Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

TrollandToad.com

Old 4 Weeks Ago (3:00 PM).

Hello! What is the new learnset for the new golem and does it have any changed stats?
    Thank you!

Relevant Advertising!

Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:53 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by luuma View Post
      Thanks for the feedback and invested suggestions!!

I'll add something to explain all pa'i canyon's difficult puzzles, but right now I just love it being an impenetrable mass of super tough stuff to keep people scratching their head and coming back to it. By far my fave route in the game. All of them are solvable but some need you to know how the game engine actually works rather than think intuitively about how it should work in real life. For example, you should know that boulders don't fall down sandy slopes correctly

Not every ability and pokemon has to be good. I thought aerilate dunsparce would be a nice little switch up even if it lowered his stab damage from 1.5x to 1.33x. The main issue seems to be that Aerilate robs him of stab, so I'll consider moving it but right now it seems to fit best on him imo. Adds a little more tactical use of super effective hits.

Trace was removed because it had a glitch. It's back now

A lot of these changes are done for thematics, dunsparce doesn't look like a bug, he looks like a drill that can use flying things. He has no tongue so I kept him stuck with glare rather than lick. He doesn't fire beams or buzz or roll over things, he uses a drill and his head, so he has drill run and headbutt and not steamroller or signal beam.

Just reread this. You're dead right, I thought he was reminding the player. My bad!

The hidden item is only obtainable from one side of the glass case. It was meant to force the player to experiment with moving the room around to talk at it from different angles, but really it probably is just confusing. I've changed it now.

Like you say, it has lugia's stats. It's also, um, literally lugia in every way. I thought it was just the sprite's height, but no. It's lugia.
      Whoops.

You're totally right about registeel. I threw heavy metal on it because it kinda fits and hadn't yet given it to Donphan the Weight Guy. Now it has Full Metal Body, which is effectively the same as it used to have

Jirachi gets doom desire, but your suggestion is a very good one because it takes until level 50 for it to get a steel move. I have given it flash cannon, and mirror shot, and put Doom Desire at level 40. Thanks!

The tms you asked for are at the Trick master's house, route 135, and dewford respectively

Gonna answer these both at once: A sprite (and for that matter, a cry) takes up a huge amount of data. Putting in maybe three or four new sprites is about equal to putting in a whole new route plus all the events and people and items it needs to be cool. DP's (and bw's) sprites are actually bigger than the 64px ones found in emerald (at 80px and 96px respectively) so adding them in would eat up a fair chunk of data. Going from 64 squared to 96 squared pixels is actually more than doubling the space taken up by sprites. This is also part of the reason I don't add in new evolutions and instead just buff their possessors.

I will update the tilesets for battles by the end of the year though. It adds a lot to the game, even if it does take up loads of space on the back end.

I've considered changing the overworld tilemap, but really I see no reason to at all. I like the feel of the game as is, personally! The gen4 look would be an odd one to have for hoenn.

Since I haven't updated looks (heck, with everything I've added I've still only got to e800000 from where free space starts) I could feasibly still quadruple the amount stuff I've added before I have to think about free space. And even then I have spare space earlier in the rom!

Fixed in latest patch

Evolutions are now fixed, i think. This stuff also caused tyrogue to evolve into hitmonlee every time and cascoon to evolve late, among others

Edit: Patch out. Could be a missing text box or two due to some back-end changes but I think I caught everything. All bugs reported in this thread are definitely out of it but since I basically had to revert two patches worth of progress to save on space (ty pge for your unusual import function) I may have returned some that I found myself.

Also a change that makes Foresight/scrappy nullify all immunities and two hip new abilities.
      The hidden item of fray mansion is outside, on the island. right to the mansion.
      Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:10 PM).

Can you please reconsider adding version numbers? You don't even need to include all the changes.

Just to help players keep up with the updates.
        Old 2 Weeks Ago (1:25 PM).

More suggestions

- giga drain 75 power
          - togetic, blissey and gardevoir fairy type
          - megapunch 95 accuracy
          - how about you do a animation to the moves fiery dance and seed flare
          Thanks in advance.
          Old 2 Weeks Ago (3:17 PM).

For some reason, my Eevee evolved into Jynx. lul
            Old 2 Weeks Ago (8:09 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by FLSHK View Post
              Well, I've just applied the patch to a ROM I had lying around (years old... I made it from my cartridge in 2012). Upon applying the patch, I'm seeing some glitches of some variety, which may be due to it being from whatever edition (first edition I'm sure) of Emerald my cart is.

The glitches I'm seeing appear to be script/map related. When I talk to Nurse Joy, nothing happens, so I was healing using the PC. The other issue I noticed was that Pokemarts still appeared outside for some reason? I honestly think I'm using the wrong version of the ROM (even though mine's from an original cart), that or my IPS Patch applier is broken, I suppose.

Edit:
              I tried two different IPS patches, and two different Emerald ROMs (though upon inspection with the Linux diff utility the Emerald ROMs had the same contents). In Petalburg City, when I went into the mart, it appears as if map data was missing, or it tried to load from somewhere that had been changed.

Edit 2:
              Seems that someone else also noticed that you can't talk to Nurse Joy in Oldale. I think the Petalburg mart thing is more severe than that since you can heal with the PC. However, I also just remembered that I was able to go past the guy looking at his own footprints, without him stopping me.
              Fixed these now, thanks man.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JackMein View Post
              I cannot find Registeel. The cave which he is originally in has been moved elsewhere.
              But where ?
              route 115

New Patch out!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by maxdranzer View Post
              For some reason, my Eevee evolved into Jynx. lul
              this has been fixed for like a month, I hope?

