• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Does anyone know where I can get some DPP city tiles for GBA? I'm too lazy to do it myself

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Emerald. It worked the first time i did it, than it just stopped.

Spoiler:
1. Try this.

Spoiler:

2. Learn scripting. If you want to do a basic hack, then yeah, you can get by with the help of others... But if you want to make anything advanced, or truly different, then you'll need to know how to do things on your own. If you have to wait on people to help you for every little script, your hack'll never get done. :\

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2011
I am making my own hack but have a huge problem with it, it works fine, i have edited the maps, the sprites, the text (marts, pokémons, starters, gymleaders and much much more) ... when im testing the game, playing it on my emulator, it works fine! But through half of the game, at route 8 when entering a house and then going back to route 8 the game suddenly becomes black and you can't see a thing! Anyone want to help me out? explaining what to do ? or maybe fix it for me (i'll send romfile and save file )...

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I am making my own hack but have a huge problem with it, it works fine, i have edited the maps, the sprites, the text (marts, pokémons, starters, gymleaders and much much more) ... when im testing the game, playing it on my emulator, it works fine! But through half of the game, at route 8 when entering a house and then going back to route 8 the game suddenly becomes black and you can't see a thing! Anyone want to help me out? explaining what to do ? or maybe fix it for me (i'll send romfile and save file )...
Distributing ROMs is against the rules here, though patches are allowed.

When you say "through half of the game", what do you mean? What does the player specifically have to do before the glitch can occur?

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Thunderbolts animation

hi guys i have been having a lot of trouble with thunder bolt as i cant seem to edit its attack animation in pokemon leaf green. I found thunderbolt's electric sphere graphics in unlz.gba (there are 2, 489 and 440) Iedited all the graphics and reinsterted them but when i got to see the results they have not changed in the game, even when i reopen the game in unlz.gba it shows the graphics have changed but the game itself is showing the old graphics. Why is thunderbolt the only attack animation i am having trouble with?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
hi guys i have been having a lot of trouble with thunder bolt as i cant seem to edit its attack animation in pokemon leaf green. I found thunderbolt's electric sphere graphics in unlz.gba (there are 2, 489 and 440) Iedited all the graphics and reinsterted them but when i got to see the results they have not changed in the game, even when i reopen the game in unlz.gba it shows the graphics have changed but the game itself is showing the old graphics. Why is thunderbolt the only attack animation i am having trouble with?
A lot of things could have happened. First of all, did you click Write to ROM after you imported? Write to ROM is pretty much uNLZ's save button. Otherwise, you may have accidentally edited a move other than Thunderbolt. If it's neither of those, you probably just have a bad ROM.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
i did click write to rom and how can it be i have a bad rom? I have been hacking this rom for months now and have sucessfully edited attack animations before so i dont think this rom is bad. Does thunderbolt have a different rom address then the one unlz is reading?

UPDATE: I re-downloaded a fire red rom and tried the same thing and still the new graphics wont show on the game. My guess is unlz gba really is reading a wrong address because this fire red rom is clean

Last edited:

Tsukimaru

Double battles veteran
Years
I am looking forward to make a B/W recolor of the pokemon. since dont like some shiny pokemons` colors, I decided to re-color some pokemon.

However, i wasn`t expecting that B/W version had such a few tools, and many of them useless for my purpose :/

If someone could send me a link, tutorial, or anything that can help my cause, I would thnk a lot.

-----this is an example of what I am attempting to do----
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/shinyscizor.png/

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2011
Hello everyone,

I have a rather minor problem, but one that keeps bugging me nonetheless. (And it has probably been answered a thousand times over already, though my search didn't give me any results of the like.)
When I insert a new OW in a map, say Alabastia, using AM and then load the game in VBA the OW is nowhere to be found. He is still on the map in AM, but ingame he is just gone. Any ideas why that is? Someone in another forum suggested deleting all the map scripts in the header, but the problem is still there. I am at a bit of a loss here.

Thrasher24

~Legendary Master~
Years
1. ...

2. Learn scripting. If you want to do a basic hack, then yeah, you can get by with the help of others... But if you want to make anything advanced, or truly different, then you'll need to know how to do things on your own. If you have to wait on people to help you for every little script, your hack'll never get done. :\

still didnt work ..... :\

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2011
Hi im new here, and i hope my english is good enough to understand.

I have a Question about Advanced Map (version 1.9.5). I searched Google and this Forum for 2 Days but i dont find an answer.

After editing wild pokemon data for an new map i saved and thenceforth every time i open this map in advance map it says : AdvanceMapError(5): The value at $FFFFFFFF is not a Pointer!

And every time i leave this map and switch to anther one it ask to save the wild Pokemon data.

Thank you in advance before

greetz from Germany

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Hi im new here, and i hope my english is good enough to understand.

I have a Question about Advanced Map (version 1.9.5). I searched Google and this Forum for 2 Days but i dont find an answer.

After editing wild pokemon data for an new map i saved and thenceforth every time i open this map in advance map it says : AdvanceMapError(5): The value at $FFFFFFFF is not a Pointer!

And every time i leave this map and switch to anther one it ask to save the wild Pokemon data.

Thank you in advance before

greetz from Germany
This has happened to me quite a lot, I'm not sure what causes it - probably messing up the wild Pokemon data, but I don't know exactly - but I don't think there's a way to fix it. Your best idea would be to scrap the map and make a new one to replace it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
This has happened to me quite a lot, I'm not sure what causes it - probably messing up the wild Pokemon data, but I don't know exactly - but I don't think there's a way to fix it. Your best idea would be to scrap the map and make a new one to replace it.
If he deleted the Wild Pokemon list, he's screwed.

Unless he's willing to manually hex-edit the data back in after pasting it from a backup, that is. But that's tricky.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2013
I don't know if this is really a "simple" question but...
I'm working on a fire red hack.
Whenever I make it to Mt Moon and battle a team rocket grunt my game freezes (a brown? screen).
I didn't change anything with the script only moved the position on them. Which I also done with about every other trainer up to then.

Last edited:

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
I don't know if this is really a "simple" question but...
I'm working on a fire red hack.
Whenever I make it to Mt Moon and battle a team rocket grunt my game freezes (a brown? screen).
I didn't change anything with the script only moved the position on them. Which I also done with about every other trainer up to then.

If you've written other scripts, possibly you overwrote the Trainer's. Did you check for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back