The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Roleplay Theatre Roleplay Stage
Pokémon OPEN (M)(IC)Pokemon Battle Royale - Earth and Sky: Beyond

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old May 27th, 2018 (1:07 PM). Edited May 27th, 2018 by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
Queen of Magical Girls

Nature: Quirky
Rose Maple
"I'm the older, aura sensitive sister~!"
Leafy the Serperior ♀

Moves
Dahlia the Honedge ♀

Moves
Shao the Mienshao ♀

Moves

Mary Maple
"And I'm the younger sister who believes in the power of love~!"
Peach the Gardevoir ♀

Moves
Venessa the Mawile ♀

Moves

Mary's eyes lit up like the sun at the sight of Reanne's war bonnet. Her chest tightened with anticipation and a soft little gasp escaped her as she took a deep breathe at the sight. Oh. My. Freaking. Arceus. ...She was working with so much more hair than she originally anticipated! And it was braided! She was going to get to braid that back up~! "No way... Your hair is wonderful, Reanne~!" Mary chirped rather affectionately before beginning to set to work on it. Thankfully, Reanne's trust paid off. Mary had a gentle and purposeful touch, always very aware of any knots she came across and never tugging all that hard when she encountered them. It seemed like she took special care to treat Reanne's hair with as much love as she treated her own. It was likely that it would take her quite a bit of time to finish, but she worked diligently without complaint.

Nearby, Rose was not sure whether to pity Reanne or continue being jealous of her. One of the benefits of having shorter hair was that she didn't often have to deal with... that. Yet, it seemed like they were both enjoying themselves. --Nope, wait. There it was. Jealousy. Yeah, definitely jealousy. She quietly took a moment to try and snuff that emotional wildfire out. She had to stop thinking that way; it wasn't proper, and it was going to start hurting if she let those feelings run wild.

Mary popped her head out from behind Reanne to address the conversation going on with a smile that didn't at all reflect any of the hardship they'd been through. "My name's Mary, and this is my sister Rose! We're from Unova." she explained, drawing Rose back from her thoughts. Her gaze drifted to Nathaniel in particular. She was trying to read his aura to get a read on him. However, once again she didn't find what she was looking for. This time, that was probably a good thing. "Let's let our Pokemon do all of the fighting between us. We're not going to be able to rely on any sportsmanship from the land itself, so better enjoy it while it's not in short supply." she thoughtfully chimed in in agreement. I mean, if all the death on arrival hadn't made that clear she wasn't sure what would. "Like my sister Mary said, my name's Rose. Rose Maple. Nice to meet you guys too!" Rose introduced, her gaze shifting to Manny. " . . . Your name sounds a lot like 'manly'. Is that on purpose?" Rose light-heartedly accused, giving Manny a playfully shrewd look. It was his turn to fall under her piercing gaze as she attempted to read his aura. "This is our first journey away from home, but we've been getting to know our pokemon for a while now and we both felt like we were ready to challenge ourselves." Rose explained. At this, Mary leaned out from where she was delicately braiding Reanne's hair with the handle of her hairbrush gripped between her lips.

"Mnoeshnot!" she interjected, unable to speak clearly. It sounded like an objection, though. Rose passed her a glance, smiling lightly at her before returning her attention to no one in particular. "I mean--That's why I'm here anyway. Rose just wants to travel and see the world. I don't think she even cares if she wins this thing." Rose sassily remarked. Mary took the brush from her mouth at this remark, no longer needing both hands to keep the braid she'd just finished from falling apart. "That's not true! I want to give it my best shot so I can support my pokemon and my new friends later~!" Mary explained rather cheerily. "By that you mean you want ...one of us to win." Rose flatly accused, receiving a little shrug in response. "--Well, yeah! I know how important it is to you. I think I'd be happy as long as the winner is one of my friends." Mary replied as if it were the most obvious statement in the world. Rose softly rolled her eyes. She knew that that just meant Mary would be trying to befriend as many people as she could along the way. She just had to keep an eye on Mary to make sure no one took advantage of her better nature. She'd probably be really popular with any boys their age they came across, knowing what boys their age were like.

Seeing that the crowd had started to thin a bit, Mary decided it was time to take Reanne up on her earlier request. No secrets. "My sister Rose has strange eyes. She sees stuff nobody else can. Mary explained in a rather goofy attempt to sound spooky and mysterious. This drew a rather visible flinch from Rose, whose eyes widened in alarm at Mary's choice of words. She seemed to become very uneasy, lowering her gaze to hide her eyes behind her bangs and squirming slightly where she stood. " . . . I'm not crazy. Please don't look at me like I'm crazy." she softly replied in a very nervous tone. It seemed like Rose was a little sensitive about being crazy 'seeing things', whatever that meant. One got the impression that she was probably crazy and would react violently if you used that word she had probably suffered some ostracization, partially as a result of her condition. "She's fiiine. I like her strange eyes~!" Mary light-heartedly added. She, of course, would be diligent in continuing her work on Reanne's hair, even if they got off of her musharna and walked into the pokemon center. She was probably about halfway done.

