The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Roleplay Theatre Roleplay Casting
Pokémon OPEN Pokémon Odyssey: Search For Cresselia (OOC + SU)

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 5th, 2014 (6:22 PM).

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Maverick View Post
Name: Sylvio Arcansus
Species: Delphox
oh sweet a Delphox.

And I don't know if it's just me but Ray, your CSS is kinda breaking my screen a little. Not much, but it's going outside your post's boundaries, lol.

Under Renovations
Old July 6th, 2014 (9:30 AM).
Goodbye PC...for now.

I wanna squeeze in here. I'm almost anorexic sized! I can do it!

Name: Warren Karkanos
    Title: Devastator, because he wants to have a title.
    Species: Blastoise
    Faction: The Alpha Alliance (General)

Appearance: A couple of links are provided. Other than the average Blastoise, he is a bit bulkier, and far more fit for close quarters combat.

Normal

Getting Ready to Charge

Personality:
    "Why can't everyone just shut up and have a drink?"

Warren is going to be the "hardened veteran" this time around. This guy saw some serious sh*t during the previous war with Darkrai, and he's even seen a bit of sh*t since then. He is a hardened warrior, meaning his discipline on the battlefield is stronger than his love of alcohol, which is astronomical. When on downtime he may be found in the local tavern, the camp ale storage, or the training ground. Although Warren is a drunkard and a brawler, he's a loyal and powerful drunkard and brawler. His dedication to the Alpha Alliance is unquestionable, and his hatred of evil emanates off of him tangibly. Although he drinks a lot, he likes to get things done. Warren does what he does to the best of his ability, and that's destroy everything he possibly can.

Warren is both loud and rowdy: The life of the party. He'll be the first to lead the bar in a drinking song. He's friendly in an odd sort of way. He's kind to newcomers. He'll show them around the camp, introduce them to people of note, and, finally, seal the deal with a mug of ale. Warren will not consider himself friends with you until you toasted mugs of ale together. This Blastoise has a strange appreciation for one who is willing to sit down and swap battle stories, something he excels at from his years in the Alpha Alliance. To him there is nothing more honorable than fighting in a cause that you believe in. That's why he fights so avidly for peace. Although he is a bit kind, he may be a tad more blunt than the situation calls for. Aside from this, he is stubborn and tenacious. If he sees something he wants, he's going to get it. Or, you know, die trying.

In battle, Warren does what he wants. There's really no particular strategy for it, but he doesn't really need it, considering that his cannons decimate everything in his path, and his physical prowess exceeds that of most soldiers. He's actually an accomplished leader. If he's placed in command of you, the odds are greater than not that you'll be coming back alive. If he took part in a fantasy RPG party, he would be the tank. He's fond of protecting those smaller than himself, and is willing to dive into the depths of Hell and back to bring his friends to safety. Or his acquaintances. He really doesn't discriminate. As long as you have a drink with him, he thinks the world of you.

History:
    "My past?...Somebody get me an ale. This won't be pretty."

Warren was born to a Poliwrath father and a Blastoise mother, both of which being soldiers in the Alpha Alliance. He was an odd child, both quiet and disruptive at the same time. He managed to cause almost limitless amounts of trouble without speaking a single word. Sometimes he would pull petty pranks such as putting terribly flavored powder in someone's drink. Sometimes he would go as far as placing a small explosive device underneath the camp lavatory. He was always on the move with his parents, and so they attempted to discipline him at every new camp. It didn't work for a long time, but by his seventeenth birthday he had evolved into a Wartortle during training. As he evolved, something inside him changed.

Warren grew up then and there. He still followed his parents around with the army, but he participated in patrols, raids, and guard duties. He became skilled at what he did, and, to his parents approval, learned discipline. On one fatal day, however, his family's platoon attacked a rumored thief camp. These thieves turned out to be deadly bandits, however. The fight between the platoon and the bandits was a short one, but a fatal one. At the end, only Warren and the captain were left. The results of the battle, although major, were costly. The AA had lost an entire of platoon of decent soldiers, and Warren his parents.

Over the next few years, Warren took up drinking. He became known as the AA's greatest drinkers, and rowdiest partiers. He stayed disciplined, however, out of respect for his parents' memory. He retained his combat skills, and even improved upon them for as long as he could. As time passed, he evolved into a Blastoise. His rigorous training and participation in intense combat turned him into a force to be reckoned with, and the AA.

