• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
Years
Update 6 (It's pretty short...):
Spoiler:

Years
I decided that I'm going to randomly select a Pokemon and defeat Yellow with it. I will try with as many Pokemon as I can try. Beginning with Primeape.

Update #1
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2011
Hey! :D I just started a Beatifly Solo run on Platinum! Heres my progress:
-Arrived in Jubilife City
-Got my wurmple.
-Trained it to Lv.6
-Went to the trainers school
-Fought the first trainer and got to Lv. 7
-My wurmple evolved into cascoon

Years
Update#2

Spoiler:

Next on my list is Ninetales!

11wildy

Me!
Years
If I wanted to do a Riolu ultimate solo run, would I be allowed to hack pokemon Ruby and Leafgreen so I can use a pokemon with Riolu's moves and stats, just an other sprite?

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Ultimate Solo Challenge Update #7 with Weedle

Ok, so I managed to get quite a bit done since the last update.

-Entered the Rocket Hideout and beat all the trainers inside.
-I beat Giovanni, he really wasn't much of a challenge at all. I had been worried about that fight.
-Left Celadon and went to Saffron.
-After learning the Fighting gym was too strong for me, I entered the Silph Co. and beat most of the trainers there.
-Went and challenged my rival, but his pokemon were a way higher level than everything else so I'll beat him later.
-Got my third PP Up in the Silph Co., and used it on Poison Sting so now it has 56 PP.
-Beat the Snorlax to the west of Celadon. Earlier I couldn't beat him because he had Immunity (seriously this must be one of the only times in the series that Immunity actually helps someone). This time he didn't have it so I won.
-Beat the Snorlax to the east by running away from it (lol)
-Got the Old and Super Rods
-Went and caught a bunch of random pokemon to get 30 in the Pokedex...
-...so I could go get the Itemfinder, Flash, and the Everstone from Oak's Aide.
-Used the Itemfinder to get both Leftovers, and gave one to Weedle. Finally a held item that actually does something useful!
-Switched around my HM slaves, since I ended up trading my Spearow for a Farfetch'd named Ch'Ding to fill the Pokedex more(ingame trade, not with another game). Now my slaves are Wigglytuff (Strength, Flash), Farfetch'd (Fly, Cut), and Vaporeon(Surf)
-Went and beat some of the trainers on Cycling Road.
-Saved there, Weedle is now level 57.

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
I've found out soloing with Riolu would be very hard, seeing it doesn't get a good ifghting move out of the brick break TM. So I will look for another pokemon to do an ultimate solo with, you will hear from me when i've found one :)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #3.

Final Update (#4) on Platinum.
  • Beat up Galctic HQ, Cyrus and Saturn didn't stand a chance.
  • Climbed Mt. Coronet, cue epic cutscreen.
  • Distortion World! Cyrus was easy.
  • Made my way to Sunyshore City and creamed Volkner.
  • Victory Road time! And done in a flash. Gave Excalibur the Sky Plate to hold.
  • Mordred is way too easy with Aerial Ace.
  • Elite Four:
    Aaron: Aerial Ace all the way.
    Bertha: Swords Dance, then Aerial Ace and/or Brick Break.
    Flint: Brick Break for Houndoom, Aerial Ace for the rest.
    Lucian: X-Scissor cut them all down.
    And finally, Cynthia the Champion:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:

ultsolo3sinnohhof.png

Team Arthur (Final):
Spr_4p_123_f.png

Excalibur the Adamant Scyther, ♀ - L84 @ Sky Plate
Ability: Technician
Moves: Aerial Ace, Brick Break, X-Scissor, Swords Dance
Final Stats: 256/253/174/93/149/223

Slaves:
Spr_4p_387.png
Spr_4p_396_m.png
Spr_4p_400_m.png

Turtwig - Rock Smash, Flash, Cut, Strength [boxed]
Starly - Fly, Defog [boxed]
Bibarel - Surf, Rock Climb, Waterfall [boxed]

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Ultimate Solo Challenge Update #8 with Weedle on LeafGreen

I'm having tons of fun with this, lol. Here's another big update:

