• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
HI! I'm new at this forum; first of all thanks DarkRisingGirl for your great hack, I'm adoring it! Please have some patience trying to understand me as I'm from Spain and i know very little English.
I would need some help with this hack; I was playing the beta1 and reached "Aroma Path", then I realized I couldn't go forward or doing anything, so I searched the name of the hack in Google and I ended founding this forum.
Then I downloaded the "final version" of Dark Rising, and I could enter to the cave were Giovanni is... And here comes the doubt: Am I supposed to beat Giovanni? Cos' he's holding lvl90 pokemons and my strongest pokemon it0's just at lvl42, so beating Giovanni is kind of a impossible deal. Please help me! And thanks 4 everything, this forum is great keep it up!

Thanks. You don't have to beat Giovanni, the battle's completely optional and only for knowing information about the Organization you'll have to battle against in Dark Rising 2. If you keep walking, passing where the cave is, you'll see a building. Walk in a specific part of the building until it warps you to the other side or you see an arrow telling you to walk.

I think it should be Ferrothorn. HAHA! You do know that's a joke, right?
Yay!! Is there a separate thread already for DR 2?

Not yet, after the hack's made a good amount of progress, I'll post up a thread for it. I'm still working on the sprites and fixing the Pokemon's stats and moves. I already have 80% of the storyline all planed out including how it'll end.

The problem with missing badge is finnal badge. ccan you make that all legendary have their own signature moves?

STEEL TYPE POKEMON RULES!!!!!!!

Yea, I'll try. Arceus already has his own move & Darugis has an even stronger version of that Dark Chaos attack most of you had to deal with when you battle Adrian's Shadow Lugia.

Last edited:

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
Few question
1:what do i do after defeatiing adrian?
2:what lies in store in the poseidon cave?

Explore :D The game is done after eating Adrian.
Poseidon cave is home to a cool Pokemon.. I even had it on my team on my campaign to finish the team. You do not want me to spoil the fun right? Explore it, it's nice.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2015
Somebody please tell me where to find a fire stone?? I really want my growlithe to evolve, i now at salem :(

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Somebody please tell me where to find a fire stone?? I really want my growlithe to evolve, i now at salem :(

I believe Fire Stones are sold at Flamen City. If anyone else found any Fire Stones around, mind helping him out by telling locations? I kinda forgot where I put the items lol.

Hey DRG, just wondering how do you get to Dragonfang Veil?

You can get there from Dragon Valley. There's 2 doors deep within the valley, 1 door leads you back to the beginning of the Valley, the other brings you to DragonFangVeil where a familiar character is waiting to battle you.

ATTENTION!!!!

I have a very high request for OW Spriters. I've done the trainer sprite for Sydney's new attire in Dark Rising 2 and I would like an OW Spriter to sprite her OWs. You'll receive full credit & have your OW sprite as an important person in Dark Rising 2. ^.^

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey DrG what about my problem I reported earlier through the screenie?

I thought of just leaving him like that as being a paranoid man who has no business being in a cave anyway if he's afraid of em...lol. So he just "!" then turns back around cause he's scared. But about your walkthrough, remember you can send it to me when you feel you're ready and I'll upload it onto the main post on the first page.

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
I thought of just leaving him like that as being a paranoid man who has no business being in a cave anyway if he's afraid of em...lol. So he just "!" then turns back around cause he's scared. But about your walkthrough, remember you can send it to me when you feel you're ready and I'll upload it onto the main post on the first page.

Well, that sounds legit. xD Too bad this hack did not make it after the nominations.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Hey DRG.
I found some bugs, but nothing that interfere in the progress of the game. I´m playing it right now, and I must say it again: Great hack, congrats (: I really like it.
The only bug I think that I should mention is the one about the move Zen Headbutt. It has 100% chance to cause flinch, so it´s unfair to use it. A pokemon with high speed always attack first, so the opponent doesn´t has a chance. And something like a X Accuracy item makes it with 100% acc. And a pokemon with low speed, but with agility, quick claw, using a X speed or something, can abuse of this bug. It´s pretty unfair to use this, and I like the move because it´s a good psychic attack. And of course, when it´s used against you, it´s even worse, pretty annoying haha.
Besides that, i don´t found any bug that is a big deal. I didn´t finished the game yet, but so far, it´s really awesome (:
thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Hi, I am in love with this hack. Its within the top 5 i've ever played, But i'm stumped. I cant seem to find the EXP Share, Any tips? Thanks~

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Well, that sounds legit. xD Too bad this hack did not make it after the nominations.

lol. But yea, 4th place isn't bad though seeing as I was up against hacks that's been on here for years. Being tied with the 3rd place hack only to have it beat my hack out the spot doesn't make me disappointed. If anything, it makes me happy to be almost up there with the top 3. Just wait til DR 2 comes out ^.^ I'M TAKING THE CROWN!

