Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

TrollandToad.com

Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:54 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Janp.
Audino master

Background music:
Spoiler:

Welcome to PokeCommunity’s Monthly-MiniChallenge Spooky Event!

What's This?
Every month, we will hold a mini-challenge that can be completed on an existing save, or in conjunction with a challenge you’re working on. But this time, we decided to bring you old school Holiday Event. Well, not just that... Now, let's see what's this all about...

Lavender Festival
You finally made it. You left dark caves of Rock Tunnel behind you and finally see light. Well, not that much light. The sky's purple!

'Ohhh, that's always like that, when the festival is near.' Says some behind you. You turn around and see old man, looking same direction as you did few moments earlier.

'If you're here for the Lavender Festival, I have bad news for you. Ghost Pokemon kidnapped Mr. Fuji and they're keeping him at Lavender Tower.' He points to the tower that you didn't notice before.

'Maybe you could go there and save him. Go!' Before you could say something, you find yourself inside the tower.

Wild Haunter appears!

Go... What? You don't have your Pokemon. The moment you realize that, the reality starts warping. You are back in Profesors' Lab and you're choosing your Starter Pokemon. You pick first Pokeball... and Ghastly appears. You pick second... and another Ghastly appears. You don't even bother with last and run out. And there, in tall grass, you see more Ghosts!

General rules:
- All main series games are allowed
- Unlike regular Monthly-Mini Challenge, you have to start new game this time and beat it
- You can trade/hack in one of your Pokemon as Starter Pokemon
- Normal and Fairy-Types and cute Pokemon are banned from this challenge
- This challenge will run October 1st to October 31st 2017

Let's get to the funny part

Team Building
- Your whole team must be based on these famous horror villains

Count Dracula - This Pokemon must know at least 1 HP-Draining move
Jason Voorhees - This Pokemon must belong to the Monster or Human-Like Egg Group and can only use slashing-like moves
Freddy Krueger - This Pokemon can't be Fire-Type. Also it must know at least 1 2-turns move
Pennywise (IT) - This Pokemon must belong to the Amorphous Egg Group and can't have STAB move. Also, it must have 2 damaging moves and 2 status moves
Pinhead - This Pokemon must have DEF as its hightest stat, and can only use Special moves
Samara - Must be be Water-Type and can only be caught by any of the rods

But that's not all! Now, pick your favourite horror movie/book/game/CreepyPastas (thanks [crystal]DyingWillFlareon[/crystal] for the idea) and create 1-3 rules for your run based on that movie.

And finally, sign-up:
Name:
Game:
Favourite Horror movie/book/game:
Additional rules:

Challengers:
Spoiler:
None yet

Champions:
Spoiler:
None yet

Relevant Advertising!

Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:42 AM).

Nature: Calm
    This looks awesome! Hopefully I'll be able to find some time to complete it

Question: I'm not actually a fan of horror movies, I think the only scary/horror movie I've ever actually enjoyed was Pan's Labyrinth, which I think technically isn't a horror movie (or not a "traditional" horror movie anyway). Would you count that?
    Old 2 Weeks Ago (8:43 AM).
    Audino master

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    This looks awesome! Hopefully I'll be able to find some time to complete it

Question: I'm not actually a fan of horror movies, I think the only scary/horror movie I've ever actually enjoyed was Pan's Labyrinth, which I think technically isn't a horror movie (or not a "traditional" horror movie anyway). Would you count that?
    Yep :) I also change that to include books and games too, so there would be more to choose from.

Also, my sign-up:

Name: Janp
    Game: X
    Favourite Horror movie/book/game: Friday the 13th
    Additional rules:
    - When any of my Pokemon faints, they're consider as Zombie. Zombie can't evolve or learn any new moves. If it faints again, it's consider dead and I must permanently box it. If I box my Jason this way, it's game over. Also, I can revive one alive Zombie back to the Pokemon after I beat next Gym.
    - My Jason must be leading my team to every Gym/E4/Rival battle

Team:
    Vivillon - Dracula
    Pangoro - Jason Voorhees
    Noivern - Freddy Krueger
    Trevenant - Pennywise
    Steelix - Pinhead
    Clawitzer - Samara
    Old 1 Week Ago (8:00 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by MachoPony.
    Resident Brony

Nature: Calm
      Ooh this sounds fun. considering i have frick all to do until a game comes out next friday i could give this a shot, i've beaten games in less than a week.

