• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Melodies of Gandala [Four slots left]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Any hints of how a Pyrite Boy would fit in Gandala?

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Tomorrow I will be posting a map, along with a brief description of the cities and towns, that should help you decide where your character fits in!

LinearAxel

Years
I am going to reserve a spot. Seems like a very cool concept!

Name: Darien Fox

Hometown: Castelia City, Unova

Appearance: Standing at an underwhelming height of 5' 6" and with a slender, slightly girlish build (about 130 pounds), Darien, much to his chagrin, is constantly mistaken for being 13 years old. This undeveloped body type is in contrast, however, with a more defined and square jawline on his face and a slightly hardened look to his facial features. As for Darien's skin, it can be described as being a medium-dark brown akin to the shade of coffee beans, a trait passed on from his father. His hair, long, straight and dark brown, is usually tied back into a neat ponytail reaching about 4 inches down his back. Darien's eyes are a striking shade of electric grey. Darien, as part of differentiating himself from the life of privilege, wears shabby, oversized golfing polos, a baseball cap and baggy wrinkled khaki pants, contrasting with his family's image of polished suit and ties with not caring that much for appearance. As for the bag that contains all the things he might need, Darien carries a very large tan hiking backpack to compliment his image.

Personality: Despite his underwhelming stature, Darien values the thrill of meeting new places, liking to soak up the sights and sounds of a place. He can talk on and on and how he much he admires the cultures of X place or the intriguing history of Y place. Unable to be still, he is extremely excitable and is very hyper, to the point where he could be considered borderline ADHD. However, given his excitability, he has a surprising amount intelligence, given that he had lots of resources at his disposal for something more meaningful such as a high quality education rather than what he saw as trivial pursuits. However, his intelligence is only found under a layer of a young man tormented by trying to find an identity, being scatterbrained and dealing with family drama, putting his emotions on a rollercoaster of ups and downs.

Other: Given the stigma he fears if he reveals the true nature of his background, he prefers to be mum on the subject of his family ties and prefers to change the subject. History will be revealed over the course of the RP. What can be said is that his family, a pair of rich real estate tycoons, Niels and Meredith Fox, have had a rocky relationship since about the time when Darien was ten years old. The slow decline in their relationship can be traced to the mother's issues with addiction, having picked up alcohol and drugs at roughly the same timeframe. This addiction has led to a strained dynamic between the three that put forth a series of to-be-detailed events that landed Darien on his journey.

Starter Pokemon: Male Snivy, Jacques, Ability: Contrary
Moveset: Tackle, Vine Whip, Wrap, Leaf Tornado, Growth, Iron Tail

ACCEPTED!

Man, that history is DEEP! I'm looking forward to learning more as the story progresses!

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I am sorry, but i gotta drop out. I got no idea of how to do my su.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Well, i really don't know how to do my SU.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 3, 2019
Is there still room in this? It looks interesting :3

Edit: I just actually read through everything and it looks like there's plenty of room haha! I'll get to work on my SU!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 3, 2019
Sign-Up Sheet

I'd like to claim the Jaw Fossil please!

Name: Orichalcum (Ori for short) Brengle

Hometown: Born in Goldenrod City, but was raised mostly in Shadowveil City.

Appearance: Ori is tall, about 5' 10". She's a little pudgy, but it isn't that obvious because of her height, though she is obviously curvy. She has curly brown hair that she wears long, usually covering one eye with her bangs. It can get really poofy, and she often laments having curly hair. However, she doesn't usually straighten it, so one has to wonder how legitimate her woes are. She usually wears a tasteful amount of makeup, and her style of clothing varies.

Personality: Ori is… complex to say the least. She's very introverted and quiet, especially around people she doesn't know. She hates crowds and being the center of attention as well. However, break down her barriers and become her friend, and you may have a hard time getting her to stop talking. She's a very anxious person, though to most people she seems pretty laid back. She tends to get attached too quickly, and often gets her heart broken. She hates to lose, but often lacks the confidence to compete in anything. She can be a bit cynical and jaded, but often regrets acting that way.

Other: Ori is the eldest of five children. Her parents' time was usually spent caring for the youngest children, so Ori was relatively lonely growing up, even in her own house. That's not to say her parents were unkind, but they never had enough time for Ori. She spent most of her time reading and playing games on her computer, and developed a love for the worlds created by people. Her biggest goal (and reason for going on a journey) is to gain enough independence from her parents to create a life of her own, with more of the good things she's read about in books.

Starter Pokemon:
Tyrantrum-Male-Brave
Ability: Strong Jaw
Moves:
Tackle
Tail Whip
Bite
Roar

LinearAxel

Years
Sign-Up Sheet

I'd like to claim the Jaw Fossil please!

