• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✝ Obscuring Mist ✝ Ghost Pokemon Fan-Club.

Years

Untitled-4_zps6cnkqoqi.png

The Ghost Pokemon Fan-Club
Untitled-8_zpsrp0qn9du.png
Welcome
This is the official Ghost Pokemon fan-club! We focus on the Ghost-type of the Pokemon Franchise. You are welcome to join and post about everything related with the current topics. We will have a variation of club activities, feel free to come up with new topics.
Rules
✝ Follow all of PC's and Pokemon Clubs' rules. ✝
✝ Please don't spam, troll or harass. ✝
✝ Try to keep active! ✝
✝ Everyone can choose two partner Pokemon from the list upon joining ✝
✝ Enjoy! ✝
Sign-Up Form
Username:
Partner Pokemon:
Reason for joining:
Answer the current topic!
Ghost Pokemon
You can pick two partners

92.gif
93.gif
94.gif
200.gif
429.gif
292.gif
302.gif
353.gif
354.gif
355.gif
356.gif
477.gif
425.gif
426.gif
442.gif
478.gif
479.gif
487.gif
562.gif
563.gif
592-f.gif
592.gif
593-f.gif
593.gif
607.gif
608.gif
609.gif
622.gif
623.gif
679.gif
680.gif
681.gif
708.gif
709.gif
710-super.gif
711-super.gif
720.gif

Current Topics
The Pokemon of Once Upon a Time
Your favourite ghost pokemon pokedex entries!
Creepy-pasta involving Ghost-Pokemon
Favourite Ghost-type pokemon
Past Topics
Favourite Ghost-type Move
Haunter
Mismagius
~
Once Upon a Time, There Lived a Pokemon Called;
Chandelure
609Chandelure.png
Members List
Our Members!
Precious~Dark
354.png
592-f.png

Google2.0
710.png
092.png

AmourPearlShipper
094.png
563.png

Hikamaru
609.png
593.png

Wicked3DS
094.png
609.png

Peitharchia
477.png

AmericanWonderland
094.png
354.png

Azuhime
094MS.png
478MS.png

TwilightBlade
354-m.png
478MS.png

GhostTrainer
094MS.png
477MS.png

H.A.N.
609.png
709.png

Aslan
093MS.png
479MS.png

Gray-_-Hatred
093MS.png

User Bars

Thank you, TwilightBlade for providing these wonderful User bars. ^-^

Last edited:

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
Years
Username: Google2.0 / Ico

Partner Pokemon: Pumpkaboo Gastly

Reason for joining: Ghost types were always one of my favorites. I love their design and they represent well the creepy side of pokemon, i mean just read some of the pokedex entries :p

Answer the current topic! Favourite Ghost-type pokemon and move:
I'll have to go with Pumpkaboo, i like it's design and it just looks soo cute, as for the favorite ghost type move, that would be shadow ball. It's the first move that comes to mind when i think of ghost types.

Years
Username: Google2.0 / Ico

Partner Pokemon: Pumpkaboo Gastly

Reason for joining: Ghost types were always one of my favorites. I love their design and they represent well the creepy side of pokemon, i mean just read some of the pokedex entries :p

I'll have to go with Pumpkaboo, i like it's design and it just looks soo cute, as for the favorite ghost type move, that would be shadow ball. It's the first move that comes to mind when i think of ghost types.

Welcome and Thank you for joining Obscuring Mist, You are the first member to join ^-^

Pumpkaboo is one of my favourites, it looks so cute and it comes in different sizes.

Shadow ball is very handy.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Username: AmourPearlShipper / TORNADUS-T LOL

Partner Pokemon: Gengar and Cofagrigus.

Reason for joining: Ghost is my favourite type overall due to their theme and their usefulness in battle.

Gengar by far, he's the biggest troll in Pokemon, just look at that face. My third favourite Pokemon overall, and the fact that he's so good in battle (his mega evo was almost banned from ubers!) just tops it off.

Years
Username: Hikamaru
Partner Pokemon: Chandelure and Jellicent
Reason for joining: Ghost-types have unique designs, type combinations and they can perform a wide variety of roles in battle whether offensively or defensively.

Answer the current topic! Favourite Ghost-type Pokemon and move:
My all-time fave Ghost-type has to be the Litwick line, because not only is Litwick itself so adorable, but it evolves into Chandelure which is a very potent special powerhouse who also gives off a spooky image with its purple flames. I always find myself using one in pretty much any playthrough of a 5th Gen game because it always does a great job on my team. As for my fave Ghost-type move, it'd have to be Shadow Ball which is always a reliable move for any Ghost-type, especially the ones that use special attacks.

Years
Username: AmourPearlShipper / TORNADUS-T LOL

Partner Pokemon: Gengar and Co***rigus.

Reason for joining: Ghost is my favourite type overall due to their theme and their usefulness in battle.

Gengar by far, he's the biggest troll in Pokemon, just look at that face. My third favourite Pokemon overall, and the fact that he's so good in battle (his mega evo was almost banned from ubers!) just tops it off.

Welcome & Thank you for joining.