It's been a long time since we crossed paths over space-time~

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 1st, 2018 (7:19 PM).

Nature: Lonely

Tex and his group drop off the attacking tribe onto their territory as Tex Raised his arms to act like a scary beast as the hunting party ran off in fear of the psychic pokemon's strength. On their way back towards their tribal lands, They located a Snivvy lying in the ground, out cold. "....Why on earth is a grass type doing out here this far on the plateau?' The Machoke picks it up and carries it back over to Tex. "....☼§▲, Do you have an Oran on you?" The Lucario pulls out an Oran Berry and attempts to force feed the Snivvy by crushing the berry and placing a portion of it in it's mouth. "You awake child?"

Out on the track, a group of Electrodes and Votorbs begin sabotaging a train leading to Lux Bravio in Ignea. As they place stones on the track, they wait patiently as the train rolls into sight. As the train hit's the stone's, the engine begins to tilt and totter back and forth until it falls off and the rest of the train cars follow. The chaos erupts as the cars go flying in different directions while others are nearly rushed completely by the force of the other carts.

Joseph walks up to reclaim Static and walks outside to see the group. He passes by to walk towards the bus office and present his pass. The office attendant nods and replies that they've radioed for help and are sending another transport from Lux Bravio to take them the rest of the way. Joseph thanked her and walked away to see the others. ".... I suck at public speaking...*ahem*.... Sorry to interrupt, But the next bus to Lux Bravio may not be for an hour or so."

Quote:
    "My sister Rose has strange eyes. She sees stuff nobody else can. Mary explained in a rather goofy attempt to sound spooky and mysterious. This drew a rather visible flinch from Rose, whose eyes widened in alarm at Mary's choice of words. She seemed to become very uneasy, lowering her gaze to hide her eyes behind her bangs and squirming slightly where she stood. " . . . I'm not crazy. Please don't look at me like I'm crazy."
    "I don't think it's crazy.... I mean, we just escaped a bus that got vaporized by lightning and attacked by pokemon who we're nearly as organized as trainers, met a pokemon who could speak capable english instead of just pokemon speech and lead by said pokemon all the way to safety..... If anything, today's been awesome!' Joseph gives a cocky grin and a thumbs up.
    Quote:
    “I’m Emmanuel, you can call me Manny if you'd like,” he said with a light tap of his chest, “from Orre. Nice to meet you guys. Except you with the Earthquakes."
    "Where in Orre do you rein from Manny?" Joseph asked as he pulled out his Camera and snapped a shot of the current group who survived the bus trip so far. "... Aside From the Maple's, is there any other reason everyone's come to Ignea?"

Blaze :: Good - Caboose :: Good - Static :: Good
    ::Chapter 1 - To Ignea!:: 85%

Old June 3rd, 2018 (9:26 AM).
    A PokéManiac

Nature: Bashful
      "It's okay, everything will be fine."
      Bus Stop
      Reanne

Minutes past for a short float onward led her and her companions to a brighter disposition. As if a terrible storm had dissipated entirely, the sky that greeted them was an exquisite blue gradient. The sun was absent through first sight. Yet, it was evidently there, it was just raised too high for anyone to reach it now. But have anyone ever felt what it feels like to touch that? It might sounded ridiculous, but the thought remained. If they had the chance within their grasp, would they do it?

Cross-armed, Reanne sat straightly still on her Pokémon, feeling her long hair gently tugged constantly by Mary from the back. Mary seemed to have done a great job at grooming Reanne's hair, strand by strand, to what it should've been formerly. At least, her effort made Reanne's hair to be weighed down by gravity, some of it fluttering as the warm breeze came spreading across the open canyon. After engaging a successful proposal, Reanne remained silent as the others, one after another, had exchanged their names--including Tex the Slowbro as an unnecessary bonus. Her sleepy gaze wasn't exactly a nonchalant display of laziness or running out of nice things to say. Instead, the subject just became more interesting when they added even more things related to what they've been just through.

There were earthquakes? I didn't feel anything when I was doing this contest thing. The two sisters didn't mention anything about it either... The thought remained inside her mind, whereas she blinked as if she remembered something obscure, ...Ah, it must be them being too far apart from Shimmer. Should I explain it to them? She paused a bit before continuing, ...Nah, there's no need. Maybe next time.

