• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Even though this is very unlikely to occur in the 5th generation(only because of the map) i would love to see the gyms added with thier respective enviroments instead of in a building in the middle of the city

Ex Fire- gym inside a volcano
Electric- Gym is a power plant
Poisen-( in the future) maybe in a hospitol and the gym leader is a doctor
That's a good idea. Game Freak has tried to do that-ish. Ex. Eterna City has Eterna Forest before it hinting the coming of a grass-type leader. It always amazed me that a forest could fit in a Gym. Also Castelia Gym got me so confused. I mean really, honey coated walls and a nature theme in a city metropolis? The dude didn't even have a Combee!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Even though this is very unlikely to occur in the 5th generation(only because of the map) i would love to see the gyms added with thier respective enviroments instead of in a building in the middle of the city

That would be nice! Only thing that may possibly be likely is the volcano gym... it could happen considering there's ice everywhere and a volcano could be dormant somewhere! Electric ya I doubt they'd relocate completely if Elesa's gym type stays, and for poison, ya not happening sadly :(

Years

The gyms from BW mostly already did this.

1st gym (Fire/Water/Grass) is a cafe where you could get some tea (which you get by mixing hot water and tea leaves).
2nd gym (Normal) is a library and this is one where I don't quite see a direct connection.
3rd gym (Bug) is in a large city building which mimics how insects live: in large colonies like ants or bees.
4th gym (Electric) is in an amusement park with tons of bright lights.
5th gym (Ground) is in a mine shaft.
6th gym (Flying) is in an airplane hanger.
7th gym (Ice) is in an icy cave.
8th gym (Dragon) is some kind of stone room with big dragon statues. That sorta fits.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013

1st gym (Fire/Water/Grass) is a cafe where you could get some tea (which you get by mixing hot water and tea leaves).
2nd gym (Normal) is a library and this is one where I don't quite see a direct connection.
3rd gym (Bug) is in a large city building which mimics how insects live: in large colonies like ants or bees.
8th gym (Dragon) is some kind of stone room with big dragon statues. That sorta fits.

Maybe 2nd gym is in library because books are basic sources of knowledge and normal types are considered to be the most basic types.

I think Homika's gym could be in the city with some kind of factory producing poisonous chemicals.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Speaking of the 7th Gym! I hope it's elsewhere to be honest. I mean why have an Ice type Gym Leader in Icirrus, where the city itself doesn't even deal with anything icy. :[ Plus there's randomly Dragonspiral Tower.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I thought Icirrus was cute...The music was kind of irish! AND IT HAD CLAPPING!!!

Enough weirdness.

However, GAME FREAK kind of likes the Ice gym to be 7th, they did it in d/p/pt too. So I think they'll keep it. Off topic, but I hope they make there be a point to icirrus moor...it was pretty but pointless...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I thought Icirrus was cute...The music was kind of irish! AND IT HAD CLAPPING!!!

Enough weirdness.

However, GAME FREAK kind of likes the Ice gym to be 7th, they did it in d/p/pt too. So I think they'll keep it. Off topic, but I hope they make there be a point to icirrus moor...it was pretty but pointless...
Yeah, but I was referring to the 7th Gym being moved into a different city or town. You see DPPt had Snowpoint, and an Ice type gym was perfect there. In Icirrus, not so much.

Thoughhh, I guess there really isn't any other place it could be. Unless somewhere on the east side of Unova there is a better icy/snow-ish themed town or city.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Unless they move it to the mountain with the airport I don't really see where else it could fit. :x

Years
Personally I feel like it's the only option they have. These are sequels, and if we're playing as the same trainers we've already beaten the Unova gym leaders.

I agree with the above quote.
I think that if they are trying to make a version 1.5 of it, but slapping a 2 on instead, it needs to be from different angles to be convincing.​

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Wolf suggested something about protags that made me think... perhaps Homika/Shizui's teams can be version exclusive. So in Black, Homika has Venipede, while in White, she has Trubbish! And they just go like that with each parallel. Might be a nice twist!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
^ That would be cool as heck! Like, Koffing in one version, and Grimer in the other! That'd be sweet. I'd definitely be excited for that.
Shizui could also have one form of Basulin in one version, and then the other form in the other version!
Now I want this to happen. Make this happen. ;;

Quixote

Pokemon Researcher
Years
I think they are going to move Brycen as well. He didn't really seem to "fit" with everyone. Maybe he's off researching Kyurem?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh awesome, Basculin forms per version would make more sense than throwing anything together. Maybe Ducklett and Wingull - with each game concentrating more on the present or past aka new Pokemon or just Unova Polemon for the gym leaders.

And about Brycen yeah that could be logical and replace him with a new ice leader.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
I think they are going to move Brycen as well. He didn't really seem to "fit" with everyone. Maybe he's off researching Kyurem?

Once you think about it your right even though brycen did lead you to the dragonspiral tower i feel that his character was not developed enoughother than being a very softspoken moviestar(a girl said it in town)

Thats another thing i would like to the characters not just the gym leaders developed even more
For example if Homika is the rebellious daughter of janine

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm starting to think that Brycen might be replaced and made into an E4 (seeing how every odd gen has had an ice e4) so maybe the new gym leader could be a steel or possibly a rock gym to go with the DragonSpiral tower being a ruin.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
!!!!just had an idea!!!!
What if they moved the Dragon gym to Icirrus, where I think it belongs, and then the Opelucid gym would be split-If you play Black, it would be Dark type,(because dark is black) and if you play White, it would be...Psychic? Or Fire? Those are bright types. And later you could battle the other one.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^ I like that idea, but what would cause Opelucid's gym to move to Icirrus?
I would like a dual type gym with dark, and psychic type gym leader twins.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I would like a dual type gym with dark, and psychic type gym leader twins.
Probably because there's Dragonspiral Tower and Druddigon is also found there. Though if the Dragon type Gym Leaders moved over to Icirrus, they'd better have more Dragon types appear in the wild. :B

Oh and I'd like to see a split between a Electric/Fire gym for Opelucid. Considering Chili may start his own separate Fire type Gym (if followed by anime); it also goes along with the red/blue scheme.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Maybe because at that time it was too close to Lacunosa and the ice build up, isntead of the snow build-up was detrimental to the dragon Pokemon so they moved to the next closest place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back