• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Do the originals stand up to ORAS?

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
I prefer RSE over ORAS for a number of reasons:

• Difficulty
  • Difficulty
  • Difficulty
  • Difficulty
  • Battle Facilities
Emerald can stand up to ORAS based on the previous posts.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
For me, I prefer the originals. There were some quirks about the graphics that I always thought were adorable that you can't do in ORAS, like pretending to be buried in mud in Lavaridge town. I also liked that the originals didn't bore me with an obnoxiously long story line and let me play the game. I appreciated the difficulty and the belief in my intelligence as well. ORAS seems to do a lot for me, which I feel takes away from the fun of having to do things myself, like hunt down Latios/Latias. (Maybe I'm just weird?)
I do like the new features in ORAS that help you hunt down the Pokemon you are looking for directly.
I do kinda wish they would make an updated version of Emerald.

Back