• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blue hack: Pokemon Pink [COMPLETE]

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 28, 2024
I patched a clean rom but I get a crash at starter selection. The only time I get crashes like this is if it's the emulator's fault. What emulator is this recommended for?

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
VBA-M or bgb is recommended.
You are probably using VBA.
Unfortunately our hack lost support with VBA when we turned Pokemon Red into a full color GBC game. VBA doesn't emulate a real Gameboy accurately enough.

Fotomac

Genwunner and proud of it
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 9, 2023
VBA doesn't emulate a real Gameboy accurately enough.

True, that, and I won't recommend VBA for the full-color version of my own hack for that reason, either, if and when I get it to compile (I'm still having a problem with the ROM0 bank). Still, for those of us who enjoy playing with any of the custom palettes (i.e. those which are triggered when you hit a direction on the D-pad and/or A or B before the game boots up), VBA does have its advantages.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 1, 2016
Made an account for this, I thought you might want to know that someone is trying to make money off your hack.

There's a shopping app called Mercari, which is sort of like a much less regulated eBay with a primarily American userbase. I was browsing the Pokemon merch and this guy came up selling carts of "Pokemon Pink". The description of the starters, addition of dark/steel/fairy, GS graphics, and it being based off Pokemon Blue all rang a bell and I realized it was this hack I'd played a few months back.

The guy is selling the carts for $20 a pop plus shipping.

I took some screenshots of the listing to try and provide, but I can't post them on here, so I'll say they're on imgur and the gallery code is gallery/QoL2Y

This stuff is free to people, not right for someone to be trying to mooch off your hard work.

Trainer 766

Made an account for this, I thought you might want to know that someone is trying to make money off your hack.

There's a shopping app called Mercari, which is sort of like a much less regulated eBay with a primarily American userbase. I was browsing the Pokemon merch and this guy came up selling carts of "Pokemon Pink". The description of the starters, addition of dark/steel/fairy, GS graphics, and it being based off Pokemon Blue all rang a bell and I realized it was this hack I'd played a few months back.

I took some screenshots of the listing to try and provide, but I can't post them on here, so I'll say they're on imgur and the gallery code is gallery/QoL2Y

This stuff is free to people, not right for someone to be trying to mooch off your hard work.

Woah woah woah,for real?

Then I think you should PM the creator about this.

80C

"This is a text filler!"
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2022

Thanks for pointing that out, I was completely unaware of the fact Pokemon Pink has been bootlegged. Bootleggers annoy the hell out of me.
I'm going to add an intro screen like in Pokemon Grape that points out that this game IS NOT for selling and it's supposed to be free, this may require some time though.
I'm going to work on it immediately.

PS: I'm also going to fix that SS.Anne team oversight, I'm sorry for that bug.

80C

"This is a text filler!"
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Well, here is it: Pokemon Pink v2.1.
This release adds the Intro Screen that advise the player that this is a fan game and is supposed to be free.

Pokemon%20Pink_01_zpsyfqolh4g.png
Pokemon%20Pink_02_zpsmugpzjc5.png

I've also deleted the older releases (v1.0, v1.1 and v2.0) for good measure.
Stupid bootleggers. I had to miss a barbecue in order to stay here to fix this release. Next time, those idiotic bootleggers that have nothing better than do than waste the hard work of mine will be the main course of the barbecue, because if I ever get them I'll roast them to their bones if they got any, those spineless beggars.

Don't ever download any version of this hack that does not have the intro.

THIS GAME IS FOR FREE AS IT'S A FAN GAME, SO DO NOT TRUST ANY OTHER VERSION THAT DOES NOT HAVE THE ADVISORY SCREENS.
If you ever find another bootlegger please report me IMMEDIATELY, because they are trying to rip you off.
Unfortunately, every great Pokemon Hack maker gets bootlegged sooner or later, you see, from Flora Sky to Prism once in a while bootlegged cartridges pop out on some flea corners of the web wasting the hard work of their authors (both the original authors and the fan game authors).

That's it, enjoy the new release! :D

Last edited:

Trainer 766

Are you still working on this hack or do you just release this patch as a final?

And ROM Hacks will never not get bootlegged into cartridges,just like what they did with fake Emerald game where the save file will keep resetting after you beat the Pokemon League.Pretty sure it's save problem.

On a side note,the Tesco near my house,there's the game sections that sell incomplete Pokemon ROM Hacks such as Chaos Black,Naranja,Liquid Crystal,Shiny Gold,Arcoiris, and Crystal Dust.All are non-finished betas.Got ripped off thrice.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 13, 2018
That's pretty cool! If I could download it....

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I'm super excited to try this game! The screenshots look beauitiful and I love the idea of a female protagonist in Gen 1 (and I love Crystal from Pokémon Adventures too much, so that's a bonus). I'm not sure how I've not come across this before but I'm very eager to give it a go. Great work! I'll leave a review of my thoughts when I get around to completing it.​

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2017
I've been waiting on a download link for 2.1 to pop back up for months. Does anyone have it at all?

Back