• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I'm thinking Oorotto will be Grass/Ghost. It seems like a petrifying tree, rather than a petrified tree. I don't think it will have any relation to Sudowoodo, it just seems too evil (based on the drawings anyways). Also, Sudowoodo isn't the only tree Pokémon, there's Exeggutor.

Years
The whole idea of Gen 6 so far has been originality, so I guess with Grass/Ghost being a new combination it's more likely that's what we'll see. Then again, that also means we've got two inanimate objects being possessed by spirits..

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Hi there guys, just like the guy from earlier, I been following for a while and have FINALLY joined in. Hi everyone!

Well as for Sudowoodo evolving. It needs to happen. Its so.....inevitable.
However I VASTLY doubt doubt that Orrotto (or whatever it shall be known as) will be a Sudowoodo evo. Too different and too grass-like.

I vote Fairy/Grass but it will most likely be Grass/Ghost. Grass/Dark has been done and they are clearly going for "new" this generation.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
To be honest I think shodowoodo needs a evolution tho, it really inst to strong
Oh man I would love this. He's a Pokémon I've always wanted to be given a power boost simply because at the moment he can do, well, pretty much nothing lmao. But I can't help but feel they'd turn him into some huge fat bulky mess like Lickilicky/Probopass, so maybe he'd be better off staying the same for now :p

Years
I'm still not sure how to "reply" to people on here but @Fairy_Master I'm glad I wasn't the only one!
@JayTheKing I thought that would be the case as well but apparently not. I kinda would've prefered if it did replace the bike, but I mean it doesn't really matter I guess.

Years
I'm still not sure how to "reply" to people on here but @Fairy_Master I'm glad I wasn't the only one!
@JayTheKing I thought that would be the case as well but apparently not. I kinda would've prefered if it did replace the bike, but I mean it doesn't really matter I guess.
They could have both like they did with the two diffrent types of bikes. So they might have both because they might do diffrent things..

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years

To reply to people, just hit the Quote button at the bottom of their post (or if you want to quote multiple people like in this post, just hit Multiquote so that it says On instead of Off, do it for whoever you want, then hit Post Reply at the bottom of the page c:

They could have both like they did with the two diffrent types of bikes. So they might have both because they might do diffrent things..

I'd like to be able to switch between Rollerskates and a Bike. I feel like the Rollerskates could easily be like the Acro Bike from Gen III, while leaving the normal Bike as itself/similar to the Mach Bike. Would be a cool way to handle it!

Years
I kind of always felt like the bikes were more or less an outdated way of traveling, so why not just ditch it altogether and go with the skates? ._.; I mean, this is just my opinion, but I feel that it's kind of....pointless to have both a bike and the skates? I suppose it's fine for those who want to stick with the bike, but still...
My thoughts exactly! It looks like the player runs automatically, they introduced skates and riding Pokemon. Bikes really don't seem needed...
To reply to people, just hit the Quote button at the bottom of their post (or if you want to quote multiple people like in this post, just hit Multiquote so that it says On instead of Off, do it for whoever you want, then hit Post Reply at the bottom of the page c:

I'd like to be able to switch between Rollerskates and a Bike. I feel like the Rollerskates could easily be like the Acro Bike from Gen III, while leaving the normal Bike as itself/similar to the Mach Bike. Would be a cool way to handle it!

I hope this works.. And thank you!

That could be it, but switching right from the roller skates to the bike seems kind of weird..oh maybe they made the option of pressing an on and off button on the bottom screen, like heartgold and soul silver, only you have to turn off the roller skates before you ride the bike?

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Is there any confirmation about how many pokemon will be in the game? The best I found is a youtube video title 'Pokemon X & Pokemon Y - Gameplay Analysis' (can't link yet) where they claim:

The Pokemon company president recently confirmed that the game will have around 700 Pokemon total.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
@Jerricko no way is there going to be 700 new pokes(if that what u mean), for new pokes it will be the stay some where around 150 new pokes as they always do, then of course after u beat the game then u start getting the older gen pokes

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I think having the option of skates or a bike would be nice, so I hope it's not something where you HAVE to use either in certain places. Skates are new and fun, so I hope they're always an option, but perhaps they won't work in grass/sand/snow etc?

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Hasn't anyone notice it? Maybe the Roller skates are this generations version of the "Running Shoes"
So Bikes would be MUCH faster.
I mean YES they show the character running in some early screenshots but, thats exactly it. It was early. They could have easily implemented the skates after.

Oh and thanks Salt-the-Sloth. I am glad I am not the only new one here.
We can all be great friends! Cx

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
It's quite possible that it could be this generation's versions of the running shoes, but to me, I feel like customizable skates would be much more efficient. Knock out two birds with one stone by adjusting the speed of the skates, eliminating the need for bikes. o.o;

Thats true. It just wont happen. The bike has been a staple in the games since Gen I
Though I do wish we were able to customize our bikes and skates as well. I mean.....I would love a pink bike to match my Sylveon! lol

The end result will most likely be like similar to the Mach/Acro bikes. The bike will probably used for speed and the skates for tricks and things to reach certain points in the game.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
@Jerricko no way is there going to be 700 new pokes(if that what u mean), for new pokes it will be the stay some where around 150 new pokes as they always do, then of course after u beat the game then u start getting the older gen pokes

I actually meant all pokes, from Bulbasaur to who ever will be the last one in the pokedex; who is Genesect at the moment at number 649. It makes somewhat sense to include the vast majority of old pokes because of the transition to 3D, meaning many would need new models but can they really fit that many on the device?

Years
I think having the option of skates or a bike would be nice, so I hope it's not something where you HAVE to use either in certain places. Skates are new and fun, so I hope they're always an option, but perhaps they won't work in grass/sand/snow etc?

Haha I was just about to say, I've tried skating on grass, it doesn't work. And all the footage we've seen of the roller skates have been on pavements/cities, so maybe we can't use bikes inside of cities and towns and so the roller skates are a sub? And maybe you can't wear roller skates outside of cities, because if you remember on the trailer whenever the trainer was on a route they would be running. This could be to show you can still run and not always be on skates, or because they were at an earlier route before getting the skates, but who knows..

Ohh I also remember someone saying in the opening intro the the game (at e3, no footage yet :( ) the player was grinding on rails. I've never tried grinding with skates, but just maybe we need the skates to reach hidden places?

@Fairy_Master Here, here! :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Ohh I also remember someone saying in the opening intro the the game (at e3, no footage yet :( ) the player was grinding on rails. I've never tried grinding with skates, but just maybe we need the skates to reach hidden places?

@Fairy_Master Here, here! :)

I wish we were able to see that vid. I have been searching high and low for it. Anyone happen to know where to find it? Along with the Orotto video lol. If GF needs any help designing new pokemon, I would gladly give my input. I have a few Fairy/Bug and Dark/Fairy types.

I just seriously hope they release the starter evos already. I just dont want them to do to Fennekin, what they did to mudkip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back