• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokรฉCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokรฉmon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokรฉmon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Background Insertion (With Patches)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 25, 2019
๐“‘๐’ถ๐“‰๐“‰๐“๐‘’ ๐“‘๐’ถ๐’ธ๐“€๐‘”๐“‡๐‘œ๐“Š๐’น ๐“˜๐“ƒ๐“ˆ๐‘’๐“‡๐“‰๐’พ๐‘œ๐“ƒ

DISCLAIMER :

I know that this is probably a very noob tutorial because this is my first thread, but I am so bored. Also, I know some noobs are always confused when they go into a HEX editor and see all the numbers. This way of inserting battle backgrounds is not recommended, since it will most likely have major bugs. You have been warned...

Spoiler: What You Will Need
unLZ
Lunar IPS

Now let's get into the tutorial! Yay!!!

Spoiler: Tutorial
You need to first download the file provided in the downloads. Open the Read Me file and you will see multiple things. Open your rom in unLZ. In the Read Me file there are numbers before what seems to say "Y SIGUIENTE." You goto to that number in unLz. Lets use "Grass" as the example for the whole tutorial. For "Grass," goto 3 in unLZ. Once your there, import the "BackgroundHierba.png" and press "Write to ROM." Don't do anything yet. Check "Automatically fix pointers." You will also see "Image Offset" and "Palette Offset." Go back to your Read Me file and in "Imagen," you will see multiple numbers. Paste this number in "Image Offset." Same thing with "Paletta," but this time paste it into "Palette Offset." Note : Do not remove the two zeros while changing these two offsets. Finally, you can press "OK." The next step is to press "next" in unLZ. In the upper left, press "File." Select "Load RAW," then select "Tilemap.raw." Select "Write to ROM." Paste the same palette offset, but this time put the image offset as the "Raw" in the Read Me file. "Automatically fix pointers" needs to be checked. Finally, press "OK." If you try out the battle background in the game, the battle background will look like you threw up on it. To counter this, use the patch with the corresponding battle background we used and edited. Now if you go into your game and try out the battle background, it should look like Leonardo da Vinci's barf. That's all I guess.

If you didn't understand, which you probably didn't, watch this video. I do not own this video, nor do I want to take credit for it.

Spoiler: Known Bugs
Player's room is messed up
That's all I remember

Spoiler: Credits
C Sai sar
WesleyGF
PokeMMO

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 25, 2019
If you are having trouble or need help understanding, just PM me.

YoY-X

bootycable
Years
Dude!
i was watching this vid few days ago and wanted to make patches for all of these in one rom!
isnt that funny!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 25, 2019
Wow that is illuminati, but please do. Some people are just too lazy to do this...

Zankew

(โ–€ฬฟฤนฬฏโ–€ฬฟ ฬฟ)
Years
dude, this is cool but to download all the files together i gotta get the premium version :(
If i download one by one then all of the files will be lost in my PC(believe me, it's filled with junk)
it would have been better if you had uploaded on dropbox.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
dude, this is cool but to download all the files together i gotta get the premium version :(
If i download one by one then all of the files will be lost in my PC(believe me, it's filled with junk)
it would have been better if you had uploaded on dropbox.

I think these are the same patches that YoY-X was talking about, which seem to be similar to the ones in this thread (but you can also use JDownloader to automatically download multiple MediaFire downloads, which is what I did)

Zankew

(โ–€ฬฟฤนฬฏโ–€ฬฟ ฬฟ)
Years
I think these are the same patches that YoY-X was talking about, which seem to be similar to the ones in this thread (but you can also use JDownloader to automatically download multiple MediaFire downloads, which is what I did)

JDownloader? I will check it out

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 11, 2020
The cave battle bg is buggy when u patched them at once.I believe theres an offsets that shares their palletes/image.

Back