A moment later, Reanne heard a light whisper from her back. It was Mary, who happily volunteered to tidy her hair as a mutual sign. She turned to face her, "Seeing stuff nobody else can, eh..." It didn't appear as obvious to her, but her mind was elsewhere when she thought of see-through matters. It must've been hard for Rose to see things she didn't ask for. So hard that Reanne would actually like to have the same ability as well. She might not be too gifted in terms of inheritance or the like, thus, the thought envied her that she didn't realize she was making a weird face.

"Eh heh, um, that wasn't so bad, was it?" Reanne's voice sounded reluctant as she tried to quickly divert what she had in mind, "Mm, I'm not the one who could really comment anything about one's possession. You know your sister more than I do, after all. In return, I..." Reanne winked reassuringly at Mary, "...have nothing to hide either. What you see of me is what I am." She continued, "Back to what you're doing, I must say that a thanks won't be enough to express my gratitude. You saved me the trouble of doing such tedious work, so I will do anything for you. How about that?" She dared herself, without thinking much of what could happen if she were to say that to anyone else.

As soon as she did, Reanne noticed one of the Trainers who took the questioning to the others. Deciding to hop in, she answered, "I come here to find out about what kind of contest is this. It does sound like fun." She giggled.

NOTE: It's just a game in PokéTrivia. While you're at it, why not try coming in here to post?
      Old June 3rd, 2018 (10:35 AM).
      illusion is mine

Nature: Modest

Jotting down a few final words in his journal, a voice resonated through the pokemon center. When each trainer's pokemon was refreshed a number was called. "Number 6, please!" the woman behind the counter announced. "Looks like that's me." Toru mumbled as he glanced down at the ticket he had placed on the table. Snatching it up he returned to the counter and presented the piece of paper to the attendant. "Glad we can help, sir! Please come again!" the woman behind the counter was quite cheerful despite the location they seemed to be placed in. Toru reattached his pokeballs to his waist and began to make his way out of the building.

Mmm, I better make sure I'm not late to catch this bus... but before that...

Gripping one of the balls he had just put away, Espeon appeared. "You must have been cramped, huh? I don't think you've ever stayed in these things for that long before... Sorry!" he chuckled a bit as he poked fun at his partner. Espeon sat and turned it's head away from him as if she was shunning Toru. "Hehe, I didn't expect anything different..." his voice began to trail off as he began to reflect on the pokemon that had spoken to him.

I wonder if I could eventually learn to understand you.

Shaking it off, Toru continued. "Let's get going, yeah?" The duo finally emerged outside, however this time it seemed like the whole atmosphere had changed. The storm riddled skies had taken on a new life. Displaying a beautiful open view of blue where only a few clouds could be seen trailing throughout. Beside him the psychic pokemon gave out a loud purr-like noise. "Pretty nice, huh? Completely different from before..." he responded before approaching the bus attendants.

Toru presented his ticket to the attendant who glanced it over quickly before giving him a nod. "You're all good to go! However, we're looking at a bit of wait... I'd say could be up to an hour." Toru stuffed his ticket back into his pocket and reverted his attention back to his pokemon. "Well what do ya say? Let's enjoy this peace while it lasts right?"

Old June 10th, 2018 (4:38 PM).
      Queen of Magical Girls

Rose Maple
      Leafy the Serperior ♀

Moves
      Dahlia the Honedge ♀

Moves
      Shao the Mienshao ♀

Moves

Mary Maple
      Peach the Gardevoir ♀

Moves
      Venessa the Mawile ♀

Moves

...He didn't think she was insane. That boy over there--Joseph, wasn't it? He didn't think she was crazy! ...Maybe he was crazy. Maybe they were both crazy! No, that would make them normal. Why wasn't anyone asking any questions?? She would be asking questions if someone told her they saw things that weren't real! Rose's cheeks turned a subtle shade of red as she tried to process people being nice to her. And like a dork, she wound up bashfully flashing a thumbs up back at Joseph after a moment, unable to collect herself enough to respond with words. However, Reanne had a very different reaction. Her aura bristled, and that look on her face--She barely even needed special eyes to figure out how Reanne was feeling right then, but it certainly took out the guesswork. That was an emotion she was very familiar with. She'd witnessed it dozens of times from her girl friends back home and at school. She knew exacty the color, shape, the texture, the way it moved. That was envy. But... why? For all her insight, she could not imagine why anyone would be envious of her eyes. If not because Mary had made her sound crazy but because...--Was that another feeling hidden in there? What was that? Ah well. If Rose spent all day trying to figure out what every mysterious emotion was in everyone's auras she'd get nothing else done.

"Ehehe, it's okay. If I see anything interesting, I'll be sure to let you know. That way, my eyes can be your eyes too!" Rose sheepishly replied, trying to work around that envy. If one were particularly perceptive, they might've noticed the sharp change from shame and embarassment earlier. Almost as if she knew the air had changed. "--I kinda need them for other stuff though, so they'll need to stay with me." Rose went on to add with a wink.