Name: Orichalcum (Ori for short) Brengle

Hometown: Born in Goldenrod City, but was raised mostly in Shadowveil City.

Appearance: Ori is tall, about 5' 10". She's a little pudgy, but it isn't that obvious because of her height, though she is obviously curvy. She has curly brown hair that she wears long, usually covering one eye with her bangs. It can get really poofy, and she often laments having curly hair. However, she doesn't usually straighten it, so one has to wonder how legitimate her woes are. She usually wears a tasteful amount of makeup, and her style of clothing varies.

Personality: Ori is… complex to say the least. She's very introverted and quiet, especially around people she doesn't know. She hates crowds and being the center of attention as well. However, break down her barriers and become her friend, and you may have a hard time getting her to stop talking. She's a very anxious person, though to most people she seems pretty laid back. She tends to get attached too quickly, and often gets her heart broken. She hates to lose, but often lacks the confidence to compete in anything. She can be a bit cynical and jaded, but often regrets acting that way.

Other: Ori is the eldest of five children. Her parents' time was usually spent caring for the youngest children, so Ori was relatively lonely growing up, even in her own house. That's not to say her parents were unkind, but they never had enough time for Ori. She spent most of her time reading and playing games on her computer, and developed a love for the worlds created by people. Her biggest goal (and reason for going on a journey) is to gain enough independence from her parents to create a life of her own, with more of the good things she's read about in books.

Starter Pokemon:
Tyrantrum-Male-Brave
Ability: Strong Jaw
Moves:
Tackle
Tail Whip
Bite
Roar

ACCEPTED!

I just gotta say, I LOVE this character! She sounds super interesting! Aaaaand as someone who laments her curly hair, but is too lazy to take the time to straighten it, I totally feel for her.

Welcome to the gang! I'm putting up the IC as we speak!

Crescent Moon

Ready? Here we go...
Years
Name: Hikari Grace

Hometown: Lavaridge Town, Hoenn

Appearance: Because Hikari has lived by a volcano so long, her attire has become of a more, "minimalist fashion", so to speak. She wears a dark orange tank top with red shorts that seem a bit too short for some, but are still decent enough to wear in public. Standing at a rather tall 5'9", Hikari is pretty proud of her height, knowing she can still grow a couple more inches. She has long, light blue hair that extends down to her waist and has light red eyes. Her shoes are a solid black with matching black socks. She also wears a white gold necklace she inherited from her grandmother every now and then, but prefers to keep it safe in her bag in case something happens.

Personality: Hikari is a fiery individual, and will do any task she sets out to do with complete determination. Can communicate well with others, but might come off as stubborn to some, and foolish to others. Tends to berate others who laze their way through things or give up too soon. She has a good understanding of battling from the few times she watched Flannery battle, and has developed a passion for it. When she loses, she does get really sad, but will spring back up before you know it to try again. Hikari, while still a child, does tend to be a little flirtatious to people she finds really attractive, which works in her favor because her height kind of masks her age. Hikari only does this because she loves watching people's reactions when she tells them she's only 14.

Charmander (nicknamed Chara (pronounced care-uh))
Ability: Blaze
Move set: Dragon Dance, Ember, Smokescreen, Hone Claws and Scratch (last slot open on purpose)
Description: standard Charmander, except for a patch of red fur on the left side of her chest that strongly resembles a heart.

Other: Hikari had a normal childhood. Raised by her loving parents, Hikari was supported in whatever she did. Raised by a volcano, Hikari often explored, only daring to go into the volcano when she was older. One day, during one of her many ventures through Mt. Chimney, Hikari had found a really strange egg.. After taking it home, Hikari took good care of the egg until it hatched a Charmander. Understanding what having a Pokemon meant, Hikari raised the newly hatched Pokemon to the best of her ability. Hikari realized one day, as she watched Chara play, that her new Pokemon was really strong. This in turn led to the beginning of Hikari thinking of how great she could become with Chara, and eventually become a world-renowned trainer.
That was 2 years ago. After hearing about the land of Gandala, Hikari knew that's where she had to go in order to fulfill her dream of becoming one of the strongest trainers in the world. Together with her partner, Hikari got on the next boat there, impatiently waiting for their arrival in Gandala. As soon as they landed, Hikari bolted for the city where they were handing out Pokedexes, eager to start her long journey.

