Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Ad Content

#76   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old December 13th, 2018 (4:56 AM).

Nature: Quiet
So, one thing that I noticed about Ancient Greece is that for Unova, it requires you to have Durant. HOWEVER, in BW, you can't get it until the very end of the game, and in B2W2 you can't get it until the post-game. That's a problem because I wanted to do the latter for Ancient Greece but eh. Not sure if that's an oversight or something.

Also I finished Pirate Golden Age on Platinum months ago but did the documented adventure somewhere else. Quick summary:
Spoiler:
Named myself Jack, because, y'know, Captain Jack Sparrow. Fits this perfectly. Anyway...

Roark: I began with Interceptor (Piplup) against Geodude, and OHKO'd it with Bubble, and he reached Level 13. Onix was faster, got in a Screech and barely lived a Bubble, but he wasted his Potion and was KO'd, and I reached Level 14. Cranidos was last, and I let Hyacinth (Psyduck) get OHKO'd with Headbutt. I used Interceptor again, and took exactly half from Headbutt, but I got in the Growl. I got in a second Growl before he finished me on the third hit. I then used Edelweiss (Machop), and -1 Headbutt did 1/5 my health while Karate Chop did plenty over half. After a flinch, I then finished him for the win.

Gardenia: I led with Gummi (Drifloon) against Turtwig, and got in two Minimizes as she set up Reflect and then hit with Razor Leaf for less than 1/4. I used a third Minimize and then she missed. Gust did almost half to her, but she hit with Razor Leaf again, yet I still had over half my health left. Not wanting to get her into Overgrow range, I used Astonish, but it scored a critical hit and got her just short of healing range before she used Sunny Day, and then the Reflect wore off. She didn't heal, and Gust finished her. Cherrim was next, and because of sunlight it transformed. Then it had Magical Leaf, which said screw you to my Minimizes and did half my health with a critical hit, while my Gust understandably didn't do much at all. I let Toffee (Buizel) get sacked off to a Magical Leaf. Now it was up to Licorice (Golbat), and she used…Leech Seed. But I thankfully hit with Screech before the sunlight faded and she wasn't in Overcast form anymore. Leech Seed did 7 HP to me, and Grass Knot did 6 and Wing Attack on -2 got the OHKO. Roserade was last, and I sacked off Dahlia (Bidoof) to get rid of the Leech Seed. Edelweiss was OHKO'd. It was down to just Interceptor and Licorice. I brought the latter back in and unfortunately missed with Screech twice, and she paralyzed me, but I managed to hit with the third usage of Screech, get through paralysis and get the OHKO with Wing Attack when I was one turn away from Licorice fainting.

Fantina: Interceptor's BubbleBeam did less than half to Duskull as she used Future Sight, then I used Metal Claw as to keep her out of healing range before she burned me. After a Shadow Sneak for a light hit, another BubbleBeam finished her, then Future Sight brought me below half. Mismagius was next, and finished me immediately. I brought in Licorice and used Screech, and she went for Confuse Ray. So I sacked off Edelweiss to a Psybeam. I brought in Licorice again and used Screech once more, as she then used Psybeam for literally ONE POINT short of half despite a four level advantage. Bite got the OHKO. Haunter was last and Bite did pretty good. Shadow Claw did over half my remaining health, but I finished her with one more Bite for the win.

Maylene: I started with Interceptor against Meditite, and Fake Out hit for almost 1/4, and Drain Punch did over half my remaining health, but got me into Torrent range, but even then BubbleBeam couldn't get the OHKO. Licorice came in and ate up a Drain Punch before finishing it with Wing Attack. For Machoke, I stayed in only to miss with Screech, and Rock Tomb did just short of half my remaining health. I hit this time, and Rock Tomb then killed me. That was absolutely a min/max damage roll. So I tried Toffee, but even with -2, Aqua Jet was only looking at a 3HKO. Rock Tomb did 1/4, but thankfully her second one missed and I finished it. Lucario was last, and I switched Cheesecake (Gligar) into a Force Palm for 1/5, then Metal Claw did less than half my remaining health and I was able to get in a Screech. Two, in fact, after she left me with 7 HP. I switched to Toffee again, and after a slightly stronger than expected Metal Claw, Aqua Jet did just enough for a 2HKO, but Force Palm KO'd. I brought in Edelweiss, and Force Palm did over half and got the paralysis, but I hit through it with Revenge for the win. And Edelweiss grew to Level 28 and evolved into Machoke.

Crasher Wake: I began with Edelweiss against Gyarados, and he got in the Intimidate. His Waterfall did 2/3 and caused me to flinch. Then a Brine finished me. I had to bring in Cheesecake, and Thunder Fang… OHKO'd with a critical hit! Alright, I'll take that! Floatzel was next, though, and I brought in Interceptor, who took an Ice Fang for 1/4. Crunch then did over half my remaining health as I got in a Growl, then he finished me. I then brought in Deadpool (Croagunk), and Brine failed because of Dry Skin, but because of that, Revenge barely did anything. And… HE USED BRINE AGAIN. Revenge barely did anything still, but I was astounded. HE DID IT A THIRD TIME. Revenge got him to his Sitrus Berry. …Make that four times. And five. And six. Then he was in healing range, so I switched out for Licorice as he used his Hyper Potion. Ice Fang did over half, but I was able to get in a Screech to half his Defense. He then finished me with Brine again. I then brought in Croagunk again, and yet he still used Brine again. Revenge did 1/3. He did it again. And again. And after the third turn, he was finished. Quagsire was last, and Gadolinium (Tropius) finished that with ease, even though Razor Leaf only did a little over half.

Byron: I began with Interceptor against Magneton, because I thought he led with Steelix. And he had Magnet Pull, preventing me from switching out. Thunderbolt got me to 6 HP, and with that Surf got the OHKO thanks to Torrent. Steelix was promptly slammed with another Surf, and Bastiodon was last. I used Surf, which OHKO'd with a crit. Not bad!

Candice: I began with Deadpool against Sneasel, and as she started with an Aerial Ace that did slightly less than half, Revenge got the OHKO. Piloswine was next, and for that I switched in for Gadolinium, who caused her Earthquake to fail, and then over to Interceptor, who ate up her Avalanche. Yum yum! Surf then got the OHKO. Abomasnow was next and got up Snow Warning, and I switched over to Cheesecake, who took a Focus Blast for 1/4… And then I realized I don't have Screech. Aerial Ace did less than half before her Avalanche slaughtered me. I then brought in 6th Sense (Dusclops), and she used Wood Hammer for 2/3 and some recoil bringing her to half, and then Fire Punch did her in. After hail got me near 1/4, Froslass came last. I chose to stay in and use Shadow Sneak for 1/4 before she used Blizzard and finished me. Then it was Kamek (Weavile)'s turn. She used Double Team… And I had Faint Attack to say screw you to all of that. She lived in the red, and her Sitrus Berry propped her up, however. Blizzard did a little less than half, and another Faint Attack won me the battle.

Final battle against Cyrus: Houndoom started with a Flamethrower that did slightly less than half to Interceptor but got the burn. At least Surf got the OHKO. Gyarados I then sacked off Gadolinium to, then 6th Sense flinched with Waterfall but had the Sitrus Berry backing, only for ThunderPunch to do 2/3. Cheesecake's Thunder Fang finished that. Unfortunately, Interceptor was barely finished off thanks to burn, but Deadpool survived and was able to OHKO with Revenge. Poison Jab did less than half to Honchkrow, but it got the poisoning before he finished me with Psychic. Kamek finished him with Ice Punch, but then it was Crobat time. He started with Toxic, and my Ice Punch…OHKO'd him with a critical hit for the win!!! Deadpool and Interceptor handled Giratina.

Volkner: I began with Kamek against Jolteon, and I opened with a Screech to half his Defense. But he responded with a Thunder Wave, and Iron Tail did 2/3 before Ice Punch got the OHKO. Raichu promptly finished me with Signal Beam, though. I used Deadpool, who took a Charge Beam for just short of 1/3 and him boosting his Sp Atk. Revenge left him with 1 HP and got me on the end of Static. He healed, but Poison Jab did over half. The next Charge Beam scored a critical hit to finish me and got another boost. I went for 6th Sense, and his Charge Beam did over 1/3 and got another boost, but Shadow Punch finished him. Luxray came after, and I got the Quick Claw, which allowed me to use Will-o-Wisp, which hit and saved 6th Sense from being finished with Crunch, which did 2/3 my remaining health. I got in a quick Shadow Sneak before he…missed with Thunder Fang? Sure! I used another, and then he used Fire Fang, which I survived with 1 HP. Okay, he's entered total derp mode here. I used another Shadow Sneak, and he used Crunch this time, which finished me, but burn damage did him in. He had just Electivire remaining, and I used Cheesecake. He used Fire Punch for over 1/4, but I went first next turn and used Dig for the OHKO and the win.

Final battle against Gibbs (rival): Kamek bested Staraptor thanks to Cheesecake absorbing a Close Combat on the switch-in, allowing him to return in on an Aerial Ace for half and OHKO with Ice Punch. Cheesecake slammed Heracross with Aerial Ace after I unknowingly switched Gadolinium into a missed Rock Slide. Deadpool took two Ice Fangs from Floatzel before OHKO'ing with a crit Black Belt boosted Revenge. Torterra took less than half from Gadolinium's Air Slash and got a Defense drop on the first usage of Crunch, leaving Kamek to slam him with an Ice Punch. Rapidash took a moderate hit from 6th Sense's Shadow Punch and Fire Blast did alright, but then he switched in Snorlax and I was able to get in a Will-o-Wisp, then Kamek got in a Screech before peacing out. Deadpool easily finished him with Revenge, and Interceptor took Rapidash from there despite a paralysis on the switch-in. With that, he hoped that I wouldn't lose to anyone else first, and sped off.

How training went: Interceptor was perhaps the easiest to train up. Victory Road made for fast and easy EXP between all the Ground-types (especially Steelix) and Magneton. For Cheesecake, I did quite a bit of her training off of Pokemon Ranger Taylor on Route 212. Carnivine + Luxray = easy 3456 EXP for her. The last three levels were mooching some Defense and Sp Def EVs off of Tentacruel and Pelipper on Route 223. 6th Sense I did some in Victory Road and a little bit off of Pokemon Ranger Allison, also on Route 212. For his last two levels though, I took him to Iron Island for a bit of last minute Defense EV training, and then some Quagsire and Shellos on Route 212 for a bit of HP. Gadolinium wasn't very fun to get trained up, but I was able to get some out of the Ground-types in Victory Road. Ace Trainer Maya on Route 210 was another help there. Kamek I got most of the EXP for off of Ace Trainer Dennis on Route 210. Then I slapped on some Attack Evs to finish up with him. Deadpool was helped some by the Water-types right outside the Pokemon League and Route 223, with a little bit elsewhere. Additionally, while everyone was Level 55 except Gadolinium and Deadpool, who were 53 and 52 respectively, as Cheesecake reached the point, I noticed she, and my entire team, had Pokerus! But that aside...