I can see what you mean with his expression being a bit of a troll-face but overall very cool looking pokemon. : )

Years
Username: Hikamaru
Partner Pokemon: Chandelure and Jellicent
Reason for joining: Ghost-types have unique designs, type combinations and they can perform a wide variety of roles in battle whether offensively or defensively.

Answer the current topic! Favourite Ghost-type Pokemon and move:
My all-time fave Ghost-type has to be the Litwick line, because not only is Litwick itself so adorable, but it evolves into Chandelure which is a very potent special powerhouse who also gives off a spooky image with its purple flames. I always find myself using one in pretty much any playthrough of a 5th Gen game because it always does a great job on my team. As for my fave Ghost-type move, it'd have to be Shadow Ball which is always a reliable move for any Ghost-type, especially the ones that use special attacks.

Welcome & Thank you for joining.

The Litwick-line is very useful and one of my favourites to use in gen 5, they introduced a lot of great ghost-type pokemon. I haven't played gen 5 without a Chandelure in my party.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Username: Wicked3DS
Partner Pokemon: Gengar and Chandelure
Reason for joining: I don't like a ton of the Ghost-types, but I love the concept of Ghost-types and they are really cool.

Favorite Ghost-type Pokémon: Gengar has to be my favorite, it's very strong and learns some great moves as well as always looking like it's up to no good like a Ghost-type should.

Favorite Ghost-type Move: I've always been a fan of the classic Shadow Ball because it's' the ol' standby as they like to say, strong and reliable. Shadow Sneak is also a cool concept even though it's not very powerful, it totally fits the Ghost-type characteristics.

Pokemon of the Month: Haunter: As I said earlier, Gengar is my favorite, but Haunter is awesome in its own right as well. It's got a great design and it also looks like it's up to no good. It somehow looks even a bit creepier than Gengar if you ask me.

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
Years
Pokemon of the Month: Haunter: As I said earlier, Gengar is my favorite, but Haunter is awesome in its own right as well. It's got a great design and it also looks like it's up to no good. It somehow looks even a bit creepier than Gengar if you ask me.

It sure does, just remember the first gen sprite. That is one creepy looking pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Peitharchia.
Partner Pokémon: Dusknoir.

Favorite ghost-type Pokémon and move?
There is a lot for me when it comes to favorite ghost-type Pokémon, and from top of my head, one would definitely have to be Dusknoir.

Dusknoir's overall appearance seems to be pretty unique to me, all-in-all; we've never had any other Pokémon looking like it. It seems to suit Dusknoir nicely, too; while battling, this Pokémon is meant to be portrayed as more or less a tank, and when we do look, most of us would instantly think it to be as one.

Alongside above, I'm a big fan of Gengar as well. Competitively, it has great capabilities--we would be able to take down a handful of opposing Pokémon relying solely on Gengar--and in-anime, its appearances weren't too bad, either. Although it wasn't there as much as some other Pokémon seemed to have, when it did appear, moments were kind of memorable to me.

Years
Username: Wicked3DS
Partner Pokemon: Gengar and Chandelure
Reason for joining: I don't like a ton of the Ghost-types, but I love the concept of Ghost-types and they are really cool.

Favorite Ghost-type Pokémon: Gengar has to be my favorite, it's very strong and learns some great moves as well as always looking like it's up to no good like a Ghost-type should.

Favorite Ghost-type Move: I've always been a fan of the classic Shadow Ball because it's' the ol' standby as they like to say, strong and reliable. Shadow Sneak is also a cool concept even though it's not very powerful, it totally fits the Ghost-type characteristics.

Welcome & Thank you for joining. ^-^

I like the idea of Shadow sneak and the animation they used in AS/OR. I wished the move it-self was a little bit more powerful. Phantom Force looks similar but it takes a extra turn but it is a lot more powerful.

Yes, Haunter looks a bit more creepy and more ghost-like with his hands that are separated from his body.

May I ask why you don't like a lot of ghost-type pokemon and which are you favourite and least favourite?

Username: Peitharchia.
Partner Pokémon: Dusknoir.

Favorite ghost-type Pokémon and move?
There is a lot for me when it comes to favorite ghost-type Pokémon, and from top of my head, one would definitely have to be Dusknoir.

Dusknoir's overall appearance seems to be pretty unique to me, all-in-all; we've never had any other Pokémon looking like it. It seems to suit Dusknoir nicely, too; while battling, this Pokémon is meant to be portrayed as more or less a tank, and when we do look, most of us would instantly think it to be as one.

Alongside above, I'm a big fan of Gengar as well. Competitively, it has great capabilities--we would be able to take down a handful of opposing Pokémon relying solely on Gengar--and in-anime, its appearances weren't too bad, either. Although it wasn't there as much as some other Pokémon seemed to have, when it did appear, moments were kind of memorable to me.

Hello, Thank you for joining ^-^

Dusknoir is one of the best evolution (of the old pokemon) introduced in gen 4 in my opinion of course... It is quite a unique looking pokemon and I like the yellow/gold details they put into his design, It fits the Duskull evolution line.

