• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ? The PokéPositivity Club ?

Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
Welcome to the PokéPositivity Club
*Home to all Pokémon who have been disregarded or wrongfully hated through the course of history*

Who Are We?
Here in the PPC our goal is to take the reputations of mistreated Pokémon and flip them upside-down. We will engage in discussions about what makes them great, despite what others may say. Be it their design, portrayal in the anime, dex entries, or just plain cuteness that was somehow overlooked, we will find nice things to say about all of these good bois.

Examples Include
- Silcoon/Cascoon
- Stunfisk
- Slakoth
- Patrat
- Luvdisc
- Stantler
- Qwilfish
- Zubat

And sadly, many more.

Rules
1. THIS CLUB IS A PLACE FOR POSITIVITY ONLY. This means that you may not insult any pokémon posted on this thread or club members. It's just like your mom always said, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything".
2. You may post as many times as you like in response to however many posts you want. However, for the sake of saving both time and space, it is preferred that if you are responding to multiple posts that you try to do so in one large post as opposed to many small ones.
3. I feel as though this should be a given but please avoid any and all slurs. Such words WILL NOT be tolerated.
4. Keep it relatively clean. This is a franchise mainly aimed at kids after all.
5. NO NSFW CONTENT. Please. Just Please. No.

How to Join
Username:
Good Boi: (picture of pokémon and/or a brief description of why you think they deserve more love)

It's that simple!

This thread will be based on proposals from anyone wanting to post so if you have a Pokémon in mind that you would like to see get the validation both you and it need, feel free to suggest it for review!
Pictures are not required but very much appreciated.

Members
KingSwing
VisionofMilotic
strangerhypno
Fairy
Adventure
LadyJirachu
Pemderp

Pokémon We've Discussed
Spoiler:

Note: This is my first club and major thread so it may take a little while for me to fully flesh out rules, policies, and graphic design for this club. Please be patient and if you have any recommendations or ideas for me, feel free to tell me in a private message! Thanks!

NOW

To start this list off, I propose an easy beginning. One who I believe is a true example of how a hated Pokémon can overcome the hate and become legend. Today we will start with...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
Magikarp.jpg

MAGIKARP!!!

This good boi is the champion of jumping. He's so good in fact that he managed to jump over everyone's misguided hatred and right into our hearts.

Feel free to respond with what you love about him, more amazing pics, or even just a like. Whatever you see as an expression of support.
If you have another recommendation for a Pok?mon in need of love, feel free to post that too!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I will forever love my amazing cute Crabominable <3

Pok%C3%A9mon.600.2158432.jpg

I feel like Magikarp isn't really impopular or hated anymore. It's a boring pok?mon, but they really hyped it up lately with the song and game etc haha. It's just useless, but that doesn't mean one should hate it :3 The big one in the anime was really cute!

Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
There are those who may see Crabominable as a horrifying hybrid of crustacean and mammal. These people
ARE WRONG

What they fail to see is that this beautiful mustacean is a crab... that you can pet! This is REVOLUTIONARY!
It's also the only pok?mon with a Fighting/Ice combo which I think is pretty cool.

Last edited:
Years
I have used Gyarados in literally every single generation of Pokemon, which is kinda huge for any pokemon. This means I have raised a lot of magikarps in the process too. Magikarp is such a great find because it appears early game, evolves at low levels into a great Pokemon and can be found anywhere you fish or bought dirt cheap like the cost of a super potion. I always want to grab a magikarp when I see one while exploring a new region because its such a safe investment. No matter what pokemon this region brings when you see magikarp you are promised a useful, fully evolved pokemon in the near future at a time when you may barely have two badges. So Magikarp for me represents stability, especially if I don't get a water starter, its an early opportunity for a classic water Pokemon.

Magikarp has a solid design, its pokedex entries are humorous and he has starred in some great episodes of the Pokemon anime. I really loved the episode Pokemon Shipwreck, its a favorite, and I have fond memories of renting the volume with that episode to watch over the weekend as I escaped from the horrors of school. I believe it was in the Seaside Pikachu collection. After school on my way home on Friday as a kid I would stop by a small local video store that a had handful of Pokemon videos spread among their animation department, and when *that* set was in stock or my other favorite volume dealing with Ghosts and Sabrina then I knew it was gonna be a good weekend. I would pick up an order of fries with a cheeseburger from a sandwich stop at the corner, rent my Pokemon episodes and waddle home to watch James' antics with Magikarp.

My mom doesn't play Pokemon but even she recognizes Magikarp easily like Jigglypuff or Pikachu and she loves him and finds him incredibly endearing. I think he might be her favorite Pokemon, and I'm trying to convince her to get the magikarp jump app.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Qwilfish is an underrated fish compared to even Magikarp.

2211-Shiny-Qwilfish.png

Not only does it have the awesome water/poison typing, it has somewhat decent stats, movepool and ability so fans who are all competitive these days can't entirely deject it. And has a cool design. And it doesn't evolve into anything which means you can use it to its full potential right off the start (at least not yet, unfortunately people think this thing needs an evolution). Non fans like to make attempts at being witty and say what is this thing and I forget it existed. Well they are missing out on a great pokemon.

Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
Qwilfish is an underrated fish compared to even Magikarp.

2211-Shiny-Qwilfish.png

Not only does it have the awesome water/poison typing, it has somewhat decent stats, movepool and ability so fans who are all competitive these days can't entirely deject it. And has a cool design. And it doesn't evolve into anything which means you can use it to its full potential right off the start (at least not yet, unfortunately people think this thing needs an evolution). Non fans like to make attempts at being witty and say what is this thing and I forget it existed. Well they are missing out on a great pokemon.

