• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Crash Bandicoot vs. Spyro the Dragon - GCC [Week 11]

Who will win?

• Crash Bandicoot

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Spyro the Dragon

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
While I've never actually played either of these games - wasn't as devoted into PlayStation products back in the day - Crash gets my vote. I've always thought he was super zany, while Spyro just seems dopey in my opinion. Plus, Crash seems to be more relevant.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Only thing I remember about these two is playing some Spyro on a hotel TV in Washington D.C. (either there or Cleveland), so he gets my vote for that sweet 6 minutes of nostalgia.

Years
Both games have been literally my gaming childhood, and they both have their positives, with Spyro having the great open-world level designs while Crash has been a cult classic with some great level gimmicks (the racing games are also great).

Crash was the one I played more of the games, so I guess I'll hand it to the zany orange bandicoot.

Nero

I like it.
Years
One reduced to remakes, the other becoming a side character in his own series' spin-off. Poor PlayStation stars gone wrong.

Spyro gets my vote for this one, not much of a fan of Crash while I've got fond memories of Spyro's series. Or some of it, at least.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I have played Crash 2 to 100% and Crash 3 to 110% (It's a thing), so I think Crash wins it for me. I love those games and Crash is the kewlest 90s kid evar! I do love Spyro too though.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Spyro definitely wins it for me. Playing just the PS1 era of both series (thank god), I was much more excited for Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon than I was for any of the crash games. Although, crash bash and crash team racing got a good couple of years in there. Still, Spyro was much cooler.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I've played bits of both game franchises, and I think in terms of versatility, Spyro would win hands down. Plus I just like Spyro so much more... The old Spyro anyway. The new Spyro is kinda lame.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
this isn't even a question. crash all the way.

blue

gucci
Years
Damn, this really is a tough one.

These two are like my childhood video game legends aside from Pokémon. I grew up playing both of these on the PS1 for years and I found both trilogy of games to be equally as enjoyable and time-consuming. I guess if I had to pick one then it would be Crash Bandicoot purely for the fact that the N. Sane Trilogy is coming out soon which looks dope, and the fact that Crash Team Racing is one of the best racing games to date.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Definitely Spyro. The Crash games were amazing, but Spyro beats it hands down for exploration, storytelling, characters, etc. Crash games always felt like simple sidescrollers to me (even though I realise that, by CB2, they'd progressed far past that) whereas Spyro always existed in a larger, more complete world with a lot more variety in challenges and scenarios; much less a case of "here's a level, beat it".

That said, Crash was always a much better challenge; I played through CB2 last year and it's a huge challenge even today. Spyro, on the other hand, is comparatively straightforward.

Bear in mind I'm limiting this answer to Spyro, Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 vs CB2 and CB3 as those are the games I've played extensively and remember well.

I've come to a similar conclusion in that I prefer Crash out of the two. He had much better spin-off games and also he didn't turn into Skylanders.............

Don't even think about pretending that this wasn't intentional.

Back