Aaron: I began with Interceptor against Yanmega, and as he used Double Team, I started the battle with Stealth Rock to discourage his switch-outs. But he gained a Speed Boost. He used Double Team again as I tried to hit with Surf, to no success. He used another Double Team and avoided another Surf. I used Aqua Jet… And THAT hit, yeah sure, for not much at all, and his Bug Buzz did less than 1/5 my health. He used another Bug Buzz, and I was out over 1/3, but I hit with Surf for the finishing. Not bad.
Heracross was next, predictably. I switched out for Gadolinium as he used Close Combat, which did narrowly over 1/4 and lowered his Defenses. He had Stone Edge, which hit, sure enough, and I survived it in the red and got in the Air Slash for the OHKO.
Vespiquen was next, which took over half its health from Stealth Rock (!!!), haha. I opted to stay in and use Air Slash, which finished him.
Drapion was next, and that was unfortunately where her streak came to an end, as Ice Fang finished her. I brought in Interceptor again, and took a pathetic X-Scissor before Surf (after Stealth Rock) got him to his Sitrus Berry. Another laughable X-Scissor preceded being finished with Surf.
Last was Scizor. I chose to stay in for that, and I was faster, interestingly, and Surf (backed with the Mystic Water) got him to 1 HP, though his X-Scissor got me into the red. He used a meaningless Full Restore as Surf with Torrent got the OHKO.

Bertha: I started with Gadolinium against Whiscash, and…she was faster than me, to my unpleasant surprise. Thankfully her Zen Headbutt did not even a full 1/6, and my Air Slash (which I used because I know Whiscash is light) scored a critical hit for 2/3. I then readied Grass Knot…
AND SHE SWITCHED OUT FOR RHYPERIOR!!! I swear, I did NOT bank on that. Anyway, Grass Knot got the OHKO with no problem.
Then we had Gliscor. For that, I brought in Kamek, who avoided an Ice Fang and proceeded to slam her with an Ice Punch.
Golem was next in line. Knowing she had Brick Break, I switched, but wanted to give Deadpool a chance. And yet she used Sandstorm. I hit with Focus Blast, though, and with the Black Belt…got her to 1 HP?!?! She then used Earthquake and KO'd me after Sandstorm. Not a good sign. I brought in Gadolinium again, and she healed, so I took that turn to use Grass Knot, which got the OHKO. The sandstorm raged and Gadolinium took another hit.
Whiscash came back out and used another Zen Headbutt to get me below 2/3, but I didn't flinch and finished her with Grass Knot.
Hippowdon was last, and her Sand Stream made the sandstorm permanent. Knowing a Stone Edge was coming my way, I swapped out for Interceptor… And I was right, she did indeed use Stone Edge, but it was pretty weak. I used Surf, and it had the Mystic Water backing, so it's no surprise that it got the OHKO. With that, the battle was done.

Flint: I decided to open with Interceptor against Houndoom, and he started with…Flamethrower, to my surprise. I thought for sure he would go with Sunny Day! And he did over 1/3 my health, but I got in the Stealth Rock to chip some off for his later team members. THEN he used Sunny Day. And even with that, Surf still got him to healing range. He healed, and Surf got him into the red this time. He didn't heal a second time, so I was right to use Aqua Jet, which finished him and got Interceptor to Level 56.
Infernape came after, and took a bit of Stealth Rock damage, but I decided to stay in and use Protect to block his Flare Blitz and stall the sunlight out a little. I decided to let Gadolinium bite the bullet to a Flare Blitz, which got the OHKO but recoil brought him to half before the sunlight faded. It was finally Cheesecake's time… Except he was faster! And Flare Blitz did almost half my health, but Aerial Ace allowed me to finish him off.
Then we had Magmortar, who took some Stealth Rock damage. I chose to stay in and use Earthquake, which finished him thanks to that.
And Flareon came next up. After some Stealth Rock damage, I went for Stone Edge just to be different, and a probably unneeded critical hit took care of him.
Lastly was Rapidash. After some Stealth Rock damage, Earthquake got the KO, with another critical hit just to show off.

Lucian: First try I started by easily besting that Mr. Mime, but then Gallade somehow predicted my switch to 6th Sense with Stone Edge and that was not a good thing. I wanted this to carry through on a good note.
I began with Kamek against Mr. Mime, and opened with the Night Slash, which, because this is not a 3DS game, got an easy OHKO.
Then we had Gallade. After considering my options, I decided to stay in and use Screech, and he once again predicted the Stone Edge, which got the OHKO without a crit. Huh. Anyway, I brought in 6th Sense, who took a Psycho Cut for a little less than half and proceeded to OHKO with Shadow Punch thanks to the Screech.
Espeon was next. Afraid to stay in thanks to Shadow Ball, I switched out for Interceptor. And I was right, he did indeed use Shadow Ball, which barely did anything. So I could have stayed in with 6th Sense, but I didn't want to take any chances. Anyway, he used Psychic, which scored a critical hit for half my remaining health, as I used Surf to get him just short of healing range. He used another Psychic, and I was in the red, and he got a Special Defense drop, but Surf finished him.
And then we had Alakazam, and I used an Aqua Jet for half before he finished me with Focus Blast (that would've been the funniest thing ever had he missed). I brought in Deadpool to finish him with Sucker Punch.
Lastly was Bronzong, and I kinda realized… Oh, we're kinda screwed. Nevertheless, I opted to stay in and use Focus Blast, which did half before he OHKO'd me with Psychic. I brought in 6th Sense, and got in the Will-o-Wisp before he used Psychic for narrowly over half my remaining health. Shadow Punch got him to KO range from burn, and another Psychic left me with 1 HP! Then he was finished from burn. Not bad!

Champion Cynthia!: I began with Interceptor against Spiritomb, and Surf handily did over half as she hit with Shadow Ball for over 1/6 despite resistance. I then decided to set up Stealth Rock to prepare for what was to come. I then took a Dark Pulse before finishing her with another Surf.
Then we had Garchomp, of course. She took a tiny bit of Stealth Rock damage before I used Aqua Jet for a light hit and she KO'd me with Earthquake. Then I brought in Kamek and used Ice Punch to put her to an end.
Next was Lucario, sure enough. I switched out for Deadpool, who took a Stone Edge for less than 1/4. Shadow Ball, however, did half my remaining health, but Revenge got the OHKO.
Her next one in line was Togekiss, who took 1/4 in Stealth Rock damage. I used Sucker Punch for a light hit before she finished me with Air Slash, which scored a critical hit as well, haha. I then used Cheesecake, and Stone Edge didn't quite finish her, and she used Water Pulse for LITERALLY ONE POINT SHORT of a 2HKO. She healed, and I hoped for a crit Stone Edge - which I did indeed get, but it got her into the red. I then used it again, and she didn't heal, so she was finished off.
And after that was Milotic. She took Stealth Rock damage, and I stayed in and used Earthquake to get her to half before Ice Beam finished me. I then used Gadolinium, and she used Ice Beam, but I had the Focus Sash, so I lived it with 1 HP, and then finished her with Grass Knot.
Lastly was Roserade. After some Stealth Rock, she immediately finished me with Extrasensory, but I brought in 6th Sense. I got a meaningless Quick Claw as Shadow Punch did enough for a 2HKO, and she used Energy Ball for less than half. She then used Toxic, which missed, and I proceeded to use Shadow Punch to finish her, end the battle and complete the challenge.

With that , Rowan and Cynthia took me into the final room, where we were crowned as Champions.

The Final Team!
Spoiler:
(M) "Intrceptor", Level 56
Stats: 177, 109, 122, 170, 121, 89
Moves: Aqua Jet, Blizzard, Stealth Rock, Surf

(F) "Cheesecake", Level 47
Stats: 164, 146, 155, 68, 115, 137
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Aerial Ace, Dig, Stone Edge, Swords Dance

(F) "Gadolinium", Level 56
Stats: 195, 103, 118, 108, 111, 75
Ability: Solar Power
Moves: Air Slash, Grass Knot, Sunny Day, Synthesis

(M) "Deadpool", Level 55
Stats: 172, 140, 103, 118, 84, 126
Ability: Dry Skin
Moves: Focus Blast, Poison Jab, Revenge, Sucker Punch

(M) "6th Sense", Level 56
Stats: 130, 143, 160, 93, 185, 70
Moves: Shadow Punch, ThunderPunch, Trick Room, Will-O-Wisp (although Trick Room was never used and I had Shadow Sneak in its place before Cynthia)

(M) "Kamek", Level 55
Stats: 152, 148, 84, 67, 112, 166
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Ice Punch, Icy Wind, Night Slash, Screech

Final playing time: 34:03 - Six and a half hours went into endgame training. Make of that what you will.

Thanks again!
  #77   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old December 13th, 2018 (9:29 AM). Edited December 13th, 2018 by Ahri.

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagroar View Post
So, one thing that I noticed about Ancient Greece is that for Unova, it requires you to have Durant. HOWEVER, in BW, you can't get it until the very end of the game, and in B2W2 you can't get it until the post-game. That's a problem because I wanted to do the latter for Ancient Greece but eh. Not sure if that's an oversight or something.

Thanks again!

Yeah the Unova thing for Ancient Greece was my oversight, sorry. I replaced Durant with Simisear. Hope that should be better.

EDIT:

Updated up to this point.

If you'd like to play with me, you better be sure you know the game.

#78   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old January 15th, 2019 (7:08 AM). Edited January 15th, 2019 by Swagroar.

Alright, time to finally post something!

Username: Swagroar
Game: Black
Era: Ancient Rome

Update #1:
Spoiler:
-Started the game, chose the girl and named her Minerva, because, Ancient Rome, fits perfectly.
-Chose Tepig as my starter, and beat Bianca and Cheren despite the former scoring a critical hit that left me at 5 HP. After meeting with Professor Juniper, I got the Pokedex and named Tepig Odin.
-After beating three wild Pokemon on Route 1, arrived in Accumula Town, Ghetsis talked about his plans to run for president, and N questioned my relationship with Pokemon. I beat his Purrloin with four hits of Tackle.
-Mom gave me the Running Shoes, and after three trainers on Route 2 plus Bianca being super easy, and some wild Pokemon, I reached Striaton City.
-I talked to some people in the city, and learned that Fennel is apparently really not fun to put up with when angered. I also beat the trainers in the Dreamyard and got Pansage and named it Servant, just so I can use Cut.
-Taking on the Gym and two easy trainers, I then beat up a few wild Pokemon before entering the Gym, and facing the so-called best of the three brothers, Cress. Lillipup dealt two usages of Bite but was 2HKO'd by Tackle after a Tail Whip, and that got Odin to Level 15 and learned Flame Charge, which I used right off the bat against Panpour following a Work Up. It did roughly 1/4 to him, and I used Tail Whip as he got in a second Work Up. Tackle got him into healing range, and his Water Gun left me with 2 HP!!! He healed, but it was meaningless as Tackle 2HKO'd him from there. With that, I got the Trio Badge and TM83 for Work Up.
-Fennel dragged me into her house and asked me to get some Dream Mist.

Team:
Spoiler:
(M) "Odin", Level 15
Ability: Blaze
Stats: 46, 28, 22, 18, 20, 22
Moves: Defense Curl, Flame Charge, Tackle, Tail Whip

And another one while I'm at it!

