• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] "Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
The thing about that Exeggutor is that the original was a promo card, but that one you pulled is classified as a secret rare for the English release, as are several other Imakuni cards in Evolutions. Actually some pretty crazy luck.

For that Ampharos, it's a function of the card art that makes it appear so dim.
Always reliable with the info. Thanks, Don. :)

I remembered seeing this Exeggutor card a long, long time ago.. so I pulled out some old cards from a binder of uncommons/dupes and it turns out I have an original Imakuni Exeggutor. The new one may be a lucky find, but mainly it jogged my memory and got me the old school one!

Here's the comparison shot:
Spoiler:
Also, while I was on hiatus I went hunting for some neat things so I might as well list those! Though I didn't pull them from any pack recently. All pics are particularly dreadful looking because I own a terrible phone and they're all in reflective sleeves. Sorry. :[

Here's that ever scandalous "swastika" Golbat Trainer:
Spoiler:

A prerelease Misty's Seadra:
Spoiler:

And here are a few of my Charizards for fun:
Spoiler:

Years
Always reliable with the info. Thanks, Don. :)

I remembered seeing this Exeggutor card a long, long time ago.. so I pulled out some old cards from a binder of uncommons/dupes and it turns out I have an original Imakuni Exeggutor. The new one may be a lucky find, but mainly it jogged my memory and got me the old school one!

Here's the comparison shot:
Spoiler:
Also, while I was on hiatus I went hunting for some neat things so I might as well list those! Though I didn't pull them from any pack recently. All pics are particularly dreadful looking because I own a terrible phone and they're all in reflective sleeves. Sorry. :[

Here's that ever scandalous "swastika" Golbat Trainer:
Spoiler:

A prerelease Misty's Seadra:
Spoiler:

And here are a few of my Charizards for fun:
Spoiler:

Nice find with the "swastika" Koga's Ninja Trick there.

I'm pretty sure I also have a prerelease Misty's Seadra but I can't say that with certainty.

AND since I'm here, just gonna open another Burning Shadows pack on the TCGO real quick: And Pulled a Machamp GX and the Acerola and Bodybuilding Dumbbells trainer cards.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Started making unboxing videos. This is my first video, covering the first half of my Burning Shadows booster box.

(Warning, contains explicit language)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened the Komala and Jangmo blisters and got a Noivern GX

I also opened one of the Cosmog blisters and got an Alolan Muk GX and a Darkrai GX.

Years
Picked up a couple boxes from GameStop earlier today. The one I'm opening tonight is the Kommo-o GX box.

Evolutions Pack: Charizard, Brock's Grit, Professor Oak's Hint
Guardians Rising Pack: Chandelure
Burning Shadows Pack 1: FA Necrozma GX, reverse holo Escape Rope, Mount Lanakila
Burning Shadows Pack 2: Crabominable, Bodybuilding Dumbbells

Full art was again a pleasant surprise.

Years
Opened a Mewtwo EX box today.

Evolutions Pack 1: Ninetales BREAK, Dewgong, Slowbro Spirit Link, Pokedex
Evolutions Pack 2: Bilingual 109/108 Exeggutor, Mewtwo, Misty's Determination, Revive
Fates Collide Pack 1: reverse holo Ultra Ball, Tyranitar, Random Receiver, Audino Spirit Link
Fates Collide Pack 2: Rotom, Pokemon Fan Club

Was a nice surprise to get a secret rare in just 4 packs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I went to Target and got some of the Mega Construx sets. I also got a Burning Shadows 3 pack. And 3 loose packs, they were in the 3.49 bin and mostly just older xy sets. (Lol my phone autocorrected xy to Zubat).

Didn't notice until Igot home that the Flashfire was French. The other two were English Roaring Skies. I usually pull nothing from these thinking they are weighed. They definitely weren't the Roaring Skies had Shaymin Ex and Hydreigon Ex.

The 3 pack had 165/147 Rescue Stretcher. Haven't opened packs much but the secret rates seem to be super common. I think I've pulled 6 or 7 of the new Sun and Moon secret rates.

Last edited:
Years
Opened up a Shining Legends ETB today. First card in each pack is the card in the rare slot.

Pack 1: Manaphy
Pack 2: Zoroark GX, Hau, Warp Energy
Pack 3: Raikou, Great Ball, Venusaur, Ultra Ball
Pack 4: 78/73 Mewtwo GX, Energy Retrieval
Pack 5: 71/73 Entei GX, Lillie, Pokemon Breeder, Ultra Ball
Pack 6: 39/73 Mewtwo GX, Volcarona, Damage Mover
Pack 7: Keldeo, Pokemon Catcher
Pack 8: Zekrom, Hau
Pack 9: Palkia, Switch Venusaur
Pack 10: Shining Genesect, Hau, Great Ball

Are the pull rates with this set supposed to be this good? Or was this a lucky ETB with 4 GXes?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened 2 Shining Legends Elite Trainer Boxes. I decided to collect the set since there's only 73 regular cards in the set. It's the first set I've collected since Evolutions. The other sets just have way too many cards to collect them.

The first box was a dud with just an Entei Gx, a duplicate actually.

The second one was better with another Entei Gx, a Zoroark Gx and a 75 Raichu Gx, actually the Raichu was the only new card and it's actually my second rainbow rare.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened 3 Bewear Boxes and a Shining Legends etb. The Bewear boxes were 13.98 at Walmart, in other words in each box 2 packs and the promos were free. Was hoping to get some full art trainers from Guardians Rising, no luck there but did pull a bunch of ultra rares. The Etb was good too, got it at TRU, they price matched Gamestop which was 20 dollars cheaper....

Bewear Box 1: Venusaur Ex, Steelix Ex
Bewear Box 2: Volcanion Full Art, Turtonator Gx
Bewear Box 3: Volcanion Full Art
Etb: Mewtwo Full Art, Mewtwo Gx, Entei Gx, Zoroark Gx

It seems the Shining Legends Gx pull rates are the same as Generations, but the Shining cards are rare.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I opened 1 Shiny Legends Elite Trainer Box and one Burning Shadows Elite Trainer Box.

I got from the SL etb Raichu rainbow rare, Mewtwo full art and a Mewtwo Gx, pull rates have definitely been increased for the GX's, but the shinings are as rare as secret rares. Unfortunately all are duplicates. I heard its common to pull a lot of the same ultra rares but then not find other ultra rares. Like I have Mewtwo's and Raichu's for days but Entei and the Pokemon Breeder are scarce.

Anyways the other etb had the Rainbow rare Machamp and a holo Diancie. The Machamp was a new card.

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Got myself into a PR event for Crimson Invasion this Saturday. Started out with the Registeele kit (the only player out of 10 in total) and got myself 3x Registeele to use in the tournament.

Though I did win.. I really ended up as a loser in terms of draws... while my friends gotten their hands on a full art Gyarados GX and several Ultra beasts... Well, let's just say that the rarest card I got was the promo Registeele (which is absolutely amazing, don't get me wrong)

Really can't wait to get my hands on the new set! =D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Little late to the game but I got some good hauls from New York Comic Con!
Spoiler:

Which are nice and all and I was able to haggle them down a bit, but the real piece I'm thrilled about is this baby:
Spoiler:

I over-payed for it kinda by a lot? But I got swept up in the moment and it was the last new/mint and I just had to have it. Ya'll understand I know I'm in good compulsive buying company lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back