Nearby, Mary finished braiding Reanne's hair. Before she could even begin to gush over her work, Reanne expressed her gratitude by making ... a promise? Her eyes widened with wonder at one word in particular. ...'Anything'. Anything?? It stole the breathe right from her lungs, and she had to take a moment to gather it back. Mary beamed rather invitingly at the other once she registered that Reanne was being serious. "Wow~! That's one of the most romantic things anyone's ever said to me! It's a deal~!" Mary chirped rather eagerly in response, drawing an eye roll from Rose. "...Dork." she remarked, poking fun at Mary's choice of words. She knew Mary well enough to know that Mary tended to use the word romantic in a rather archaic way. It had gotten her sister some unwanted attention of her own from bullies, but Reanne didn't seem like the sort to take it the wrong way. Mary seemed unfazed by Rose's remark though, giggling at the teasing a bit.
      "Apparently a new bus will be here to take us the rest of the way in about an hour. We should get any small time shopping we need done now before we're stuck here waiting for it to show up." Rose suggested.

"If you wanted, I could travel along with you once we get to Ignea. Then I could do your hair more often~!" Mary offered, seeming to have taken a strong liking to Reanne. One got the impression that she simply enjoyed the time they spent bonding together. Or in Rose's case, she got the impression that Mary had lost her freakin' mind. A spike of jealousy jabbed its way right into her heart. "--I thought you were going to travel with me!" Rose protested, not too thrilled with the implicit volunteering. "I wanna travel with both of you~!" Mary replied rather brightly. Rose averted her eyes down at the ground, feeling rather left out in spite of Mary's words. " . . . Would that be okay if my sister came along too? We can all figure out what to do together~" Mary suggested, taking notice of Rose's sulking.

Old June 15th, 2018 (11:30 AM).
      ???

Emmanuel "Manny" Chapman
      Emmanuel smiled, taking the playful comment as a compliment. He was about to say something in response, Rose’s long gaze caught him off-guard, causing him to swallow his words. The smile slowly gave way into a curious look, Emmanuel unsure of why her eyes were focused on him. Was she expecting a response? “I’ve never thought about it like that, but I think it fits.” He finally said, pulling his shoulders back so that it pushed out his chest. Posture was an important part of looking manly.

He took a moment to size up the others, partly to avoid Rose’s gaze. He eyes eventually found their way over to the brunette, Rose’s sister, Maple, when he heard muffle something in response to Rose, then over to Reanne, the girl whose hair Maple was braiding. Emmanuel’s own gaze lingered for a moment, and then the thought crept into his mind, how old was everyone here?

His gaze shifted downwards as his hand went rubbing against his chin. It was a matter of great importance for Emmanuel, and he had never been good at guessing ages. He thought to ask, but as he opened his mouth, he stopped himself just short. On second thought, he realized, probably not such a good idea.

“Where in Orre do you rein from Manny?” He heard voice ask him. He looked up to see Joseph, the younger man that had just introduced himself earlier. Emmanuel was thankful for the interruption to his thoughts, and it showed on his face. “I’m from Gateon,” he said fondly, “but I spent a lot of years in Pyrite. Lots of great memories and battles there.” He nodded along to himself reminiscently.

Having arrived at their checkpoint, Emmanuel noticed the Pokémon Center and excused himself to the group. “I’ll see you all later,” he said cheerily, jogging off to the building.
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (8:14 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Quto.

Hours pass as the bus finally pulls into the station. The bus honks it's horn as the group kicking the dirt take notice. Joseph Boards the bus anhd yells at everyone that the bus arrived. As Joseph climbs aboard the steel machine and walks towards the back, Releasing Caboose from his pokeball and feeding him a little food he picked up from the local mart.

(Note: This is for when players post boarding and arriving)

The bus travels a short few miles as a barren land gains shades of grass as the sun dips low over the horizon as a hot pink light comes up from over the distance. Neon signs everywhere, attracting everyone to a casino, a piano or jazz club, minor arcades, love hotels and get-hitched churches. "This is Lux Bravio?.... The world..... It's just an over-glorified city of light s.... does anyone ever sleep there?"