Things were routine for Karkanos's unit...until the Silver Tribe showed up. Warren's unit was among the first to hit the dirt. He lead many a charge against the enemy Ancients, and racked up a mighty fine kill count. Although he participated in many of the large-scale battles, he played no important part. That was the Gold Tribe's job. He simply did was he does best: Destroy absolutely everything in his path. He lead the charge of a large battalion of troops in the final battle at Silver/Gold City. His unit had the most troops remaining after the battle was over, an impressive feat. Warren's leadership abilities earned him a place among the higher ranking commanders in the AA's army.

For years Warren lead a special task force designed to hunt down the remaining Ancients. His skill only increased over the years, and soon enough the Alliance's generals took note of his ability to fight and lead, as well as his courage and honesty. At the age of forty-two, the people finally began to take not of his abilities as well. A besieged town would lose fear as soon as they heard the Devastator was coming to save them. He was elected, almost against his will, at the age of forty-five. Warren's position in the AA was quite high, but now he has been elevated to a position of the utmost importance. His new goal? To stop Darkrai.

Ability: Torrent

Moveset: Hydro Pump, Aqua Jet, Skull Bash, Earthquake, Ice Beam, and Waterfall

RP Sample: A reason post from Gimmiepie's Fragmented.
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8325663&postcount=23
    Old July 6th, 2014 (3:03 PM). Edited July 6th, 2014 by SV.
    See You Space Cowboy

Nature: Relaxed
    Alright Challenger and Ray, you're accepted! Welcome back to Odyssey!

IC is up everyone. Let's get crackin' on those posts! If you have any questions, comments, or ideas, feel free to shoot me a PM, VM, message here or skype!

-SV

A Legend once told me that roleplaying is about bringing people together and celebrating creative vision.
    Paired with the Artsy Infinite and the Spectacular Shak
    Old July 6th, 2014 (6:57 PM).
    Goodbye PC...for now.

Before I write my post, does anybody want to do a JP that involves a crazy drinking party and a few songs?
      Old July 6th, 2014 (9:57 PM).
      Not a beginner that's for sure

Nature: Calm
      Hey SV! Are SUs still open?

I'd love to join with a mareep or something. :) Thanks!
      Old July 7th, 2014 (1:45 PM).
      See You Space Cowboy

Hey Kiklion! SUs are probably closed at this point because I let in more than I originally intended anyways (there's like 12, I wanted 10 max). I might be able to fit you in if you come up with something cool!

A Legend once told me that roleplaying is about bringing people together and celebrating creative vision.
      Old July 7th, 2014 (2:27 PM).

Oh... I go on vacation and miss this amazing RP. I hope more spots open up one day, but I'll just have to read along for now. I'm sure you guys will make some amazing stuff! :3
        Old July 7th, 2014 (6:17 PM).
        I AM THE REAL SONIC

Nature: Adamant
        I'm a bit preoccupied with the Get Together right now, but will try to have my first post up before too long. I also should have my own internet connection within the week so I'll be better able to keep up with RPs after that.
        Old July 7th, 2014 (10:51 PM). Edited July 7th, 2014 by Kikpanther.
        Not a beginner that's for sure

Name: Annabeth Serta
        Title: N/A
        Species: Mareep
        Faction: SEC
        Appearance: Nothing except for a shnazzy bowtie.

Personality: First an foremost, Annabeth loves her work and doesn't want to see too much getting in the way of that. Anna will jump leaps and bounds to see her work completed and see it safe which is much more than she affords other tasks. If it's not directly related to her work, acceptable loses become much more acceptable. While her work has little to do with quick getaways, Annabeth is likely to leave others behind if she feels the need to due to an unfortunate lack of loyalty.

Anna doesn't feel very obligated to others unless they're crucial to her work or family. Long time friends doesn't necessarily mean she'll throw it all away for you. It'd have to take a very special person (or someone who can change her views on loyalty) to keep her more attached. This attitude reflects in other areas, battling in particular, which Anna holds no value for. She has maybe only battled once or twice in her life. She found no joy or excitement or need to do it after the first time and she's more than happy to accept the fact that she may never will. In her circumstance, Annabeth doesn't think fighting well will ever be something she'd need to consider and thus has never trained herself. She does have higher leveled attacks, sure, but that's merely only because of the availability of the TMs the SEC has provided the world. She got only what would aide her in sciences or help for a quick getaway.

