• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
the gym leader looks a little like whitney xD
But it's Mira...

@_koby12

After you defeat LIGHT in Volair Forest, which is south of Salem, you go to the Rosary Graveyard. There should be a building. Enter it & proceed thru the building to end up on the other side. About the gym in Twist Woodlands, it's closed off for a reason. You'll see why in Beta2.
Because Blitz is lazy? xD

<- She's the next Gym Leader you'll be facing. Don't be fooled cause she's a little kid and doesn't have a signature Pokemon. She's every trainer's worse nightmare who uses Only Male Pokemon. All of her Pokemon know Attract, she uses the Normal type, and all of her Pokemon have some very powerful moves to use against you after the Attract.
Yahoo! Taunt all the way!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

I was going to announce this tommorrow when I wake up, but I decided to do it Now. Me & Tajaros have come to a decision to place the 2nd Region in an entirely New Rom. This decision changes Alot of things:

-This decision now allows me to freely use alot more space in the rom the game is currently being played on without worry. Thus meaning more events and bigger areas.
-This solves the problem of Levels in the game. You know, the "My pokemon are at level 50s and I'm only at the 4th gym! By the time I reach the 7th gym, they're gonna be in the 80s!" thought some of you may have.
-Arceus will Not be obtainable in the 1st region you're playing in now.
-The 2nd region will now have brand new tiles not seen in the 1st. From grass, to rocky terrian, everything will look different.
- The 2nd region, now being in a different rom, will allow me to add More New Pokemon to the game that didn't make the first cut. Some of these I've already decided are Hoothoot/Noctowl, Levanny and it's pre-evolve forms, Lilligant and it's pre-evolve form, Bidoof and it's evolve form, Pidove and it's evolve forms, Durant, etc.
-The new rom for the 2nd region will now have the JPAN Engine. Thus meaning more OWs for the game.
-Both the 1st region and 2nd region will be Equally as Big. As both will be using every map in the entire FR rom now.
-With this decision, you've technically played 50% of the first rom. Meaning once Beta 2 is released, it'll be the complete 1st rom of the Pokemon Dark Rising series.
-SPOILER ALERT(Don't read on unless you're curious) some of you may wonder "how can it start off Exactly after the first region if we're playing on a different rom now?" I've come up with the idea of; When you and the rest of your friends arrive in the OMNI Region, the Professor there(who will be a female) has gotten word of your arrival from Prof.Ivan. Prof.Ivan kindly sends her your Dragon Pokemon you started off with to be picked up at her Lab. The dragon Pokemon is the only pokemon you asked Prof.Ivan to transfer to the Omni Region from the Core Region. It will be either Dragonite, Salamence, or Garchomp at Lv30(This also means you can change up your dragon if you weren't satisfied with your choice in the 1st region. Or, if you just wanna try something new.) Don't worry, Prof.Mercury(Her name) won't know which one you had in the 1st region obviously & ask you "Which one was yours again?"
-You can only travel to your Hometown of Fells in the 2nd rom but Not the rest of the Core Region from the 1st rom. The 2nd rom will be 98% Omni Region Only.

Well, that's about it. Tajaros has already started working on the 2nd rom while I'm working on the second half of the 1st rom. We're making Progress People! Also, if you have any suggestions or favorites you'd like to see in the 2nd region that didn't make the cut for the 1st, NOW's your chance to mention them as I'm gonna need ALOT of new pokemon for the 2nd region.

@_KeldeoInTraining

I wouldn't worry too much about that guy next to Shadow Lugia. Seeing as you're gonna lose against him. ^.^

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
It's gonna be another Ruby Destiny :D
Well, first of all, I really recommend that you should have talking mugshot like this:
SHScandalHeavenScandalHackZX.png

Secondly, how about an item that helps the Genies to evolve? like the mirror :) It would be awesome.
Thirdly, more in game trade like Keldeo -> Resolution form and vice versa (don't give the flag)
And more how about some pokemon NPC that have relationship with 1st rom :) like Grimsley is Yugi's bro, or Red is Ash's master, and why couldn't Misty appear, when brock has reveal :) And double battle gym: Green and Gary :) wow, many things to say more, but i need you to confirm first about this

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
It's gonna be another Ruby Destiny :D
Well, first of all, I really recommend that you should have talking mugshot like this:
SHScandalHeavenScandalHackZX.png

