• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Which legendary is best? legendary birds edition

Which bird is best?

• Articuno

Votes: 46 40.0%
  • Zapdos

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Moltres

Votes: 9 7.8%

• Total voters

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
Years
Love all three, but my favorite's gotta be Articuno. Always loved the cool, elegant design it has. <3 Soo pretty! Plus I love both Ice-types and Flying-types so it was a steal, heheh.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Love all three, but my favorite's gotta be Articuno. Always loved the cool, elegant design it has. <3 Soo pretty! Plus I love both Ice-types and Flying-types so it was a steal, heheh.

Ice/Flying definatly is a neat combination IMO.
Honestly suprised Moltres did so bad. I was expecting articuno to win.

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
Years
Articuno is undoubtedly the prettiest, but it's really fragile too. The typing of Zapdos is what makes it my favourite. The Thunderbird is a true threat.

Years
Zapdos is the one for me. It was there when was need and always helped no matter what. A must for my team in Gen I, back when I started playing and learning. Articuno was the prettiest one as well as the most mysterious one for me. It was going to be much better than Zapdos but ice type in general was like putting immediately in the corner. Ice type was supposed to be a tank. Moltres was not bad but it was not good either. It just happen to fall last in a serious competition xD

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Zapdos has the least counters and is good against most types of pokemon so all rounder a better pokemon I think!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 6, 2016
Articuno was the best because of the ice type and moves. Freezing is just broken in Gen 1.

Zapdos second best.

Moltres third, but had the potential for so much more. If only it learned flamethrower at Level 51 instead of Leer... Fire blast made it redeemable but you'd run out of PP on that move too fast for it to be really viable.

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
Years
Articuno for me, but Zapdos comes really close after it. Moltres never did it for me. While Articuno looks majestic and Zapdos looks like a badass, I always found Moltres to look weak compared to the other two.

Years
Zapdos grew to become my favorite. When I first played r/b/y I didn't give him a chance because I was judging based on my ideas of beauty. Articuno was an elegant Pokemon who even had a ravishing cry that sounded like a song. Moltres held some mystique for being a figure from mythology as a fire bird, I also liked how he was assiciated with the torch in the Pokemon league. But Zapdos I didn't know what to do with. Now I do know... and think he is the best of all :)

His attacks pack a whallop, he's the fastest of the three birds and also the most versatile. Rock is the only sure way to shut him down in gen 1. Every ice Pokemon in gen I is a hybrid weak to electricity except Jynx I think.

Years
Growing up, Zapdos was probably my favorite of the three, since I found it much more useful than Pikachu in my Pokemon Yellow playthrough, especially since you couldn't evolve it.

As time's gone on though, Articuno has become my favorite of the three. It has the most elegant design of the legendary birds, and is my favorite to use in battle (both in these and later games).

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
I personally find it difficult to decide which of the three legendary trio I would favorite due to the history I carry with them. Not only do I tend to switch between liking Articuno and Moltres, but thanks to Pokemon Go, I've seen my family split between the two birds hahaha.

I want to say Articuno. Not only does it carry my favorite color scheme, but its beauty really mesmerizes. <3

Tysoon

Banned
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Zapdos because he is realy atractive. I don't know his stats, i never played pokemon R/B/G/Y.

Back