Years
I know you already know but:

Pokemon of the month
Spoiler:

Haunter

Haunter (Japanese: ゴースト Ghost) is a dual-type Ghost/Poison Pokémon.
It evolves from Gastly starting at level 25 and evolves into Gengar when traded.

Pokedex:

"Its tongue is made of gas. If licked, its victim starts shaking constantly until death eventually comes."

"Haunter is a dangerous Pokémon. If one beckons you while floating in darkness, you must never approach it.
This Pokémon will try to lick you with its tongue and steal your life away."

"It likes to lurk in the dark and tap shoulders with a gaseous hand. Its touch causes endless shuddering."

Few questions:

Do you like Haunter? Why (not)?

Have you ever used the gastly-line in the games?

Do you think Haunter is a rememberable pokemon?

Add Something
(if you like)...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I do like Haunter, yep. It's a ghost, and when I look, it does remind me of this particular type-group!

Haunter evolves into Gengar, which, as I've said in my previous post, is one of my most favorite ghost-types out there, right beside Dusknoir. Aside from that, the Pokémon seems to have access to some decent moves, too, as well as some great stats (at least for a middle-stage evolution).

Although Haunter did not make much appearances in their anime series, I still appreciate all the moments it had provided us when it did appear. If you ask me, they were memorable. I'm not sure if they'll be bringing Haunter back again at some point in future, even for an episode, but it would be intriguing to see how they'd take it if they do.

AmericanWonderland

Sassmaster
Years
Username: AmericanWonderland
Partner Pokemon: Banette and Gengar
Reason for joining: I really love ghost types! Always have, and always will.

Pokemon of the Month: Haunter
Do you like Haunter? Why (not)?
Yes! It's one of my favorite pokemon, and the reason I fell in love with ghost types, actually.

Have you ever used the gastly-line in the games?
Yeah! Every game that I've played I used the gastly line!

Do you think Haunter is a rememberable pokemon?
Most definitely, from the games, the manga, or the anime, all of Haunters' appearances are memorable to me.

Favorite Ghost Type Move
I'd have to say Curse, as I love status moves like that that can inflict continuous damage.

Favorite Ghost Type Pokemon
I really love Banette, it has such an awesome design, and it's Pokedex entry makes it so much creepier and likeable as a ghost type.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Username: Azuhime
Partner Pokemon: Gengar and Froslass
Reason for joining: I enjoy the ghost type Pokemon because they have an immunity to Normal type.

Pokemon of the Month: Haunter is quite sweet, and when I was playing my Soul Silver Pokemon game, I had one on my team. I enjoyed having him there, and he helped me catch the Legendary Dogs with Mean Look. Woo.

Favorite Ghost Type Move: Shadow Claw has always been my favorite because of it's name. I used to go on a Warrior Cats forum before my wrist pains started, and the cats usually have a two part name, and Shadowclaw fit.

Favortie Ghost Type Pokemon: Gengar, because it has a mega evolution that looks okay. Gengar has been the first ghost chain with cool-looking ghost-types that aren't derpy like the newer ones.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Shadow Claw's undoubtedly one of the greatest ghost-type moves we have right now, and am sure many of us could agree with it. Although this attack might not have any opponent-stat-reducing or status-inducing effect, it does have high rate of landing critical hit, which is a great thing, as it could lend some major help on breaking stall and whatnot. Also, welcome to our club, Wonderland and Azuhime!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Username: TwilightBlade
Partner Pokemon:
354-m.png
478.png

Reason for joining: I've only recently started noticing Ghost Pokemon after hatching a shiny Pumpkaboo and just going wild over that. Using Dusknoir on my ORAS run was probably the first time I used a Ghost type on my main team. Ghost types are truly scarce, but each one is interesting. I regret not being able to use many of these before despite being fascinated with their designs.

Favorite Ghost Type Pokemon:
qcU4bYM.png

Banette appeals to me because it's a possessed plush doll. It received a much deserved Mega form that expanded its specific traits without adding unnecessary spikes/tattoos/flowing hair and whatnot. I also love the purple.

hODOv9f.gif

Froslass is truly elegant and mysterious with a great design. I love the ice crystals on the top of her head, the ice patterns on her kimono, and love the red sash on her stomach.

itqNy7u.gif

Chandelure has a wickedly cool design as a haunted chandelier. The design of its face and mouth add a lot of character to this Pokemon. Again, I'm loving the purple here.

Favorite Ghost Type Move:
Shadow Ball. It was the first real Ghost type move introduced besides something like Gastly's Lick, Night Shade, and Confuse Ray. So, I'll always associate this as my favorite Ghost attack. It has a great move animation in GSC where it turned the screen black.

Username: AmericanWonderland
Partner Pokemon: Banette and Gengar

Username: Azuhime
Partner Pokemon: Gengar and Froslass
Hello fellow fans of Banette and Froslass!

I suppose I'll have to post my thoughts on Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar at some later point. I forgot Gengar even had a Mega evolution. :P

Years
Username: GhostTrainer
Partner Pokemon: Gengar & Duscnoir
Reason for joining: Love Ghost Pokemon
Favourite Ghost-type pokemon- Probably Giratina, I really love his design.

Back