Hey DRG.
I found some bugs, but nothing that interfere in the progress of the game. I´m playing it right now, and I must say it again: Great hack, congrats (: I really like it.
The only bug I think that I should mention is the one about the move Zen Headbutt. It has 100% chance to cause flinch, so it´s unfair to use it. A pokemon with high speed always attack first, so the opponent doesn´t has a chance. And something like a X Accuracy item makes it with 100% acc. And a pokemon with low speed, but with agility, quick claw, using a X speed or something, can abuse of this bug. It´s pretty unfair to use this, and I like the move because it´s a good psychic attack. And of course, when it´s used against you, it´s even worse, pretty annoying haha.
Besides that, i don´t found any bug that is a big deal. I didn´t finished the game yet, but so far, it´s really awesome (:
thanks!

Lol yea, sorry about that. But thanks ^.^

Hi, I am in love with this hack. Its within the top 5 i've ever played, But i'm stumped. I cant seem to find the EXP Share, Any tips? Thanks~

Thanks ^.^ Actually, there's an unlimited amount of exp.shares within the hack. The starter Pokemon have a 50% chance of holding one if you catch it. So basically, if you spend a lot of time catching them, I'm sure you'll catch one that has it attach to it. Goodluck!

XXVIII

Romhacker Wannabe
Years
Wow it's finally completed, I'll just wait for DR2 before playing this. Congratulations!

I thought that DR2 is just an update to DR1. After reading previous post I learned that it is another hack, am I right? So I guess I will patch the game now and start playing. There are so many good feedbacks here and I'm so excited!

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
Hey, thanks for your fast answer DarkRisingGirl, but I discovered it by myself; anyway thanks. I wanted to tell you how much I am enjoying this hack; it's so nice and well done, and the history is also good. If you need any help, as reporting any bugs I find on it (I did found a few ones, that doesn't craps all the gameplay but maybe you want to know them to solve them and make the hack look "professional"), or translating it to Spanish, I could do that if you0re interested, but I warn you that I don't have any idea about rom hacking XD
Well, in resume, thanks a lot for this wonderful hack, hope you keep up the work, and if I can do anything to pay you back someway this work you've done, know I'm here (have lots of free time, you know Spain, there's no work everybody is unemployed hahah lol)
Read ya!

PokeGeisha

Breeder and CompetitiveTrainer
Years
Wait a sec! Slap me silly and call me a Butterfree! Its finally done!^o^ ive been waiting to play cause i prefer to play went he games are finished!Better go start now!:D WOOOOT!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2019
whats after poseidon's cave? after catchng kyogre? im stucked :O

umm i went to Blitz's gym and tarea said its the final gym of the region but it turns out that ive only got 6 and blitz's gym is 7th, did i miss out on something? what is it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
I think I may have done something horribly wrong :(

I got to the end of Chaos Path but I can't get into the forest because there are trees blocking the way that it won't let me use Cut on!

Did I miss a badge or something? Help!

Unrelatedly, I took an Escavalier as one of my main pokemon just for fun and HAVE NOT regretted that at all! Turns out it's actually really useful!

Last edited:
Years
Thanks again for the encouragement but I am now thinking after taking advice of Ash493 that I will complete the main story first and then will deliver my walk through as currently I am spending a lot of time into it.
I also played the game yesterday and found two of these things in Atlantic city. just reporting so it comes in your mind. Leave it or check it its just upto you.:D
14ybs49.jpg
2uiaeky.jpg

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thanks again for the encouragement but I am now thinking after taking advice of Ash493 that I will complete the main story first and then will deliver my walk through as currently I am spending a lot of time into it.
I also played the game yesterday and found two of these things in Atlantic city. just reporting so it comes in your mind. Leave it or check it its just upto you.:D
14ybs49.jpg
2uiaeky.jpg

That would be best (since it was ME who suggested it xD).
Anyways those screenies are very nice showing of tiles that do not have overshade player atribute.

I thought that DR2 is just an update to DR1. After reading previous post I learned that it is another hack, am I right? So I guess I will patch the game now and start playing. There are so many good feedbacks here and I'm so excited!
DR2 will be a sequel to DR1, update is DR1.5 (too many versions if you ask me... xD)

Wait a sec! Slap me silly and call me a Butterfree! Its finally done!^o^ ive been waiting to play cause i prefer to play went he games are finished!Better go start now!:D WOOOOT!
Hello Buttefree, I use Ultra Ball.

Back