• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Essentials PBS Editor

Years
It looks like the directory is in the Onedrive folder correct? (Going by the sync icons)
Have you tried running the application from a regular directory?

Yep, I tried. This folder are synchronized on my Google Drive, but isn't the root folder of the Drive, just a regular folder on my desktop.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Yep, I tried. This folder are synchronized on my Google Drive, but isn't the root folder of the Drive, just a regular folder on my desktop.

Do you have a stable internet connection? One that is strong enough to download files?
Another issue could be anti-virus/Firewall. Disable any you have and try again.

Last edited:
Years
I Download it but when i will open the Program it`s say: can`t find any txt Data.
But i have all txt Game Files, what do i wrong ?"

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I Download it but when i will open the Program it`s say: can`t find any txt Data.
But i have all txt Game Files, what do i wrong ?"

I assume you've read and followed the instructions properly?

Q0jmcMl.png

Marohak

Asker of Dumb Questions
Years
Yep, this is a known bug. This program is currently no longer supported, though, as I'm rewriting it. I think I'll have an open beta for it in a month or two? one? Depends on how motivated I am to work on it.

Soooo, how motivated were you to rewrite it? XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
one problem i have is that a base stat of 0 causes an error.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 29, 2018
I have an error when I select the pokemon editor appears a error saying failed to read ID for iteration 897, I see the pokemon with the ID but i dont have errors, any ideas why that error appears?

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2023
I have a error message when i choose the trainer editor

Trainer editor: something went wrong whilist loading "trainers.txt" this line appears to be invalid: RIVAL1

I created that trainer type and i see if anything wrong with that line but no, i dont see any errors in that line.

Edit: the error was a problem with the trainers.txt but now its fixed

Hey all, sorry for the necro.
I'm having this same issue that I quoted. Trainer editor not working and says line is invalid but there is nothing wrong with the line. I even tried changing the line by just adding a random letter or two, and then it says another seemingly random line is invalid.

Does anyone know what to do to fix this?
I know the OP said they are no longer supporting it, but its such a great tool I'd love to try to continue using it!

Years
this is an AMAZING project you guys have done so far :)

I have some suggestions tho for the encounters editor section? is it possible to make it read the PField_Encounters section of the script editor of rmxp (or equiv of what people use) at all? I have added multiple encounter types to accommodate the amount of extra pokemon going into my personal game and I have also increased the EncTypeChances (and equiv scripts to accommodate even this) to out of 300 instead of out of 100 like normal. I know this project is a big one as it is, but it would be awesome if it could read the script editor files and adjust to suit. :)

Thanks so much for making this project as it is still :)

Marohak

Asker of Dumb Questions
Years
Hey. I'm just getting back into Essentials.

This looks like a great, but just want to find out if there's been a fix for the "failed to parse height" bug?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 3, 2023
I am not able to use PBS, because it is requesting files in .txt, how do I solve this?

Amethystio

HeartGold
Years
Hi, I downloaded this and it says "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. The system cannot find the file specified." What do I do?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 10, 2021
Hi, I downloaded the PBS+ Editor, it open fine but don't save the things I editted. Like Item Editor.
It works on any Pokémon Fan Game?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 12, 2020
This program does not work no matter what I do. I try to edit a pokemon but every time it click pokemon editor it say "Failed to read ID for iteration", and the game i'm using is Pokemon Wack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen May 28, 2022
This is working perfectly! But I would like to know if there will ever be a way to add Forms (Megas) to Pokemon in the v17 way using this software

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I downloaded and followed your instructions, but somehow i still miss some "editorinfo.txt"
Any advice?

Back