• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
I just beat it xD Is there anything else left?
By the way, my highest level is 68 (Charizard) :D
I just kept using revives and full restores.

Haha! congrats pal. now you can make a trip around zhery and lauren to battle steve,cynthia and the male hero from b/w (don't remember his name) or catch legendaries otherwise your done with it

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2018
Great hack, I had fun playing it, untill the league. Scared by the high levels :)

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
A 1.2 update is coming!

It will have:

- Working wild encounters in Mt. Draken and Mt. Winter (but I'll leave the Gible and Bagon in Mt. Shuem, because dragons are nice)
- Healing script in Yellow Town.
- Correct Pokedex entries for Gen 4 and 5 pokemon (maybe, I don't even think the 27 extra Pokemon can have entries).

I should be able to make dex entries for everything but Virizion, Reshiram, the Unova dragons, and the Unova and Sinnoh starters.

EDIT: Emboar no longer evolves into Scolipede! Other evolution problems that may or may have shown up in-game with Sinnoh/Unova starters and Unova dragons have also been fixed!

Last edited:

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
Years
Haha! congrats pal. now you can make a trip around zhery and lauren to battle steve,cynthia and the male hero from b/w (don't remember his name) or catch legendaries otherwise your done with it

Seems legit xd
I'll try finishing the pokedex ^^

Years
When I finish Flora Sky I plan on playing Snakebyte's Light Platinum updated translation to see the changes. Also the X version will be continued in August. It should take 19 days, 16 for each gym leader, two for the Zhery and Lauren Leagues and one for the World Tournament. Then in September I'll beta test it which should take a week. I don't know when it will be released, but I will take my time and try not to rush things.

Years
Will anything be done for keeping the people from being able to cross the water in the boat before getting their second badge, since if you don't get that badge your going to be stuck at Mt. Shuem?

Years
Looks like you have really gave your heart and soul to the translation thanx to Sarcasm prince.. By looking at your update, I need to tweak my walkthrough quite a lot. But its OK and good to see the fixed errors. As for my walkthrough its near Zhery's Elite Four.

By the way what will be edited or changed more. I need to know because of my walkthrough.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
uh hey guys where do you get the old rod in light platinum cuz i thought that feebas evolved through max happiness in this game but then when i looked this up i realized it evolved via the water stone so i missed that chance so can u tell me where the old rod is so i can catch another

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
When I finish Flora Sky I plan on playing Snakebyte's Light Platinum updated translation to see the changes. Also the X version will be continued in August. It should take 19 days, 16 for each gym leader, two for the Zhery and Lauren Leagues and one for the World Tournament. Then in September I'll beta test it which should take a week. I don't know when it will be released, but I will take my time and try not to rush things.

So LP X will be a harder version of the game? LP's sudden difficulty drop after the 3rd gym was one of the game's worst flaws. Another thing, just to make sure, will LP X also have the updated translation? LP's ordinary English translation was sort of bland and felt like it was rushed.

Years
So LP X will be a harder version of the game? LP's sudden difficulty drop after the 3rd gym was one of the game's worst flaws. Another thing, just to make sure, will LP X also have the updated translation? LP's ordinary English translation was sort of bland and felt like it was rushed.
Well Snakey has tried hard to fix errors and on translation. I don't think anyne has complains left...

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2012
I played Light Platinum before, and I am just wondering if Swinub can evolve into Mamoswine. Sorry if this has already been posted, but in my last play of the game, it didn't.

Back