Game: Y
Era: Ancient Greece (I plan to expand this to an Ultimate in due time, so look out for that)

Update #1:
Spoiler:
-Started the game, chose the boy and named him Aesop.
-After the opening stuff, met with the new neighbors and chose Froakie as my starter and named it Fable. It beat Shauna's Fennekin for a level-up
-After being sent off, Serena showed us how to catch Pokemon and Shauna didn't know what her Fennekin was inside of.
-Caught a Fletchling named Phoenix. After beating a Youngster right near the forest entrance, Shauna and I entered the forest.
-Caught a Pikachu named Larxene and beat the trainers in the forest. After I was done, I remembered I could catch Pansear. So I did, a female no less, and named it Oya.
-Beat the trainers on Route 3, who weren't much to speak of.
-After arriving in Santalune City and healing, I took to Route 22 to take on those trainers. Some of them did okay damage, but I had the right type matchups and switches for them. However, one thing I do have to say that makes me not as fond of the "starter must always be in front and can't faint" rule is that it kinda gives it more EXP than it should, and I don't like that quite as much because it'll get overleveled. Although this is XY where you gain full EXP from opponents, so maybe it'll be different in another game.
-I then talked to people in Santalune, and got the Roller Skates after beating the chick in front of the Gym. Then after beating the trainers, most of which were rather easy, it was Gym Leader time! Fantastic! Viola was ready to snap it shut.
-Fable tried to paralyze Surskit twice, to no avail, as she used Water Sport followed by Quick Attack. Larxene switched into a Bubble for an okay hit and scored a crit Thunder Shock to finish her from over half. Vivillon I switched into Oya, and she used Harden twice before Incinerate did narrowly under half. She used Infestation twice and I was soon out over 1/3, and I used Lick a few times as to keep her out of healing range. It came down to me surviving Tackle with 2 HP after having 9/34, but Incinerate finished her for the win.
-So I got the Bug Badge and TM83 for Infestation, which is okay. The Gym guide suggested me to go Lumiose and show it to the professor. I'll do that next time.

Team:
Spoiler:
(M) "Fable", Level 14
Ability: Torrent
Stats: 30, 21, 20, 25, 19, 26
Moves: Bubble, Growl, Lick, Water Pulse

(M) "Phoenix", Level 12
Ability: Big Pecks
Stats: 33, 19, 16, 14, 15, 22
Moves: Growl, Peck, Quick Attack, Tackle

(F) "Larxene", Level 12
Ability: Static
Stats: 33, 23, 15, 17, 17, 30
Moves: Growl, Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Thunder Shock

(F) "Oya", Level 12
Ability: Gluttony
Stats: 37, 20, 18, 18, 18, 23
Moves: Incinerate, Leer, Lick, Play Nice
  #79   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old February 10th, 2019 (8:26 AM).

Y Ancient Greece Time Warp Challenge - Update #2

So there were quite a few Pokémon I caught along the way, including a Ralts, Pancham, Bulbasaur from Sycamore, Spritzee, Electrike, and others. But I kinda didn't think to take notes and only yesterday came back to it in Cyllage after leaving it behind for two weeks, so I'll just cut to the Grant battle. As he began with Amaura, I started with Fable. I switched in Thundercat as he used Thunder Wave, but Lightning Rod absorbed it. I went for Spark, which got a light hit and the paralysis, as Rock Tomb did half on the dot. I switched in Citra and quickly regretted it, but thankfully he only used Rock Tomb for 1/5. Karate Chop finished him. Fable grew to Level 27. Tyrunt was after and I switched in Phoenix, who was met with a Stomp for a little under half. Growl lowered his Attack before Rock Tomb finished me. Burberry was up next, and he used Stomp for 16 HP before Draining Kiss did slightly under half and healed me to full. Stomp did 17 HP before I used Echoed Voice (as to keep him from healing). Bite did weak, and Draining Kiss finished him for the win. So that's how it went. Next update will be more detailed, though.

Team:
Spoiler:
(M) "Fable", Level 27
Stats: 74, 42, 41, 57, 39, 61
Moves: Bubble, Growl, Smokescreen, Water Pulse

(M) "Phoenix", Level 22
Ability: Flame Body
Stats: 60, 42, 31, 30, 31, 47
Moves: Ember, Growl, Peck, Quick Attack

(M) "Revelation", Level 20
Ability: Trace
Stats: 50, 17, 20, 33, 27, 34
Moves: Confusion, Double Team, Growl, Teleport

(F) "Citra", Level 23
Ability: Mold Breaker
Stats: 64, 48, 36, 29, 33, 27
Moves: Karate Chop, Leer, Slash, Work Up

(M) "Burberry", Level 23
Ability: Healer
Stats: 74, 36, 34, 35, 42, 19
Moves: Calm Mind, Draining Kiss, Echoed Voice, Fairy Wind

(M) "Thundercat", Level 23
Ability: Lightning Rod
Stats: 54, 27, 30, 41, 28, 40
Moves: Howl, Leer, Quick Attack, Spark
  #80   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:49 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Swagroar.

And you know what? Now we'll upgrade it to an Ultimate!

Game: Red, Platinum, Black 2, Y, Ultra Moon (haven't decided which Johto or Hoenn games I'll do yet but I do plan to get to them)
Era: Ancient Greece

Red Ancient Greece Time Warp Challenge - Update #1
Spoiler:
I started the game, chose the guy, named him Janus and the rival Castor. I chose Charmander and named it Wizard. After a while I found a Pikachu in Viridian Forest and named it Chuchu. Soon I was in Pewter City.

Brock: I began with Wizard against Geodude, and Ember was a 7HKO as he only used Tackle once, using Defense Curl every other turn. Then I brought in Chuchu for Onix, and lowered his Attack to -3 before being forced to switch back out to Wizard, who took a Screech. He missed with it twice more before hitting with it for 4 HP. And he missed again. But he hit after. He soon went for Bide, and the unleashed attack got me to 9 HP. He used it again, but it was too little too late. Ember got the 8HKO for the win.

Second battle against Castor: Pidgeotto was 3HKO'd by Wizard thanks to a Sand-Attack miss and on my part a critical hit, and later on it took Rattata with a crit Mega Punch OHKO. Abra and Squirtle were both taken by Chuchu.

I then took up Nugget Bridge and Route 24, where I caught an Oddish named Lure. Then there were some trainers to take, which I did, and then there was Misty.

Misty: I began with Wizard against Staryu, which was not optimal. Ember didn't do much but her Water Gun was 4HKO range. I got in another hit to leave her out over 1/3 before she scored a critical hit to leave Wizard in the red. I then switched Chuchu into a Water Gun that was in 4HKO range, and I was outed a little less than half thanks to a Tackle before finishing her in two more. Starmie was next and she used an X Defend for whatever reason and that in turn allowed me to use Thunder Wave. I then switched Lure into a Tackle that scored a critical hit for over 1/3. From there on, she didn't get fully paralyzed once, but Lure managed to survive thanks to a completely deserved miss from Tackle, and finished her after that.

Third battle against Castor: Wizard 3HKO'd Pidgeotto with Ember despite Sand-Attack causing me a miss, Lure handled Raticate thanks to Sleep Powder and Absorb spam, Kadabra was dumb and finished thanks to paralysis, and Wartortle didn't get to do anything thanks to a Thunder Shock paralysis.

After I was able to use Cut, I caught an Abra that I traded for the Mr. Mime. And then we took Lt. Surge.

Lt. Surge: I began with Wizard against Voltorb, and he used Screech followed by an X Speed, and a second Screech. Ember 3HKO'd. I then used Marcel against Pikachu, and Confusion was an easy 2HKO. As for Raichu, well, he was stupid until he was one Confusion away from defeat, where Thunderbolt finished me from 3/5. Lure finished him, though.

Fourth battle against Castor: Pidgeotto folded easily thanks to stupidity and Ember getting a burn. Marcel handled Growlithe. Wizard handled Exeggcute. Chuchu handled his last two.

First battle against Giovanni: I began with Wizard against Onix, but Lure took care of that and Rhyhorn, and poisoned Kangaskhan before Chuchu had to take over.

Then we got to Pokemon Tower, beat a few Channelers, and ghost Marowak, and Team Rocket, and got the Poke Flute. I got the Super Rod, and caught an Exeggcute in the Safari Zone named Scrambler, which I taught Psychic to as soon as I got the TM. And I got HM03 for Surf in there too. Then I caught a Poliwhirl named Dynamo. I made my way back to Lavender Town and will likely close everything out next part.

Team:
Spoiler:
"Wizard", Level 31
Stats: 81, 52, 54, 62, 57
Moves: Ember, Growl, Leer, Scratch

"Chuchu", Level 29
Stats: 86, 65, 42, 73, 62
Moves: Mega Punch, Thunderbolt, ThunderShock, Thunder Wave

"Lure", Level 29
Stats: 77, 47, 58, 35, 59
Moves: Absorb, Acid, PoisonPowder, Sleep Powder

"Marcel", Level 29
Stats: 71, 41, 51, 68, 66
Moves: Barrier, Confusion, Light Screen

"Scrambler", Level 25
Stats: 68, 31, 48, 31, 38
Moves: Egg Bomb, Hypnosis, Psychic, Reflect

"Dynamo", Level 23
Stats: 68, 38, 36, 47, 32
Moves: Bubble, Hypnosis, Ice Beam, Water Gun

Y Ancient Greece Time Warp Challenge - Update #1

Spoiler:
So there was much for us to deal with, including Reflection Cave, and that was where Thundercat evolved into Manectric. But before doing that, I brought back Bouquet just so I'd have a sixth slot that could fight. The trainers of death actually weren't too bad. We made it to Shalour City, and that included beating Serena, who was decent but not much worth writing home about. Then it was Gym time! The trainers took some effort but they weren't too strong overall.

As for Korrina, I began with Fable as she started with Mienfoo, and Water Pulse 2HKO'd as her Power-Up Punch was for 1/5. Hawlucha came next and Phoenix took that thanks to two hits of Aerial Ace, sandwiched in between a boosted Flying Press, dealt that in. With the Machoke I had Bouquet out for a Rock Tomb that did 1/3. She used Leer twice, but Giga Drain 2HKO'd for the win.

Serena wasn't too tough, considering I had the right matchups for her. Along the way through the trainers, Fable evolved into Greninja. And so did Citra into Pangoro and Burberry into Aromatisse thanks to trading. Soon we got to Ramos.

I began with Fable against Jumpluff, as I opened with a Smokescreen that allowed me to jump his Acrobatics. And so did Phoenix on the switch in. But then he took a hit for 1/3, and the second hit outdid it, but Aerial Ace 2HKO'd. I then let Burberry in on Gogoat, as his Take Down hit in 3HKO range but I had the Rocky Helmet. He used another, and I was in KO range of another hit, but Draining Kiss propped me out of it and he was then near 1/3 himself. I lived another hit with 4 HP and after more Rocky Helmet and recoil, Moonblast did him in. Weepinbell finished off Burberry, but Bouquet's Venoshock 2HKO'd with ease for the win.

As usual, the Power Plant was an inconvenience, but we got through it, including Pitbull and his sidekick. Much EXP was gained, and Phoenix evolved into Talonflame. Aftewards, power was restored in Lumiose and we were free to explore more. We did, and then it was Gym time. Trainers were easy work, aside from an Ampharos that decided to be a jerk. But then we had Clemont!

I began with Fable against Emolga, but immediately switched Thundercat into the incoming Volt Switch, which gave me a Sp Atk boost. He used Quick Attack for a light hit, as Charge Beam hit for roughly 2/3 and a boost. The next finished him. Heliolisk was next, and I switched Citra into a weak Quick Attack and had Leftovers. Thunderbolt scored a critical hit and got me just shy of the red, but Vital Throw easily OHKO'd. I switched Bouquet in for Magneton as he used Mirror Shot for another critical hit and half, but Leech Seed hit before he used it again and got me into the red. I used Protect to block another hit and get more Leech Seed. Giga Drain did decent before another Mirror Shot got me into the red and lowered my accuracy. But another Giga Drain hit and propped me up as he used Electric Terrain, but it was too little too late as Leech Seed finished him for the win.