As the bus stops, and the group get's off, there is music in the air with electronic trumpet fanfare coming from the entrance to the city with a banner for Pokemon Earth and Sky hanging above and a speaker coming up on stage. The speaker was a slim man with greasy hair, a stylish white tuxedo, white gloves wearing a pair of rose tinted colored glasses that seemed to reflect like mirror shades. He began to address the short crowd from a small stage in the center as the speakers in the city began to crack at his voice before the vocals came in, the entire city was addressed at once."All trainers! I welcome you to Lux Bravio! The city that never sleeps and never wakes! Don't ask me who calls it that, I just work here! I also welcome you to out first competition in hope's to attract the pokemon league comity out here to our land to get some business driving in. Earth and Sky does not work like most contest's, you do not enter our 'champions' indigo plateau unless you perform one of the few actions." He holds up a pokerchip. "By dawn, if you return to the city entrance and claim you are in the contest, you'll be given a stamp with special ink an a bag of these poker chips, 10 of them. From here you can wager your chips against other trainers and either lose or win more. The trainer with 100 chips earns themselves an entry into the championship. You can also gamble these tokens in our casinos or many arcades and win your entry into the championship if your lucky enough. You can also buy your way in, though these chips are about $10,000 each if you buy from us. IT will be better to earn them yourself. Don't spend them all in one place!" He chuckles a little and sighs. "If you loose all of your chips, it doesn't mean game over. There is another method! Our there in the wild, there area treasures being guarded by a few factions of the locals who may refer to as the tribes. If you are able to attain 1 of these treasures, you attain immediate entry in the championship. If you attain 2 or 3 of those treasures, you can face the elites yourself without having to go through the trouble of fighting in the tournament. If you or say, a group of friends attain or locates all 5 of them for yourself, the contest ends and you will be declared as an instant winner where you'll receive the grand mystery prize!!!... And I promise you, the prize ain't some mystery box or something that one would refer as chump change like the tickets for our comedy club. It is something big and for all you know, it could be claiming the entire city of Lux Bravio for yourself.... Or maybe a legendary pokemon? Maybe we'll clear some land to build a new city! Bigger and better than Lux Bravio to have your own Pokemon gym to symbolize you and others have arrived!.... Runner's up will receive a cash compensation. To all of you trainers out there, good hunting!... Also for the contest participants, The love hotels Garmans Love House, Jynx's Hide Away and Smoochum's Playroom have been instructed to give trainers a free night; on us! Food and snacks will be provided until 9AM in the morning; from there you'll need to pay your way in. Whether to get your freak on or grab some shut-eye after a long trip. We could care less! Enjoy!" The speaker bows and steps off of his stage as he disappears into the lights.

::Chapter 1 - To Ignea!:: 99%

Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:39 AM).

It seemed like at least they were heading to somewhere new. A new place to explore, who knows what quests lie ahead for him?

And then there's a guy who seemed to question his methods. “Jury’s still out on you,”

"Oh, Manny, is it? Well, its not like we're in serious trouble for the ruckus I caused anyway, eh?

The name's Nathaniel, but Nathan is fine. Its a competition anyway, might as well go bold and be offensive rather than... looking after anyone else's behinds. I'd be more concerned about fending for myself, even if the occasions get bad for all of us you know."
          Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:53 PM).
          A PokéManiac

Hmm, how should I describe it? We Trainers came from different places, cultures, and now we're tied to an objective we didn't have to agree with in the first place -- the contest, one of the several things that intrigued our curious-minded will. They told me it will be a short trip once we got on the bus, and it was. I sure hadn't known the exact time, though I could only see how lilac the skies were, almost as if evening is about to replace noontime.

Each time I see a cactus had gone past, I got the feeling that I'm sitting my way through, nearer to the unknown, further from home. It's been just a day that I got here, but I've never thought that I'd miss my old lonely life back in where I used to live. I imagine how it was like to stargaze from the rooftops... counting how many bright things and write them off everyday, making a wish whenever it falls... floating on Shimmer to see if I could grasp myself one at my leisure...

...Yet in here, the gaze of the barren land blending in with the grasslands is just as amazing, I couldn't never get tired of seeing things like these. If it was to impress people from the outer world, it sure did succeed to make me feel like home. But of course, this isn't where I should sleep on a sleeping bag. Night have always been awfully chilly that I'm too used to wear this gift from my father, even in my sleep, and today, I had taken it off because Mary wanted to adjust my hair the way she wanted it.

I couldn't really shake off how I feel about being attached with somebody, but I did realize one thing, that being in one's company makes me feel comfortable. It makes me wonder still, where they could have gone? That's my only wish, and I'd be more than grateful once I caught vision of them. Someday...

Once the second bus had stopped on its tracks, being the nearest to the door side, Reanne pushed the door wide to reveal a newfound atmosphere surrounding her and the group before her. She set her foot on the road, trying to get a clearer view of the city in the open, eager of how lively the place proved to be. Reflections of various lights of a rainbow were very dominant in the eye, and in the distance afar, blurred a burning golden glow that reeks pure commerce.

"So it seems. We've arrived." Said Reanne, spreading her stiffening arms wide, taking in things bit by bit as she faced through the group who should've followed suit. Though, her attention were driven away as music started to spike up at the other side of the bus' entrance. Slowly, Reanne made herself appear to see a crowd of people and Pokémon, watching a man in white suit making his introductory speech toward the supposed competitors. They weren't so late, after all.

