• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina!

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
Oh my God, it's back, HotY 2012 has been decided, It's right here folks!
Hack of the Year 2012: Dark Cry : The Legend of Giratina!

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2012
I joined this community just for this game...its funny how I just got this game for my symbian Nokia 5230 and was playing it the whole day just to find out the new Alpha 2.5.1 was being released this year!

Pokemon Dark Cry The Legend Of Giratina FTW!!! All day every day!

Thank you guys soo much for all your effort...Me being a poke fan and owning the original Pokemon Blue really appreciate this. I love you guys!

marcc5m

what
Years
I love how people are posting about HOTY already when the results of 2001 have yet to be posted -_-

Anyway yeah looks good, I liked the shiny Oddish event.
The one thing I don't like, however, is that story related events only work at certain times. This makes it impossible to progress until a certain time of the day (the forest at 5PM or something like that, for instance). Also the Winter tiles are screwed up. But yeah it's good.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
So,Dark cry's back?That's a cheerful news!I just thought this hack was dead when I found that this thread was closed...I'll wait for the Alpha 2.15 patiently!

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
glad to see you back Mitchel1.

the new update vid looks sick. nice tiles choice for the next two towns that are gona be in the next beta. *i wonder how far the grave yard part is*.
the trailer was great. the female heroin looks great. the bit of text from the grave yard scene looks great.
keep up the amazing work guys

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Glad to see you are back Mitchel! With all those bugging you about whether LoG was coming back now have their answer. Congratulation Mitchel. Very nice trailer. Especially love the "Poke ball to the knee." Hope to see more.

Thanks speedster!

wow looks great dude can't wait to play it !

Thanks! ^^

Oh my God, it's back, HotY 2012 has been decided, It's right here folks!
Hack of the Year 2012: Dark Cry : The Legend of Giratina!

Well 2011 has yet been decided might in this year other great hacks will come. But thanks anyhow! =3

I joined this community just for this game...its funny how I just got this game for my symbian Nokia 5230 and was playing it the whole day just to find out the new Alpha 2.5.1 was being released this year!

Pokemon Dark Cry The Legend Of Giratina FTW!!! All day every day!

Thank you guys soo much for all your effort...Me being a poke fan and owning the original Pokemon Blue really appreciate this. I love you guys!

Hehe, great to hear that my friend! Its always great to earn this kind of respect for a hack! ^^

Yay! You're back!
You're an amazing hacker Mitchel!

This has my vote for hack of the year, easy.

Thanks!

I love how people are posting about HOTY already when the results of 2001 have yet to be posted -_-

Anyway yeah looks good, I liked the shiny Oddish event.
The one thing I don't like, however, is that story related events only work at certain times. This makes it impossible to progress until a certain time of the day (the forest at 5PM or something like that, for instance). Also the Winter tiles are screwed up. But yeah it's good.

Hehe true but its a great way for support! ;D
Thanks, the shiny oddish is also karma based and I didn't knew it was good enough but oh well great to hear that! ;D
Also I've decided to remove those changes if they conflict the progress! Time based changes are still there but not on main paths.
About the winter tiles, I knew about these.. Currently I don't have a proper fix for this but I'm doing my best!

Thanks for the support!

This is a really good game, plus, there's hardly any Sinnoh Pokemon.

Thanks!

So,Dark cry's back?That's a cheerful news!I just thought this hack was dead when I found that this thread was closed...I'll wait for the Alpha 2.15 patiently!

Thanks!

glad to see you back Mitchel1.

the new update vid looks sick. nice tiles choice for the next two towns that are gona be in the next beta. *i wonder how far the grave yard part is*.
the trailer was great. the female heroin looks great. the bit of text from the grave yard scene looks great.
keep up the amazing work guys

Thanks qaz! It was a pain to find the proper tiles but glad you like it! about the graveyard part I would like to remain silent you might find this out in the next alpha!
Anyway thanks for your support!