So I got the Voltage Badge and TM24 for Thunderbolt, then heard Lysandre go on about some story before I was free to go about. We'll take care of things next time!

Spoiler:
(M) "Fable", Level 40
Stats: 120, 89, 71, 100, 67, 111
Moves: Growl, Smokescreen, Surf, Water Pulse

(M) "Phoenix", Level 35
Stats: 102, 72, 58, 58, 59, 104
Moves: Growl, Flame Charge, Protect, Roost

(F) "Bouquet", Level 35
Ability: Natural Cure
Stats: 99, 66, 61, 96, 87, 75
Moves: Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Protect, Stun Spore

(F) "Citra", Level 35
Stats: 112, 106, 65, 59, 65, 51
Moves: Karate Chop, Protect, Vital Throw, Work Up

(M) "Burberry", Level 35
Stats: 125, 58, 68, 78, 78, 32
Moves: Calm Mind, Charm, Draining Kiss, Moonblast

(M) "Thundercat", Level 35
Stats: 99, 61, 57, 90, 55, 89
Moves: Bite, Charge Beam, Leer, Spark
  #81   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 4 Weeks Ago (9:18 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by CodeHelmet.
Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
    Long overdue with regards to an update but I figure I’ll post it after these many weeks. For starters, my Electric starter was banned so after defeating my rival twice to ensure a Jolteon outcome and acquiring 5 free Pokeballs(because I’m cheap), I then catch my first partner in Valkyrie the Pidgey. After training him considerably, I boxed my starter and challenged Brock with just Valkyrie. Rock has the clear advantage over Flying Type Pokémon but unlike in FireRed and LeafGreen, Brock lacks a Rock move in RBY and Pidgey’s Sand Attack is underrated. It was a long slog, particularly with Defense Curl prolonging things on Geodude but ultimately Brock fell.

After reaching Mount Moon, I caught my next companion in Rocky the Geodude. I know the nickname is shall we say cliche but I don’t care all that much. I also acquired my third team member in Jason the Kabuto via the Dome Fossil before making it to Cerulean City wherein I unboxed Pikachu to acquire Freesia the Bulbasaur. After getting the Grass Pokemon, I boxed Pikachu again and grinded on Wild Pokemon, using Rocky’s advantage over the wildlife to great effect. I breezed through Misty like a Grass Type through Water and did the same against my rival and all Trainers on Nugget Bridge and beyond. North of Nugget Bridge, I acquired my 5th Team member in Opal the Charmander.

After the short trek to Vermilion City, I boarded the S.S. Anne and proceeded to sweep it like a hot knife through butter. Afterwards I challenged Lt.Surge and swept him in short order. Must admit that Rock Types really do make that one sided lol. I then trekked to Rock Tunnel wherein Freesia thrived on the numerous Rock and Ground Type Pokemon before her.

Upon reaching Celadon City, I acquired a taste for Grass Type Pokemon, as did Opal and I had fun chewing through the various trainers. Before facing Erika though, I figured I’d get some more experience clearing out Rocket Game Corner and acquiring the Silph Scope. With that in hand, I backtracked to face Erika and proceeded to defeat her 3-0. With Rainbow Badge in hand, I cleared Pokémon Tower, using Rocky to deal with the Ghost Pokemon. Rocky’s lack of speed did annoy me though but eventually I made it through. I then acquired the PokeFlute and slogged my way to Fuchsia City.

Upon arriving in Fuchsia, I acquired the Surf and Strength HM’s before backtracking to Saffron to get some much needed training in Silph HQ. Upon defeating my rival, I acquired my final team member in Mipha the Lapras. I then proceeded to challenge Koga and Sabrina in succession with Valkyrie and Opal tackling each one respectively.

After a bit of grinding for Mipha’s sake, I entered the Seafoam Islands and feasted on all the Water Types with Freesia. Upon reaching Cinnabar Island, I resurrected Jason and grinded him to match the rest of my team. Upon evolving into Kabutops, I challenged Blaine using the Rock/Water Pokemon to destroy Blaine handedly(1/4th resistance to Fire rules).

I then traveled North to challenge the final Gym where I used Mipha to sweep the entire field. From there I trekked to Victory Road where the Elite Four and my final rival bout awaited me. Jason swept Lorelei(Rock is so underrated against Ice in RBY), Bruno fell to a combination of Freesia and Valkyrie while Rocky, with a bit of help from potions I found, swept Agatha. Against Lance, Jason opened against his Gyarados before swapping to Mipha for the Ice sweep. Against Blue, I opened with Valkyrie to reduce his Sandslash’s accuracy before swapping to Opal. Opal proceeds to crush his Sandslash, Alakazam and Exeggutor. To deal with Cloyster, I swap to Jason, who uses his advantage on Ice to great effect and then obliterates Ninetales afterwards. Finally, I swap to Rocky and deliver the final blow to his Jolteon to claim victory.

Not sure when I’ll do my next Time Warp challenge but I could use a bit of a breather. Final team was all level 62+

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
      #82   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 4 Weeks Ago (8:45 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Swagroar.

Red Ancient Greece Time Warp Challenge - Update #2 (Final Update)
    Spoiler:
    With new additions, it was at this point that I started to backtrack through the trainers I had missed, but after one route of them I took on the Celadon Gym.

Erika: Wizard harrowed through Victreebel thanks to a tad of luck, took a reset to get that done (first time, Poison + a crit Wrap and a Super Potion heal was sure to do me in). Lure took Tangela thanks to Sleep Powder and Acid. Vileplume I stuck with Lure for, as she repeatedly used POISON POWDER!!! Gen I AI, everybody. Four uses of Acid, with two Defense drops, did her in.

Koga: Wizard, who had evolved into Charizard, beat the two Koffing. Scrambler 2HKO'd Muk with Psychic despite an eight level disadvantage. I used Chuchu's Thunder Wave against Weezing as he used an X Attack. Thunderbolt did relatively mediocre before +1 Sludge OHKO'd. Dynamo weakened it some before being finished, allowing Scrambler to get the job done for the win.

And then we had Silph Co to make our way through. Lots of grunts. Lots of EXP. And more bosses.

Fifth battle against Castor: Wizard handled Pidgeot. Dynamo handled Exeggcute and Growlithe. Scrambler handled Alakazam and Blastoise. GG.

Second battle against Giovanni: Wizard and Dynamo both dealt damage to Nidorino. I let Chuchu take Kangaskhan once again, with Thunderbolt coming close to an OHKO. Scrambler dealt with his two Ground-types no problem. Right after that, I used a Rare Candy to get Dynamo to Level 41 to learn Amnesia, and evolved it into a Poliwrath immediately after.

Sabrina: Wizard OHKO'd Kadabra with a critical hit Slash. And almost Mr. Mime, but she only used Barrier anyway. I let Chuchu take Venomoth. Thunderbolt 2HKO'd. Alakazam came out next and used Reflect but was met with Thunder Wave. Scrambler was up next and decided to use Recover for no adequately explained reason. Thanks to my Psychic getting a Special drop, and her being an idiot with Recover, I was able to get in Lure - yes, a Psychic weak team member - for the win.

Blaine: Wizard OHKO'd Growlithe with Earthquake, then Dynamo set up two Amnesia on Ponyta and went to town on the rest of his team.

Final Giovanni fight: This battle was literally the Scrambler show. But I did bring in Wizard when Psychic got Dugtrio to 1 HP so it could reach Level 46 and learn Flamethrower.

Sixth battle against Castor: Pidgeot got 2HKO'd by Wizard after using Whirlwind. Rhyhorn got OHKO'd by Lure. Growlithe got OHKO'd by Dynamo, who was OHKO'd with Exeggcute's critical hit Solar Beam after being paralyzed. Chuchu finished it, and was able to paralyze Alakazam and get him to 1/3 before being finished. Wizard finished it, and I brought in Lure for Blastoise. A crit Bite did almost half, but I put him to sleep and Petal Dance…got the 3HKO.

Once I arrived at the league, I decided to bring back Marcel just so I could have something to fill that last slot, and considering it gains boosted EXP I thought training it won't be completely unbearable. I did basically all my training in Victory Road.

Lorelei: I switched Chuchu into Dewgong's Growl, and its usage of Rest caused me to use three Thunderbolt PP. Cloyster and Slowbro folded quickly. Wizard took care of Jynx despite Ice Punch hitting big. Marcel used Toxic on Lapras, avoided a Hydro Pump, set up Light Screen and almost came out on top against it until Body Slam paralyzed me and she was left with 1 HP. Lure switched in and she was then finished.

Bruno: Dynamo took care of the first Onix, Hitmonchan was OHKO'd with a +2 Surf, Hitmonlee dealt a massive Hi Jump Kick, and Lure dealt with the second Onix and dealt a decent hit against Machamp… But then Fissure came out of nowhere. Marcel's Confusion didn't finish it, but he used a pointless X Defend. Confusion finished him for the win.

Agatha: Wizard didn't quite OHKO the first Gengar with Earthquake, but her Hypnosis missed and allowed me to finish her. Golbat hit Scrambler with Confuse Ray but was OHKO'd. Haunter used Dream Eater for whatever reason and was slammed. So was Arbok after a Screech, thanks to a critical hit. For the second Gengar, I switched in Chuchu as she used Toxic… And she used Dream Eater again. I hit with a Thunder that did okay, then a Thunderbolt that got her below half, but that was my cue to bring in Scrambler again. She got fully paralyzed, and Psychic finished her for the win.

Lance: Right off the bat, I had to switch Lure into Gyarados, yet he just used Dragon Rage when I had a Charizard out. Uh, okay? He used it again and was able to hit with Sleep Powder. Chuchu did that in. I switched in Wizard for the first Dragonair, and crit Slash did almost half while his Hyper Beam did less than such. It didn't get the 2HKO, but the recharge allowed me to finish it. For the second Dragonair, he had over half and a crit Slam got me into the red. I brought Scrambler into a Dragon Rage, and then Hyper Beam had me below half, but Hypnosis hit. I brought in Dynamo, and as he snoozed I got to +4 Special then finished him, and Aerodactyl didn't do much with Take Down before being OHKO'd, and Dynamo grew to Level 49. Dragonite was last, and used Barrier before Ice Beam got the OHKO for the win.

Final battle against Castor: This took two tries. First try should have won, but Blastoise avoided three Thunders in a row, caused Dynamo to flinch, and OHKO'd Scrambler with a critical hit, leaving just Wizard who was asleep and half dead.
    Wizard started with Flamethrower against Pidgeot, which did slightly under half, but he readied Sky Attack, and Fire Blast finished him with a crit that I doubt mattered.
    Alakazam was next, and I brought in Marcel. Psybeam did slightly over 1/4, but I got in the Toxic. Then he used Reflect as I used Light Screen. Then it was Recover time. Then a Psychic came and got me near half but lowered my Special. Then he wasted time using Reflect. He used Psybeam again and thanks to Toxic, I finished him. And Marcel grew to Level 49.
    Rhydon was next, and Lure came into a Tail Whip before OHKO'ing with Petal Dance.
    Arcanine was next, and I was forced to stay in. Ember scored a critical hit right off the bat for almost 3/4. Petal Dance was weak before being finished. Dynamo didn't take much from Take Down as I used Amnesia. He then used Roar and was OHKO'd.
    Wizard came back in for Exeggutor. Feeling a sense of urgency, I used Fire Blast, which did slightly over half and got the burn! Therefore, his Stomp was weak. Flamethrower finished him.
    Blastoise was last up. I brought in Marcel once again, and began the ticking time bomb that is Toxic, as he just used Withdraw. Twice. Yet he then predicted my switch to Scrambler with Blizzard, which did over half. And it hit again and finished me. I brought in Chuchu, and Thunder hit this time, for the win, and the challenge.