-I continued on to Fuschia City, and got Surf & Strength with the Safari Zone quest.
-Then I entered the gym, and beat a bunch of guys in there since there was more psychic pokemon that poison almost.
-One trainer had 2 Arboks and a Sandslash. The Sandslash used multiple Sand-Attacks on me. When I got to the second Arbok, I was in trouble. I had on Weedle 3+ Sand Attacks, 2 Intimidates, and 3 Screeches. That's when I learned an amazing trick. I ran out of PP and started using Struggle. It did tons of damage to him, and allowed me to pretty much sweep the whole gym. Since then I haven't been using anything else. I have a picture of me beating Koga at the bottom of this post.
-With Struggle's awesome power (Seriously, it's just stupid lol) I went and cleared all the TR Grunts I hadn't beaten in the Silph Co, and all the guys I skipped on Cycling Road.
-I traveled south, and cleared all the trainers on the way to Cinnabar Island, passing through Seafoam Islands on the way.
-I got the key from the mansion, and beat all the trainers in there.
-I went and beat all the trainers except the leader in Blaine's gym.
-Since I needed to be a higher level to compete with Blaine, I went and beat my rival in the Silph Co, and Giovanni, so I got Lapras and the Master Ball.
-I still needed to level up, so I beat the Fighting Dojo, and Sabrina's gym. As I was exiting the battle screen for Sabrina, I realized I hadn't taken a screen shot, so instead I took a picture of her explaining the Marshbadge to me, which is at the bottom of this post.
-I then went and found 2 Rare Candies I had missed, and used them and another I had so Weedle could level up more.
-Finally I could beat Blaine, but only by stalling out Growlithe's 5 Fire Blasts, then using Guard Spec (Arcanine has Intimidate) and 6 X Attacks, and a Dire Hit, and then OHKO everyone. Arcanine needed a critical hit because he was just that strong. There's a picture of that too at the bottom of the post.
-Bill dragged me off to the Sevii Islands. It was kinda annoying since I wanted to go fight the 8th gym, and my HM Slaves weren't with me. I hadn't ever been there before since I've only beaten the original Blue, not the remake.
-After that I went to the 8th gym, which really wasn't hard at all since ground doesn't do much to Weedle, especially with his great defense. I beat Giovanni on my first try (pic at bottom again).
-As of now I'm saved right before I fight my rival again, with Weedle at level 83.

Here's the four pictures (Because somehow in 8 updates, 4 of the gym leaders are in 1 update). As before, the reason the quality sucks is because I play on an actual GBA, not an emulator, so my pictures are taken with a cell phone camera.
Koga: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/S_K_F/koga.jpg
Sabrina: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/S_K_F/sabrina.jpg
Blaine: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/S_K_F/blaine.jpg
Giovanni: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/S_K_F/giovanni.jpg

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Good news everyone!

pokemonblue01.png

Bad news is: Vileplume time. I hate Grass types (that aren't Parasect)

Edit for great justice: Yup, I absolutely hate Grass Types. Mt. Moon was hell. Absorb against Zubats is just pathetic. Acid isn't much better. Somehow, I've made it all the way to the Pokemon Tower with a Vileplume at about lv. 50. Still can't one hit the Gastlys that trainers have...

I ran out of PP and started using Struggle. It did tons of damage to him, and allowed me to pretty much sweep the whole gym. Since then I haven't been using anything else.

I guess its pretty nice that you can just buy tons and tons of Hyper Potions and not bother worrying about PP. I think I'll probably end up doing that for my Magikarp run.

Glorious God-Edit:
pokemonblue01.png

Time for Mr. Parasect.

Last edited:

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
I guess its pretty nice that you can just buy tons and tons of Hyper Potions and not bother worrying about PP. I think I'll probably end up doing that for my Magikarp run.

It really is, especially when I can sell all my TMs, Revives, evolution stones, and Antidotes to get more Hyper Potion money.

Ultimate Solo Challenge Update #9 with Weedle

Well, I had thought this would be the last update for LeafGreen, but it's the second last. This update may look huge, but I got barely anything done. Here's how it went.

