• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
FSF doesnt work...

When i open it, my virus program (SHAWSECURE) says its a virus, but i kno for a fact its not one. is there any other program that does the same thing? or is there a way to fix this problem? thanks

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Still not answered!

1. How can you edit the ??? types strengths and weaknesses (Type Strenght/weakness editors won't allow it)?

2. How can you add new attacks without deleting old ones?

3. How can yo insert completely new attacks and new attack graphics?

4. I heard thethethethe had posted a ips and ini file to add more Pokemon slots to a gba ROM to add d/p Pokemon. Where can these be found?

Could someone please answers this soon. I posted a while a go and no one has gotten back to me.

Last edited:

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
Is there anyway to change the eyecatches in Fire Red to correspond with the time of the day? This is what I am talking about:

HGSS_Ilex_Forest-Day.png

HGSS_Ilex_Forest-Evening.png

HGSS_Ilex_Forest-Night.png

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Could someone please help answer these 2 questions?

1. In Advanced Map, if you want a trainer-battle to occur "when the trainer sees the player", you put $01 in the Trainer box under Events. Correct?
Should it matter what number you put there?

2. I used the 25 "extra" spaces in the Pokedex. The sprites showed correctly when another trainer uses the custom sprites. However, after the battle, I don't see the custom pokemon under "seen" in the Pokedex.
If I leave everything as is, the game shouldn't crash when accessing the pokedex, Correct?

Thanks!

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
I have some simple questions here:

1.[SCRIPTING] What is the Command if you talk to a Person or an event Happen...After that Event the Person you have talk will disappear and will go in another place?

2.[SCRIPTING] Is the Puzzle Like in the 3 Regi's Cave is ASM?(The one when you will use Dig at the Cave,Fly in the middle,Use Strength)If it is Scripting what is the Command?

3.In Advance Map when i put 7-8 persons..When i Play in the ROM it only show 3 or 4 Person...How could i Show all the Sprite?

Thank you!

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
1.[SCRIPTING] What is the Command if you talk to a Person or an event Happen...After that Event the Person you have talk will disappear and will go in another place?
There isn't one single command.

You need two persons, one on each map. Both need to have a "Person ID" that is unused; that ID corresponds to a script flag. To hide one and show another, you'd use hidesprite [Person event no] on the first one (to make it leave), and then clearflag [Person ID] on the other (to make it visible).

The general principle is that if a Person event has a Person ID of, say, 300, then setflag 300 will hide them and clearflag 300 will show them. Just remember not to use reserved flags (0x500 - 0x800 are trainer flags, and things above 0x800 are variously used for field moves, badges, enabling menus, etc.).

3.In Advance Map when i put 7-8 persons..When i Play in the ROM it only show 3 or 4 Person...How could i Show all the Sprite?
What values did you set on the Person events?

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
There isn't one single command.

You need two persons, one on each map. Both need to have a "Person ID" that is unused; that ID corresponds to a script flag. To hide one and show another, you'd use hidesprite [Person event no] on the first one (to make it leave), and then clearflag [Person ID] on the other (to make it visible).

The general principle is that if a Person event has a Person ID of, say, 300, then setflag 300 will hide them and clearflag 300 will show them. Just remember not to use reserved flags (0x500 - 0x800 are trainer flags, and things above 0x800 are variously used for field moves, badges, enabling menus, etc.).

Uhmmmmmmmmmmmm....Values?

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Could someone please help answer these 2 questions?

1. In Advanced Map, if you want a trainer-battle to occur "when the trainer sees the player", you put $01 in the Trainer box under Events. Correct?
Should it matter what number you put there?

2. I used the 25 "extra" spaces in the Pokedex. The sprites showed correctly when another trainer uses the custom sprites. However, after the battle, I don't see the custom pokemon under "seen" in the Pokedex.
If I leave everything as is, the game shouldn't crash when accessing the pokedex, Correct?

Thanks!

