• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This is an odd team... And probably bad

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
What? Kiro is making teams again who allowed this!?

Yeah. I am. A friend and I were talking one day about pokemon who don't look like they should be both genders... (Things like Lopunny and Gardevoir...) And it swelled into having a team of them... After some thoughts and planning (And a weird team makeup that, as far as I can see, is entirely RU....) we ended up developing one... If you do suggest changes, keep in mind there is a theme to what was chosen. (And honestly there's one with a female form that, if anything, looks more male...) I will take all suggestions and whatnot into account, but these pokemon are supposed to be "shouldn't be able to be this gender" pokemon... In the gender they don't look like they should be.

And yes, it is doubles. Trick room too, so all natures will be minus speed... Terrible if Gardevoir gets taunted, I know... but ohwell. And I know like... no one does doubles but that's where we wanted to go with it.

-I expect almost nothing positive to be said about this team. Both me and her are amateurs in competitive play at best. So don't be surprised if this looks entirely terrible. XD-

282.gif

Nature - Sassy (+SpD, -Spe)
-Ability - Synchronize
-Item - Focus Sash
-EVs - 128 HP/252 Def/128 SpD
-Trick Room/Psychic/Wish/Destiny Bond
Clearly, this is to start the Trick room.... and basically anything else it can do. Not gonna lie, I was inspired by watching a couple peoples PBR battles to try this one 5th gen. I am thinking about changing the EVs on this one a little bit though. Can't help but think they could be better (Along with most everything else but MOVING ON...)

500.gif

-Nature - Brave (+Atk, -Spe)
-Item - Leftovers
-EVs - 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
-Flamethrower/Head Smash/Hammer Arm/Grass Knot (How could I miss that attack? XD Thanks PlatinumDude)
This was a random throw together... Not really gonna lie. Mixed just seemed like a fun way to go but this could probably do with a huge change as well. >.> Not really sure...

428.gif

-Nature - Sassy (+SpD, -Spe)
-Ability - Cute Charm
-Item - Iron Ball
-EVs - 252 SpD/252 Def/4 HP
-Fake Tears/Fling/Charm/Jump Kick
Complete and utter support here. He's meant to work with Bellossom or Emboar, if she remains mixed. Jump kick is if I have nothing better to do, and Fling is obviously if I need some semblance of speed. *another inspired by watching PBR battles*

464f.gif

-Nature - Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Ability - Solid Rock
-Item - Life Orb
-EVs - 252 Atk/252 Def/4 HP
-Curse/Stone Edge/Earthquake/Megahorn
I took a gooooood long look at this thing... Even the female form looks male. My friend and I both agreed it should be included. Clearly the physi tank/sweeper. I decided for Curse>SD because the boost may not be as much, but this IS a trick room and the extra defense I think will help it in the long run as well. (Though a special attack could very well end me, so I may have to redo the spread.)

182s.gif
ShinyBWStar.png

-Nature - Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
-Ability - Healer
-Item - Petaya Berry
-EVs - 252 SpA/252 SpD/4 Def
-Energy Ball/Synthesis/Sludge Bomb/Protect
Yeah... We plan for this guy to be shiny. XD But clearly, it's a special sweeper. The Petaya berry was one of those things where it was "We have no idea what to put on you so on the off chance you survive a SE attack..." It is the ideal partner to Lopunny. The Fake tears give Bellossom the boost it would get from a nasty plot or somethin. :3 And hopefully an iron ball on Lopunny is enough for it to outslow Belossom in the trick room... If not, I'll just have to make sure This one's faster outside.

542s.gif
ShinyBWStar.png

-Nature - Brave (+Atk, -Spe)
-Ability - Swarm
-Item - Occa/Coba berry
-EVs - 252 Atk/128 Def/128SpD
-Helping Hand/Leaf Blade/X-Scissor/Swords Dance
Helping Hand is kinda filler, though we do want him to be able to support Rhyperior or Emboar if Leavanny is at a disadvantage. Berry is obviously to cover one of its two 400% weaknesses. But we're at a loss as to what.

Still bad but we DID try with them! We're just.... Amateurs. At best. If you're being nice with your descriptions. I would appreciate it if you did help improve if only a little ("Scrap this team, it sucks" or anything similar is a bit harsh... and isn't helpful AT ALL. I have had the comment before so I am just being proactive....)

So yeah... Thoughts?
-Apparently Whimsicott doesn't scream feminine enough so /sigh.... XD
*Sprites from Dialgafans....

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Emboar is best off with 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def or SDef. Also, Hammer Arm is a better option over Superpower because if you're planning on keeping Emboar in for a while, the Attack and Defense drops from Superpower won't work in your favor. Also, Hammer Arm lowers your Speed even further, making Emboar "faster" in Trick Room conditions.

Also, since TR doesn't last long, I think that you need a backup TR user, like, say, Whimsicott, even though it has no offensive prowess, it's meant to support:
-Trick Room
-Helping Hand
-Encore
-Protect
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash/Leftovers
Ability: Prankster

Or you can try the level 1 Endeavor approach:
-Trick Room
-Endeavor
-Encore