I'm so glad you brought up Qwilfish! It's actually the first Pok?mon I thought of when making this club. For starters, Qwilfish is one cute boi. Any combination of a stern expression with the goofiness of it's crossed eyes is a winner in my book. It's colors work well together, despite not being particularly attractive on their own. Plus... I love his little tail. And I would argue that he is one of the most meme-able pok?mon out there. He was involved in a lot of inside jokes between my friends and I for years.

On top of all that, it's actually known as a pretty good Pok?mon for PU rank. So what if that's the bottom rank in comp? Qwilfish doesn't care. It's too busy laying down toxic spikes to dwell on the h8rs *dabs*

Wait... can a fish dab...?

Anyways, attached are two pictures. One is made by one of my friends and no other context will be provided. The other is a picture of a mega evolution concept that someone made which I thought might actually be pretty neat because you're correct, it does not need an evolution.

I give it 9/10 hugs. Would be perfect if not for the toxic spikes, a known hug deterrent.

Attachments

• 8211-Mega-Qwilfish.png
    8211-Mega-Qwilfish.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 4
  • arealamericanhero_20161122_230845.jpg
    arealamericanhero_20161122_230845.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 3
Years
I was just about to post this video by Ovi about Magikarp. He's a really underrated poketuber but his content is some of the most informative, and he made a nice video about Magikarp that I think is worth a share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq3Tggrc4-I

Once I got here I started reading these cool posts about Qwilfish and decided to give him some love too. I've wanted to do a water monotype of Crystal for awhile. I'm gonna make sure that I catch a qwilfish now that you guys have drawn my attention to him. I have been poisoned by this little guy before, so I know you can do something with him. Looking at his movepool in more recent years there are some nice things it knows like destiny bond, fell stinger, it has access to priority, entry hazards, can go boom and has two solid stab moves to take advantages of its dual typing. Swift swim with 85 base speed is also really good. So I think this little guy might have gotten overlooked for a mega. He's kinda cute too, the round shape and color of Flounder from The Little Mermaid and that petulant pout reminds me of dal dolls.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
I like this guy and the points brought up in the video. I had never even thought about the fact that magikarp can be found in any type of natural body of water while still maintaining all the same attributes. Finding that kind of versatility with environments is suuuuper rare in the animal kingdom. Good job magikarp! You're an apex survivalist.

And on the note of monotype runs, I'm also doing one. It's an ultimate run but once I play Johto Qwilfish is 100% going to be on my team.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
While we're on the topic of Johto, I would like to bring up Igglybuff

I feel like most of the baby pokémon have a tendency to be forgotten but Igglybuff is probably my favorite out of all of them so it is the one I chose to bridge into this. As you can see, it is very round and extremely huggable. It also evolves into my main in Smash.

11/10 hugs. Such a good good boi

Years
Iggybuff is ridiculously cute! I was breeding for a shiny iggybuff recently to evolve into Jigglypuff. The shiny puff has a stunning pair of green eyes that I can't wait to see open. I haven't gotten my shiny yet, but I'm still happy to have a box full of iggybuff. They are so cute, especially seeing their animation in recent gens. They are about to float away in the breeze! Since I now have more iggybuff than I could possibly use I have been sharing them all over wonder trade these past few days, they have good ivs, natures and most of them have the competitive ability. I hope these cuties make somebody smile as they travel all over the world, these balloon babies sail from the U.S to Japan to France. Have a safe journey! I attached moon stones to a few of them :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
This is exactly the kind of good wholesome content we strive to create here at the PPC. I loved reading this. Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Igglybuff is cool, its gold dex entry says "It has a very soft body. If it starts to roll, it will bounce all over and be impossible to stop." A serious interpretation would mean this pink thing can generate infinite kinetic energy. Stronger than most legendary pokemon for sure.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Igglybuff is super adorable! Surely nobody talks badly of it?

Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
Sadly a lot of people do purely because it falls in the category of baby pok?mon. I would say VGC players make up the majority of them although thats just from personal experience. Some people only see pok?mon as their game stats. Has Paul taught us nothing?

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I'll join.

I feel fairy types get too much unfair hate and they're ADORABLE. Cute things should be respected >:( Annnd not just cuz they slay dragons xD I mean, that alone is awesome, but whats wrong with liking something for just being 'cutesy'....

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Do I detect some positive Fairy representation??? I will join!

Name: Fairy
Good boi:
snubbull.svg

Fairy types get so much unnecessary flack, when the reality is that they're super cool! I see Snubbull get talked down about a lot because people think that it was an ugly Pokemon to begin with, and with the additional Fairy typing it just seemed to attract more negative attention. Fairies need love too! Same with all the underdog Pokemon!

Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
I'll be honest, when fairy type first became a thing, I was furious. It ruined the meta and had a dumb name. Then I learned how to loosen up and get over myself and I find them far more enjoyable. I like the design elements used in a lot of the fairy type additions!

As for Snubbull I cannot say the same...

because they're dogs so I've always liked them! I don't particularly understand why it and Granbull became fairy type, but I'm glad it makes them somewhat relevant again.

8/10 hugs. The sharp teeth scare me but it will not stop my love.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
People who hate things for being 'girly' make me sick to my stomach. ESPECIALLY cuz I grew up a girly girl, have been told being girly is a serious evil many many times through my online years, and pretty much never meet other people like me on forums as a whole :(

Evil people who hate things that are probably VERY NICE for no reason are destestable.

My favorite fairies are sylveon and jigglypuff btw though i really just like fairies in general.

I trained a lot of fairies on deluge rpg too :3

Back