• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I was wondering how to give the player the Pokemon Menu and Pokedex in Pokescript, when hacking Emerald Version. I think it's done through flags and I know how to do it in Fire Red or Leaf Green. Does anyone know what flags they are?

I think XSE has a list of flags in one of the header files in that came with it. Not completely sure if that flag is listed there, but it is a good shot. Also, the best way to find stuff like this is to go to the script which gives you them and take a look at it. Both of these flags will be in the 800s.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Sorry if this has already been asked before, but how do you change what Fossils turn into in Pokemon Fire Red?

I believe this is very easy. Open up the script of the scientist at Cinnabar. Then go to where it says givepokemon 0x.... then change what pokemon he gives. However, if it isn't that simple, well.. just try it first.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey everyone! Does anybody know how to edit this, the icon of the player's head?
Pokemon-FireRedVersionUV10_zpsa88a255b.png

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Its a UNLZ-GBA image, thats located somewhere around 100 near the worldmap..

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I really want to play Pokemon Expert Emerald on my Android phone. However, the app is only ablr to run .zip and .gba files. Is someone so kind enough to send me a .zip or .gba file of the latest beta version of Expert Emerald or just a download link?? 
Thanks!

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
I really want to play Pokemon Expert Emerald on my Android phone. However, the app is only ablr to run .zip and .gba files. Is someone so kind enough to send me a .zip or .gba file of the latest beta version of Expert Emerald or just a download link?? 
Thanks!

I don't think we're allowed to. Just patch it on your computer and send it to your phone.

Question of my own: In FR, I know the Kanto world map is located in UNLZ at around 190, but where are the Sevii Islands' world maps?
Any of the three maps will do.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey there! Another question how about this:
Pokemon-FireRedVersionUV10_zps34bdc435.png

How do I edit it? I tried 2013 in Unlz gba and it looked like that but when I edited it, it remain unchanged. I guess that number isn't right. Do you know the right offset?

Years
I don't think we're allowed to. Just patch it on your computer and send it to your phone.

Question of my own: In FR, I know the Kanto world map is located in UNLZ at around 190, but where are the Sevii Islands' world maps?
Any of the three maps will do.

The Sevii Islands worldmap uses the same tileset as the Kanto tileset, however it uses a different tilemap, located at 0x83F0354 in a BPRE ROM.

On that note, I replaced my Sevii Islands world map with a new one (Hoenn), and it looks perfect in Advance Map, but in-game...

mWTj1Ux.png

Does anyone know what the cause of this is? I have a gut instinct it might be because of too many tiles, but I really can't be sure.

Also, on a slightly less severe note, the worldmap I replaced Kanto with appears to have some transparent tiles in the bottom right corner that seem to appear regardless of the tiles there in the actual tilemap, and this glitch shows up both ingame and in Advance Map.

1OdJ8eo.png

I was never good at worldmap-making, haha.

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
I don't know a thing about worldmaps, sorry :P

But my question is: Is there a way to remove the colours for different genders in Firered? I don't want all men to speak in blue and women to speak in red by default..

Thanks in advance :)
Reygok

karatekid552

Years
I don't know a thing about worldmaps, sorry :P

But my question is: Is there a way to remove the colours for different genders in Firered? I don't want all men to speak in blue and women to speak in red by default..

Thanks in advance :)
Reygok

I don't do too much FireRed hacking, but I believe the colors are set using a command before the text or during the text. So, easasing all of these could be quite tedious. I would, personally, edit the palette used for text and change them all to black. This would prevent other colors from being used in the future, though.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Hello everybody, this is my problem.

So, I'm doing a hack on FireRed and the thing is:
-I have added some pokémon on the free 25 spaces the game has (Magnezone, Gallade, Probopass, Roserade... mostly evolutions.)
-I added evo stones for the ones that need it (currently Shiny, Dusk and Dawn)
-the thing is, when i use the stones...
Pokemon%20Fire%20Red%20FullDex%20-%20DPpatch_01.png

(This is an example with Magneton who has to use a Thundestone to evolve.)

Pokemon%20Fire%20Red%20FullDex%20-%20DPpatch_02.png

this is the problem:
Pokemon%20Fire%20Red%20FullDex%20-%20DPpatch_03.png

this "Huh?" appears and nothing happens, instead it takes me back to the item bag.
This Happened with all 22 pokes on the free slots.

But when I use my Oval Stone on happiny...
Spoiler:

Is this because Magnezone was placed in one of the 25 free slots, because Magnemite and Magneton were untouched on their slots?
Was Happiny unaffected because it replaces another pokemon(Spinda, I think) and it's evolution(Chansey) was left untouched on it's slot?

