• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Browser Customization

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Do you keep your browser 'as is' or do you mess with themes and extensions?

I'm not using themes at the moment, but I am running Ad Block since many websites these days are way too aggressive with them and cause lag on the page.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I have a collection of privacy-related addons, as well as a dark theme, a plugin to edit cookies, and a plugin to return Youtube dislikes.
I have never seen an ad on any website for like years I think.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
privacy/ad block extensions absolutely must have. i wanted a theme but i tried to put a cute one on firefox a while ago and it was taking like 45 seconds to load a page and we can not be living like that

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
oh yeah throwing another +1 for uBlock origin! AdBlock/AdBlock Plus have been selling out for years now. uBlock comes recommended by many people including my housemate's university IT department~

Last edited:

Retek

Banned
Years
Me personally, I use Brave browser which has an ad-blocker in it. As for customisation, I have a lot of bookmarks, but when I book mark a website I remove the name so it is saved as a little icon!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I have a pink tab theme and customised my New Tab window with a screenshot from Hades, the first time I beat the game! As for extensions I have UBlock Origin, GoFullPage and Internet Download Manager. I always customise every chance I get, it's a bit of an obsession. 😌

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Mostly just uBlock and NoScript. I used to be a lot more into this security stuff and had tons of different addons for tracker disabling, cookie deleting, https enforcing, history management, referrer stuff, etc. But that was just an unmanageable nightmare so I got rid of it.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
Years
I only have one extension on my Firefox browser right now, and that's AdBlocker Ultimate. Completely free, blocks a LOT of ads on basically any site, perfect for bypassing those pesky double required ads on Youtube. I LOVE it.

Years
Chrome and Firefox default UIs look great to me. Maybe just change the color themes every now and then. I have a crud load of extensions, but they're mostly for ad blocking and privacy, pretty similar to everything everyone's already said.

Back