Name:MachoPony
      Game: Ruby
      Favourite Horror movie/book/game: i'm really not a horror fan, at all. but i did admittedly enjoy Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow a lot
      Additional rules:
      The True Ending: "Dracula" must have not only his draining move but a move based upon flight, levitation or transofmration (or be flying type/have levitate) and a move based on Fire in refrence to the souls needed to unlock the game's True Ending
      Corruption: each gym leader you defeat makes you more and more corrupt, turning towards the side of darkness. ultimately resulting in you not caring about your pokemon when the final battle comes. Gym 1: no healing limit Gym 2 + 3 Limit of 3 per battle gym 4 + 5 limit of 2 per battle Gym 6+7 Limit of 1 per battle Gym 8 + beyond, no healing except at pokemon centers or healing houses.

Team: Flygon (dracula)
      Sceptile (Jason)
      Cacturne (Freddie Krueger)
      Swalot (Pennywise)
      Weezing (Pinhead)
      Tentacruel(Samara)

Also i found more fitting music

EDIT: Update 1

Spoiler:

My name is Macho, today i just moved to littleroot town, this is my story. i met the pretty girl next door, but something seemed off. after heading north i met the professor being chased unceremoniously by a wild poochyena. he told me to take a pokemon and one i swear was calling out to me almost like it was...possessed. i chose treecko and commanded it to pound the poochyena to its demise, reluctantly he did it. as i progressed northward and defeated May and her torchic treecko seemed to be getting more anxious. looking quite glum as i reached rustboro city i went to the cutter's house and got the Cut HM. treecko grinned wider than i knew possible, like he enjoyed slashing and slicing. learning the move cut made him more vicious and ruthless, and much happier. i moved on and evolved him to grovyle where he was even happier learning fury cutter. he gleefuly sliced through the geodude on the way to the gym leader
      VS Roxanne
      Grovyle slashed and slashed with his fury cutter move getting stronger and stronger, dodged a couple of rock tombs and eventually KOd geodude, nosepass took 3 full power hits from fury cutter with a harden and rock tomb before being sliced clean in two! i was mortified! i apologised profusely to roxanne but she seemed to be ok with it, almost like killing was a common occurence in this world. what horrors have i got myself into?
      went onwards to help a poor man recover his documents, got a pokenav for my trouble, may pointed out Mr Briney could take me to dewford. i decided to head there and a nice man gave me an old rod. i cast my line and waited. in the darkness i saw an odd sillouhette of a young girl. i was scared. suddenly my rod tugged and i pulled in a jellyfish. Tentacool was mine. i began training her against the gym trainers and fishermen before resuming training in granite cave, i may try and face the gym leader soon, i hope i dont repeat what happened with Roxanne. killing is just inhumane in my opinion...so why does grovyle seem to enjoy slashing and mutilating?
      Old 1 Week Ago (10:33 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Fairy Type.
      Majestic Fairies

Why is nobody doing this challenge? it sounds awesome.

Can you hack all of your mons or only 1?

Not sure if all the mons I want are in my game.
        Old 1 Week Ago (11:03 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Mewtwolover.
        Mewtwo worshiper

Nature: Naughty
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Janp View Post
          Normal and Fairy-Types and cute Pokemon are banned from this challenge
          Can you define what Pokémon are considered cute? Otherwise it's bad rule because cuteness is like beauty, it can't be measured.
          Old 1 Week Ago (8:18 PM).
          Burning Candle
          • Silver Tier

Nature: Lonely
          Before I complete my sign up I would just like to make sure of some things:

I'm not really as big on scary movies, books, and games as I would like to be, but would it be possible to base my three rules off a or various Pokemon Creepypastas? Like all three based on Lost Silver or 1 based on Lost Silver, 2 on Strangled Red, etc.

And probably somewhat less important, I agree with the person above about the cute thing, so I don't know if I'm allowed to use my team I picked out. Like Vileplume and Jolteon(who would be evolved immediately so that no Normal types are used).

Sorry and thank you for the answers..

*For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night nor of the darkness. So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and sober. -1Thessalonians 5:5-6
          #TeamTrivia
          Old 1 Week Ago (11:08 PM).
          Audino master

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Fairy Type View Post
          Why is nobody doing this challenge? it sounds awesome.

Can you hack all of your mons or only 1?

