• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Alolan Mix-Up: Submit a movepool for Alolan Butterfree!

Which of these options should we use for Alolan Butterfrees movepool?

• [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9665206&postcount=44"]Option One[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9665229&postcount=45"]Option Two[/url]

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9665551&postcount=46"]Option Three[/url]

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Dark or Ghost vampire Butterfree sounds amazing. Bug/Ghost isn't that out of the left field either, because it learns Shadow Ball, Ominous Wind, and Nightmare. Dark maybe fits the theme better.

Bug/Grass is a possibility since it learns all those powder status moves.

Years
Dark or Ghost vampire Butterfree sounds amazing. Bug/Ghost isn't that out of the left field either, because it learns Shadow Ball, Ominous Wind, and Nightmare. Dark maybe fits the theme better.

Bug/Grass is a possibility since it learns all those powder status moves.

We can change its movepool anyway. xD

Sirfetch’d

I voted for Bug/Dark and Bug/Psychic! I think both are very interesting options and have a ton of potential.

Years
Bug/Dark it is!

So what kind of abilities should it have? Remember submissions should include the same number of abilities a normal butterfree could have (2 including the HA).

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Maybe an original ability that applies Leech Life effects to every contact move. "Life Drain"? If we go down the route of making a vampire Butterfree, it's doable with stats such as these: 50 HP / 135 Atk / 50 Def / 5 SAtk / 50 SDef / 105 Spe. Could move 5 or 10 more stats to SAtk from something else to be fairer and more in line with what they did to Mega Beedrill.

Sirfetch’d

I like wolf's ability suggestion but maybe name is Soul Sap

Years
Maybe an original ability that applies Leech Life effects to every contact move. "Life Drain"? If we go down the route of making a vampire Butterfree, it's doable with stats such as these: 50 HP / 135 Atk / 50 Def / 5 SAtk / 50 SDef / 105 Spe. Could move 5 or 10 more stats to SAtk from something else to be fairer and more in line with what they did to Mega Beedrill.

What about the other ability?

Sirfetch’d

Infiltrator is pretty cool! I was thinking that as well for a 2nd ability. I do wonder how strong we should make Soul Sap(Spirit Sap?). Would it be 50% as well, stacking with Leech Life for 75% healing? What about 20% healing on all contact moves?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
20% on all contact moves would work, with Leech Life then getting 70% healing (op?)

I'm also going to suggest Adaptability because Mega Beedrill

Years
20% on all contact moves would work, with Leech Life then getting 70% healing (op?)

I'm also going to suggest Adaptability because Mega Beedrill

Depends what it hits. I don't think it's that bad.

Adaptability with? Remember this isn't a Mega.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
Infiltrator is cool, but Dry Skin also makes sense since harsh sunlight is fatal to vampires.

Sirfetch’d

It could have 2 main abilities and then a HA. Soul Sap and Infiltrator/Adaptability and maybe Dry Skin as a HA.

Years
Okay, so since we ended up going over. I'm going to run the poll whilst we discuss stat distribution. So the poll for abilities is going up now. As soon as someone gets rid of the old poll for me.

When discussing stats, remember this isn't a Mega Pokemon, it's an Alolan form. You can redistribute Butterfree's stats, but you can't change its BST.

Years
Keeping in mind Soul Sap causing Alolan-Butterfree to recover 20% of the damage it does when it makes contact, a physical set makes the most sense stat-wise imo.

HP: 60
Atk: 95
Def: 50
SpA: 20
SpD: 70
Spe: 100

I figure we'll probably give it something like Hone Claws or Swords Dance in the next section since Quiver Dance will be useless. The defenses here are still pitiful, but I think that's an important balancing factor given that Soul Sap Leech Life recovers 70% of the damage it deals, which is a lot if its got an OHKO or 2HKO. +2 Alolan Butterfree would be a nightmare for a lot of things to switch into, including M-Venu, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Greninja and Alolan Marowak.

Worth noting that with Dry Skin, it'd be a brilliant check for Ash-Greninja.

Sirfetch’d

I like Pie's set tbh. It's not great at first glance, but if Butterfree is given a boosting move and good STAB, it will hit pretty hard and unlike a mega, can hold Life Orb or Choice Band.

Back