Oak congratulated me, and just like that, we were champions.

The Final Team!
    Spoiler:
    "Wizard", Level 51
    Stats: 153, 108, 112, 124, 118
    Moves: Earthquake, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Slash

"Chuchu", Level 50
    Stats: 144, 114, 74, 127, 108
    Moves: Body Slam, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Wave

"Lure", Level 48
    Stats: 142, 96, 113, 70, 115
    Moves: Acid, Petal Dance, PoisonPowder, Sleep Powder

"Marcel", Level 49
    Stats: 123, 72, 90, 117, 113
    Moves: Barrier, Confusion, Light Screen, Toxic

"Scrambler", Level 49
    Stats: 169, 122, 111, 80, 145
    Moves: Hypnosis, Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Psychic

"Dynamo", Level 49
    Stats: 170, 108, 112, 89, 92
    Moves: Amnesia, Hypnosis, Ice Beam, Surf

Final playing time: 16:07 (reached Pokemon League with 12:33, and entered league with 15:35)

That leaves one generation done and six to go. And on that note...

Y Ancient Greece Time Warp Challenge - Update #4
    Spoiler:
    So with our fifth badge in hand, we had to make our way to Route 14. We arrived very quickly even though we didn’t. Serena there wasn't bad, I had the proper type matchups for her. Then there were some trainers, most of which were pretty simple. I also decided that this was the point that it felt fair for me to not have the starter in front for literally EVERY trainer as to keep it from being TOO far apart from the rest of the team, as I read at the bottom of page 2 that it is indeed legitimate to not have it in front EXCEPT for the big battles, hopefully I read that right. (I did have it in front for every Team Flare grunt, though.) We soon got to Laverre City, where I wasted no time at all in getting to Valerie.

Mawile was handled pretty easily by Fable, and got her to waste both her Hyper Potions. Mr. Mime came after, and I decided to use Burberry for that. She used Light Screen and Reflect, and after two turns of Moonblast she was out roughly 30% and -1 Sp Atk. Psychic then hit for 1/4 as I got her below half. Unfortunately, she then scored a critical hit, getting me into the red before I got her to 1/3. She finished me just before the Light Screen wore off. I tried Thundercat, and Thunderbolt got it done. Sylveon was last, and I switched Bouquet into a Dazzling Gleam for 1/4. I went for the Toxic, and another Dazzling Gleam got me near (but above) half. Venoshock got her into the red, and after Dazzling Gleam, she was left with 1 HP. Giga Drain finished her for the win.

I wasted very little time getting to the admin sisters, and they weren't very tough at all for Citra. I got a Master Ball and Big Nugget for my troubles.

Later on, I arrived in Dendemille Town and caught a Phantump on Route 16 and named it Wendy, and immediately added it to the team after evolving it into Trevenant by trade. I got some Heart Scales and retaught some moves, including Flare Blitz for Phoenix, Night Slash for Fable, Horn Leech for Wendy, and Hammer Arm for Citra. Also, along the way, while I had Thief on Wendy to get Heart Scales, my team got Pokerus! How about that.

There were lots of trainers to face, including Route 15, 16 and Frost Cavern. I had the right answers for most of them, though. Soon we got the chance to take the Mamoswine into Anistar City, where Serena was waiting for me at the Gym. I began with Fable against her Meowstic, and after a weak Fake Out, Night Slash 2HKO'd. Chesnaught was slammed by Phoenix. I let Burberry get some EXP against Vaporeon, but it wasn't hitting hard at all. Thundercat left her with 1 HP (after a prior Moonblast) and was finished when she finally decided to use Muddy Water. Burberry was then finished. Wendy finished her. Citra took care of Absol with ease.

And soon after that was Gym time! The trainers gave decent EXP before we got to the Gym Leader, Olympia. As she began with Sigilyph I had to open with Fable. I used the Night Slash, which didn't get her into healing range as she used Light Screen. Another hit finished her. I brought in Wendy to take Slowking, and Shadow Claw hit good, but her Psychic did narrowly under half before Leftovers. Horn Leech finished her and got my health back up. I used Leech Seed against Meowstic as she used Calm Mind, then switched Citra into another. And then she used a third, but a critical hit Crunch from 3/4 finished her for the win.

So I got the Psychic Badge and TM04 for Calm Mind. Shortly after, Serena congratulated me, and then Lysandre said he was really angry and mad and going to destroy the world. We had to take after him in his labs!

As he started with Mienfoo, I switched Fable out for Phoenix, who entered a Swords Dance, but Acrobatics rendered that for naught. Gyarados was next, and I switched Wendy into an Aqua Tail only for it to miss, then Citra absorbed an Outrage, then Thundercat took an Iron Head for 1/4 then OHKO'd it with Thunderbolt. Pyroar was faster and straight finished with Fire Blast, which scored a critical hit that I doubt mattered. Citra survived one with over half before OHKO'ing with Hammer Arm. Murkrow was last, and Burberry came out, lived two hits and OHKO'd with Moonblast for the win.

Then we made our way through his maze and beat some admins, and learned from AZ of a story that's apparently 3,000 years old. We then followed Lysandre to the bottom of the lab, and beat Xerosic despite a bit of difficulty. After pressing the red button, the ultimate weapon in Geosenge had unveiled. We followed him there, and Serena was right behind! After a pathetic attempt at emotion, he challenged me once more.

As he started with Mienshao, I switched Fable out for Wendy, who caused his High Jump Kick to crash. Acrobatics did over 2/3, but I used Phantom Force and finished him, gaining some Leftovers along the way. I had to sack off Wendy to a Dark Pulse from Pyroar, and then Citra survived a Fire Blast taking a little over half and OHKO'd with Hammer Arm. I switched Phoenix into a Aerial Ace from Honchkrow for a little under half, then used Roost to heal to full before he used Night Slash for slightly more. The cycle repeated, but he did over half… But then I got the Flame Body. Acrobatics did well over half, and I easily lived another Night Slash to finish him the next turn. Gyarados was last, and I switched Citra into an Aqua Tail that finished her with a likely unneeded critical hit, then Thundercat came out and OHKO'd with Thunderbolt for the win, with another critical hit that I doubt mattered.

We then had to go down the trenches of the secret HQ, dealing with multiple Pitbull clones and his counterparts along the way. Then we dealt with Yveltal, who brought the battle to a spatial atmosphere… Only to get immediately caught with a Quick Ball. Lysandre didn't take that kindly and was ready for one last stand!

As he started with Mienshao, I opened with Fable and switched out for Phoenix as he used High Jump Kick for a little under half. Acrobatics got the OHKO.
    Pyroar was next up and Acrobatics did under half while Hyper Voice finished me. I brought in Thundercat, and Thunderbolt with the Magnet got the KO.
    Honchkrow came next and I decided to use Burberry, who took a light Night Slash before Steel Wing did over half, but Moonblast got the OHKO.
    Gyarados was last, and Mega Evolved, and finished me with Iron Head. I brought in Wendy, and Outrage did over half, but Will-o-wisp hit. That allowed me to survive another Outrage, and use Horn Leech to prop my health back up. I lived the next Outrage with 1 HP, allowing me to use Horn Leech for the win.

So Lysandre wasn't finished yet and tried to use the ultimate weapon to kill us, but we escaped its wrath. We met with Sina and Dexio outside. And AZ. That's where I'll leave this off.

Team:
    Spoiler:
    (M) "Fable", Level 53
    Stats: 158, 121, 95, 138, 90, 156
    Moves: Extrasensory, Growl, Night Slash, Surf

(M) "Phoenix", Level 48
    Stats: 138, 106, 79, 79, 80, 144
    Moves: Acrobatics, Flare Blitz, Fly, Roost

(F) "Citra", Level 48
    Stats: 151, 152, 91, 82, 89, 73
    Moves: Crunch, Hammer Arm, Parting Shot, Vital Throw

(M) "Burberry", Level 48
    Stats: 169, 94, 80, 110, 108, 48
    Moves: Calm Mind, Charm, Draining Kiss, Moonblast

(M) "Thundercat", Level 49
    Stats: 138, 88, 80, 129, 77, 129
    Moves: Bite, Leer, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt

(F) "Wendy", Level 47
    Ability: Frisk
    Stats: 150, 129, 100, 73, 90, 57
    Moves: Horn Leech, Leech Seed, Phantom Force, Will-o-Wisp
      #83   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:57 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by CodeHelmet.

Time for next Era as they say.

Username: CodeHelmet
      Game: Yellow
      Era: Bronze

Planned Team: Sandslash, Magneton(mandatory), Kabutops, Charizard, Lapras and Gyarados. Hope to have this challenge done by next Sunday.

Also looks like I'll have to KO Brock with Pikachu seeing as nothing allowed is available at that point in the game. Misty is going to be a real pain though.... can't use Water Types against her and everything that is allowed is weak against her. Grinding is going to be nuts.

*Edit* So yeah... Misty was a royal pain in the %&$#^!#@#. I rarely ever black out against a Gym Leader but Misty is just... ugh!! I had to grind to like 25 on Charmander and Sandslash just to stand a chance against her fast as hell Staryu line. Brock went down as I noted above with Pikachu soloing him because I had to. I beat Misty on my 2nd attempt(I thought I had grinded sufficiently for the first battle but I was wrong). After that it was smooth sailing for the most part since I was so overleveled for S.S. Anne that I cakewalked over Sailors whom had a Type advantage. After defeating Lt.Surge I was able to use Water Types and hence had Gyarados ready to go. I caught Magnemite by Rock Tunnel and grinded him to match the rest of my team and made future Water Type battles all the more easier to deal with. Erika went down like it was nothing, as did Koga and Sabrina. I acquired Lapras and grinded her to match the rest of my team before surfing to Cinnabar and reviving my final member. Grinded him considerably before facing Blaine(cakewalk). Giovanni was swept by Gyarados and the Elite 4 and Champion fell in short order when my Pokemon were level 62+.

*Exhales* Bronze Age challenge complete

#84   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 3 Weeks Ago (1:59 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Swagroar.

Y Ancient Greece Time Warp Challenge - Update #5 (Final Update)
      Spoiler:
      Having saved the world, we were able to make our way back to Anistar City and Route 18. There were some trainers, and then Couriway Town. And Sycamore. Phoenix took care of Venusaur. Thundercat took care of the other two despite Blastoise narrowly living a Thunderbolt with the Magnet, and Skull Bash doing JUST under half. For Route 19, I dealt with the first few trainers before dealing with the rivals.

