• 581 replies

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!

Age 23
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
186 posts
7.8 Years
Hmmm... I haven't written extensively about the new additions and ideas in a while. Time to do that then.

As far as progress goes, along with fixing numerous issues, I have finished some of the previously unfinished features such as the berry juicer and the mini-games. The amount of Pokemon in the National Pokedex has been increased to 285, most of the new additions being 7th generation Pokemon (especially the Alolan formes). All of their data is complete--movesets, learnable TMs, stats, etc. All of them also have their proper cries with exception to Zeraora, Meltan, and Melmetal since I don't have them.

So yeah, I feel like I have made good progress overall. Three big events remain:
1) Zygarde-cell quest. This will function similar to Oak's Aides in that you will receive special prizes after collecting certain amounts. I don't think anybody will be disappointed with prizes. I'll also say that nobody is going to be surprised by the final prize.
2) postgame dungeon. I've finished a lot of maps for this dungeon, still have many more to go. I'd like to note that this dungeon will contain the newly added legendaries.
3) new battle facility in Rainbow Island. I'm still drafting the idea as I'm working on the other two events.
*) not as big, but worthy: new rush challenge--Final Rush (yeah yeah I know). This one will be unlocked after completing the postgame dungeon.

I wanted to mention a few ideas I will be scrapping because of their tedium:
1) additional difficulty setting that would ban the player from using items during battle--this would simply be tedious and I would prefer not to be bothered with it. I additionally do not want to diminish the value of having completed the game in chaos already.
2) (maybe) seasons. No, not like Black and White. What I was thinking of doing instead was providing graphical patches corresponding to the different seasons (see this post for a sketch). I'm just not sure whether to go through with this idea.
3) I talked about this one before: EV training mini-games. They just added to the tedium and also seemed pretty impractical to me since nothing really beats normal EV training.

I feel like I had more to say, but such escapes me at the moment, perhaps due to feeling a little tired. Let me know what y'all think plz
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
65 posts
279 Days
The remaining events sounds exciting. As for the scrapped ideas, I'm perfectly fine with them. I normally play through pokemon games now without using items during battles, things like that where it can be player-controlled without having it be a setting in the game is good for me. I'm not fussed with seasons, but the optional patches is probably a good compromise. I certainly wouldn't spend much time on EV-training mini-games, I'd rather EV-training spots with trainers that have mons that offer their respective EVs.

Burtle

Discord: Burtle#6904

Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
29 posts
32 Days
this hack is awesome! super excited for the battle facility improvement update! aren't you adding gen 7 pokemon, too? if so, right on!
also I love how legendaries are implemented in wormholes
i wish new maps could be added, but I know that isn't possible because I've tried
well it's possible, but they can't have new map names
i think what you did was the best possible method
anyway, thanks for this awesome hack

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!

Age 23
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
186 posts
7.8 Years
I think I said I earlier I would probably make a release sometime in the summer... I fear it might be too late for that. this is why hackers don't provide potential release times, but let's try Winter 2019 now.
To be frank, however, the pace at which I was working on KB was really, really good until the last time I responded, but then I got carried away big time with other things. I still want to make a release soon since I also want to start fooling around more with pokeemerald and another side project/experiment.

Last time I worked on KB, I was mainly dealing with the Ex Dungeon areas.

*The name will stay if I decide to proceed with a not very much brooded over idea to giving the new area a bit of history.

Hello Mystery Man,

I have a question : Is there all the forms of Pumpkaboo, Flabébé, Deerling and Vivillon in the game ?

Thanks for this incredible hack-rom, it's wonderfull !
Yes to all except for Vivillon. :3
Thank you!

this hack is awesome! super excited for the battle facility improvement update! aren't you adding gen 7 pokemon, too? if so, right on!
also I love how legendaries are implemented in wormholes
i wish new maps could be added, but I know that isn't possible because I've tried
well it's possible, but they can't have new map names
i think what you did was the best possible method
anyway, thanks for this awesome hack
Yeah, I added a good fraction of them to make the new areas feel more unique.
Map names should be expandable like most things, I think, but I haven't really looked into doing that very much due laziness, though for the new areas, I might just have to. I just hope it is not crazy convoluted.

Does anyone know where I can get a pawniard?
You should be able to find them in Cinnabar Mansion, if I am recalling correctly.
Advertiser Content