• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Ads

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I know I have posted this before, but is there a way to remove the ads at the top of my thingy up there?
"Top of my thingy up there" isn't very descriptive. Mind posting a screenshot? :)

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
How exactly do I do that?

On Google Chrome, you can find Ad Blocker, and Ad Blocker Plus on the Chrome Store.
I find it's best to use both, just to rid yourself of any unwanted ads, and pop ups.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
You can use AdBlocker. You won't really be doing this site a service if you do though... Ad income keep us running. Instead, you could donate a small sum and become a Community Supporter, after which you'll have the option to turn off all ads completely.

It's up to you, of course, in what way you want to support a website you enjoy :)

https://www.pokecommunity.com/donations/

Last edited:

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
On that note, is there a way Admins (or whoever facilitates this) can choose the type of ads are posted on the site and/or forum to make them more relevant to the target demographic?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
On that note, is there a way Admins (or whoever facilitates this) can choose the type of ads are posted on the site and/or forum to make them more relevant to the target demographic?
We'll have a chat with the server owners and see! The staff team here, pink admins included, are all unpaid volunteers who don't pay the server bill and community costs - the server owners do that, and as such they decide what ad services are used to fund this. We can suggest things of course, like you just did :) I'll see what I can do.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I might try the ad blocker and I am already a supporter, but talking to the uppers woudl be great too.

If you're using the UI Beta, you can go here and pick which advertisements you'd like to see. Keep in mind that these changes only effect the new UI.

Last edited:
Back