YEs it is back the one i was waiting for

Thanks! ^^

[highlight]:...:UPDATE:...: [/highlight]
p_poppo.gif

Today I would like to show some new scripts I made already for alpha 2.1.5! Including a new kind of mission... Daily missions! and of corse at last the second part of the story mission! I'll explain the karma base on this part right away!

Karma is my way to show you how evil or good you've become! Karma points will get earned when you've to choose to help a resident, join a evil corp. or anything that's based on this! Might some of you already knew this from alpha 1.0.5, when you've to choose if you want to keep or take the POKéBALL that has been left by the team rocket member!

Once reached 50/50 karma points you've decided if you've become fully evil or fully good! Also you've change that you keep the story line natural by keeping 0/50 karma points!

Besides that there also are now a few new kind of side missions!
Mission: These are simple and don't do something specific!
Chain Mission: These are longer then the common missions! These varies between 3 till 20 missions!
Daily Mission: These can be done once each day!
Story Mission: These are only for the story line and need to be done!
Unique Mission: Starter based, these often contain a legendary POKéMON but also alot of missions (~50 missions)!

Well lets continue to our updates shall we?

[highlight]:...:Credits:...:[/highlight]
LaZ: His idea of the daily missions.

[highlight]:...:Screenshots:...:[/highlight]
Daily quests!
vene6p.png
10mn5sh.png

Story mission: Evil!
2emzuo1.jpg
nbx5du.png
168hbmr.png

zvv7ug.png
2arqtz.png
p52md.png

Story mission: Good!
**NOTE** Because I've chosen evil at the POKéBALL at Atlernion City my karma will become natural
nbx5du.png
2d6pm5x.png
28thpja.png

2j2jlm9.png
fy0mxe.png
ritdt0.png

That's all for today people! Cheers!
------------------------------------
Mitchel1

Last edited:

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
p_poppo.gif

Today I would like to show some new scripts I made already for alpha 2.1.5! Including a new kind of mission... Daily missions! and of corse at last the second part of the story mission! I'll explain the karma base on this part right away!

Karma is my way to show you how evil or good you've become! Karma points will get earned when you've to choose to help a resident, join a evil corp. or anything that's based on this! Might some of you already knew this from alpha 1.0.5, when you've to choose if you want to keep or take the POKéBALL that has been left by the team rocket member!

Once reached 50/50 karma points you've decided if you've become fully evil or fully good! Also you've change that you keep the story line natural by keeping 0/50 karma points!

Chain Mission: These are longer then the common missions! These varies between 3 till 20 missions!
Unique Mission: Starter based, these often contain a legendary POKéMON but also alot of missions (~50 missions)!

Daily quests!
vene6p.png
10mn5sh.png

2emzuo1.jpg
nbx5du.png
168hbmr.png

zvv7ug.png
2arqtz.png
p52md.png

**NOTE** Because I've chosen evil at the POKéBALL at Atlernion City my karma will become natural
nbx5du.png
2d6pm5x.png
28thpja.png

2j2jlm9.png
fy0mxe.png
ritdt0.png

Mitchel1
Well this is very interesting! New missions everyday. Storyline changing with your karma. That is cool. I love all the different types of missions too. Reminds me of the Mystery Dungeon series.

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks qaz! It was a pain to find the proper tiles but glad you like it! about the graveyard part I would like to remain silent you might find this out in the next alpha!
Anyway thanks for your support!
dont mention it.
yeah proper tiles are a pain to find.
dont worry i will.
dont mention it.
p_poppo.gif

Daily quests!
vene6p.png
10mn5sh.png

2emzuo1.jpg
nbx5du.png
168hbmr.png

zvv7ug.png
2arqtz.png
p52md.png

nbx5du.png
2d6pm5x.png
28thpja.png

2j2jlm9.png
fy0mxe.png
ritdt0.png

Mitchel1
great update. the scripts look good. i realy like all the missions that are in here, from the daily ones to the unique ones. These sound great to have since they are gona make the hack very interesting :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2012
Mitchel1...seriously I think Gamefreak should hire you. No joke.

All this dedication into one hack, when you have teams of people in a company working on just one section of a game. I really appreciate the effort.

