• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[FR] - Criminon's OW, Battler, NDS, and Feature Base

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
Hello everyone! I'ts been a while since I've posted anything, and figured I would give back with a resource base. This resource base adds a total of around 240 NDS Overworld Sprites, as well as adding Overworld followers to all gym leaders, as well as placing them in places where you would have normally seen them, such as where you buy a Magikarp, or when you acquire Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan. This adds several new OWs to work with, as well as more variation of similar styled NPCs. I have also included all Johto Gym Leaders, as well as their Pokemon.

Pokeballs have also been changed to their XY style, with an added twist. All pokeballs holding TMs etc should be yellow. Any pokeballs holding actual pokeballs such as great balls will look like a greatball etc. All Pokemon Battle Sprites have also been updated to their NDS counterparts as well. I have edited some shinies to make them better. IE White Gengar.

This also adds weather in all zones that should have weather, as well as the Day Night System. As for tiles, I'm more than likely holding off on doing so, as it's annoying as hell to do, especially when you would have to destroy all current levels to insert new tiles, and then rebuild them. Most of the Quick Enhancer options have been added as well.

Features:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Downloads:

Bugs:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BluRose

blu rass
Years
this is actually adorable (especially with the addition of the pokémon on the side)
looking forward to a more polished post!
que tengas buena suerte~

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
where did you find those OW sprites? I want to add them to my hack manually.

They are a combination of DS Sprites from different games. I'll post a link below, but would appreciate credit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tio2p05bsabamc/Trainer.7z?dl=0

Why is their head three times bigger than their body?

Your icon's body is literally it's head though, lol.

As for your question; Ask nintendo.

ALSO! Hurry up and edit the FR engine, lol.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 29, 2022
When I tried applying this to a ROM, and then booting up said ROM in VBA, the screen was just white, and stayed that way. Do you know why this might be?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
I couldn't help but notice the lack of fishing and flying frames in the collection of OW you linked.

Could you please upload them?

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
Hello everyone! I'ts been a while since I've posted anything, and figured I would give back with a resource base. This resource base adds a total of around 240 NDS Overworld Sprites, as well as adding Overworld followers to all gym leaders, as well as placing them in places where you would have normally seen them, such as where you buy a Magikarp, or when you acquire Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan. This adds several new OWs to work with, as well as more variation of similar styled NPCs. I have also included all Johto Gym Leaders, as well as their Pokemon.

I implemented this patch on a relatively fresh rom [I got rid of the tutorial and intro to skip to Oak's speech] and an issue I have with at this current time is that whenever I faint one of the two Pokemon in a wild double battle, the entire battle ends. This doesn't allow me to capture or faint the remaining wild Pokemon, which would be essential towards implementing XY battle experience into Fire Red.

Other than that, it's been smooth sailing.

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
Years
Post had been updated as well as adding new screenshots.

I'm sorry if I sound rude but is there a way i could add only the sprites and the if possible the indoor nds tiles as I already have the DNS and outdoor tiles in my rom hack and im have done a lot of work in it already.
If there is a way I would delighted as all hell!

also this is obvious but the sprites look really good! good job !

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
I'm sorry if I sound rude but is there a way i could add only the sprites and the if possible the indoor nds tiles as I already have the DNS and outdoor tiles in my rom hack and im have done a lot of work in it already.
If there is a way I would delighted as all hell!

also this is obvious but the sprites look really good! good job !

Yeah it's totally possible but you would have to do it yourself. I should have linked everything you need. GL!

Back