...And of course, it didn't take long for him to finish. Though some of the listeners weren't very enthused with his manners, most of them gave a nod towards each other, and the rarer species did threw off his clothes while screaming loudly, drumming his belly with unmistakable hype. ...But why? Scratching that detail, the most important thing to discuss is what should they do before dawn comes.

"...That was...most unusual." Reanne expressed herself toward what she just heard, and saw. It dissipated soon enough from her enough as she picked up her tone back to ask the group, "But anyway, I'm sure most of us are taking part of this contest, right? So, have any of you got some suggestions? Places to visit and so on, before we get ourselves a free pass inside that one hotel?"

NOTE: It's just a game in PokéTrivia. While you're at it, why not try coming in here to post?
            Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:40 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by PkMnTrainer Yellow.
            Queen of Magical Girls

Rose Maple
            Leafy the Serperior ♀

Moves
            Dahlia the Honedge ♀

Moves
            Shao the Mienshao ♀

Moves

Mary Maple
            Peach the Gardevoir ♀

Moves
            Venessa the Mawile ♀

Moves

Rose's playfully faux suspicion melted away when Manny played along, chuckling good-naturedly at his response. It was nice to stop and laugh a little after an uncomfortable brush up against death.

...The bus finally arrived, and the two sisters were spurred along to their final destination. Upon their arrival, they quickly joined Reanne in stretching after their long bus ride. Or well--Mary did. She'd managed to stay awake, while Rose wound up falling asleep against her. Speaking of Rose, she was looking slightly disheveled, but thankfully a...--well not a good rest but an okay one, proved to be enough to take her mind off of her anxieties for the time being.

"I really like that cool cat giving the speech." Mary murmured to Rose, keeping her voice relatively low so that they could still hear the speaker. Rose's brow furrowed. "...Dude, that dude puts more product in his hair than we do." Rose replied in disapproval, matching Mary's quiet volume. "He must love his hair even more than we do." Mary replied. "...That's not love. He looks like he smells like he looks." Rose replied rather flatly. "He looks like he could star in a movie! I bet he owns a BMW and an MBA~" Mary cheerily replied, unfazed. Rose shook her head. "Maybe as the grody villain... What are you--?" Rose began, only to do a double take as the speaker brought up love hotels. Huh? Had she misheard that? "Oowow!! Love hotels~!" Mary gushed, her eyes full of stars. That sounded like ... the most amazing hotel ever conceived! "...No." Rose firmly stated. "--But why? I wanna get my freak on~!" Mary innocently replied, thrusting her hands together in a pleading motion. Rose's face twisted a bit in mild disgust. She reached out and gently pressed her finger to Mary's lips, hushing her. "Shut--...Don't ever say that again. This is what Mom and Dad warned us about. Besides, ...I don't think those places are for girls." Rose softly scolded, passing a shifty glance over her shoulder as she tried to banish those thoughts. "But I see girls heading into one of the hotels right over there!" Mary countered, pointing over the crowd. Rose followed her gesture, catching sight of a group of women in matching uniforms. "I think those are employees." Rose explained. "...But why would they direct us to a hotel that isn't for girls?" Mary asked in confusion. Rose sighed softly. "...Honestly Mary, a lot of girls' parents probably wouldn't let them travel to a faraway region alone. That or they're chasing boys and settling down near their home town instead of adventuring. ...You know Mom got fired just for having us? It's still kind of a boy's world out there. Most of the contestants are probably boys too." Rose explained with mild distaste for the topic. "Oh... I guess that makes us rebels without a cause~!" Mary remarked, raising a fist and flexing an arm in an enthusiasticly competitive gesture and flashing a wink at Rose and Reanne, assuming the other was paying attention. Rose softly chuckled. "Sure. Why not. Just stay out of any love dens or anything weird like that. We're just here for the beds. ...The empty ones, with no one else in them." Rose decisively explained, only for her choice of words to immediately betray her and earn her an entirely bewildered look from Mary as she went on to correct herself. Her sister didn't have a clue what she was on about, and it showed on her face. Oh well...

Turning to Reanne, Rose smiled half-heartedly. "Hey Reanne? What do you think about going after those tribes? I figure we can battle any time we want any region we want, but we'll never get another chance to take on the tribes and whatever challenges they have in store for us. Plus, we can all get into the championship together that way!" Rose suggested. Mary considered this for a long moment. The logic was sound. The path was lined with mystery, intrigue and adventure. Her heart raced at the thought. "Oooh... I like that idea! Do you wanna do that, Reanne?" Mary eagerly chimed in, both of their attentions now settled on their de facto leader.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (4:54 AM).

Getting down the bus, Nathaniel's eyes basked in the surroundings. It seemed to be a lively atmosphere, with most people getting excited as they eagerly listened to a man in white, announcing something rather important.