1. Huh? The only trainer box I see on A-Map is one that can be either ticked or left empty, and not a box with values. Unless you're referring to the 'radius' box, which I doubt.
  2. Theoretically, the game would crash at the very moment you see the custom sprites from the 25 '???' slots. So I guess you're lucky it worked out for you so far. The game crashed every time I tested such methods, though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Huh? The only trainer box I see on A-Map is one that can be either ticked or left empty, and not a box with values. Unless you're referring to the 'radius' box, which I doubt.
I'm in AMap 1.95 and "Trainer" is a byte textfield. Which is good since some event-specific OWs (namely, boulders in Victory Road and Seafoam Islands) use odd values for them, i.e. $42.

Theoretically, the game would crash at the very moment you see the custom sprites from the 25 '???' slots. So I guess you're lucky it worked out for you so far. The game crashed every time I tested such methods, though.
Eh? I've heard of people using the "?" Pokemon without problems.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I'm in AMap 1.95 and "Trainer" is a byte textfield. Which is good since some event-specific OWs (namely, boulders in Victory Road and Seafoam Islands) use odd values for them, i.e. $42.[/FONT]
But I still don't see these bytes...I only see that box. I have 1.92 but what's the difference?

Eh? I've heard of people using the "?" Pokemon without problems.
Well that's because these errors don't occur to everyone.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
But I still don't see these bytes...I only see that box. I have 1.92 but what's the difference?
I'd check, but opening a different version of AMap would nuke my settings.

When you say "box", you're referring to a checkbox rather than a textbox, yes? I'd assume that the only difference is that the checkbox represents two values ($00 and $01), while the textbox can display and save any value (not that we know what an abnormal value actually does).

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I'd check, but opening a different version of AMap would nuke my settings.

When you say "box", you're referring to a checkbox rather than a textbox, yes? I'd assume that the only difference is that the checkbox represents two values ($00 and $01), while the textbox can display and save any value (not that we know what an abnormal value actually does).
In that case, $01 means 'trainer' and $00 'no trainer', correct? Yes, I meant a checkbox.

By the way:

I remember from somewhere that when an Overworld is initially placed on an impassable block, it's not shown ingame. I have to confirm that, though, but that's what I recall. Maybe that's what causing the disappearance.

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
Finally I found Follow Me description at 003BF8B5 but Nasty Plot has longer description... How to repoint that text to write longer description? Where is the pointer for that attack? Can somebody make program that allows to change description with repoint option?
There is screen from Thingy32:
followmedescription.png

Please help me!

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I have some simple questions here:

2.[SCRIPTING] Is the Puzzle Like in the 3 Regi's Cave is ASM?(The one when you will use Dig at the Cave,Fly in the middle,Use Strength)If it is Scripting what is the Command?

Thank you!

1. As DavidJCobb said, there's no single command on this, rather a series of commands. since you didn't get what he meant, follow a scripting tutorial such as this.
  2. no, it's not ASM. It's level scripts combined with a normal script. To view the commands in detail, you just have to browse the level scripts on that specific map that has a regi pokemon inside.
  3. But you still haven't clarified what we said above, so we can't help you if you don't post a screenshot of these overworlds on A-Map.

and another one is how could make an Earthquake Stop...What var should i Use,,,,...??
The special for the earthquake is 0x136. Prior to that, you include these variables and set values to them in order to specify your preferences on that earthquake: 0x8004 to 0x8007 and 0x? as value.

Where the '?' stands is your number. You can put a number from 0 to F and adjust the earthquake. Finally, add a pause. The part of the script that causes the earthquake to start and then stop would look like this:

Code:
setvar 0x8004 0x?
setvar 0x8005 0x?
setvar 0x8006 0x?
setvar 0x8007 0x?
special 0x136
pause 0x??

Years
I'm trying to insert new pokemon sprite into a emerald rom using Poke Editor Pro and unlz-GBA. I have successfully inserted the front and back sprite into the rom using unlz-GBA, but when I'm using Poke Editor Pro to put the offset into it, the front sprite isn't showing correctly, with the back sprite showing correctly. Then I try swapping the offsets of the front and back sprite, now the new front sprite (i.e. the old back sprite) can't be shown.
I've checked that both sprites have been inserted into the rom with no errors. So it should be the problem of Poke Edito pro. How can I fix it? Is there any alternative to put the front sprite offset into the pokemon?

a.png

I try setting the same offset for both the front and back sprite...

b.png

and the outcome...the front sprite isn't showing...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back