Secondly, how about an item that helps the Genies to evolve? like the mirror :) It would be awesome.
Thirdly, more in game trade like Keldeo -> Resolution form and vice versa (don't give the flag)
And more how about some pokemon NPC that have relationship with 1st rom :) like Grimsley is Yugi's bro, or Red is Ash's master, and why couldn't Misty appear, when brock has reveal :) And double battle gym: Green and Gary :) wow, many things to say more, but i need you to confirm first about this

Then that means we have to replace Pokemon Sprites, I think DRG won't agree with that... :) Since replacing sprites meaning lesser Pokemon... :(

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
The genies and their evolutions will be in it as well as Misty. Not sure about the other ppl tho lol. The 2nd region is still some time from now. My focus is on finishing the next half of the 1st. Which will be even more exciting and fun now as I don't have to hold back space and worry about running out of maps.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
too bad, victini event is not working again in my game.. sigh.. but the entei event worked.. anyways, i'm still enjoying the game again..

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

Well, that's about it. Tajaros has already started working on the 2nd rom while I'm working on the second half of the 1st rom. We're making Progress People! Also, if you have any suggestions or favorites you'd like to see in the 2nd region that didn't make the cut for the 1st, NOW's your chance to mention them as I'm gonna need ALOT of new pokemon for the 2nd region.

- Starters again and Meloetta pleeease. :D

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I'm going to simplify the victini event where it can work no matter what. Should be posted by tommorrow evening

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2015
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

I was going to announce this tommorrow when I wake up, but I decided to do it Now. Me & Tajaros have come to a decision to place the 2nd Region in an entirely New Rom. This decision changes Alot of things:

-This decision now allows me to freely use alot more space in the rom the game is currently being played on without worry. Thus meaning more events and bigger areas.
-This solves the problem of Levels in the game. You know, the "My pokemon are at level 50s and I'm only at the 4th gym! By the time I reach the 7th gym, they're gonna be in the 80s!" thought some of you may have.
-Arceus will Not be obtainable in the 1st region you're playing in now.
-The 2nd region will now have brand new tiles not seen in the 1st. From grass, to rocky terrian, everything will look different.
- The 2nd region, now being in a different rom, will allow me to add More New Pokemon to the game that didn't make the first cut. Some of these I've already decided are Hoothoot/Noctowl, Levanny and it's pre-evolve forms, Lilligant and it's pre-evolve form, Bidoof and it's evolve form, Pidove and it's evolve forms, Durant, etc.
-The new rom for the 2nd region will now have the JPAN Engine. Thus meaning more OWs for the game.
-Both the 1st region and 2nd region will be Equally as Big. As both will be using every map in the entire FR rom now.
-With this decision, you've technically played 50% of the first rom. Meaning once Beta 2 is released, it'll be the complete 1st rom of the Pokemon Dark Rising series.
-SPOILER ALERT(Don't read on unless you're curious) some of you may wonder "how can it start off Exactly after the first region if we're playing on a different rom now?" I've come up with the idea of; When you and the rest of your friends arrive in the OMNI Region, the Professor there(who will be a female) has gotten word of your arrival from Prof.Ivan. Prof.Ivan kindly sends her your Dragon Pokemon you started off with to be picked up at her Lab. The dragon Pokemon is the only pokemon you asked Prof.Ivan to transfer to the Omni Region from the Core Region. It will be either Dragonite, Salamence, or Garchomp at Lv30(This also means you can change up your dragon if you weren't satisfied with your choice in the 1st region. Or, if you just wanna try something new.) Don't worry, Prof.Mercury(Her name) won't know which one you had in the 1st region obviously & ask you "Which one was yours again?"
-You can only travel to your Hometown of Fells in the 2nd rom but Not the rest of the Core Region from the 1st rom. The 2nd rom will be 98% Omni Region Only.

@_KeldeoInTraining

I wouldn't worry too much about that guy next to Shadow Lugia. Seeing as you're gonna lose against him. ^.^

My salemance is lv 80 and all the rest of my pokemon are lv 70 ....

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Cool! So we expect a sequel ? This also allows you to finish dark rising faster right ?
Anyways i found a typo error
It says rong time not wrong as it should

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
Other events that didn't work/error in my game:
1. In the ship, even before i rescue the child in the deck, the scene took placed already and after i battling Kayo, he didn't disappear (unlike the previous release)
2. In Almaris mansion, battling kyurem m&w and in the exit door brings me to the entrance.
3. In frozen dungeon, the events there already happened.
Is there anyone who experienced those? Or maybe, the problem is the rom that i used?
EDIT:
I must say the events is working properly now.
Current location: Mystic falls

Last edited:
Back