• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shocks and Volts: Electric-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Welcome to the club. Am I the only one who wants Shinx and its evolutions to be Electric/Dark since they are quite dark in color and their nature is too? They also use some Dark moves in addition to Electric ones so I was just wondering.

I do too! I was so sure its line would be electric/dark (or at least just Luxio and Luxray) so I was a little disappointed when mine evolved and I saw they were still just electric. :(

And welcome to the club, Raiou~

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I have a little thing I am going to add to the Electric club (and my other clubs in due time) that I saw in the Legendary club that I found to be quite cool and hopefully they don't mind that I borrow their idea. I am going to add all the Electric-types to a name chooser generator-like thing and pair them off against each other in 5 different columns and you will have to choose in all 5 columns which Electric-type would win against the other and why.

Last edited:
Years
I do too! I was so sure its line would be electric/dark (or at least just Luxio and Luxray) so I was a little disappointed when mine evolved and I saw they were still just electric. :(

And welcome to the club, Raiou~

I agree with you with Shinx and its evolution line being Dark/Electric types, although psychic attacks will be useless against, Fighting types will have an advantage. (I don't know other Dark type weakness... So yeah...)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
The tournament idea's pretty cool - are we choosing favourites or the strongest from each bracket though? I can kind of guess who'll win each already but it'll be fun to find out whether the obvious choices win or not haha.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
The tournament idea's pretty cool - are we choosing favourites or the strongest from each bracket though? I can kind of guess who'll win each already but it'll be fun to find out whether the obvious choices win or not haha.

No favoritism, basing each choice on strength, look, move set, etc. and which one would win against the other in a real battle.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
No favoritism, basing each choice on strength, look, move set, etc. and which one would win against the other in a real battle.
Ahh I see haha. My top choices for this are Electivire, Thundurus-T and Rotom-W. I think access to Earthquake will give Electivire a great advantage against a lot of the Electric-types and Thundurus' Volt Absorb will do likewise, plus access to Focus Blast will take out soem of the bulkier ones like Magnezone. The Rotom forms are all immune to Ground moves from their Levitate ability so that's a big boost for them and Rotom-W especially has a heck of a lot of power that can OHKO or 2HKO a huge amount of foes with ease, so I'm expecting him to do well too. The overall winner though? I'm thinking Thundurus. Honourable mention to Zapdos too for the Heat Wave/Sub combo.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Ahh I see haha. My top choices for this are Electivire, Thundurus-T and Rotom-W. I think access to Earthquake will give Electivire a great advantage against a lot of the Electric-types and Thundurus' Volt Absorb will do likewise, plus access to Focus Blast will take out soem of the bulkier ones like Magnezone. The Rotom forms are all immune to Ground moves from their Levitate ability so that's a big boost for them and Rotom-W especially has a heck of a lot of power that can OHKO or 2HKO a huge amount of foes with ease, so I'm expecting him to do well too. The overall winner though? I'm thinking Thundurus. Honourable mention to Zapdos too for the Heat Wave/Sub combo.

I have the column put in the original post. The ones my random generator chose are paired off. To make it fair, I the club owner will not cast my vote, it's a member-only choosing.

Years
Rotom is a good choice and if it's okay, I'll add Lanturn to the stage because of its Volt-Absorb ability too. I'd also like to add in Zapdos if you can with Zapdos being a Flying/Electric type making other Electric pokemon with ground moves ineffective against it.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
People are still not understanding the rules of the tournament :( Take a look at the Legendary club. That is how the voting will go down here and my other 3 clubs as well.

Like for example. Look at column #1. Let's say you pick Pikachu. You have to explain why you picked him and why you think he'd win against Magnezone in a real Pokemon battle (stats, move set, look, etc.). This is the same for all the other columns too.

Years
People are still not understanding the rules of the tournament :( Take a look at the Legendary club. That is how the voting will go down here and my other 3 clubs as well.

Like for example. Look at column #1. Let's say you pick Pikachu. You have to explain why you picked him and why you think he'd win against Magnezone in a real Pokemon battle (stats, move set, look, etc.). This is the same for all the other columns too.

Ack... Guess I did not understand it well enough...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I think it's time to post the brackets! I'll vote for Magnezone over Pikachu because he's a badass and Pikachu's really overrated and overexposed, plus the little rodent never was all that cute. I'll vote for Pachirisu over Electivire because it's the damn cute and there's nothing better than a squirrel Pokémon, but Electivire is really cool too! I'll vote for Helioptile over Magneton because although Magneton is a really cool and strong Pokémon, Helioptile is a lot cuter and that's what matters to me most of the time. I'll vote for Electrode over Shinx because it's... well, honestly it's just cool and I don't really like Shinx much paha. Not much contest there! And finally I'll vote Rotom over Flaaffy because Rotom's much more fun and interesting to use, plus the whole multiple forms thing makes him a really interesting Pokémon haha. AND THAT'S MY VOTES DONE YAAAY ♥

Years
I'll vote for Magnezone because it looks badass and some of his moves are strong accompanied by his stats then I'll vote for Electivire cause' of its look and I tend to prefer tough looking ones over cute ones. I'll vote for Helioptile... Don't know the reason or maybe because of its evolved form then I vote for Shinx because of its good stats and moves and is also one of my faves (pre-evolution of Luxray). Oh, and I'll also vote for Rotom because of its different but cute appearances although I always wanted to hug a Mareep or Flaafy.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Votes so far

Column #1: Pikachu (0) Magnezone (2)
Column #2: Pachirisu (1) Electivire (1)
Column #3: Helioptile (2) Magneton (0)
Column #4: Shinx (1) Electrode (1)
Column #5: Flaaffy (0) Rotom (2)
You should tell us your votes too, I don't see it as unfair if you're taking part - there's no reason your votes would be any less biased than ours XD

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Preferred username [required]: Umbr30n
Partner Pokémon [required]: Raikou

Favourite Electric-Type move?

