• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for Help with Development of Pokemon: Valerium

Doreto

Doreto
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 8, 2017
I am currently developing a ROM Hack of Pokemon:Fire Red, whose current working title is Pokemon: Valerium. This new ROM Hack would be centered around 3 objectives:

1. To create an interesting storyline with a darker theme.
2. To create a world much larger than in most Pokemon Games
3. To create an overall challenging and fun ROM Hack for the Community

For those interested, I'm looking for Two or Three People

- At least 1 Artist for Sprites and Tilesets
- An animator for Game Intro and Tile Animations
- Somebody who could help me with event scripting and changing Pokemon Base stats, etc...
- If there's anybody out there, I'd like to redo some of the music for towns, routes and the Champion

I have the majority of the storyline worked out already and have already set out the maps of the first town and the first route. I should probably include a "short" overview of the story (so far).

Welcome to Evimeria!
2 years ago, the Empire of Evimeria was invaded by the Kingdom of Orhan. Overwhelmed by a combination of years of corruption, decadence and political infighting, the once great Empire falls in a mere month, subjugating the Evimerians and establishing their new capital upon the Evimerian's old one. The Emperor disappeared and the governors were arrested. Now a resistance movement grows in the cities, and no one knows how long the peace will last.

Born in the countryside, you are the son/daughter of a Miltank farmer. While your parents may not care much for the change in government, you were raised steeped in the history of old. The greatness of old Emperors and their advisors; generals and inventors. All of those great moments and peoples trampled upon by the invading tyrants. Now you are 17, and you are allowed to leave your old town. Along with the help of your local professor, Professor Castenea, you set out on your journey to find the resistance groups and help free your land.

Along your journey to the nearest location, Attika City, you encounter two Orhan Soldiers cornering a girl of around your age. You save the girl, beating the two soldiers with your new Pokemon. The girl, who now introduces herself as Valena, thanks you for your help. She tells you of the local resistance group in Attika. Wondering why she would tell you this, she explains that you did just commit a crime against the kingdom, so you can probably be trusted. She says her goodbyes and gives you the meet up location.

You arrive in Attika City. Built upon three coastal hills, the city is renowned for their abundance of Water Pokemon. It's location gave rise to the worship if a sea god, and whose worship was cracked down upon by the Orhan. Once great statues now lay in ruins, smashed to pieces at the behest of the King. The locals speak of a local legend. "When the Eagle raises the Banner once again, the Emperor shall once again arise from the Sea to Liberate his Peoples."

You make your way to the meet up location, only to find a storehouse on the edge of town. The inside is full of old artifacts, hidden away from the eyes of the government. Many people are inside, mainly centered around a bearded young man, currently talking with Valena. Valena notices you and calls you over, introducing the young man as Julian. Valena tells you that she was just telling Julian about how you saved her, and Julian begins to ask you questions in rapid succession before realizing that you have no time to answer.

"I should probably properly introduce myself. I am Julian, the first Praetor of the Resistance. I twist the minds of those who oppose me. If you haven't been able to figure out, I specialize in the Psychic Type. If you would kindly engage me in battle, I would love to see if you are worthy."

I'll leave the rest until a later date (In case anything down the line changes due to engine limitations or other circumstances), though I will mention that I will be changing movesets and base stats, as well as adding a few moves here and there, but beyond that, not many changes will be made on the battling side of things.

If you'd like to apply, you can either comment below or reach me directly at [email protected]

Last edited:
Back