LinearAxel

Years
Name: Hikari Grace

Hometown: Lavaridge Town, Hoenn

Appearance: Because Hikari has lived by a volcano so long, her attire has become of a more, "minimalist fashion", so to speak. She wears a dark orange tank top with red shorts that seem a bit too short for some, but are still decent enough to wear in public. Standing at a rather tall 5'9", Hikari is pretty proud of her height, knowing she can still grow a couple more inches. She has long, light blue hair that extends down to her waist and has light red eyes. Her shoes are a solid black with matching black socks. She also wears a white gold necklace she inherited from her grandmother every now and then, but prefers to keep it safe in her bag in case something happens.

Personality: Hikari is a fiery individual, and will do any task she sets out to do with complete determination. Can communicate well with others, but might come off as stubborn to some, and foolish to others. Tends to berate others who laze their way through things or give up too soon. She has a good understanding of battling from the few times she watched Flannery battle, and has developed a passion for it. When she loses, she does get really sad, but will spring back up before you know it to try again. Hikari, while still a child, does tend to be a little flirtatious to people she finds really attractive, which works in her favor because her height kind of masks her age. Hikari only does this because she loves watching people's reactions when she tells them she's only 14.

Charmander (nicknamed Chara (pronounced care-uh))
Ability: Blaze
Move set: Dragon Dance, Ember, Smokescreen, Hone Claws and Scratch (last slot open on purpose)
Description: standard Charmander, except for a patch of red fur on the left side of her chest that strongly resembles a heart.

Other: Hikari had a normal childhood. Raised by her loving parents, Hikari was supported in whatever she did. Raised by a volcano, Hikari often explored, only daring to go into the volcano when she was older. One day, during one of her many ventures through Mt. Chimney, Hikari had found a really strange egg.. After taking it home, Hikari took good care of the egg until it hatched a Charmander. Understanding what having a Pokemon meant, Hikari raised the newly hatched Pokemon to the best of her ability. Hikari realized one day, as she watched Chara play, that her new Pokemon was really strong. This in turn led to the beginning of Hikari thinking of how great she could become with Chara, and eventually become a world-renowned trainer.
That was 2 years ago. After hearing about the land of Gandala, Hikari knew that's where she had to go in order to fulfill her dream of becoming one of the strongest trainers in the world. Together with her partner, Hikari got on the next boat there, impatiently waiting for their arrival in Gandala. As soon as they landed, Hikari bolted for the city where they were handing out Pokedexes, eager to start her long journey.

Chara, with a little red heart? Hmmm, something about reading that...fills me with determination. ;)

Anyway, you're accepted! I really like the sound of this character, and her design. When I make everyone's sprites I can tell her's will be a lot of fun!

Years
kvEKCkm.png

Adelaide "Delly" Meadows

Hometown: Rustboro City, Hoenn

Personality: Adelaide is a loner. She spends most of her time reading books or coming up with a new invention instead of interacting with people. Her face is normally void of emotion, and she tries to not get close to people, which isn't much of a problem since they never notice her. She considers other people inferior to her and uses them for her own gain most of the time. She's not used to dealing with people outside of her family, and often forgets that they have feelings. She doesn't hesitate to say whatever's on her mind, which often gets her in trouble.

Starter Pokémon:
uiFcLgt.png
Mariam| Hyper Cutter| Bite| Fairy Wind| Iron Head| Taunt| Growl

LinearAxel

Years
kvEKCkm.png

Adelaide "Delly" Meadows

Hometown: Rustboro City, Hoenn

Personality: Adelaide is a loner. She spends most of her time reading books or coming up with a new invention instead of interacting with people. Her face is normally void of emotion, and she tries to not get close to people, which isn't much of a problem since they never notice her. She considers other people inferior to her and uses them for her own gain most of the time. She's not used to dealing with people outside of her family, and often forgets that they have feelings. She doesn't hesitate to say whatever's on her mind, which often gets her in trouble.

Starter Pokémon:
uiFcLgt.png
Mariam| Hyper Cutter| Bite| Fairy Wind| Iron Head| Taunt| Growl

I always like to see how void characters react when they're put in situations where they have to deal with others.

Thanks so much for your application! you are accepted! c=

LinearAxel

Years
Y'know who's still yet to submit her SU for this? Tis I, for I am terrible. I shall now remedy this.

Name: Harp Liron

Hometown: Silent Hills

Appearance:
Harp_zps67azefxf.png

Personality: It's difficult to discuss Harp, as there's not much to discuss. Growing up in a tiny town with very little outside influence has made her a bit sheltered, and likely easy to influence. A great deal of her personality stems from her environment: She is friendly because the people of her town know her, and are friendly in return. She is impulsive because her impulses have never gotten her into a bad situation. While she likes Pokémon, she has very little experience with them outside of her father's books, and her interaction's with her mother's Blissey. The world of Pokémon battling will be a new one for her, though, with all the firsthand experience she's about to gain, she should start getting the hang of it fairly soon.