Phoenix tried to handled Delcatty, but a Charm on the switch-in left my efforts short-handed. Wendy was also slower and got hit with that too, but Phoenix came back in and finished it. Goodra was 2HKO'd despite Dragon Pulse getting me into the red (was just under 2/3). Fable handled Delphox without much worry.
      As for Tierno, I switched Thundercat in for Talonflame, and two uses of Acrobatics got me below half before I OHKO'd him. I sacked off Burberry to Roserade, with a crit Petal Dance doing roughly 3/4. Phoenix finished that, but Poison Point activated and Phoenix was finished. Citra took care of Crawdaunt.
      Lastly was Trevor, who was kind enough to heal me. Citra was able to OHKO Raichu with Hammer Arm despite the Nuzzle switch-in. Thunderbolt did less than half. Phoenix had no problem with Florges. Thundercat OHKO'd Aerodactyl after an unsuccessful Supersonic. After healing up in Snowbelle City, I dealt with the rest of the trainers and then was back in and en route to the woods, where I decided to skip as many trainers as I could because I really hate that place and just wanted to get things done.

Soon after, it was Gym time! And the trainers and then Wulfric. With Abomasnow opening the helm with Snow Warning, I switched Fable out for Citra, who took an Energy Ball for almost half. Hail knocked me below half and in KO range of another hit, and yet I was faster and Hammer Arm got the OHKO.
      Cryogonal was next and unfortunately finished me with Ice Beam, though. Oops. I tried Wendy, and ill-mindedly went for Phantom Force, and Confuse Ray sure enough stopped that. Ice Beam got me deep into the red, and I tried to get in a Horn Leech, but confusion finished me before the hail stopped. I brought in Fable and used Night Slash, which got it into healing range before it used Confuse Ray again. Or he didn't heal, and used Hail again. And I hit myself again and was then knocked below half. But I hit the next turn.
      Avalugg was last. I brought Burberry in, and used Charm before Avalanche did under 1/4. I used another Charm as he then used Curse before the hail stopped. I used one more Charm as he used Curse again. With his Attack stat completely crippled, Thundercat was able to take it from there. Flamethrower didn't quite OHKO, but I 2HKO'd him for the win after he used his Hyper Potions.

So I got the Iceberg Badge and TM13 for Ice Beam, which is pretty cool. We then dealt with Route 21 and the Waterfall areas, and then Victory Road. Here I decided I'd be fair and have the starter in front for every battle present. I had to harrow through some of them, but they proved a decent enough challenge. And we got to Serena.

As she began with Meowstic, I kept Fable in front. Easy OHKO with Dark Pulse. For Altaria, Burberry took three turns to take care of with Confide getting in the way but it wasn't hard at all. I stayed in for Vaporeon, and Muddy Water did a decent hit in the face of my weak Moonblast, but that got the Sp Atk drop. I then brought in Thundercat, and Muddy Water did a little less than half, but even despite Magnet and her being slightly weakened, Thunderbolt failed to get the KO. Muddy Water finished me with a critical hit that did matter. Citra finished it. I used Wendy against Chesnaught, and thanks to Will-o-Wisp and her being stupid by using Seed Bomb, it wasn't tough for her at all. Citra dealt with Absol no problem.

I made my way through the rest of the trainers, some of whom had strong stuff, and then arrived at the league and finished my training. I got Fable to Level 61, Phoenix and Citra to 60, and the other three to 59. After some preparation, it was league time. I started with Drasna.

As she began with Dragalge, I began with Fable, and switched out immediately for Thundercat to absorb her Thunderbolt. I then got in the Thunder Wave to paralyze her, and she got fully paralyzed. I did get curious, so I stayed in and used Charge, and after a Sludge Bomb that did over 1/3, went for Thunderbolt for almost half before being knocked low. I then brought Phoenix into a Sludge Bomb for JUST over half, and Acrobatics got the finisher.
      For Altaria, I switched Burberry into a Sing, unfortunately. Her Moonblast was rather light, and then she used Cotton Guard, but I woke up and used my own Moonblast and hit big. Unfortunately, she hit with Sing again, and then got the Sp Atk drop. I eventually woke up and finished her, but while down below 1/4.
      I then sacked Thundercat off to Noivern, and then tried Wendy, who took 3/4 from Air Slash and got in the Destiny Bond, which did her in afterwards.
      Last was Druddigon, which I gave Citra a shot in. Hammer Arm hit big, but Rough Skin chipped in, and Revenge got the KO with a critical hit. I brought in Burberry, and as she healed, I used Draining Kiss for not even 1/3 and some Rough Skin, but I was propped up above 1/3. Then she used Retaliate, which scored ANOTHER critical hit. I then brought in Phoenix, and used Roost to heal right near full, but she used Revenge… Uh okay… I used Roost again hoping to get the burn, to no avail. The next turn, she used Dragon Tail and I was left with a bit over half. I switched Phoenix back in. I tried to use Roost again and was once again forced out. And then critted. With no choice, I had to use Flare Blitz, which got her below half before she finished me with Dragon Tail. Fable finished her with Ice Beam for the win.

Wikstrom was next up. Wanted to get the tougher opponents done first. As he began with Klefki, I switched Fable out for Phoenix, who took a Dazzling Gleam for under 1/4. Flare Blitz got the OHKO.
      Probopass was up next, and I immediately switched Citra into a Power Gem for under 1/6. Hammer Arm OHKO'd thanks to Mold Breaker saying screw you to Sturdy.
      Aegislash came next up. With a Sacred Sword presumably coming my way, I switched out to Wendy, but I was wrong, as he used King's Shield instead. I brought Citra back in, anticipating Shadow Claw… And I was right, Stance Change brought him into attack form and Shadow Claw did alright. Unfortunately, he was faster than me and King's Shield got the KO. I brought in Wendy again, hoping to survive a Shadow Claw… And I did with 9 HP!!! That allowed me to bust him with Phantom Force, which got a critical hit that I highly doubt mattered.
      Scizor was last. After switching Thundercat into a Bullet Punch for 1/4, I went for Flamethrower, which got the OHKO for the win.

Then we moved on to Siebold. As he opened with Clawitzer, I immediately switched Fable out for Burberry into the incoming Aura Sphere for under 1/5. Water Pulse did RIGHT around half my remaining health, and Moonblast did around 1/3 before the next hit left me with 4 HP. It got him into healing range and lowered his Special Attack, then he healed, allowing me to use Reflect. I got in a Quick Claw, which allowed me to use another Moonblast for around 1/3 before being finished. Thundercat did him in with Thunderbolt.
      He then brought in Gyarados, and I was like "why?" Thunderbolt slammed him.
      Barbaracle came after, and not wanting Thundercat to hog it all, I switched Wendy into a Razor Shell for a light hit but it got the Defense drop before the Reflect wore off. He missed with Stone Edge (ha!) before Horn Leech got the OHKO.
      Starmie was last, and I chose to stay in. His Psychic did less than half, as I used Horn Leech, which got him into the red and healed some HP. As he healed, I used Phantom Force, which got the OHKO and got Wendy to Level 60.

We then took for Malva. As she began with Pyroar, I opened with Fable, and began the battle with Hydro Pump, which got the OHKO.
      Talonflame was next in line, and I switched out to Thundercat. After taking a Flare Blitz for 2/3 and some recoil on her end, Thunderbolt finished her and got me to Level 60.
      Then we had Torkoal, and Thunderbolt did over half, but Earthquake unfortunately finished me. I then tried Citra, whose Hammer Arm finished it.
      Chandelure was last, and Confuse Ray was obviously a thing, and I hit myself because of course I did. I switched in Burberry, who was met with…Confide, okay…? And then Confuse Ray. But I hit through with Moonblast for a weak hit. But it did get the Sp Atk drop. She used Confide again. And I hit through confusion again. And lowered her Sp Atk again. I then switched Phoenix into a Flamethrower for under 1/4. Acrobatics hit big but Confide lowered my Sp Atk. I brought in Citra again as she healed. She used Confuse Ray again. And I hit myself because why wouldn't I. She used a pointless Confide. I snapped out of confusion and Crunch OHKO'd with a critical hit. And Phoenix grew to Level 61.

Lastly was the Champion, Diantha! As she began with Hawlucha, I immediately switched Fable out for Thundercat, as she used Flying Press for a weak hit. She then used Swords Dance, but Thunderbolt got the OHKO.
      Tyrantrum was next. I was put in a very compromising position, and after spending over two minutes thinking about it, I switched in Burberry, as she missed with Head Smash. TWICE. Draining Kiss did slightly over half. She hit with it the third time, though, and got me to 12 HP and then Level 60 before I used Reflect.
      Then we had Aurorus, and I was able to get in a Quick Claw and an okay Moonblast before Blizzard finished me. Citra came in and smashed her with Low Sweep.
      Goodra came next, the thing I was most afraid of. I chose to stay in first, then switch in Thundercat as her Focus Blast missed. I then paralyzed her with Thunder Wave, and she got fully paralyzed. Once again I was curious, so I stayed in and used Charge, as she got fully paralyzed again. Thunderbolt did okay, around 1/4, while her Dragon Pulse did half my remaining health. I used Thunderbolt again, and didn't get her below half but it was sufficient before Dragon Pulse finished me. Citra was next up, and Hammer Arm finished her and got Citra to Level 61.
      Gourgeist came after, and I decided to let Fable at least do something here. Dark Pulse, with the Expert Belt, got the OHKO.
      Gardevoir was last. I brought in Phoenix, and as she Mega Evolved, Flare Blitz hit for big damage, and burned her, but I took recoil damage that allowed her Thunderbolt to finish me from roughly 3/4. I brought in Wendy next, and as she healed, I used Phantom Force, which got the OHKO for the win.

As for AZ, well, Fable OHKO'd all three of his team members. His Floette came back to him and that was it. Also, I never changed my Pokemon's moves or items in the league once.

The Final Team!
      Spoiler:
      (M) "Fable", Level 62
      Stats: 184, 146, 112, 164, 106, 186
      Moves: Dark Pulse, Grass Knot, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam

(M) "Phoenix", Level 61
      Stats: 174, 141, 116, 103, 105, 185
      Moves: Acrobatics, Flare Blitz, Roost, Steel Wing

(F) "Citra", Level 61
      Stats: 191, 204, 131, 103, 112, 94
      Moves: Crunch, Hammer Arm, Low Sweep, Parting Shot

(M) "Burberry", Level 60
      Stats: 212, 123, 108, 139, 137, 71
      Moves: Charm, Draining Kiss, Moonblast, Reflect

(M) "Thundercat", Level 60
      Stats: 171, 108, 112, 162, 97, 163
      Moves: Charge, Flamethrower, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt

(F) "Wendy", Level 60
      Ability: Frisk
      Stats: 192, 174, 145, 95, 116, 75
      Moves: Destiny Bond, Horn Leech, Leech Seed, Phantom Force

Final playing time: 24:02 - I'd say that's around what my plays of this game tend to clock out at, so that's cool I guess. Haven't decided which generation I'll do this on next or whether I'll start something else up soon, but wanted to get this out.
        #85   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:59 PM).

Next challenge is Egypt Era

Era: Egypt

Notes: Only Mandatory Pokemon I can use is Golbat(other two are unobtainable). Planned Team will consist of Golbat, Butterfree, Primeape, Venusaur, Snorlax and Graveler. I should have this done by next weekend. Been a long time since I've had the chance to give Butterfree a run. Underrated Bug Type, even if they're outclassed in Generation 1.

#86   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 1 Week Ago (6:51 AM).

