• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Who is your favorite Galar starter?

Favorite Galar starter?

• Grookey

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Sobble

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
Years
I love them all, really, but Grookey wins for me in the end. The whole line is such a fun concept.

Interstingly, I didn't start with Grookey, but Sobble (loved it and never started with a Water-type before). I was very lucky to get a Surprise Traded Grookey mid-game, so I got to play with two starters.

Years
Grookey for me. My favorite Grass type starter since Gen 3 and I happen to love Centiskorch and the wide variety of water types in this game so he had to be my choice.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Sobble for me. I was leaning towards this cutie when I first saw it, and its evolutions didn't disappoint.

Years
Scorbunny / Cinderace for me. Beyond having advantages vs the first gym in the game (when advantages are the most critical as your pool of pokemon is smallest), the fire type starter has the advantage of having the easiest time vs the virtually omnipresent steel and ice types in this generation. Not to mention having a defensive advantage vs Fairy types, having coverage moves effective vs Rock and Dark types, and being very fast and very strong, a great combo if you outlevel your opponent, which most people do during playthroughs in my experience. Plus he has the most powerful signature move, which helps.

Not to menion, bunnies are cute, and fire type starters have always been my preference going all the way back to Red, so it was really a no-contest from the beginning. The fact that I think Cinderace really is the best option is just icing on the cake for me, as I was never going to Not pick the fire type bunny starter.

Years
I love Sobble! However, I dislike its evolutions and I much prefer Scorbunny's evolutionary family. Raboot is my favourite out of all of them.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jan 12, 2021
I actually like all the starters but sobble is my favorite, he's so adorable!
When I first saw the evolution leaks I was a little disappointed because I didn't like drizzile that much but when my sobble evolved into it he was so cute!
Now he's an Inteleon and always shoves his face into the camera whenever I camp.

Back