Starter Pokemon: Amaura (Female) (Refrigerate) (Quiet nature)
Ancient Power
Ice Beam
Secret Power
Flash cannon
Zen Headbutt
Discharge

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2016
Name: Avery Rask

Hometown: Ascending City

Appearance:
tumblr_o3p78gw98N1rkszmxo1_1280.png

Height: 4' 10"
Weight: 120lbs

Personality (+History): Avery was never a very agreeable girl. Her father worked in the bottom rung of Ascending City with the service industry to take care of her younger sister and her. As such, she has a personal grudge against Cal Co. She doesn't remember much of her mother, besides that she gave up almost everything to be with her father in the "bottom of the best" as they say. It left her very protective of her family, and pretty much anyone who was in need. Because of this she frequently jumps to conclusions without all of the facts, even though she has the best intentions. She's just as quick to apologize when she's wrong, leaving a long string of explosions and apologies in her trail. Despite her quick judgement, she tries to make a friendly first impression. However, she's terrible at those too. Her free time is spent looking for Pokemon and others needing aid of her Audino. When the family couldn't afford the rising costs of rent, she opted to move out and start travelling on her own.

She got a job transporting goods to Shadowveil City, and fell into favor with the mayor and her family through a series of events. She since settled with them, but ended up picking even more fights with not just people but any particularly mischievous ghost Pokemon. She's frequently seen sporting a variety of bandages and band-aids from her most recent scrap. It's almost like she thinks she's invincible with how reckless she gets.

Pokemon: "Sage" the Audino. He's very protective of Avery, and always heals her after she gets injured. However, he's a weak fighter.

Movesets: Heal Pulse, Play Nice, Safe Guard, Rest

Other: Despite fighting a lot, she typically brawls rather than using any particular fighting style. So, she's not terribly skilled either.

LinearAxel

Years
Hikari's attempt to capture the Deerling was a success!

Pokemon on the first few routes won't be too hard to catch. As long as you try, I'm sure you'll get an approval out of me.

Spring time Deerling's newly available moves are:

Disarming Voice
Flower Shield
Moonlight
Fairy Wind
Misty Terrain
Dazzling Gleam
Play rough
Moonblast

Hikari, your captured Deerling can have any of the first five moves. The last three are a little overpowered for this stage in the game, but Deerling can learn them through training.

Also, as Avery was the only character to interact with the wild Rotom, it will now be following her. Avery will be allowed to catch the Rotom whenever she likes.

LinearAxel

Years
Evelyn Vogull​

"They told her she could be anyone, so that is who she became."​

18 years of age

Female

Hometown
Black City, Unova

Appearance
Evelyn stands, without shoes, at the height of 5'6". However, she is known to wear heels, increasing her height by an inch or two. Her hair is blonde; tangled and unruly, with contrasting, neatly-trimmed bangs that hang over her eyes, which are big and green. Her smile is wide and her incisors are pointed, giving her a cheshire cat-like appearance.

On her head, Evelyn wears a trademark black top hat. She always dons bright red lipstick, standing out in front of her almost pure-white skin. She wears a black suit with a red tie, with shiny black heels that click on hard surfaces. She also carries around a pink umbrella and uses it to shield her from the sun and rain.

Always around her neck is her Zorua, which takes the form of a fur.

Personality
To understand Evelyn Vogull, the first step is to know that she is a pathological liar. Any words that come out of her mouth may or may not be less than the complete truth, if not a flat-out lie. Evelyn will always warp the truth to her own advantage, at least from her perspective. In fact, even her identity is less than genuine.

The fact is, Evelyn Vogull is not the name this girl was given at birth, nor is it the first, or second, or even third that she has adopted for herself. Evelyn is her new role, her creation. A caricature of sorts. A mysterious, quiet loner from Black City, Unova. A false identity.

Evelyn, as mentioned before, is not particularly talkative unless she feels it is necessary to speak. She carries around a pink umbrella, and always closes it before entering a room, as she is horribly superstitious. Always around her neck is a Zorua fur, which is, contrary to natural reason, very much alive, utilizing it's illusion-creating abilities to take the form of a scarf.

Evelyn talks to herself more than other people, and tends to mumble.

570.gif
Starter Pokemon

♂ Harlequin the Zorua
★ Illusion
● Extrasensory
● Toxic
● Fake Tears
● Dark Pulse
● Calm Mind
● Incinerate

Other: none.

Hello! This is a GREAT character!

You are 100% completely accepted!

You can post in the IC any time, starting off in Capitol City or just appearing in the first route. The second town, and quests, will be put up some time this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back