Ultra Moon Ancient Greece Time Warp Challenge - Update #1

Spoiler:
        -So I started the game, chose the girl and named her Olympia. Through the opening shenanigans, I chose Popplio and named it Link. So you have the first part of the story, you save Nebby and Tapu Koko saves you, and then we return to town and are invited to the festival. Come that time, Hau's Pichu immediately paralyzes me and I get fully paralyzed twice, but he decides to just be an idiot and use non-attacking moves. After a Potion, his Litten does the same and Link wins it.
        -Then we got the Pokedex, and my first catch was an Inkay named Scooper. We were then sent to the Trainer's School, where I caught a Zorua named Dorenbos. I then went back to beat the trainers on lower Route 1 to get them both some EXP.
        -At the Trainer's School, the foes weren't too tough, but had to tread carefully against the Teacher's Rowlet. We then entered Hau'oli City, and after receiving an upgrade for my Rotom Dex, I caught a Meowth named Chesire. We then had some Team Skull shenanigans to deal with but we took care of them. Ilima challenged me, and I tried first time but couldn't quite get it to work, so I gained a couple levels before re-attempting.
        -As I led off with Link against Yungoos, I got in two usages of Water Gun to get it below half. Dorenbos got in two usages of Leer before going down. I brought in Chesire and used Fake Out, but it got him to healing range, but no matter; Bite 2HKO'd him from there. Smeargle came next and Tackle did half on the dot while my Bite did moderate. Scooper handled it from there thanks to Foul Play, though.
        -Exploring Route 2, we were pulled aside and brought to Big Wave Beach, where we saved Mantine from Team Skull. Afterwards we headed to the Hau'oli Cemetery, I caught a Litwick that I named Inception. I also caught a Crabrawler named Crunchtime, although I forgot at first that I'm not supposed to use it against trainers until I finish my third trial. I did beat two trainers with it, but they were both ones that my team could have easily taken (one had a Murkrow and it didn't do all the work there, the other had a Rockruff). Soon after I caught a Growlithe named McSorley.
        -I then went through the Verdant Cavern for the trial and beat the lurking Pokemon, and Team Skull once again. As I reached Totem Raticate, Link was Level 15. I had to start with him, and Bite did under 1/4 but flinched me. I brought in Chesire and took a Quick Attack from Rattata and Bite from Raticate for over half, but used Growl to cut their Attack a bit. Raticate used Scary Face and Rattata missed a Tackle, but they ganged up on me and KO'd me, Raticate with Fury Swipes, which I have literally never seen it use up until now. I brought in McSorley for the Intimidate, then brought in Inception, who was OHKO'd with Raticate's Bite, which scored a critical hit. I brought in McSorley for another Intimidate, then brought in Scooper, who took two weak attacks for 1/4. Raticate used Bite and I was near half, but Rattata missed. Peck was light on Rattata. Raticate got me to 1/3, but my Oran Berry propped me up before a weak hit from Rattata. Peck got it below half. Bite got me below half and Quick Attack got me to 1/3 before flinching. I tried to get in the Reflect… And succeeded, but two turns were already done after Raticate finished me. I brought in McSorley for a third time and brought their Attack to -4, and after Raticate's Bite did 4 HP, Ember finished off Rattata. I dealt an okay Ember before a flinch brought me below 2/3 and the Reflect wore off. I then switched Dorenbos into a Bite for 2 HP, and used Fake Tears twice more to ready it for the finisher. I brought in Link once again, and after a weak Bite, three flinches including a critical hit that propped my Oran Berry, I lived another hit and used Disarming Voice for the win.
        -I beat a few trainers on Route 3, including a Psyduck that was a bit hard hitting. Once we entered the meadow, we watched Nebby make its way into the cave, and after Rotom activated its Roto Power, I caught an Oricorio that I named Hyporchema. Then we entered the cave!
        -In Seaside Cave, the Ultra Recon Squad wanted to investigate, so we battled Soliera, but her Furfrou was pretty simple. McSorley's Intimidate and Dorenbos' Fake Tears were a help. Ironically, Inception, who's immune to her only attacking move, was the only team member who didn't get any screen time. Lots of EXP spread there. After getting the Expert Belt, we saved Nebby, and Hau met with us. I'm not going to talk about him, because he was pretty easy. After doing so, Link evolved into Brionne. Then we were then invited to the Grand Trial in Iki Town!
        -We cleaned house by beating the last of the trainers on Route 3, including Ace Trainer Makana, who wasn't tough once his Butterfree was out of Silver Wind PP. His Slowpoke used Confusion against Dorenbos while disguised as Inception, which was pretty funny.
        -Then it was time for Hala! I began with Link against Machop, but immediately switched out for Inception as he used Focus Energy. Knowing Crabrawler was coming in - and I was right - I brought in Hyporchema. He was faster though, and Pursuit did a bit under 1/4. Air Cutter didn't even get him into the red, but he just used Leer afterwards and was finished. Makuhita came after, and I brought McSorley in for the Intimidate, but Fake Out rudely scored a critical hit for 1/3. I then used Scooper, who took a Sand-Attack for an accuracy boost. Yum yum! He spammed it for four more turns as I kept using Peck and eventually finished him. I used Peck against Machop for a light hit before Revenge OHKO'd. Hyporchema used Air Cutter for the win and the Melemele stamp.
        -So I got the Fightinium Z, and Tauros for my Ride Pager, and Lillie wanted me to aid her in learning more about Nebby. That's where I'll leave this off.

Team:
        Spoiler:
        (M) "Link", Level 17
        Stats: 49, 31, 32, 37, 37, 26
        Moves: Aqua Jet, Baby-Doll Eyes, Icy Wind, Water Gun

(F) "Scooper", Level 14
        Ability: Contrary
        Stats: 39, 20, 22, 14, 23, 19
        Moves: Constrict, Foul Play, Peck, Reflect

(M) "Dorenbos", Level 16
        Stats: 42, 29, 21, 32, 20, 27
        Moves: Fake Tears, Leer, Pursuit, Scratch

(M) "Inception", Level 16
        Ability: Flash Fire
        Stats: 43, 18, 23, 29, 26, 11
        Moves: Ember, Fire Spin, Smog, Will-o-Wisp

(M) "McSorley", Level 15
        Ability: Intimidate
        Stats: 42, 31, 20, 28, 21, 27
        Moves: Bite, Ember, Leer, Roar

(F) "Hyporchema", Level 15
        Stats: 49, 28, 29, 36, 29, 30
        Moves: Air Cutter, Growl, Peck, Pound
          #87   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 1 Week Ago (9:00 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by CodeHelmet.

Finished my Egypt Era run and it wasn’t that hard for once. Butterfree crushed Brock(wish I could use Mankey but he's not allowed until after Lt.Surge) while Bulbasaur crushed Misty. Geodude made short work of Lt.Surge and Golbat swept Erika thanks to Leech Life(does x4 on her Grass/Poison types). Used Butterfree against Koga with Psychic getting OHKO’s while Snorlax Body Slammed Sabrina’s Psychic Types. Used Graveler against Blaine to sweep him aside, although I could have used my Snorlax seeing as it had Surf. For Giovanni, I used Snorlax since Surf or Water was more effective due to Nidoking and Nidoqueen’s resistance to Grass.

As for Elite Four, this was Primeape’s time to shine, although I used Snorlax against Jynx(darn Psychic Types). Bruno fell to a combo of Venusaur and Golbat. Butterfree swept Agatha with Psychic and against Lance, Snorlax was the Hyper Beam Steamroller. Against Blue, I opened with Venusaur to dispose of Sandslash before swapping to Graveler. Fortunately I survived a Psychic Attack and OHKO’d it with a STAB Earthquake. Swapped to Golbat for Exeggutor and then Venusaur for Cloyster. For Ninetales, Graveler went in and disposed of the Fire Type before taking down Jolteon for the win.

As for my next sign-up:

Era: India

Notes: Mandatory Pokemon for this Era is Arbok. Unfortunately, Ekans line is unavailable in my version unless I use Ditto Glitch to get it(which I'm not fond of doing). Therefore I feel a suitable replacement is Tauros since they revere the Cow in India and this Bull Pokemon is the closest thing Kanto has. Will post results of challenge by next weekend.

#88   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 1 Week Ago (5:48 AM).
          Lilbluebox

Nature: Modest
            I've a silly question for you. Can we use the gamecube games in any of these challenges? I miss the Orre region a lot, and by looking at these I think a few would at least be doable, if that's all right?
              #89   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 1 Week Ago (12:02 PM).

So my India challenge wasn’t too bad. My team consisted of Pidgeot, Sandslash, Tauros(replacement for Arbok), Gyarados, Ninetales and Kadabra. My Electric starter was banned along with Poison and Fighting Types. That meant all Super Effective counters to Brock were off limits. Furthermore, Era rules required that I had to sell off most of my items before facing each Gym Leader. So all I had going for me was Pidgey and a single Potion when facing Brock. Fortunately Sand Attack is a really underrated in Generation 1(at least to me) and after reducing the accuracy of both Geodude and Onix, I whittled them down with Gust and Quick Attacks. Misty was not as easy with just Gyarados and Pidgey available. I had Sandshrew but he was a OHKO waiting to happen. Opened with Pidgey against Staryu and managed to win but fell to Starmie’s Bubblebeam. Gyarados ended up finishing the match with Bite. As for Lt.Surge, Sandshrew cleaned his clock before making my way to Celadon and Erika. After some grinding, my Vulpix(with Kadabra backup) defeated Erika for the Rainbowbadge. Koga fell to Kadabra while Tauros and his insane speed gave Sabrina a dose of his horns. Gyarados swept both Blaine and Giovanni before making my way to the Elite Four. Lorelei was my biggest challenge as I lacked a Super Effective counter to her. I started with Tauros and used his power to KO Dewgong and Cloyster but fell to Slowbro’s Psychic. Sent in Sandslash on a roll of the dice and managed to KO it with a STAB Dig. Tried to take on Jynx but her speed got the best of Sandslash. Went to Ninetales where her Flamethrower roasted it. Against Lapras I got it down to half HP before falling. Gyarados goes in and I Hyper Beamed for the win. I had one Max Revive left after making an offering prior to challenging the Elite Four so I revived Sandslash knowing I’d need him later.

Bruno was next and I opened with Gyarados before swapping to Pidgeot to KO his Fighting Types. I then did the unthinkable and took on his 2nd Onix using Sand Attack to remove Rock Slide from play. I then finished his Onix off before securing the win with the KO of Machamp. Agatha was easy: Kadabra in a straight sweep thanks to Psychic dominance. For Lance, I opened with Kadabra and got a lucky Critical Hit Psychic on his Gyarados. I then swapped to my own Gyarados and used Ice Beam to take down his pair of Dragonairs. For Aerodactly, I dodged a Rock Slide to KO it with Surf. Then it was Dragonite and I opened with Ice Beam that didn’t take him out. He returns with a Thunder Attack that misses, making it easy for me to KO Dragonite for the win(No Full Restore from Lance hah!).

For the final battle, I had just four Pokémon left. All were tired and damaged so this made this fight an actual challenge as there was no room for error. I opened with Gyarados since his Sandslash stood no chance against it. One Surf and it’s gone. Out comes Alakazam where a single Hyper Beam takes it down. Next is Exeggutor where Ice Beam does a number on him. After absorbing a Barrage, I finish it off with Ice Beam. Next is Cloyster and I open with Hyper Beam but it survives and finishes Gyarados off. Out comes Kadabra and I finish it off with Psychic. Next is Ninetales but it somehow outspeeds me and finishes Kadabra off. I’m down to two Pokémon but Sandslash, the one I revived for just this reason, comes in and takes down both Ninetales and his Jolteon to take the victory.