-Upon starting out, I realized I had an unused Rare Candy. So I went and leveled up once in Victory Road & then used it.
-Then I entered the Elite 4 at level 88.
-Lorelei was pretty easy. I used 6 X Attacks and a Dire Hit, and proceeded to OHKO her whole team, except for Cloyster and Slowbro which were taken down over multiple turns with Hyper Potions to help me.
-Bruno was really easy. Even before I used X Defense his Onix was no match. Other than his first Onix, I OHKO'd his whole team too.
-Agatha was even easier. Gengar used Double Team 5 times while I set up, but after I broke through that I beat her on the first try.
-Lance I had to try twice. Dragonite was really hard, until he decided to use Safeguard instead of Outrage (lol what). I OHKO'd his whole team too.
-I forgot to take screenshots of everyone but Agatha, I'll put hers in the next update.

-Now... I'm saved in front of the door to my rival's room. This fight is so hard it's insane, which is why this update is so small. I've been trying to film this fight and put it on Youtube, so you guys can see it when it's done. The problem is actually winning. Here's how it usually goes. He sends out Pidgeot. I use Guard Spec. every 5 turns to block Featherdance and Sand-Attack, while I use Hyper Potions to stay alive, 2 X Defense so I don't die, and 6 X Attacks with a Dire Hit. After that, I use Struggle and get Pidgeot into the yellow. Even getting this far is somewhat of an accomplishment since many many times I get critical'd with Aerial Ace and die. Then I kill Pidgeot. He sends out Alakazam, I OHKO it. Then he sends out Arcanine. If I attack, he loses a little more than half his health. He also uses Flamethrower every time, which can OHKO me from full health, and has no chance of missing. The only way I can beat Arcanine is by critical hitting him, which is way harder than it needs to be. If I succeed, he sends out Rhydon and I go up to level 90. It's super-weak, so I use a Guard Spec. so he doesn't use Scary Face and then heal and kill it. This takes a few turns since using 2 Struggles gets him into the red and he usually uses his Full Restores here. Then it's Exeggutor. I attack it, he Egg Bombs for almost no damage, and then I kill it. Finally, he sends out Blastoise. This one is like Arcanine. He uses Hydro Pump, and even though it has only 80 accuracy I've never seen him miss with it yet. If I have full health, I can live through Hydro Pump at about 30 health. I've only gotten this far twice. The second time, I tried to stall out his 5 Hydro Pumps by healing. After the third, he Rain Danced so he was strong enough to OHKO me. My only hope was to use Struggle AND critical hit him. I attacked... and actually got the critical! But then he lived with an amount of health so small I had no doubt in my mind I had won until he started to attack again. With no more than 5 HP, he used Hydro Pump and hit me. This wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't the final boss. I even went out and bought SoulSilver today so I could start tomorrow, but now I have to finish LeafGreen first. I'm might let him kill me so I can go level up in the Sevii Islands, but idk if that would help since I'm probably not going to suddenly be able to OHKO Arcanine after 11 more levels.

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
So I did a Green Solo challenge today at school because it was the last day and I had nothing to do, and I, in fact, finished it with Venusaur. I could just tell you the plot of Green, but I'd just like to say how confusing it was with all the translations in it.

Team:
Spr_1g_003.png

Flowe (Venusaur) Lv68.
Moves: Electric Power (Mega Drain), Raid (Take Down), Sleep Powder (Sleep Powder), Leaf-Cut Machine (Razor Leaf).
XHa4d.png
DqtsM.png

Years
Delaying my Ninetales run because I really dislike Victory Road in R/B/Y.

I did, however, complete a run with Scyther on Ruby.
scytherrubysolochampion.png
scytherrubysolochamppic.png

and his stats
scytherrubysolostats1.png
scytherrubysolostats2.png

He has 5 ribbons cause of the contests :)

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Ultimate Solo Challenge Update #10 with Weedle

I did it! LeafGreen is finally conquered! I managed to get lucky on Arcanine with a critical, and to beat Blastoise I stalled with Hyper Potions through all 5 of his Hydro Pumps. I also took a video of the battle and uploaded it to Youtube for all to see. All but 1 of the pictures from this update, and the video, were taken on a Game Boy Player with a Gamecube so that they would be easier to see. Here are the last pictures/video from LeafGreen (i forgot to get pictures of lorelei/bruno/lance, sorry).

