• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
I read you can write down "LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL" and something happens but you don't know what, anyone know?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I read you can write down "LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL" and something happens but you don't know what, anyone know?

Write that down on the PokeMart questionaire sheet in FireRed (little piece of white paper on any Mart's counter) and you will unlock the Mystery Gift feature for FireRed. Its primary use was at downloadable Nintendo events, but those ended a looong time ago for the Third Generation games.

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2010
hello guys,

i do have a pokemon EMERALD and LEAF GREEN versions.

*Just askin if i can trade pokemon on those 2 versions using a nintendo DS and a GBA SP with a link cable???

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
hello guys,

i do have a pokemon EMERALD and LEAF GREEN versions.

*Just askin if i can trade pokemon on those 2 versions using a nintendo DS and a GBA SP with a link cable???

No, No you can not.

Unless you have 2 GBAs it won't work

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
You can't trade them, it is a one way trip from the Game Boy Advance Game Pack to the DS Game Pack. It's done through Pal Park on Route 221, you transfer 6 pokemon per day from your GBA game to your DS one. You cannot have HM moves on them when transferring them. As Keyaki said you need two GBA's. DS do not have Link Cable Slots.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2010
oh my bad, well thanks for the help, i should be getting another GBA so i can trade :(

Last edited:
Years
When you're using an emulator to play with
how do you trade in eggs or pokémon that you cannot catch in the game?
Cause I've seen a lot of guys here talkin about it, but I've not the tiniest clue on how to do that.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
You need a special emulator, but to be honest I'd recommend using a code to force the Pokemon to appear. Also, this sort of question should be taken to the Q&A thread in the Emulator forum.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
my Fire Red Save file keeps deleting itself! What does this mean?

Does it come up with a specific error on startup? If so could you post it?

If not then that's the classic sign of a dead battery. My Silver did that too. :( I'm not sure there's anything to be done other than buy a new FireRed cartridge (they're not that expensive, you're looking at about £10 on eBay).

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
It tells me my Save file has been deleted, but it doesn't give an Error message exactly, it just tells me that the save file was deleted, exactly like this.
"The save file was deleted..."
It always seems to happen after I don't play it for more than a few minutes, like once I turned it off and directly back on and it told me that my Save file was ok.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
If it tells you a message of some sort no matter what (ven the 'it is ok' ones) then it may actually be a fake game, as real gams should not do that. Of course there's always the very minor chance it is a legit game and just broken, but odds on it's a fake game.

Also note while Silver's dead battery did destroy the card, with rse/frlg, a dead internal battery would not hurt the save file - only time-based events like berry growing in RSE (because the game did not have such a dependence on the time feature). Also not the case with the DS games as they rely on the DS clock, not an internal battery.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Well my Grandma got it for me off of Amazon she said she is going to return it when I give it to her the next time she sees me and I'll use whatever money she got back to get a replacement. But yeah I had suspected it might be a fake because it took several tries for my DS and my Cousin's GBSP to read it and I used it to try and get a wild Growlithe on my Platinum and it wasn't working so... yeah I suspected it was a fake. Also the cartridge felt... different from other GBA Cartridges I had.

Oh and btw Kip, how much is 10 francs in american dollars?

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Oh and btw Kip, how much is 10 francs in american dollars?

Um... Francs haven't been used in over a decade now. The French use the Euro (€) and have done since 1999. That was a British pound symbol (£).

So, to answer your question £10 = $15 USD approximatly. Sorry, I should've looked at your location thing more closely. ^^' My bad.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
OH..... my bad as soon as I saw that you had replyed I thought "wait a minute, I think that was a euro symbol", and then it turned out to be pounds after all lol. Anyway ebay still isn't always very reliable so I will try gamestop before that.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
OH..... my bad as soon as I saw that you had replyed I thought "wait a minute, I think that was a euro symbol", and then it turned out to be pounds after all lol. Anyway ebay still isn't always very reliable so I will try gamestop before that.

When you do go, make sure the cartridge you pick up is a see through orange-red color, the sticker is holographic, and that there's a Nintendo seal on it. I have seen GameStops with fake carts, so yeah. Just wanna make sure you get a good copy this time. :)

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Actually... It has the Nintendo seal, the cartridge is more Red than orange-red though, and could you please define "Holographic", like what exactly does it mean?

Years
Who exactly is the BARD? is he just some random dude or can he be beneficial in some way.

It seems your question wasn't answered. The BARD is a variant of NPCs in the Mauville Pokemon center. Some of them are more beneficial than others. Giddy just rambles, the Bard sings somewhat amusing songs and the storyteller tells stories, whereas people like Trader can give you deals on Secret Base goods and the Hipster who adds words to your vocabulary (for interviews, etc). They can be changed by mixing records and which of these guys you get is entirely random.

Capris

Banned
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2011
Actually... It has the Nintendo seal, the cartridge is more Red than orange-red though, and could you please define "Holographic", like what exactly does it mean?

Holographic just means that it has a certain shine to it, like when you move it you'll see the light reflecting on it. You'll probably get it once you see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back