• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Dawn & Dusk Versions

Name Change

• Total voters

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
Update getting closer to a beta as I have several new gym leaders completely done thanks to my artist he has done amazing work can't wait to show you guys on here the new process. Question and it's a big one do you guys want me to keep gen4 graphics or switch to modified gen3 graphics from a hack?

Depends how the tiles look and how long it'll set you back replacing the ones you have now.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Depends how the tiles look and how long it'll set you back replacing the ones you have now.

I was thinking of using the tiles from Pokemon python. Or possibly recoloring gen4 to make them custom as most people use hg/ss alot and I want to be original with the town, route, and city graphics.

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
I was thinking of using the tiles from Pokemon python. Or possibly recoloring gen4 to make them custom as most people use hg/ss alot and I want to be original with the town, route, and city graphics.

There really isn't no originality with tiles anymore anyways unless you make your own custom tiles and I don't mean recoloring them, so I say stick with the hg/ss ones.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Big Update: First off changed the names one last time and added a bunch of new things to the front page please go check it out when you get the chance.

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
KNS27 is here.

For someone who complains about "how bad Trainer Sprite" Don't worry, I've fix half of them.Now I'm doing Protagonist Sprite.Also be patient for the progress because I have Ton of Family business so it will take a week for one complete set Sprite (Overworld, Battle, and Vs Screen).But sooner or Later I'll Fix all of them.Thanks for your Patient

Also, I accept suggestion and Critics.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 1, 2019
Hey there. I want to let you know that Iove the enthusiasum you have for this game!

If the problem with your spriting is that you're using the program paint, may I suggest using a free program called Krita? Its very similar to photoshop and its completely free.

Congrats on doing this work by yourself! Its really hard to complete a full game by yourself.

Please consider googling pokemon tilesets deviantart free use/public use to see if anyone has posted anything up for grabs to use publicly, I know I have found a few on there so far. It will really improve your game.

The indoor tiles themselves look fine to me most people use those types. Just try to decorate them more and people should be happy. There are a few indoor tiles on deviantart you can grab also, it helps make things feel "new".

what I would do with the sprites you've colors is, put them in krita, choose a similar color pallette, and add some definition to the clothes themselves, for example, make the girls dress have a line that shows "wavyness" if you know what I mean.

Using paint is actually making your life harder. I know its a pain to learn a program like Krita, but it can help you a lot in comparison.

What would I do with the larger character sprites that show up before you battle? (i.e. the giant faces) is that I would go on the internet, grab an rpg face in the position you want, and change the hair and eyes etc and add the clothes you want. Then you'd have a more professional rpg anime face to go with your outfits.

Other than that;

Good luck with the game!

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
Hey there. I want to let you know that Iove the enthusiasum you have for this game!

If the problem with your spriting is that you're using the program paint, may I suggest using a free program called Krita? Its very similar to photoshop and its completely free.

Congrats on doing this work by yourself! Its really hard to complete a full game by yourself.

Please consider googling pokemon tilesets deviantart free use/public use to see if anyone has posted anything up for grabs to use publicly, I know I have found a few on there so far. It will really improve your game.

The indoor tiles themselves look fine to me most people use those types. Just try to decorate them more and people should be happy. There are a few indoor tiles on deviantart you can grab also, it helps make things feel "new".

what I would do with the sprites you've colors is, put them in krita, choose a similar color pallette, and add some definition to the clothes themselves, for example, make the girls dress have a line that shows "wavyness" if you know what I mean.

Using paint is actually making your life harder. I know its a pain to learn a program like Krita, but it can help you a lot in comparison.

What would I do with the larger character sprites that show up before you battle? (i.e. the giant faces) is that I would go on the internet, grab an rpg face in the position you want, and change the hair and eyes etc and add the clothes you want. Then you'd have a more professional rpg anime face to go with your outfits.

Other than that;

Good luck with the game!

Thanks for offering!! You know I need some character design since my Artblock Attacked me again and I'm not good on Character design.So you can give me some (simple)character design.So I can get inspiration and continue the work.You can PM me if you want help too.

Also, I make Sprite using Paint.net.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Sorry there's been no updates but with work and other things I haven't had time to work on the game still looking for someone to design maps.

Years
Lemme point out that some of the Pokémon in your roster are from Pokémon Vega and Pokémon Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians. You even renamed a few of them. There might be more that I'm not aware of. Did you ask for their permission?

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Lemme point out that some of the Pokémon in your roster are from Pokémon Vega and Pokémon Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians. You even renamed a few of them. There might be more that I'm not aware of. Did you ask for their permission?

Yes I do have permission from the creator. As for the names those were place holders till I got real English names for them.

Last edited:

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
Years
Not to be that guy... but who did you ask for the permission of the Pokemon sprites from Vega and the other rom hacks that team did? Last time I checked, the original Japanese team went entirely anonymous.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Not to be that guy... but who did you ask for the permission of the Pokemon sprites from Vega and the other rom hacks that team did? Last time I checked, the original Japanese team went entirely anonymous.

I have my sources that gave me permission to use them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 21, 2018
This development team has bad spriters; the most trainers are bad recolours and the fakemon are copied from Pokémon Vega.

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Working on moving the game to version 17.2 as soon as i get the script for my title screen to work right. Would you guys like a small demo of the game?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Which trainers are bad recolours? I've also been given permission to use the Vega sprites and the other Pokemon you see.

Hey, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread as I find it very unlikely that you got permission from Vega's creators to use their work. If I'm wrong, please go ahead and send me a PM showing me proof. Saying that you have your sources is not enough.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Reopening this under the assumption that the aforementioned stolen assets have been removed.

Back