My favourite is Shock Wave. It hits you no matter what, and it actually DOES look like a Shock Wave! (In Gen III, anyway, that's the only time I seen or used it.)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username [required]: Umbr30n
Partner Pokémon [required]: Raikou

Favourite Electric-Type move?

My favourite is Shock Wave. It hits you no matter what, and it actually DOES look like a Shock Wave! (In Gen III, anyway, that's the only time I seen or used it.)

Welcome to the club. Raikou's a great choice, one of the best Electric-types ever. He eluded me in my Crystal game. I had him weakened enough and he still got away.

Last edited:

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Welcome to the club. Raikou's a great choice, one of the best Electric-types ever. He eluded me in my Crystal game. I had him weakened enough and he still got away.

I feel sorry for you. I battled a Suicune on Silver exactly when I didn't want to see it, so I sent an Ultra Ball flying without even doing anything to it when I thought I was pressing the Run option. The Run Option probably wouldn't have worked anyway - Although my highest level Pokémon was above 40, I was training my Eevee at the time which was just Level 23. As expected, it fled after that turn. In fact, I heard that in HG/SS, if you put a Legendary Dog to sleep, it can still run away.

Column #1: I like Mow Rotom better, mainly because it's not a Legendary.

Column #2: Chinchou's cute enough to have my vote.

Column #3: I like Magnemite better because it gives Special Attack EVs. They could also do good on your party when you've trained them. Thundurus? Yeah, I don't think I like it that much.

Column #4: Stunfisk, because Stunfisk. Stunfisk said.

Column #5: Luxray's awesomeness will never fail to have my vote. :) I always have one in my Platinum Team. Also, I've already given a Rotom form a vote, so it'd be unfair for the other Pokémon to not have a vote.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Column #1: Rotom (Mow Rotom)
Ani479LMS.png
vs. Zekrom
644.png
Ani479LMS.png
Could it be anything else? It's such a cheeky little thing and I love the concept of Rotom in general - it's one of my favourite Electric-types out there and I don't like Zekrom at all so this was an easy pick haha.

Column #2: Zebstrika
523.png
vs. Chinchou
170.png
170.png
Once again it's just sooo cute. I love Chinchou because it's an adorable Pokémon and it has a really interesting typing. I really wish him and Lanturn were a bit stronger so they'd be usable haha. I also adore Chinchou's colour scheme - has anyone else found it to be the prettiest out there?

Column #3: Magnemite
081.png
vs. Thundurus (Incarnate Forme)
642.png
642.png
I never thought I'd be saying this but I've grown to really like Thundurus, especially in the Therian forme. I had to try it out for my mono-Flying team and it soon became the staple of my OU team before I finally grew to like it, probably due to the constant exposure haha. I do love Magnemite and it's a huge cutie but Thundurus is too badass to say no to.

Column #4: Galvantula
596.png
vs. Stunfisk
618.png
618.png
I honestly adore Stunfisk lmao. I used it for my in-game team in Black and it ended up being one of the strongest members on it. It's a surprisingly powerful Pokémon if you give it a chance and I personally find it really cute. I quite like Galvantula but it's not really anything special (aside from the cool typing) - Stunfisk is much cooler.

Column #5: Rotom (Wash Rotom)
Ani479WMS.png
vs. Luxray
405.png
Ani479WMS.png
Rotom-Wash isn't my favourite of the Rotom forms but it is still a cool Pokémon whereas I don't really like Luxray much at all. Shinx and Luxio are both great Pokémon and I love them to bits but Luxray just ruins it for me. Rotom gets my vote by default here but it's not one I particularly like either haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
[October 8th]

Column #1: Electabuzz has my vote here.

Column #2: I vote for Jolteon. Joltik has no chance.

Column #3: I prefer Eelectric - I don't like either Minun or Plusle.

Column #4: Raikou is much better than a Blitzile.

Column #5: Manectric - I like Zapdos least of the Bird trio, and Manectric won't even have to bother finding different types of moves to stump Zapdos. Why? Zapdos' Flying Type takes away it's Electric resistance.

[October 14th]

Column #1: Voltorb is better than Dedenne because, like, everything. Also, say "Come at me". Then listen to Voltorb's cry. It's exactly the same, but deeper.

Column #2: Ampharos is the winner here. I have one in my Silver team.

Column #3: Arceus. Don't like Pichu line.

Column #4: Elekid. Don't need to say why.

Column #5: Heat Rotom. Unique typing, has Levitate which gets rid of Ground problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back