• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokemon Neo Y & Neo X

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2016
Pokemon Neo X - Neo Y
Base Game: Pokemon X/Y
Current Version: 1.33
Released: 5/6/15​
Updated: 6/8/15

neo2-png.19125

Neo X & Neo Y are rom hacks of Pokemon X and Y designed to offer the player greater difficulty through expanded trainers and better variety through edited wild Pokemon encounters along with a plethora of other features. NeoX&Y are pretty much identical at this stage.

Full and Lite Versions
  • Full version contains all the features mentioned below
  • Lite version contains only edited trainers and wild Pokemon encounters

006-mx.png
Main Features:
006-mx.png
  • Trainers
    - A more consistent but much harder level curve to greatly increase difficulty
    - Many trainers now have a greater amount of Pokemon with custom movesets, higher IVs and items
    - Gym leaders have been significantly upgraded. The get progressively tougher in terms of amount of Pokemon, IVs, Mega-Evolution, movesets and items
    - There are a greater number of rotation, double and triple battles

[*]Pokemon (See documentation for detailed information)
    - All 721 Pokemon now available in one playthrough. All areas now offer much greater variety
    - All previously unavailable Pokemon are now included - Eg; Rattata
    - Most Pokemon now have easy access to their Hidden abilities. Pokemon who had comparatively non-beneficial abilities have been given a new set entirely
    - Many Pokemon have had their stats slightly edited to make them comparatively viable; Some have also had their typing edited Eg; Golduck is now Water/Psychic
    - A lot of Pokemon have had their level up moveset edited to either match that of ORAS or improve those who didn't have a great moveset to begin with
    A few moves themselves have been edited. Disarming voice and Bubble/bubblebeam are now Physical moves because the game severely lacked physical moves for Water and Fairy Pokemon making them useless in the beginning of the game. HMs such as cut have had their typing changed and BP boosted
    - Pokemon who needed to be traded to evolve can now be evolved by alternate methods (usually by level up)
    - Pokemon who can mega evolve such as Mawile will have a small chance of carrying their respective stone
    - All Pokemon eggs now hatch extremely quickly

• Storyline
    - The storyline has been edited to make it a little more interesting and controversial (are you doing the right thing?)
    - Team flare have a new ranking order (Leader Lysandre - Deputy Leader Xerosic - four Elemental admins - Commanders - Grunts)
    - Elemental admins are much stronger and use diverse teams according to their element
    - You now have more battles with Shauna, Tierno and Trevor. Most of these are optional and are initiated by seeking out and talking to trainers in areas - Eg; Santalune Forest

[CENTRE]
Free_use_Pokeball_icon_by_steffne.gif
Screenshots
Free_use_Pokeball_icon_by_steffne.gif

24e5rgo.png
[/CENTRE]

Also check out TheeMikeyj's debut LP of the game

077.png
Install Guide
077.png
There's a written guide in the download section along with a video guide. Don't ask about roms here they are banned - google is your friend​

120.png
Credits:
Spoiler:

040.png
Help:

icon-ledian.png
Bugs:
  • Talking to trainers post-battle sometimes will bring up empty bubbles, ignore.
  • Have at least two Pokemon in your team for Viola or the game will crash
  • Occasional visual mishap with rotation battles clashing with backgrounds

026.png
Changelog:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
Years
A 6TH GEN HACK?!!?!? OMG Amazing! But we need a Gateway PC? If that's true, lots of people won't be able to play. :/ Plus the tutorial, oml, so much stuff. lol But I'll still need to see some screenshots. You might as well use your phone and try to take some screenshots. :]

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2016
A 6TH GEN HACK?!!?!? OMG Amazing! But we need a Gateway PC? If that's true, lots of people won't be able to play. :/ Plus the tutorial, oml, so much stuff. lol But I'll still need to see some screenshots. You might as well use your phone and try to take some screenshots. :]

Thanks! I hope this encourages more people to buy a Gateway to play 6th gen hacks. LOL I hope someone with the right software can take come nice screenshots/a video for me phone pictures would not look very professional.

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
Years
I'm playing this now and whoa! Thisois amazing! I only played up to Viola's gym, but this is quality stuff!

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2016
I'm playing this now and whoa! Thisois amazing! I only played up to Viola's gym, but this is quality stuff!

Thank you that means a lot!! Are you able to take any screenshots/video I'd really appreciate it {XD}

Also, released version 1.02 and added a changelog to the description!

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
Years
Thank you that means a lot!! Are you able to take any screenshots/video I'd really appreciate it {XD}

Also, released version 1.02 and added a changelog to the description!

I don't have a capture card, so sadly, no. I ordered one today, but it might be a few days before I get it.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2016
I don't have a capture card, so sadly, no. I ordered one today, but it might be a few days before I get it.

That's great I look forward to it arriving. I suggest you update if you're still early on to the newly released V1.04 BTW.

Alright so 1.04/0.94 is here! I highly recommend everyone re-reads the description and update to this version.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
This is looking nice. I didn't see, but is this a 719/721 hack? If so, did you use the randomizer portion of PK3DS? Or did you edit the wilds manually? I was planning on releasing my small hack of Omega Ruby. But never got around to doing so. Good job!

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
don't you have to post at least a few pictures if it's a release?
just can't trust it yet.

blue

gucci
Years
Great to finally see a Gen VI hack, X & Y certainly needed a buff up in difficulty. Unfortunately I don't have a capture card, but it looks like you've done a good job with this project!

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2016
Great to finally see a Gen VI hack, X & Y certainly needed a buff up in difficulty. Unfortunately I don't have a capture card, but it looks like you've done a good job with this project!

Thanks X and Y definitely did it got to the point were I was put of the game by how easy it was especially gyms and bosses!

Note:The download has been updated along with the main post for the release of the lite version.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2016
1.07 has been released bringing many quick fixes and the introduction of wild encounter changes which I forgot to add to the original. The main post has been updated with screenshots too :)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Hi, I'm very exited by the posibility of playing an enhanced version of pokemon Y and I appreciate your time and effort to do this.
Regarding the downloads and how to patch the game, is there any other way to decrypt the ROM than using rxtool? I have tried several times to do it with my 4.2 FW console (used to run gateway) but nothing seems to work. Is there any program to let me do it?
And, if there any posibility to use an easier patcher without having to compile everything again?

Thank you for the release!

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2016
Hi, I'm very exited by the posibility of playing an enhanced version of pokemon Y and I appreciate your time and effort to do this.
Regarding the downloads and how to patch the game, is there any other way to decrypt the ROM than using rxtool? I have tried several times to do it with my 4.2 FW console (used to run gateway) but nothing seems to work. Is there any program to let me do it?
And, if there any posibility to use an easier patcher without having to compile everything again?

Thank you for the release!

Hey,
This tutorial has an alternative method I think will work for you (Scroll down to without internet section).

Also, the patching process has been simplified and so has rebuilding with the release of the rom rebuilder

I've just released a new mini update all it does it fix a few text mishaps but you may as well redownload. And I've added some more screenshots to front page

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2016
i have firmwarre 9.7 is there anyway to get this on my ds or am i shit out of luck because following the tot u gave did not help i am at a dead end

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2016
i have firmwarre 9.7 is there anyway to get this on my ds or am i muk out of luck because following the tot u gave did not help i am at a dead end

Aw man sorry you're gonna need a lower firmware version to get this working with Gateway :(

1.08 released fixing a crash at the first team flare grunt battle

Back