• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Damaged Lycanrox GX :'(

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 17, 2017
Spoiler:

Poor thing never got a chance. Just picked up a box from my local gamestop and didn't notice this until it was too late. I've sent in a ticket about it, hopefully they can do something?

On the other hand, I did pull a FA Rotom Dex from one of the packs, so it wasn't all bad I guess? Still sucks that the card I got the box for is wrecked >:(

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 17, 2017
Look at it this way: at least it's only the Black Star promo version and not the one from the set. The one from the set typically has a higher value than the Black Star promo one.

Still, If I'm getting something brand new, I'd expect to be in "new" condition, not already damaged and worthless. The value isn't as important to me; it's the fact that I'm building a Lycanroc GX box and this puts me at needing one more copy than I expected for the deck.

Years
Still, If I'm getting something brand new, I'd expect to be in "new" condition, not already damaged and worthless. The value isn't as important to me; it's the fact that I'm building a Lycanroc GX box and this puts me at needing one more copy than I expected for the deck.

Unfortunately, promo cards coming from the box damaged like this are way more common than they should be. They probably don't pay the people who package their products enough to care.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
Nearly all of them are coming damaged, TPCI are absolutely awful at the moment. Kick up a fuss, you deserve a fresh one

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 28, 2017
I've had a damaged card replaced before no problem. It wasn't a single promo card like this, though. Mine was from a sealed booster.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 17, 2017
Status update for anyone who's checking this thread out: They've offered to replace the card :D

Just need to get down to the post office and send it off. Hoping I can get this taken care of soon.

Back