MVP of run is a toss up between Kadabra and Gyarados honestly. They’re both OP for a reason lol. As for my next challenge...

Era: Ancient Rome

Planned Team: TBD

#90   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 1 Week Ago (9:36 AM). Edited 3 Days Ago by CodeHelmet.

Small update for Ancient Rome(from which I'll edit in final result). For starters, my Pikachu was banned so I opted to replace him with Nidoran(male) to obtain a Super Effective counter to Brock's Rock Types. Brock fell relatively quickly and I quickly made my way to Mount Moon with just my trusty Nidoran leading the way. I reached Cerulean wherein I used Pikachu to obtain my next team member in Bulbasaur. Currently grinding Bulbasaur for my battle with Misty.

*Challenge update*: Complete.

Bulbasaur made Misty incredibly easy once I got him to a sufficient level. Bubblebeam still hurt but Leech Seed makes things a bit easier. By the time I got around to Lt.Surge, I had evolved Nidoran into its final form of Nidoking that made his Gym a cakewalk. I caught an Abra as I made my way to Rock Tunnel and proceeded to train it the hard way(as opposed to using Daycare) to evolve it into Kadabra. After grinding Kadabra to match everyone else, I breezed through Rock Tunnel with Bulbasaur crushing all those before him. Erika was surprisingly simple with Nidkoking and Kadbara crushing the Grass Pokemon(since most are part Poison). I battled my way to Fuchsia where Kadabra made short work of Koga's Gym. For Sabrina, I was in a bit of a pickle as none of my present team was effective against her Psychic Pokemon. Fortunately, when clearing out Silph to access her Gym, I added my next team member in Lapras to my team. This gave me a strong Pokemon with a good Physical move in Body Slam to utilize against her Psychic Pokemon. After grinding Lapras to a sufficient level, I faced off against Sabrina and managed to sweep her Pokemon consisting of the Abra line. Thank god for 130 HP stat as they say lol. When I reached Cinnabar, I filled out the rest of my team with Growlithe(who can only be obtained here.... wish he was available earlier) and Kabuto. After grinding both to sufficient levels and evolving them, I faced off against Blaine with Kabutops rolling him easily. For Giovanni, I was sufficiently high enough level wise that Lapras rolled him with no issue whatsoever.

For the Elite Four, I opened with Kabutops against Lorelei and managed to destroy her 5-0. Only one that proved to be a real issue was her Slowbro due to not being vulnerable to Rock. Bruno was swept aside by Venusaur 5-0 since their Special stats are too weak to overcome its 100 SpA and Critical Hit Razor Leaf attacks. Agatha fell to Kadabra 5-0. For Lance, I opted to open with Kabutops to take down his Gyarados but it fell to his first Dragonair(Thunderbolt would do that). I then send in Lapras and proceed to breeze through him. Although Kabutops fainted, I'm able to revive him for the final battle. I open with Venusaur against Sandslash and I take him down quickly. For Alakazam, I opted to swap to Lapras and absorb a strong Psybeam. I then proceed to take it down with a good Body Slam that paralyzes it and finish it off with another. For Exeggutor, Ice Beam OHKO's it. Against Cloyster, I swap to Kabutops where I get an Aurora Beam that does virtually nothing thanks to Water resisting it. I finish it off with a x2 STAB Rock Slide. Up next is Ninetales and a good old Rock Slide KO's the Fire Pokemon. Finally its Jolteon and I swap to Nidoking where it falls to an Earthquake attack.

Signup for next challenge shall come shortly.

#91   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 5 Days Ago (4:36 AM).

Ultra Moon Ancient Greece Time Warp Challenge - Update #2

Spoiler:
                So the first thing I did was go to Ten Carat Hill, where I caught multiple Pokemon, including a Carbink named Stalagmite and a Mawile named Fragments. We then Mantine Surfed our way to Akala Island. Sina wasn't tough given my array of Fire-types, and we eventually got to Paniola Town, but not without first catching an Eevee named Diceroll, which I would later on evolve.

Hau was waiting in the town! As he began with Torracat, I led off with Link, and he used his Z-Move, Breakneck Blitz, right off the bat, which did a little less than half. Water Pledge didn't OHKO, but Aqua Jet picked him off. I brought Inception in for Pikachu, but was 2HKO'd by Electro Ball. Dorenbos 2HKO'd with Feint Attack (he only just used Quick Attack first turn, and after two turns I had a tad over half). I got in a quick Feint Attack against Noibat, and Quartzite took that from there as he used Tackle. Eevee was very simple work.

As for Gladion later on (after getting Stoutland and some other stuff), Hyporchema OHKO'd Zorua with a critical hit Air Cutter after switching into a Feint Attack, Zubat took three turns to beat thanks to a miss, and Null I lowered his Attack with Growl and McSorley, who I tried to have beat it thanks to Leftovers outdoing his Tackle… But a critical hit on the third hit did me in. Quartzite took care of him. We beat a lot of trainers, and soon were ready for a showdown with Totem Araquanid.

As the Totem Aura boosted its Speed, I began with Link, and after a Leech Life for over 1/3, I used Confide to cut its Sp Atk, but I had Leftovers backing as it called upon its ally Dewpider. I switched in McSorley for the Intimidate, as it used a light Leech Life and Dewpider used Bug Bite. I then let Quartzite get sacked to two usages of Bubble (it was slightly weakened from earlier), then brought in McSorley again for another Intimidate. But it got the jump on me, and Bubble got me to 3 HP thanks to the Confide before Bite did slightly under half to Dewpider, then it finished me. I brought in Link again, and after Leech Life did under 1/5, Icy Wind cut their Speed stats, but Dewpider used Sticky Web. I used Icy Wind again, leaving it at -1 before another Leech Life. Dewpider's Bubble was light, but lowered my Speed. I went for Aqua Jet hoping to finish off Dewpider, which it did. Hanging on after another Leech Life, I had to get out of there. I switched in Fragments, who got off an Intimidate to get its Attack to -3, and after a Bubble for over half my remaining health, Fake Tears halved its Sp Def before it finished me. I brought in Dorenbos, and used another Fake Tears to get its Sp Def to -4, before Leech Life scored a critical hit for the OHKO. RUDE! So I brought in Hyporchema, and Air Cutter got the OHKO for the win.

After that we had the Ultra Recon Squad. Soliera then faced me with Poipole, and Inception came in for that. She used an X Sp. Def and avoided a Will-o-Wisp before I got in another, and she was content in using Charm for a bit and her Venoshock wasn't doing that much being resisted and all. I did cause her to use her Super Potion, though, and after she was freed from Fire Spin, switched Inception out. I let Quartzite in on her, and that took care of her relatively easily. I got a free Mystic Water afterwards. Then it was time for a Battle Royale! Quartzite took in, and despite Hau's Torracat rudely getting a burn and flinch on me in one turn, he was outed first for the loss. Kiawe invited me to his trial, and I went from there to Wela Volcano Park and caught a female Salandit that I named Althea. And after some trainers… MORE TRIALS!!!

Link easily handled the first two opponents despite taking a small hit from Magmar's Clear Smog, then it was Totem time! As the aura doubled its Speed, I began the battle by switching in McSorley for the Intimidate, causing its Detect to fail before it called upon Salazzle. Which used Poison Gas before Marowak's Brick Break did almost 2/3, then my Bite was moderate. Salazzle finished mem with Flame Burst. I brought in Quartzite, but Rock Tomb was blocked by a Detect as Salazzle's Venoshock hit for 1/5. It hit the next turn though, and lowered Marowak's Speed, but not without being knocked to 1/4. Salazzle then finished me. I then used Althea, but Dragon Rage was blocked by Marowak's Detect as Salazzle used Torment. So I had to sack off Dorenbos, then brought in Althea again and went for Dragon Rage on Salazzle, and was just above 1/3 after a gang-up. I went for Salazzle, which proved to be the right choice as Marowak used Detect and I lived with 1 HP!!! Salazzle was down, and Marowak…did not follow suit the next turn and finished Althea. Hyporchema dealt the last hit for the win. We got Charizard, and I went back to Route 3 and caught a Mankey named Ravine, which I added to the team. Then there were EVEN MORE TRAINERS. Against the Route 5 trial guide, his Slowpoke had used Confusion against Dorenbos while it was disguised as Ravine, omg. Plenty of EXP was spread afterwards. Soon after, it was time to enter Lush Jungle and take on our next trial, with one nasty Totem Lurantis.

As the Totem Aura doubled its Speed, I began with Link, and used Protect to block its Solar Blade, and waste its Power Herb. It called upon Kecleon, and as it readied Solar Blade again, I used Icy Wind to cut their Speed a bit, but not without Kecleon using Sunny Day. I blocked Solar Blade and a Dizzy Punch, then switched in McSorley for the Intimidate. Solar Blade hit for almost half, as Kecleon's Screech hit. I unfortunately had to sack off Dorenbos, who managed to live a Solar Blade at -1 only for Dizzy Punch to hit and finish it. I brought in Ravine, who after living Solar Blade with 6 HP demolished Kecleon with Cross Chop before the sunlight faded. I brought in McSorley again to get off another Intimidate, and as it used Solar Blade, I brought in Hyporchema and took 1/6. It readied Solar Blade again as I used Roost, then hit as I used it again to heal to full. I switched Link into a weak X-Scissor, and used Icy Wind again to cut its Speed some, but it caused it to call upon its ally Comfey. I blocked the Solar Blade as Comfey used Flower Shield on Lurantis to boost its Defense. Comfey used Flower Shield again as Lurantis used Synthesis before I used another Icy Wind. I brought in McSorley once again, but Flower Veil blocked Intimidate before another X-Scissor AND another Flower Shield. Deciding it would be better to worry about Comfey later, I aimed for it. But first I took another weak X-Scissor, and then Comfey used Sunny Day, allowing me to do narrowly under half its remaining health with Flame Wheel. As Lurantis used Solar Blade once again, it did over half my remaining health, and I came up just short of finishing Comfey. It was then time for me to bring in Althea, who took Solar Blade for…9 damage. Comfey propped it back up to full with Floral Healing, as I finished Comfey with Ember…right before reaching Level 24 and learning Flame Burst. It used Low Sweep, and I used Flame Burst for over half before the sunlight faded. There was nothing to it from there, it wasted my time using Synthesis until it ran out of PP and I took care of it.

After they had cleared out, Kukui gave me a few items and invited me to the Dimensional Research Lab. But before doing that, I stayed behind to catch a Steenee that I named Runway. It was time for me to leave McSorley behind. This could potentially be my final team. We'll find out if it does!

Team:
                Spoiler:
                (M) "Link", Level 26
                Stats: 71, 45, 47, 55, 55, 39
                Moves: Aqua Jet, Baby-Doll Eyes, Icy Wind, Protect

(M) "Dorenbos", Level 23
                Stats: 57, 40, 28, 45, 28, 38
                Moves: Fake Tears, Feint Attack, Leer, Scary Face

(F) "Ravine", Level 23
                Ability: Anger Point
                Stats: 57, 45, 28, 24, 27, 41
                Moves: Brick Break, Cross Chop, Focus Energy, Pursuit