Getaways being very important to Annabeth. While she doesn't value fighting that doesn't mean others don't and being (just a bit she'll tell you) cowardly, Annabeth needs something that will help her escape! Her Flash/Substitute combo has helped her time and time again. If there's anything about her abilities that she enjoys, it's those two reliable moves.

History: It seemed like as a child, Annabeth was the only one in her family concerned with things like science and discovery. She often went off on her own picking through flowers and things like grass to make concoctions all of her own! Usually it ended in a mess, but it was tamed once her mother figured out she could trick her into cooking. Anna's fascination with the sciences lead her into the world of chemistry and biology, as well as a few other subjects she looked into.

As an adult in the scientific community, Annabeth she spent her time researching the mystery of pokerus before discovering how to harness its full power and deliver it to other pokemon in a pill form. So far it's only available for fighting forces, but she hopes soon it will be open to the public. In the meantime, Annabeth is now focusing her time on the mysteries of the move Hidden Power and how or if it will open the secret for Pokemon to learn moves beyond their current abilities. Perhaps even assume new types beyond that of their species.

Moveset: Thunder Bolt, Thunder Wave, Tackle, Flash, Hidden Power, Substitute
        RP Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7215247&postcount=271
        Old July 7th, 2014 (10:57 PM).
        See You Space Cowboy

Alright Kiklion, you're accepted!

With that, SU's are for the moment closed. I will re-open them once spots become available or if more RPers are needed!

Old July 8th, 2014 (8:15 PM).
        Just won't die.

Nature: Naughty
        *Cue this thread never being used because skype chat*
        Old July 9th, 2014 (12:09 AM).
        See You Space Cowboy

You know what, the might not be too far off, Xil. I'll try to still post here on occasions if there happens to be someone not in the skype chat.

If you're not in, PM me your username if you'd like to be, and I'll add you in! It's a great way to communicate, work together, and ask questions!

Old July 10th, 2014 (6:42 PM).
        See You Space Cowboy

Alright guys, we've got things underway! At the moment, we've got two main groups (for Gold Tribe at least). One that's heading toward the wall to protect the city, and another that's ensuring that the citizens are teleported out of the city. We'll probably be doing JPs or single posts for those (if you want in on either, let us know!). Or if you like, you can also do your own thing. Enjoy!

-SV

Old July 10th, 2014 (6:53 PM).
        Goodbye PC...for now.

You guys do everything important while I'm at work! Stahp it! >:(

I do not have Skype because it makes me mad. Haha.

But I'm going to join the group defending the city. Gotta have a general and all.
          Old July 10th, 2014 (7:07 PM).
          I AM THE REAL SONIC

I made a post to establish Victor's position when everything started going down. now I just have to find the Madman. *Shudders*
          Old July 11th, 2014 (11:03 AM).
          Goodbye PC...for now.

Apologies about my short post. I had like 30 minutes to write it, but then things happened and I had like fifteen and I need to go to work and all. It establishes where THIS general is going.
            Old July 15th, 2014 (3:11 AM). Edited July 15th, 2014 by SV.
            See You Space Cowboy

The story so far...

Pokemon from all across Valkaria (and some from beyond it) arrive to the thirtieth anniversary celebrating the end of the Silver War. Many Pokemon, especially some Gold Tribe and Seekers, are skeptical about the party, which was organized by General Grett. The grandiose design and festival which the ceremony has become, was thought by many to be unnecessary, too festive and less honoring, and just downright pointless. Though many respect the sacrifices of the Silver War, there are also some believe that Darkrai never actually appeared in the closing stages of the war, and that the war was conducted by former members of the Gold Tribe in the form of the Silver Tribe. This group, or movement, is called the Valkarian Exposure and is led by a former Commander Hypno known as Thomas Blake.

The party progressed on, with many old acquaintances meeting back up and some new ones meeting for the first time. Notable dignitaries included the Thieves with their King Snype, the Seekers and their leader Penance, SEC employees and their founder Hanso, the Gold Tribe and their leader Guardia, as well as many more surprising and some new faces. As the ceremony for the fallen was conducted, however, Thomas Blake got into an argument with another General, Riken, about the nature of the Silver War's end. Soon after, Grett revealed a surprising bit of information, his involvement with Darkrai, which promptly led to his appearance along the outskirts of Gold City soon after, along with an army. Grett was soon dispatched, and everyone got to work. The defense of Gold City had begun, with the Gold Tribe and other defenders clamoring over to the wall of the city, while others heading to the SEC Network points (there being three) to try and evacuate all the non-combating citizens to other cities.

