• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
is it possible to catch landorous using ultra ball or should you use the second master ball

Yes you can catch him with an ultra ball. Just be ready for an intense session. Come prepared with tons and I mean TONS of ultra balls and potions/revives. Also a good idea to save state (im playing on VBA) right before in case you kill him or he struggles to death.

You can catch him it just takes a realllllllllly long time or great luck you don't need to use the master ball

Really long is an understatement. Came into the battle with 100+ ultra balls (to be safe lol) also had a ton of hyper potions and revives. Took over an hour, 50+ ultra balls, countless revives and potions and Landorous struggling for me to catch him.

I wanted to ask in Alienhunter's walkthrough I cant seem to find the section on Legendary hunting. Im opening it in MS Word. Does anyone else have this same issue or would know wht I am doing wrong

Last edited:
Years
Can some people post there teams they have won the elite 4 with having trouble
Have you checked mine on 3 pages earlier or should I post them again...LOL

alienhunterx;7553765[/QUOTE said:
Thank you everyone for playing Pokemon Dark Rising & helping it receive the awards above. Dark Rising 2 is coming soon and it's gonna be NUMBER 1!
Ahhh I am late as always but many dearest Congrats from me too for winning the awards. Hopefully just like you said earlier, maybe DR 2 would also win

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
is it possible to catch landorous using ultra ball or should you use the second master ball
Yes, imo Landorus is really easy to catch.
Legendary dogs are much harder.

1st master ball is for arceus then what is the second one for
and can u catch kyurem and transform it into black or white kyurem
Arceus is NOT available. And Master Balls are not meant for specific Pokémon...

I mean other than catching it as it's percentage is 1% is there another way to obtain it
Even with the 1%, they are pretty common.

"with" trouble?

can someone tell me all the catchable legendaries in this game
Refer to the posts in this thread, DRG already mentioned this.
By quickly remembering... Kami Trio, Dogs, Weather trio, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Mew, in a meaning Giratina and that's all I guess...

Years

Yes, imo Landorus is really easy to catch.
Legendary dogs are much harder.

Arceus is NOT available. And Master Balls are not meant for specific Pokémon...

Even with the 1%, they are pretty common.

"with" trouble?

Refer to the posts in this thread, DRG already mentioned this.
By quickly remembering... Kami Trio, Dogs, Weather trio, Celebi, JHMirachi, Deoxys, Mew, in a meaning Giratina and that's all I guess...

then how come you get a master ball saying you need it to catch arceus
u can't get kyurem

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Great hack i really enjoyed playing it.
I liked the story line and i gotta say that this was a challenging hack :P

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
To all of those worried about using the Masterballs, don't worry, you can use it for any Pokemon you like. You will receive the important Key Items as well as 1 Master Ball at the start of Dark Rising 2. It's going to feel like a direct sequel. There won't be any "Getting the Pokedex quest, waiting for pokeballs to be available, etc". You'll have all of that stuff within minutes of starting Dark Rising 2.

Years
i tried to look this up in the walkthrough but my computer cant open all pages of it because it takes so much memory.. anyways i just got off the islands and got to millennium town. i beat the gym and giratina. where should i go next? should i go north? i think i need dive up there but i dont know how to get it.

P.S this is a GREAT hack!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Woow this game is the best i played ever!
I played the beta1 that (i think) finishes after the 4th badge.
Is the game a completed version using the final patch that is posted in the first page?

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2013
To all of those worried about using the Masterballs, don't worry, you can use it for any Pokemon you like. You will receive the important Key Items as well as 1 Master Ball at the start of Dark Rising 2. It's going to feel like a direct sequel. There won't be any "Getting the Pokedex quest, waiting for pokeballs to be available, etc". You'll have all of that stuff within minutes of starting Dark Rising 2.

Jus wondering but after what gym will we be able to catch arceus i hope at like 1st gym bcause the point i hate in other hacks is that we get arceus to late and can barely use him since he is my favourite and there are some annoyimg bugs in dark rising 1 like my deoxys wont obey

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Why is it that I have six level 50 Pokemon yet have only encountered one gym leader? I just beat Florina after V turned to stone inside that Cave. Also, the Levels of Pokemon owned by trainers so high at the moment, and am wondering what it will be like once I face the 7th or 8th gym leader. I haven't had any problems with the game (difficulty wise) since this is one of my favorite sets of teams I use. Oh, and up to this point, none of my pokemon have fainted from battles (besides that first battle against Darugis) Other than the insane difficulty levels and one game breaking glitch that's avoidable, it's a good hack. :)

Sure. I use this team:
1. Houndoom
2. Alakazam
3. Togekiss
4. Rhypherior
5. Lanturn
6. Tangrowth

I'm not going to list the moves, since it depends what moves you like. I don't use all attack moves like some people do either. I find moves like Swords Dance and Nasty Plot to help a LOT.

Last edited:
Years
i tried to look this up in the walkthrough but my computer cant open all pages of it because it takes so much memory.. anyways i just got off the islands and got to millennium town. i beat the gym and giratina. where should i go next? should i go north? i think i need dive up there but i dont know how to get it.

When you will be out from the gym Sydney will come to you and you will be brought back to the HQs. After the events there go towards Huntik Route and travel through it to reach Trident Waters through the cave

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

I've sent compressed walkthrough to alien, he will do something about it =D

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
can teach me how to patch the game?im using Phone(Andriod)My Boy-Free
what i need to do to play this game?

Can you read previous posts?????? I already answered your question yesterday.....

can teach me how to patch the game?im using Phone(Andriod)My Boy-Free
what i need to do to play this game?

Last edited:
Back