• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Red and Blue Deluxe

Should monsters have Generation 2-styled front sprites?

• Yes

Votes: 370 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 81 18.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
I did it! Last month I beat the hardest mode of this patch! "Challenge Mode+ (H4)".

I did not play the other easy ones because Pokémon was always easy to me (I beat all until three generation) so, searching for a real challange, I found this patch, and I want to say some things.

1-This hack made me make a Full team catching route 22 and Virian Florest Pokémon, in addition to the starter, my temporary team became my official team after ST. Surge. (My first team without water Pokémon)

Team: Charizard, Raticate, Pidgeot, Primeape, Breelom and Galvantula.

2-This hack encorages you to grind, because you will need powerful Pokémon to face each gym leader, and while you grind, you can found a very rare Pokémon.

3-When I started, I was a boy, after I beat, I became a man. Really, no kidding.

4-The difficult is unfair, so, this is a true test to measure your skills.

5-You will want to fight each Wild Pokémon you found, because EXP is never too much.

6-There are no easy way to beat without strategy, because gym leader's Pokémon and Rival will always have some levels higher than your strongest Pokémon in your team.

7-I finally used 4-6 Gen Pokémon, I had some prejudice with some new Pokémon even never played with them, after this experience, I liked some of them and I've lost this prejudice, thanks this hack.

Thank You! I will play Blue now, with inverse mode ON, this will be my Ultimate Challange.

Years
Hey, I have a problem- whenever I try picking a starter I get white screen and the game freezes. I patched a clean room and it doesn't matter which patch I use, it always happens :/

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Aug 31, 2018
I used the patch to update my ROM of Pokemon Red, and it just corrupted it. Can someone link me a pre-updated ROM of Red on the Normal mode?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I used the patch to update my ROM of Pokemon Red, and it just corrupted it. Can someone link me a pre-updated ROM of Red on the Normal mode?

There must be something wrong with your rom. It works perfectly fine on my rom. Btw thanks for this amazing hack!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
I found 3 glitches, 1 in Power Plant and 2 in Seafoam Islands

Power Plant: There's a Voltorb Pok?ball who doens't disapear after battle, it remains and you're able to "talk" with him again, but is impossible to replay the battle.

Seafoam Islands 1#: If you use Strenght in the boulders of the entrance and push until the hole, if you out of the dungeon, (no matter if you exit by the entrance or use dig) when you back, the boulder is disapeared, if you fall in the hole, the boulder will not be there, the boulder no spawn again on the entrance of the dungeon (like the original Red and Blue) and if you haven't save stated before or saved ingame after that, you will get stuck in this dungeon, but we still can go to cinnabar through surf south of pallet town, and through east of cinnabar we can enter on the exit of Seafoam to get Articuno.

Seafoam Islands 2#: Sometimes I attempt to use Surf by press A on the water like Pok?mon 2 Generation and it say that my Pok?mon (with surf) can not surf in that water, but when I open the start menu, and I go to pok?mon, select my Pok?mon and select surf, it works.

I want to make a video to demonstrate that. Please wait, coming soon...

I would like to remember the Sucker Punch Glitch, this move didn't work at all, if the player uses, game freezes, if the NPC uses, always miss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1wQyoj6o6g

Oh, just one question, why the girl sprite has a long hair in game sprite, long hair in the title screen, long hair in the status screen, BUT when start a battle she has short hair? I didn't get it, the old one battle sprite seems better, besides don't looks like a second generation sprite.

Last edited:
Years
Hey, this hack is awesome! For some reason, when I upload my patched Red/Blue Version to Google Drive, it reads it as an audio file despite keeping ".gb" as the file type. Any ideas as to why this might be happening? When I upload an unpatched Red/Blue, it reads it as a normal .gb file.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 5, 2017
Hey, I have a problem- whenever I try picking a starter I get white screen and the game freezes. I patched a clean room and it doesn't matter which patch I use, it always happens :/

Kinda late but actualy, the game does not freeze in this situation - It just does not shows the naming menu. Pretty much you can spam A button (whatever it is on your keyboard) to fill the name with "A" (the first letter that is highlighter during naming sequence) to play further. You'll end with Pokemon named "AAAAAAA", but it's not a freeze.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Not sure it's been answered yet, but i've patched this hack into my RB roms, yet I can't seem to decide which one I should play first.
Can anyone elaborate on the differences between the Red Dx and Blue Dx versions?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Awesome hack beat it before using normal and now doing challenge and misty is kicking my behind, and her pokemon leveled up after I lost twice and leveled up myself.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Is there still a daycare somewhere? I wanted to use it for Magikarp and Abra but the one on Route 5 has been replaced with the battle factory.

Also I'm loving this hack, but my one criticism is the lack of Steel type moves. The only one seems to be Steel Wing, which obviously neither Excadrill nor Steelix nor Magneton can learn. Having a move like Iron Head / Flash Cannon for all the steel types to get a decent STAB would be nice. Maybe it could replace a useless move / TM like Mega Punch?

Last edited by a moderator:

crap-zapper

Zapper the Tauros Tamer
Years
Hi. Whenever I download it, it says "Virus Detected"... I really would love to try it, but my computer is going berzerk about it...

Back