• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Rise - Alpha Release

Years
I'm looking for feedback on a new kind of Pokemon Game - Pokemon Rise is me trying a new style of gameplay. Battles are no longer in a separate screen, they all happen where all Trainers can see. Its a little messy for now but I plan to overhaul the position system and add attack animations to make it really shine.

Since its a new kind of game I would love to hear what some of the traditionalists thing about it.

The plot and back-story of the game
You arrive at a new region at the request of the prestigious Pokemon Professor Aspen to help in his endeavours to better understand the Pokemon World.

Prof. Aspen needs your help to capture samples of each species of Pokemon which inhabit the vast region.

In recent years, Pokemon Trainers within the Region have been banding together forming Clans which then war over the local Pokemon Gyms. Clan Members each lend a Pokemon from their Team to a captured Gym to help defend off rival clans.

You as a eager young Pokemon Trainer have chosen to embark upon the quest to Catch 'Em All and assist Prof. Aspen in his research. Who knows, Maybe you will also conquer the Gyms across the region and create the best Pokemon Clan in the World!

Game features (currently)
  • Capture over 700 unique Pokemon
  • Large scale 100x100 map seed generated world with over 25 towns and unique areas to explore.
  • World biomes which have different Pokemon roaming them.
  • Unique Battle System allowing for 6v6 battles and multi trainer battles.
  • Friends and Private Messaging system for talking to other players.
  • 1 in 8080 chance of finding Shiny Pokemon

Development Roadmap (planned features - almost in order of priority)
  • World Map
  • Items and Money Treasure Hunting
  • Clan system for Clan controlled Pokemon Gyms in each town, fighting for world domination!
  • Legendary Pokemon which roam around the world.
  • Trade with other Pokemon Trainers
  • Party System for PvP and hanging out with friends
  • Hair Stylist shops and Outfit stores so that you can be uniquely you!

Show what you're using to make your game
I'm using PHP, HTML5 canvas, CSS, and have created our own engine that allows for communication with other players on map using Java, and also our custom scripting engine that lets us have Non Playing Characters on map to interact.

Gameplay Videos
youtu.be/4k1QE3i1rlY
youtu.be/b53RJtTg-8A

Feedback would be greatly appreciated at this stage, whats working and what isn't. Let me know.
pokemonrise.com

Credits
Design:
Brad

Art:
PrincessPhoenix
SpritesResource (https://www.spriters-resource.com/)

Programming:
Kithedral

Last edited by a moderator:
Back