• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Rebalanced (Demo, 5 Badges & Pokemon Tower)

Which city should the SS Anne head to after you beat Surge?

• Olivine City

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Mossdeep City

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Snowpoint City

• Driftveil City

• Total voters

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
Here bumps the thread. ;)

I have to host the download link offsite for another place I have a thread for this. Reddit makes that easy.

Okay, I subscribed and will likely just keep up with things there in the future. In the meantime, SHIFT battle style doesn't seem to work for me in this version. The game still says "a pokemon" instead of the actual pokemon the trainer sends out (love that btw), but I do not have the option to actually switch.

Edit: Not sure if this is something you can do anything about, but Brock's Zubat (Fang) has occasionally used Leech Life against my Squirtle even though it has Absorb. Sounds more typical of a wild pokemon battle.

Edit 2: The Rockets on the way to Mt. Moon (Route 3 I think) all have their OW sprite change after defeating them. There was also a trainer in the Sable City school whose Nidoran had the "sheerforce" text pop up when attacking.

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Okay, I subscribed and will likely just keep up with things there in the future. In the meantime, SHIFT battle style doesn't seem to work for me in this version. The game still says "a pokemon" instead of the actual pokemon the trainer sends out (love that btw), but I do not have the option to actually switch.

Edit: Not sure if this is something you can do anything about, but Brock's Zubat (Fang) has occasionally used Leech Life against my Squirtle even though it has Absorb. Sounds more typical of a wild pokemon battle.

Fixed the shift error. I disabled Illusion but also disable switching lol.

Zubat AI checks out, or rather it should be using that. Leech Life is as powerful as Absorb is SE-wise BP-wise after STAB, but Zubat should have a higher attack. Brock's AI is at the highest level.

UPDATED! Soul Badge Obtainable! Switch battles acting like Set fixed! You need both Demo 1-2.rar AND Battlers.rar. On reddit now!

GaryFreakingOak

Years
Fixed the shift error. I disabled Illusion but also disable switching lol.

Zubat AI checks out, or rather it should be using that. Leech Life is as powerful as Absorb is SE-wise BP-wise after STAB, but Zubat should have a higher attack. Brock's AI is at the highest level.

UPDATED! Soul Badge Obtainable! Switch battles acting like Set fixed! You need both Demo 1-2.rar AND Battlers.rar. On reddit now!

Thanks for fixing the shift error. I feel like I've been seeing a few other examples of questionable trainer behavior, but I'll wait until I properly note them before trying to give any specifics.

Looks like my second edit to my last post was just after you posted. In case you didn't see it: The Rockets on the way to Mt. Moon (Route 3 I think) all have their OW sprite change after defeating them. There was also a trainer in the Sable City school whose Nidoran had the "sheerforce" text pop up when attacking.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Thanks for fixing the shift error. I feel like I've been seeing a few other examples of questionable trainer behavior, but I'll wait until I properly note them before trying to give any specifics.

Looks like my second edit to my last post was just after you posted. In case you didn't see it: The Rockets on the way to Mt. Moon (Route 3 I think) all have their OW sprite change after defeating them. There was also a trainer in the Sable City school whose Nidoran had the "sheerforce" text pop up when attacking.

The Rockets are being sneaky and changing outfits!

Looking into sheerforce. And fixed.

GaryFreakingOak

Years
The Rockets are being sneaky and changing outfits!

Looking into sheerforce. And fixed.

Cool! I wouldn't be surprised if I glanced over that detail, one of the drawbacks to playing on turbo mode (at least for me).

Speaking of, any chance an "insane" text speed could be implemented like in Pokemon Reborn? The text speed is probably the biggest reason I play with the turbo on in the first place.

Also, is there anywhere to see the evolution methods (e.g. trading evolutions) you changed? I looked around a little and didn't see an obvious document/list. Right now I'm wondering how difficult it will be to evolve an Onix :)

Edit: Every time said Onix uses Curse, I get this message:
Spoiler:

Edit 2:
1) Clefairy is normal type

2) Powder Snow is zzzPowder Snow

3) zzzPowder Snow and Punt (and likely others) simply have "beauty" for the move description.

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Cool! I wouldn't be surprised if I glanced over that detail, one of the drawbacks to playing on turbo mode (at least for me).

Speaking of, any chance an "insane" text speed could be implemented like in Pokemon Reborn? The text speed is probably the biggest reason I play with the turbo on in the first place.