I can't wait. Alright I can...just jumping up in anxiety.

Jumping away.

-Plutose

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Mitchel1...seriously I think Gamefreak should hire you. No joke.

All this dedication into one hack, when you have teams of people in a company working on just one section of a game. I really appreciate the effort.

I can't wait. Alright I can...just jumping up in anxiety.

Jumping away.

-Plutose

Thanks Plutose! About the team separated do its work, won't work out. Mainly 'cause of the time zone. Anyhow thanks for your support!

Oh damn karma... :D
That's not good, I will surely get negative karma xD

Hehe who knows! You've your own faith in hands :P

dont mention it.
yeah proper tiles are a pain to find.
dont worry i will.
dont mention it.
great update. the scripts look good. i realy like all the missions that are in here, from the daily ones to the unique ones. These sound great to have since they are gona make the hack very interesting :D

Thanks qaz ^^

Well this is very interesting! New missions everyday. Storyline changing with your karma. That is cool. I love all the different types of missions too. Reminds me of the Mystery Dungeon series.

Thanks speedster, I'm trying to build here something unique with things I always missed in these sort of games. It has always been the lousy collect badges and beat the E4!

p_poppo.gif

Today there are no screenshots... Only information about alpha 2.1.5!
And beleve me, it's some good news aswell!

After since the release of alpha 1.0.5 there were a few points where I and might also you were mocking about. For example journey area time changes and the annoying "count" bug...

Well some good news already about alpha 2.1.5! Besides those bugs that has been fixed also alot has been added!

Main improvements:

-POKéPAPER can now be bought (limited from Longhorn Village 'till Itacis City)
-Inclusive the side missions from Atlernion City there are now over ~20 mission available!
-Karma has a more important role!
-a few hidden maps!
-Older annoying issues has been taken care off!

Apart from that I wasn't really in the mood yet to post some screens! Hope that won't be a main issue! =3

Also I wanted to ask you folks for a little request! Is there a great tile spriter here that can make for me some (inner) tomb tiles (candles, walls, ground, old ancient table with 3 small puzzle pices on it)
I need those to continue the second row of scripting and I'm sadly enough not that great with pixel art.

Thanks, cheers!
-----------------------
Mitchel1

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
nice update Mitchel1. the pokepaper sounds like its gona be a nice item to get. glad to hear the bugs are fixed now.

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
nice update Mitchel1. the pokepaper sounds like its gona be a nice item to get. glad to hear the bugs are fixed now.

Thanks qaz, the POKéPAPER isn't a real item ;) Its just a paper you can buy each day to see whats going on in the world of Trion, you can compare it with a standard newspaper! =3

p_poppo.gif

I suppose I need to add screenshots to let people talk a bit xD Anyhow that wouldn't be a problem I guess! 'Cause I lately worked really hard on Dark cry and there has been alot been added without even let you know so this I keep secret 'till the game lauches!

Anyhow I've a great new update today for you folks! I would like to introduce the... Trion collector! You might now wonder, wth is the trion collector? Easy! After you've beaten the first-gymleader the side missions around the world of trion will give you tokens, trion tokens they will get called!

So easy said, when you finish the daily mission in Itacis city you'll earn for example 2 trion tokens, these can be collected and turned in for a high-value reward!

That's the trion token part, besides that, I also added a new "fun" mission! Its something that really doesn't make sence but its a great mini-mission to continue your way! This mission is called: Move the books!
What can I say? Take a look at the screenshots and they will tell you more!

Enjoy!

[highlight]:...:credits:...: [/highlight]
LaZ: Helping out with buffer item amount.

[highlight]:...:screenshots:...: [/highlight]

World's first Trion Token collector!
24glt0k.png
2h68x78.png
2lmv5ap.png

New mission, move the books!
1y4b4m.png
qqcx3t.png

24xe9mb.png
vwveo1.png

That's all for today people!
Cheers!
--------------------------------
Mitchel1

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
You've got some really nice scripts out there !
I'll be keeping an eye on this :)

Back