Video of me beating Champion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgB6N0ZdG2Q
Me beating Agatha: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/S_K_F/Agatha.jpg
Hall of Fame 1: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/S_K_F/HallofFame1.jpg
Hall of Fame 2: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/S_K_F/HallofFame2.jpg
Weedle's final stats - Page 1: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/S_K_F/WeedlesFinalStats1.jpg
Weedle's final stats - Page 2: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/S_K_F/WeedlesFinalStats2.jpg

So after that, I started into SoulSilver. I picked Totodile as my starter since in this game, your starter choice only affects their starter, not half their team. This way he uses a starter that Weedle is supereffective against. I went through all the boring beginning-of-the-game-why-can't-i-have-the-running-shoes-or-poke-balls stuff. I caught a Weedle with an Impish nature, so that's a plus. Then I grinded a bit so Weedle could actually kill something (he couldn't even stop Joey's Rattata at first) and then I made my way to Violet City. I beat the guys in Sprout Tower, and the gym trainers. I can't beat Falkner yet, but after that the game should be easy. This is the only Johto gym that's supereffective against Weedle, and I just recently got Bug Bite (finally, a move with more than 20 power that isn't Struggle).

Last edited:

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Ultimate Solo Challenge Update #11 with Weedle

Ah, there we go, other people posted. I was waiting for someone else to update before I did again. As a result, this is one of my biggest updates.

-So I went in and beat Falkner, thanks to X Special Defense, those X items are so good in Gen 2.
-Walked to Azalea, and did the Slowpoke Well thing.
-Beat all the gym trainers, but couldn't beat Bugsy, so I tried to leave town.
-Then there was my rival. I had to reset the game repeatedly until he decided not to use Curse with Gastly. Curse damage + Reflect + Bayleef healing with Synthesis isn't very easy to beat.
-Went back and beat Bugsy.
-Got through the Ilex Forest, beat a bunch of trainers, and got to Goldenrod.
-Went to the Department Store and bought a bunch of Lemonades.
-I beat Whitney fairly easily. Everyone always complains about her Miltank, but that was the easiest gym so far for me.
-Beat most of the trainers between Goldenrod/Ecruteak. There were way more than I expected.
-Entered the Bug-Catching Contest and lost with a Beedrill.
-Tried to fight my rival in the Burned Tower, but he was too strong, so I left town.
-Went and beat all the trainers between Ecruteak and Olivine.
-Beat all the trainers in the Lighthouse.
-Went east from Ecruteak and beat some trainers between there and Mahogany.
-Beat trainers on the way up to the Lake of Rage.
-THEN I went and beat my rival since I had leveled up quite a bit now.
-Beat Morty. Only problems I had were Haunter taking forever to kill since he spams Hypnosis, and Gengar being way too strong so I had to use 3 X Special Defenses.
-Went and beat some of the swimming trainers, and got to Cianwood.
-Got the SecretPotion and the Shuckle (which got boxed) and left the fight with Eusine alone for now.
-Beat all the Gym 5 trainers and Chuck.
-Went and sold TMs, and I accidentially sold Flash. That'll be fun later.
-Went and handed over the SecretPotion, and then challenged Jasmine.
-That's where I am now. I have to use X S.D. just to live through Magnemite's Thunderbolt, and Steelix has so much Defense I can barely hurt him. It's enough that I can still win though.

Here's the pictures from this update. I forgot to take one for Whitney. The ones for Morty and Chuck are in worse quality than normal since the text auto-scrolls when you have it on fast so I barely had time to get into my cell phone's camera. Also, myrrhman, I'm not listed as having beat Kanto yet.

Falkner: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/S_K_F/1205111045a_254515.jpg
Bugsy: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/S_K_F/1206110033a_301789.jpg
Morty: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/S_K_F/1207110824a_235041.jpg
Chuck: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn205/S_K_F/1208110925a_273882.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back