"THIIS IS SOOOOO HYPEEEE! I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO BEGINNN!!" a man nearby exclaimed loudly, while removing his shirt and bellying his own drum.

...was that really necessary? he thought.

And then he heard those two words. Love hotel. Oh dear, this is one of those places, isn't it? It's hilarious that they're in here for serious business and yet, of all the place they could stop by, they had to stop at a lounge for... partners.

After hearing Reanne's suggestion, he said, "Well, I think we should check out the arcades first. Who knows if they might be pretty easy to win, I've got a good knack in gambling too!"
              Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:44 PM).
              ???

Emmanuel "Manny" Chapman
              Emmanuel whistled in amazement as he stepped off the bus, taking in the sight of the city. He could hardly believe something so vibrant and lively was just sitting out here so close to his hometown, separated only by a range of desert and barren land, already forgetting the danger they faced to get here. The speech, despite the flashiness of its speaker and setup, drew little attention from Manny, whose eyes were feasting on the bright lights and bustling bodies of people moving about.

“This is gonna be fun.” He said to himself, the excitement bounding through his limbs. Manny fondly recalled the memories of his nighttime escapades back in Orre, and what he remembered could only pale in comparison to the allures of Lux Bravio.

By the time the speech was over, the crowd beginning to disperse, Manny had wandered off some distance away from the group he had arrived with. He had practically forgotten about them under the bright neon lights of the city. It took only a few buildings until Manny found what he was looking for, a club. It had been awhile since the young man had let loose and he wanted to enjoy himself while the night still lasted.

Still early into the night, Manny found his way into the club without much of problem, the bouncer had yet to begin cutting people off. Even though the night was just starting, patrons already crowded the floor and Emmanuel wasted no time in joining them.

His body moved fluidly to the rhythm of the music, sliding into a group of some men and women. His eyes locked with a woman’s, and they began to match their movements to one another, a sort of flow between their movements taking shape. It was brief, interrupted as she was pulled back into the arms of a seemingly irritated partner. She gave an apologetic smile and then they disappeared further into the crowd.

Emmanuel wasn’t especially bothered, things like that happened sometimes. He continued to dance, scanning the crowd, hoping to meet another person’s eyes. It was a brief search as he felt a pair of bold arms slip around his waist from behind, slowly turning him around.
              Old 3 Weeks Ago (1:51 AM).
              A PokéManiac

The moment Reanne asked them about what to do, some already gave their answers expectantly. They were all coming from none other than the ones she spoke to the most, but not truly the answers she was expecting as they all are for the coming dawn, not the present night as the skies started to fade their light into darkness. That's not going to be a problem, she thought, because she's confident they'll find a way to spend the night, and hey, it's better than listening to the winds,

"Ah, that idea isn't too shabby at all. Y-yeah, that's right..." Reanne commented smilingly, feeling a sweat dropping for sounding awkward, though regained her composure quickly, "Ahem. Actually, it's apparent to say that we all think alike. That's also what I'm considering after what we've heard so far, but figures, I should've known better that there are people who have their fair share of competitiveness." She winked an eye at the two girls, "My answer should be obvious enough to guess. Besides, wasn't that the reason why we're here, right?"

Then, Reanne turned to face Nathaniel curiously, who encouraged the group to try their luck in gambling. "Ah, glad you're not running away from us. I recall that you want to bet and obtain hefty profit from it, and I'd..." She continued, keeping a smile that kept her past experience well-concealed, "...say that we shouldn't. Gambling is only good if you win, but should the inevitable happen, what can you say to what has been lost?"

After having given her thoughts to the two, Reanne continued her turn to speak, looking a little weary than usual, "Well, that's unexpected. It's not like we've got nowhere to go to during the night, but we probably start moving our legs and look for a place to stay on. Honestly, my back feels sore just from sitting for hours. Not only that, it's starting to get cold in here..."

Without hesitation, she made her first move onward, taking the lead to the deeper portion of the city through the raised sidewalk to the right...then paused. The realization of not knowing where's where hit her like a toy brick, but the concern was realer than her love for bakeries. Judging by how big the city was, she'd get lost in no time if she wandered out by only herself. She only managed to avoid such mistake as a Skitty passed by on the way, stopping her for a moment to let the Kitten Pokémon to cross and reach the other end of the road, then gone as the view was closed by passing pedestrians who glanced at the Skitty momentarily. That was a curious sight, where could she be heading to? The thought intrigued her, but it might be better to leave it as it was.

"...Hey, what are you waiting for? Let's go!" Reanne beckoned the group to catch up on her pace. Though that was done in an attempt to keep her cool, it's profoundly safer to travel in groups than going solo... Now that she thought of it, it felt like she didn't catch a glimpse of somebody who was there a moment ago. She wasn't sure with the number count being odd, could it be just her imagination? The probable occasion lay obscurely within the cold air...