Unknown to the defenders originally, a Greninja believed to be working, perhaps voluntarily, with Darkrai, has begun destroying the Network points. He has successfully destroyed Network point two with a Hyper Beam Cannon, and proceeded to Network point three. A fire had mysteriously begun around Network point three. The Greninja was discovered by Snype, Paradox (Penance), and other defenders of the Alpha Alliance. The Hyper Beam Cannon was fired, but the network point was thankfully not destroyed, and in the process of being moved (as it is somewhat portable by SEC employees). Though in apparent captivity, the Darkrai agent known as Gabriel, or Gabe, hinted at possible other infiltrators into the city. At the same time at Network point one, an Ursaring revealed himself and began causing mayhem around there as well, apparently with the goal to destroy the Network point there.

Meanwhile at the wall, the defense of the city began. Darkrai's army was vast and wide, but with the Gold Tribe, the Alpha Alliance, Hyper Beam Cannons and a small, evil Ralts, the walls were being held off. Stampedes and other Pokemon charged for the gates, but were held off. An enormous Wailord began to be carried by the Pokemon of Darkrai. It seemed to support a lot of weight on it, despite the Wailord's notoriety for being quite light. Even with some armor plating around it, it didn't appear to make much sense yet. However, with a bit of a psychic disturbance from Razathiel, the Wailord was initially tipped over and caused destructive damage to the armies of Darkrai. The Pokemon of Darkrai quickly recovered the Wailord, put psychic barriers around to prevent additional mishaps, and proceeded again forward to the wall. The Gold Tribe and General Warren headed over the gate to take on a few enemies close range, and the defense of Gold City continued.

Old July 17th, 2014 (1:38 PM).
            Magnificent Turnip

Location: Private property what the heck are you doing here get out
              Goin' on holiday for about 2 weeks, have fun without me for a lil' while :P

Old July 18th, 2014 (5:44 PM).
              I AM THE REAL SONIC

Sorry about my lack of activity this week. With the Get Together over now, I had to attend to my new mod duties, as well as some RL business. Hopefully from here on out I should be able to keep up better. I'll be on the Skype Chat tomorrow and be posting sometime then.

Post numbah 69! Awwww yeah!
              Old July 27th, 2014 (1:34 AM).
              See You Space Cowboy

Hey everyone! Read Mega's latest Odyssey post, which is a JP with me! It'll lay out the group's plan to basically get out of here. Anyone else that wouldn't have been mentioned (if you believe so) can also head to Network Point 3. You can either do a JP with someone (or myself) or a single post (what is that???). From there, we're taking off from the city and heading to the real adventure!

If you have any questions, message me on skype, PM, or VM me!

Old July 31st, 2014 (7:37 AM).
              I AM THE REAL SONIC

I just wanted to say that it's been really hard for me to want to RP lately, and I'm really not sure why. I am seriously considering quitting because I'm not so sure I have the drive to roleplay any more. It's a really tough decision for me, I mean I love playing the characters I make, but lately it has gotten to the point where keeping up with an RP just feels like a chore that I want to put off as long as I can. The fact that I really haven't been able to get stable internet over the last month has not helped at all. Anyway, I just wanted to keep you guys in the loop about what's going on with me.
              Old July 31st, 2014 (8:48 PM).
              See You Space Cowboy

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Necrum! Obviously, you should do what you want to do, and if you feel that way about this, know that there's no obligation to do it. So let me know on your final decision, and best of luck to you either way.

Old August 1st, 2014 (4:21 PM).
              Goodbye PC...for now.

Sorry about the absence, ladies and lassies if you want to get technical. I'll be getting on a post soon.
                Old August 7th, 2014 (2:42 PM).
                Just won't die.

Nature: Naughty
                I realize it's long overdue, but I'll be quitting this. Personal reasons. I leave Synner in the hands of Greiger, unless our esteemed GM has any objections.
                Old August 7th, 2014 (2:52 PM).
                See You Space Cowboy

Gotcha, Xil. Thanks for letting us know. Good luck and see ya around!

Quick Reply