Not sure if all the mons I want are in my game.
          Yeah, I only 1 Pokemon at the start of the game.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mewtwolover View Post
          Can you define what Pokémon are considered cute? Otherwise it's bad rule because cuteness is like beauty, it can't be measured.
          Well, I can't define cute Pokemon. I count on the challengers to decide this for themself. Like someone can fear snakes, so don't consider Arbok cute. But then, someone, who loves snakes, comes and put it on the list, because they consider it cute. And they're both right.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by DyingWillFlareon View Post
          Before I complete my sign up I would just like to make sure of some things:

I'm not really as big on scary movies, books, and games as I would like to be, but would it be possible to base my three rules off a or various Pokemon Creepypastas? Like all three based on Lost Silver or 1 based on Lost Silver, 2 on Strangled Red, etc.
          That's great idea I'll add this to the main post Thanks
          Old 1 Week Ago (7:25 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by DyingWillFlareon.
          Burning Candle
          • Silver Tier

Nature: Lonely
          Cool :D Thanks and you're welcome too!

Name: DyingWillFlareon

Game: Red, changed through the online Red Randomizer only to change trade evolutions into level up at 42. No randomization or other things were changed.

Team:
          Dracula- Vileplume
          Jason- Charizard
          Pennywise- Gengar
          Freddy- Jolteon
          Pinhead- Cloyster
          Samara- Seaking

Because I can't think of many good scary things I watch/read/play myself, my movie/book/game will be PokePastas.

Addditional rules:
          1- LOST SILVER: You're lost in the region that you know but don't recognize, you can't find stores to buy anything except the Stones from random "street guys" to evolve teammates.
          2- STRANGLED RED: You're a not-so-easily-forgiving/sore loser type of person. You cannot save between Elite Four members and must soft reset if you lose against them.
          3- EASTER EGG-SNOW ON MT SILVER: It's a snowy winter, and it's very cold outside. If your Pokemon faints more than 5 times, it's died from the frostburn and you must bury it in the PC.

Spoiler: Current Update
          Badges: 2
          Charmander evolved right before Brock and managed to beat him easier than expected. We caught Oddish outside of Cerulean and leveled it up, evolving right after beating Misty with only minor difficulty. Oddish fainted while training and Charmeleon fainted to a crit. We need to be more careful now..

Jason 1/5
          Charmeleon, Level 27
          Scratch

Dracula 1/5
          Gloom, Level 21
          Absorb

*For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night nor of the darkness. So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and sober. -1Thessalonians 5:5-6
          #TeamTrivia
          Old 1 Week Ago (8:23 AM).
          Audino master

So, I had a lot of time to play at my dorms, because internet wasn't working... and I completed the game :D

Some thoughts about whole run:
          Spoiler:
          I didn't had big problems during the first half of the game. First Gym was pretty hard with only Dracula, but in the end I won. I got my Jason pretty quickly after the 1st Gym. I also caught Scraggy so I could evolve my Jason. I also got myself Onix, that would become Steelix on the way.
          Time for first Nightmare!! Second Gym was always (for some reason) hard for me. In my last X Nuzlocke, I lost many of my partners and here, Onix died and becomes Zombie. Well, I beat Grant but didn't revive Onix yet (as it was same battle).
          Well, after this, it was pretty normal run. After next Gym, I revived Onix. Funny part started at Victory Road. I caught Noibat and it died in the next battle to the crit from Serena's Absol.
          Right before the E4, I had to travel (in real life) to location with wifi, to finally evolve Onix to Pinhead. And Zombie Noibat died during next battle :(
          E4 vs Team of 5 Horrors! And I forget how easy this E4 was :(
          BUT!! That's not all!
          Champion battle!
          Well,
          Hawlucha vs Jason - I decided to switch to Samara right at the start.
          Hawlucha vs Samara - One-way battle, Samara won
          Gourgeist vs Samara - Gourgeist was faster and Samara died
          Gourgeist vs Dracula - Close battle, but Dracula won!
          Tyrantrum vs Dracula - Another close battle, but Dracula won again! Thanks to the self-heal
          Aurorus vs Dracula - I knew I couldn't win this, so I just tried to deal as much damage as I could...
          Aurorus vs Jason - Pangoro's hard hits was enough!
          Gardevoir vs Jason - Our Aces clash! Gardevoir Mega Evolved! I knew Jason would die, so I switched him.
          Gardevoir vs Pinhead - Pinhead was my second Ace, so I knew he could beat Gardevoir... And it did!
          Goodra vs Pinhead - This was after-credits battle. Not worth waiting for it, but still good :D

And with that, my run is complete. I'll edit this post soon with my team.

Quick Reply