Old 2 Weeks Ago (1:06 PM).
                illusion is mine

Nature: Modest

Wiping away a bead of sweat from his forehead, Toru had almost lost track of time since he had been waiting for the next bus to arrive. Grazing his fingers back through his hair he wrapped a tie around his curly locks and knotted the mess into a bun. "You must be enjoying this sun a bit more than I am at this point!" he motioned to Espeon as the Pokemon purred in pleasure. Finally, a horn rang through the air signalling the bus' arrival.

Hmph. Finally.

As the other trainers had made their way onto the bus first, Toru found two empty seats so his partner could accompany him on the ride. Slouching back and releasing a hearty sigh, exhaustion finally overcame him and he began to doze off.

Now that I think about it, I think this might be the first time I've been able to get comfortable since the attack on the last bus ride... here's to hoping this one goes a bit smoother...

As quickly as he was able to fall asleep, the bus came to a stop at their destination. Toru groggily let out a large yawn and began to rub his eyes in an attempt to regain consciousness. "Huh?" quickly coming to at the sight of his new destination he became awestruck by the sight before him. A lustrous, colorful city filled with various attractions glowed outside the bus window. The group of trainers he had been traveling with were already gathered in front of a stage and were listening to the sounds that seemed to be blaring from the speakers surrounding it. In a state of panic Toru rushed off the bus with Espeon in tow and stopped himself as a man in a white tuxedo began addressing the crowd on the rules of an upcoming competition. Toru stood still and began to take in everything that was being presented to him.

Old 2 Weeks Ago (5:35 AM).

"Well, if the majority would not want to do it, I can only digress and follow through," Nathaniel said with a shrug.

As he said that, he caught a glimpse of some odd-looking hotels.

Love hotels, huh. Wonder why they had such a shady name for a hotel. The city itself seems to be bumbling in life, with peak activity from each and everyone there, with a sense of belonging.

Perhaps its just part of their culture huh? Going into such hotels to do such... things.

Wait a minute. Weren't they going to stay in one of those hotels? Those notorious love hotels famous for those sort of *activities*?

Oh dear.

But they're gonna stay in different rooms right? So perhaps there won't be room for such *activities* in the first place.

Oh get your mind straight Nathaniel! You're here to win the contest, not fulfill your inner desires!

He shook his head as he followed the group towards their next destination.
                  Old 1 Week Ago (2:30 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Quto.

Joseph observed the entire city after the annoucements of the contest as he had to squint his eyes in sight of all the neon. The trainer's rush into the city, heading into the local Casino's and Arcades while the hungry go into the local restaurant's. A small Delibird is seen carrying around a platter of drink's it's pulling from it's bag to serve it's denizens fresh alcohol and juice. At the center of the city, An ad runs on the massiv eTV advertising 'LAZER RAYCE!' Which looked like a combination of Tron and Mario Kart, shoved together... and the cart's wall's don 't fall or reset until they finish a lap. Joseph Squints his eye's, unable to deal with the issue, he make's his way for the Love Hotel, Smoochum's Playroom. Inside, 9he register's with the front desk that he's a trainer checking in alone. They give him a room Key as Caboose wanders off to the nearby Buffet and start's stuffing his face with the spread while piling food ontop of it's head. "Hey, hey, HEY, HEY! Caboose! Stop eating all the-! Too tired to argue..." HE release's Blaze from his ball and request's him to get Caboose; Though he joins Caboose in the feast. He ask's the same of Static, though Static joins the other 2. "oh COME O-" Caboose stuffs a banana in his mouth and put's a grape soda in his hand while pushing him back into a couch in the hotel Foyer. Joseph gives a glare before he give's up, eat's the fruit while watching his team stuff their faces.

Joseph got up as the 3 finish up, leaning back satisfied and begin following him up into the room. The bedroom didn't have anything extreme with the exception of the heart-shaped bed and red sofa. The VHS case was stocked with plenty of movies from out east, everything from Primeape-Zilla to Frankenstein starring mostly Pokemon. Jospeh steps into the bathroom, showers and start's wrapping a headband around his forehead to hide his scar as he get's dressed into more appropriate city wear and start's walking out, leaving his team to sleep. He steps out looking for the local poke'mart, which was difficult seeing as there was a casino or bar within every 5 steps, though he located it, stocking up on pokeballs before walking out and making his way back to a hotel.

He looked up at the Earth and Sky Ad and wondered if he should participate in the contest's hunt while looking for what he was intending to find while he was out here.

To Move onto Day, A majority of participants must retire to a hotel.

::Chapter 1 - To Ignea!:: 99%

Quick Reply