• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Gengar's Story:Tales of The Eterna Forest

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
Welcome,people.As you know,I'm new to the pC forums,and also new to fanfiction.This will be my first fanfic,and to start it off,I'll be writing about a gengar,who's had an eventful past and would like to share his story with us.There will be the usage of damn and crap,and maybe usage of other words,not too foul though.Just read along.

"Greetings,human.My name is Toxball,I'm a pokemon some of you humans would call Gengar.I'm a ghost who also has some poison,if you dont know.I'll be glad to share my past with you.Perhaps it will change your view on us pokemon."

Chapter 1:Eterna Forest
I lived in Eterna Forest,quite fitting for us ghost types.It was always dark,and I found lots of pokemon to play with.I had made lots of friends,I even had a group.We were called the 'Eterna Pranksters'.We used to play pranks on the other pokemon and travellers.Our group consisted of Wormbell,a wurmple,Munchy,a munchlax,Missy,a misdreavous,Resta,a Buneary,and me.I was a gastly at that time.

Gastly are just a ball of poison surrounded by gas.We are highly poisonous and can be very scary.We are still weak compared to other pokemon,but then ghost types are not used to fighting head front.They always rely on their deceptive skills.

We used to play tricks on a certain Rhyperior who lived at the edge of the forest.He was a very short tempered pokemon,and also real dumb.He slept half of the time,and the rest of the time he just used to smash into trees and show off moves that he deemed 'cool'.

But we always got on his nervesOur tricks would hurt his pride,and he never knew we were behind it.Our plan was this:Wormbell would spray strings on his face,Munchy would make him sleep,Missy would send magical leaves to hit him,I would use a curse to make him have nightmares,and resta would punch him with lots of power and run away.And by the time he would get up,we would have been far away for him to find out how he got hurt.

Some days our gang would just relax and have some fun.I would spar with missy,Munchy would roll and play around with resta,and Wormbell would munch on leaves and sleep.The forest was fun,it seemes like we would never suffer.

But during the day,I was less active,so i wouldnt spar with Missy much,and we usually just slept until the others woke us up.After some nap,we would go home,back to our families.

I had lots of fun during the night.My family went on a hunt,for any toxic wastes we could eat,and to scare away the humans.It was fun to see one of your kind coming up to us,and getting freaked out because he saw a 'ghost'.I never knew what they meant until later in my life...

There were also times when my parents were out somewhere,they said they had to attend a 'ghost meeting' in some mansion once in a week,and in such times,my big brother used to look after me.My big brother was what my parents termed an 'Almost matured gastly'.Id didnt know what that meant for now.But I alwas felt like a wimp.My brother was 3 times larger than me.I felt so small,so weak,so helpless.You humans would call that jealousy.But I always tried to take those thought out.

There were nice berries for us pokemon to eat if we didnt find other things.We used to feast on these berries.I liked sweet berries,they had a sweet aura around them.That great smell was enough to attract me towards them.I belive you humans call such pokemon cute,right?

There were also many humans who came into our forests.They used to capture many small pokemon and make them work hard and become stronger.I had pity for these pokemon,they were still quite young to be going through this.But then I used to watch in awe as they grew stronger,and stronger.They were strong enogh to even beat my strongest friend,Psydes,the Psyduck.He was a bit weird,always getting headaches,but he used to hang out with us when he was ok.He was really strong,he was the oldest in our group.He was about 13 years old now,and he knew a lot of moves a normal psyduck would not know.He knew scratch,growl,water gun,water pulse,headbutt,shadow claw,confusion and ice punch.He was magnificent.But he was a soft guy,and he only fought to protect anyone dear to him.He was our favourite.For him to have been defeated by humans,I thought that humans had some magical powers to make us strong.

Once I talked with one of the humans' pokemon.It was a weedle.I asked him about how humans trained them,and how kind they were.Weedle replied,"Well,young gastly,there are two types of humans.There are those who only think weare tools for their glory,and once they reach that point,they abandon us or even....*gulp* kill us."

I was shocked.Were humans this bad?Were they that dangerous?The weedle continued,"They even give us to other humans to get something they call precious.They are some small stones called money.But there are good humans as well,who try to be our friends,give us lots of food,make us stronger,and defeat people known as gyms.Those humans,you can trust."

I asked the weedle,"So,how is your human?Is he good?The weedle replied,"Well,he is weird.I mean,heis nice to me,but he gets real annoyed when I lose a battle.He makes me work extra hard to make me stronger,sometimes making me sleep in the middle of everything."

I told the weedle we may see each other again,and I left.It was nice knowing about humans.I guess they were'nt so bad after all.

Azurne

The Local Trickster
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 19, 2011
Bright Purple Text critically hits Azurne!

Azurne has fainted!

>Switch Reviewers

>Use Revive
>Run Away

In all seriousness, I think you'd best leave it at the default color, so poor people like me who have different layouts don't bleed from our eyes trying to read your story. :P

Now grammatically, you aren't so bad, but I think you forgot to use your space bar on many occasions, because after a punctuation point, there is always a space. It makes for a much cleaner read if you fix it.

Story-wise this was kinda cute. I can definitely tell how young Gastly is from the narration, simply because he's so naïve at this point. The whole beating up on Rhyperior was a bit much, and I hope he doesn't get bit in the butt by karma for it, hehe.

The ending however was a bit abrupt, and I don't know why you chose that spot to end it. Was the whole point of this story for Gastly to realize people weren't bad? There's really no closure here.

Keep working at it though. The only way you're going to get any better is by writing frequently.

-Azurne

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
Bright Purple Text critically hits Azurne!

Azurne has fainted!

>Switch Reviewers
>Use Revive
>Run Away

The ending however was a bit abrupt, and I don't know why you chose that spot to end it. Was the whole point of this story for Gastly to realize people weren't bad? There's really no closure here.

Keep working at it though. The only way you're going to get any better is by writing frequently.

-Azurne

Its only a chapter.So its like gaststly went away after that small chat with weedle.I'll think of another chapter now and just post it.

Back