• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Pokemon regions 'n' roleplay

Which mainline region do you prefer as a setting?

• Kanto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johto

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Unova

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Kalos

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Alola

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
In the context of a roleplay, which region do you prefer?

Like, is there a region from the Pokemon games that piques your interest the most? Maybe the locales are the most fleshed-out in your opinion, or there's dimension to them that makes you want to explore them vicariously yourself. Maybe there's some evidence of culture that's exciting. Or maybe just the Pokemon line-up for that region in-particular is the best of the bunch.

For any reason at all (and it can be hypothetical or from experience; you've roleplayed in the Kalos region, like, three times and are totally down for doing it again), which region, out of any of the mainline Pokemon titles, would make the best setting for a story?

(Poll will be up for 3 days btw)

Last edited:

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
I voted for Sinnoh exclusively for the snow. C;

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
I REALLY like Sinnoh as a setting because it has so many different geographical features; forest, mountain, cliffside, cave, field, lakefront, snow, beachfront, marsh, ect. Plus, all the landmarks are pretty interesting.

However, I voted Unova, as I've been craving a good adventure in the region for a while. It also has a lot of natural features, dreamworld, Poke-New York, Poke-Hollywood, on top of being underrated as heck. So yeah c:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I would've allowed y'all to see who voted to #EXPOSE but I thought it was wholly public, not the "view voter" option I've seen before, whoops.

Unova's really blown up in the last few hours, though! The Dream World is definitely an interesting feature, now that you mention it, Star.

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I voted for Johto - although I've never had chance to take part in a multi-protagonist roleplay there.

The region is just really picturesque and the scenes of it from top to bottom just have a magical energy to me. There's some interesting opportunities for interaction with other members in the game with places like Slowpoke Well, National Park (for the Bug Catching Contests), Slowpoke Well and the variety of Team Rocket bases. Just thinking about it is getting me excited and craving to hop in a roleplay right now, aha.​

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Johto is definitely my favorite region, which is the reason why it got my vote. Close seconds would be Hoenn and Unova though. I really like the majority of the Pokemon which came with both the regions, and Hoenn has an obscene amount of water in which to explore which surely holds secrets we've yet to find.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Sinnoh was an amazing region to play the game in, and I think it would make for an awesome RP region too. I think I was in a Sinnoh RP once or twice but they didn't get far. However, if the history/culture of the region is incorporated well, I think the RP would be really exciting.

Back