Other info:
-ALL the stones(even the ones I created) work fine. Tested them on other pokes. The problem is on the ones placed on the free slots
-Level evolutions DO work (Aipom->Ambipom, Tamgela->Tangrowth, etc, etc...)

Thanks in advance for any advice i can get to make this work.

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Hello everybody, this is my problem.

So, I'm doing a hack on FireRed and the thing is:
-I have added some pokémon on the free 25 spaces the game has (Magnezone, Gallade, Probopass, Roserade... mostly evolutions.)
-I added evo stones for the ones that need it (currently Shiny, Dusk and Dawn)
-the thing is, when i use the stones...
Pokemon%20Fire%20Red%20FullDex%20-%20DPpatch_01.png

(This is an example with Magneton who has to use a Thundestone to evolve.)

Pokemon%20Fire%20Red%20FullDex%20-%20DPpatch_02.png

this is the problem:
Pokemon%20Fire%20Red%20FullDex%20-%20DPpatch_03.png

this "Huh?" appears and nothing happens, instead it takes me back to the item bag.
This Happened with all 22 pokes on the free slots.

But when I use my Oval Stone on happiny...
Spoiler:

Is this because Magnezone was placed in one of the 25 free slots, because Magnemite and Magneton were untouched on their slots?
Was Happiny unaffected because it replaces another pokemon(Spinda, I think) and it's evolution(Chansey) was left untouched on it's slot?

Other info:
-ALL the stones(even the ones I created) work fine. Tested them on other pokes. The problem is on the ones placed on the free slots
-Level evolutions DO work (Aipom->Ambipom, Tamgela->Tangrowth, etc, etc...)

Thanks in advance for any advice i can get to make this work.

Sounds to me that those 25 slots count as Pokemon that aren't in Kanto. I.e You need the National Dex to evolve them. Try giving the national dex before using the stones and see if everything works.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Sounds to me that those 25 slots count as Pokemon that aren't in Kanto. I.e You need the National Dex to evolve them. Try giving the national dex before using the stones and see if everything works.

I thought that, but then Chansey evolved.
Also this only happens with Stone-induced evolutions.
As I said earlier on the post, Aipom and Tangela level-evolved. Ambipom and Tangrowth were inserted on the free slots.

EDIT: You were right bro. I didn't had the NationalDex while these tests. Now that i got it, all the stone evolutions to pokes on the free slots do work.

Thank You!

Last edited:

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Does anyone know why there are 3 warps at a door entrance? You only ever seem to use one of them.

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
I used the Pokémon Editor in 0xRH's Pokémon Game Editor to add new attacks to a Pokémon I created and put in the Slot after Celebi. I took a 1000 byte big free offset, and added 11 new moves.
In-game, it worked fine, my pokémon learned what I hat intended. But yesterday, after a few days of mapping and scripting, it reached level 7 after a battle, and the game froze.

So I headed over to the Pokémon editor and -WTF- it now has like, 200 moves, but they are all glitchy, have weird symbols as names and are learned at level 107 and 0 and 200...

Has anybody had this problem before?

Years
So I'm using this thread to edit the type-effectiveness chart in FR. I need more room than it has, so I'm trying to repoint it, which I have virtually no experience doing.

So I turned the offset 24F050 (the beginning of the chart) into a pointer-> 50F02408 (right?)
I then searched this pointer to replace it with my new pointer for the type chart...but it doesn't exist in the ROM...am I missing something?

karatekid552

Years
I used the Pokémon Editor in 0xRH's Pokémon Game Editor to add new attacks to a Pokémon I created and put in the Slot after Celebi. I took a 1000 byte big free offset, and added 11 new moves.
In-game, it worked fine, my pokémon learned what I hat intended. But yesterday, after a few days of mapping and scripting, it reached level 7 after a battle, and the game froze.

So I headed over to the Pokémon editor and -WTF- it now has like, 200 moves, but they are all glitchy, have weird symbols as names and are learned at level 107 and 0 and 200...

Has anybody had this problem before?

Did you, by any chance, open the rom with YAPE?

If you didn't, then my guess is that the area right after you placed the moves was filled with data from maps and scripts. The game then tried to read these as moves.

So I'm using this thread to edit the type-effectiveness chart in FR. I need more room than it has, so I'm trying to repoint it, which I have virtually no experience doing.

So I turned the offset 24F050 (the beginning of the chart) into a pointer-> 50F02408 (right?)
I then searched this pointer to replace it with my new pointer for the type chart...but it doesn't exist in the ROM...am I missing something?

That would be the correct pointer, if you are using HxD, your most likely mistake is not checking the "search all" button in the Find window. I forget to do it all the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back