Also, is there anywhere to see the evolution methods (e.g. trading evolutions) you changed? I looked around a little and didn't see an obvious document/list. Right now I'm wondering how difficult it will be to evolve an Onix :)

Edit: Every time said Onix uses Curse, I get this message:
Spoiler:

Edit 2:
1) Clefairy is normal type

2) Powder Snow is zzzPowder Snow

3) zzzPowder Snow and Punt (and likely others) simply have "beauty" for the move description.

Error: Thank you.

1) Will fix.

2) Debug name.

3) Old v13 moves that still have their contest type. Have to remove it.

Onix evolves at level 36. They should all evolve around 36-45.

GaryFreakingOak

Years
Error: Thank you.

1) Will fix.

2) Debug name.

3) Old v13 moves that still have their contest type. Have to remove it.

Onix evolves at level 36. They should all evolve around 36-45.

Thanks! Is there any way I could change Clefairy's type on my own for the time being, or is RPG Maker needed?

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Soul Badge obtainable! Five badges done!
To celebrate, let's have a few screens!

jBYYdtd.jpg

First, as part of the rebalance we have some new working abilities! Machamp also has Precision now, making his but not his opponent's moves always hit now. A unnerfed No Guard basicly.

RT9rj93.jpg

Oh crap! Damned Bikers! At least the Zoo looks fine...

LggrYSP.jpg

These Bikers have some decent Pokemon. They're not kidding around.

W7ROyUV.jpg

That could have gone much worse! A nice item here, savable for later... maybe the E4?

7r4fyiD.jpg

At least the Pokemart is safe! The shopkeeper seems to understand we're saving his bacon here too and giving low low prices. (Also note the buffed Potion)

eEq39Jk.jpg

Looks like we need Strength! Good thing it's a worthwhile more now! (Anyone know who was the fist guy to make Strength Rock type?). Also, the place is locked down.

FiLctS1.png

They even got Koga?!?

EKPWAca.jpg

We, of course, save the day.
With a little help sure. But it was all us! :p

ht6lIiE.png

Doing everyone else's work seems to have gotten us some recognition...

GlVHHfi.jpg

And, of course, a hero needs a reward... (That was endurance btw.)

All downloadable and playable off the front page link right now!

Thank you for reading.​

GaryFreakingOak

Years
It wasn't on the Move tutor list. Fixed.

Is this supposed to be fixed in the latest uploaded version? I updated but none of my pokemon appear to be able to learn Mega Punch still.

Also, am I seeing Machamp with access to both a buffed No Guard and Fissure?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Been enjoying the Mt.Moon plot so far. Never would have thought to use Route 3 like that. I also personally like the gym limitation, though no idea if anyone else is bothered by it. Has repel always just decrease chances of running into Pokemon? I thought it just wiped it out completely for x steps.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Is this supposed to be fixed in the latest uploaded version? I updated but none of my pokemon appear to be able to learn Mega Punch still.

Also, am I seeing Machamp with access to both a buffed No Guard and Fissure?

DEMO 1-2 UPDATED.

"Also, am I seeing Machamp with access to both a buffed No Guard and Fissure?"

No, was testing a new ability "Precision." It only make Machamp have perfect accuracy, not his foe. He does not get OHKO moves.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Been enjoying the Mt.Moon plot so far. Never would have thought to use Route 3 like that. I also personally like the gym limitation, though no idea if anyone else is bothered by it. Has repel always just decrease chances of running into Pokemon? I thought it just wiped it out completely for x steps.

If the wild Pokemon is higher level than the lead Pokemon, you get a encounter.

If it's anything else it might be a bug.

GaryFreakingOak

Years
I'll admit, I feel a little annoying posting about Mega Punch again but now my Ledian can learn it from the tutor while my Wartortle cannot. The smallest of issues (especially since I can only teach to one anyways!) but I'd almost feel bad not saying something :3c

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I'll admit, I feel a little annoying posting about Mega Punch again but now my Ledian can learn it from the tutor while my Wartortle cannot. The smallest of issues (especially since I can only teach to one anyways!) but I'd almost feel bad not saying something :3c

Wartortle has terrible attack anyway haha. He learns Water Pulse at 19 though.

But really, he does. Charmander+ can learn mega punch.

Last edited:

GaryFreakingOak

Years
Wartortle has terrible attack anyway haha. He learns Water Pulse at 19 though.

But really, he does. Charmander+ can learn mega punch.

The only reason I even thought about it/knew to check was because I taught Mega Punch to my very first Wartortle in Pokemon Blue when I was 6 :p

I think I used it all the time since it had "mega" in the name, therefore must be very powerful! In reality, not worth teaching a Wartortle though.

By the way, I'm absolutely loving things so far. Other than the things I've pointed out I don't think I have any actual criticisms yet (in Cerulean atm).

Back