gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
20,338 posts
7.5 Years
This is quite a common thing but a lot of people are also completely opposed to it. Do you reuse your RP characters in different RPs later on? Why/why not? Do you have certain rules about what they can be used for if you do?

Miningsilver

Dungeon Explorer

Male
The maze of my mind
Seen February 7th, 2019
Posted January 28th, 2019
42 posts
1.7 Years
Ah, re-using a character for an RP. While I may only be in one RP here, I used to do some roleplaying on this other site long ago. I'll be honest, I did re-use a character, but it was a "sequel" roleplay so that worked, but looking back, I feel like I was kind of cheating at making characters. I essentially just took a character from a game and added personality traits that I liked. So, really, just try and make something new, you'll probably like it much more and it would be more fun for you and others! Just don't be obsessive like I used to be.
♫When you are happy, with laughter to spare. Fun is twice as fun with someone to share.♫
♫When you are lonely, and full of despair. Things aren't half as bad when somebody cares.♫
♫Maybe now you have figured it out.♫
♫That's what bein' a friend is about!♫

Foxrally

Age 21
Male
a Torterra's back
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
2,584 posts
6.6 Years
I don't think I've ever reused a character per se. Sometimes I come up with an idea for a character or power for a RP in my brainstorming process, but never end up joining or using the idea. I've used the idea then in other RPs - Sophia from Gunpowder is a really good example, her powers were original but her personality, name and faceclaim were meant for another RP which I never joined.
Paired to Ice and gimmepie
3DS Friend Code
0103-9972-1307
I make memes and other carcinogens

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a built in nightlight and everything.

Age 29
Male
trapped in Toby Fox's web of influence
Seen December 18th, 2018
Posted October 24th, 2018
672 posts
3.2 Years
Absolutely.
More often than not, this takes the form of taking one of my existing Pokmon characters and placing their profile in a forum SU.
You see, I have a collection of Pokemon characters that I'm very passionate about, but who have only seen the 1-on-1 kind of RP, never the group RP variety.

In one case, I have a character who I have taken from group-RP to group-RP even within PokeCommunity: my Xatu.

In some cases, I make entirely new characters. But whenever I've tried that, the GM has to disappears after a few posts, and then I end up adapting that character I made into the aforementioned list of characters for 1-on-1 RPs, since I can't play it in "group" anymore.

Huge fan of Pokémon-only roleplay!

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
4,963 posts
9.5 Years
I never used the same exact character, I try to change it up, but they always tend to be similar. For example, I usually RP as characters that are good, I have tried being a bad character before, and I just can't do it.

So I don't use the same character, but they always tend to be similar. Besides, most rps I enter usually don't end or get very far, so I tend to grab ideas from those characters because I was never actually able to finish with that character.

PkMnTrainer Yellow

Queen of Magical Girls

Female
East Coast, USA
Seen February 9th, 2019
Posted February 9th, 2019
4,571 posts
11.1 Years
Absolutely! My characters begin as archetypes with certain quirks and a team of pokemon. Their history / bio is always the last thing I do, and so re-using them is quite easy since that's the only thing that 100% almost always needs changing. It'd be a waste not to reuse the character base if the opportunity presents itself.

It's been a long time since we crossed paths over space-time~

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit

Age 23
Male
Ambrette Town, Kalos
Seen September 11th, 2019
Posted June 7th, 2019
2,630 posts
4.2 Years
I wanna say I've only reused a character once (maybe twice but the rp never actually started), but i only did it because i felt those characters fit the rp really well (with slight alterations), otherwise, i create new characters because I've really grown to love character creation

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
33,071 posts
11.9 Years
I re-purpose characters every now and then, but the only ones I've almost straight up re-used have been Aberdeen Montany in some pokémon trainer RPs, and Hilda for a couple of superhero RPs. I'd love to use her again, tbh :)

Isa_theDT

Dragon Tamer

Female
Ecuador
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
74 posts
5.3 Years
Well, not the exact same character, but I made a sort of AU thing a couple of times. One was a Dragonair gijinka whom I later remade as a full Dragonair. She had a different backstory, though. The other one was a Dragonair shifter and I made another character with the same name and similar personality but completely different in other aspects. Except what was funny here was that two of the roleplayers of one roleplay also roleplayed on the other so it was a sort of AU version of all three characters and the relation between them was also similar. But even then, the characters end up different to each other, which I think works well.
Advertiser Content