Quote:
              Originally Posted by icanonlyhasgbagames View Post
              Can you please reconsider adding version numbers? You don't even need to include all the changes.

Just to help players keep up with the updates.
              oh my god this is such a good idea! why didn't I do this??

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Meticulous_Meeseeks View Post
              Hello! What is the new learnset for the new golem and does it have any changed stats?
              Thank you!
              80/120/90/155/75/55 below half health.
              80/120/140/65/75/45 when above half health
              Gets access to Shield Slam, Heat Crash, Armor Break, Mega Punch, Zap Cannon, Flamethrower by TM, and fire type stab explosion
              Thanks to DizzyEgg/KDS, lu-ho, gamer2020, YAPE, darthatron's numerous tools, hackmew for xse, and yall for playing this low difficulty, re-mapped blazeblack/voltwhite mod for Pokémon Emerald!
              LATEST PATCH:
              Spoiler:
              patch 2.2.5: bug fixes and fairy type for togetic/togepi

patch 2.2
              Spoiler:
              -Forgettable hms (excludes surf and fly bc softlocks &c)
              -bug fixes and a full decap (only in very latest patch)
              -ice has higher def in hail, poison types take 1/4 less damage from psnd or badly psnd foes, and 2 new moves
              -Disguise Sudowoodo and Shields Down golem, Feraligatr line has a new ability, Croc Jaw, which makes biting moves crit, Blastoise/lapras line has Tank Shell, which restores 1/16 health each turn.
              -ability changes e.g poison point, static and flame body all afflict an attacker 30% of the time as usual, and now additionally afflict the TARGET of contact moves used by those with the ability 30% of the time
              -Hyper fang now deals just under half the target's MAX hp as damage, like a souped up super fang
              Old 2 Weeks Ago (7:34 PM).

Can anyone tell me what is the rom ini of this hack so that I can make my bases?
                Old 2 Weeks Ago (8:14 PM).

Hellos there. Kudos on an interesting ROM. =D Having a small repel bug where it tells me that my repels are lingering when they're not and won't let me use anymore...and my pokemon are definitely stronger than the tall grassers/cave dwellers/ocean urchins out there, so not sure what's going on.
                  Old 2 Weeks Ago (11:04 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by solidsmeagol.

I thought I'd let you know that both the patches you've included are actually the exact same file. This is because the Trashman/1986 ROM is the UE ROM. You can verify by seeing the checksums.
                    Old 2 Weeks Ago (8:00 PM).

Hi, I'm having the same problem with repel. Except all my pokemon are higher level than the ones I'm encountering.
                      Old 2 Weeks Ago (8:00 AM).

Hii i love this hack but i cant seem to leave dewford with the boat is this a bug?
                        When is press "yes" nothing happens
                        Old 1 Week Ago (5:05 AM).

Nature: Timid
                          Hey, I'm playing through this ROM-Hack now and I encountered something odd. I found a scyther and added it to my team, I was relieved when I found out that Cut is now bug-type because scyther only has false swipe at lvl 10, however Scyther can't learn cut. Is this intentional?
                          Old 1 Week Ago (2:52 AM).

Not dev but it's intentional. I think he already mentioned why in past posts or maybe take a look at main post.
                            Old 1 Week Ago (2:18 PM).

Nature: Timid
                              VisualBoyAdvance-M_2017-10-06_23-13-07.png

i feel like this shouldn't happen
                              all i wanted was to go to slateport
                              also the footprints guy still let me pass even though you mentioned that it was fixed in a previous post

i'm still loving the game though
                              Old 1 Week Ago (5:31 AM).

i have the same problem as axel and pavip cant leave in the boat
                                Old 1 Week Ago (7:30 AM).

How do i evolve sunkern?
                                  Old 1 Week Ago (3:27 PM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by axelzz89 View Post
                                    How do i evolve sunkern?
                                    did yoo solve the other problem ?
                                    Old 1 Week Ago (12:19 PM).

I'm having an issue. I've delivered the letter to Steven, but for some reason every time I talk to Mr. Briney about going to Slateport, he keeps giving me Master Balls. I can't leave Dewford. What do I do?
                                      Old 1 Week Ago (1:32 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by RespectThePixel.
                                      RespectThePixel RespectThePixel is offline
                                      OH NO! I CAN'T FEEL MY TOES!!!

Nature: Quiet
                                        I'm having a similar issue to these previous posts, though Briney isn't giving me Master Balls.

I've delivered the letter to Steven, and defeated Brawly. When I ask to go to Petalburg OR Slateport, he accepts, but nothing happens except for the NPCs freezing. The NPCs unfreeze when I select Exit or go to another route.

We are stuck at Dewford.
                                        Old 1 Week Ago (9:12 AM).
                                        hackedgamesfan hackedgamesfan is offline

awsome game

but where is the person that brings me to birth island and navel rock? I can't find him...
                                          Old 6 Days Ago (12:57 PM).

Nature: Impish
                                            I'm also stuck with the Mr. Briney issue!
                                            Old 5 Days Ago (2:44 PM).

Loving this game so far! So I just beat Brawly, and delivered the letter to Steven, but I'm not able to get off of Dewford. When I talk to Mr. Briney, he goes through his usual speech "Peeko, we're setting sail, my darling!" but then nothing happens. Is this a bug or am I just missing something?
                                              Old 4 Days Ago (12:06 AM).
                                              icanonlyhasgbagames icanonlyhasgbagames is offline

Hehehe it seems like a lot of people are stuck in Dewford at the moment. Luuma is probably already working on it. Let's just be patient.

Quick Reply