• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Gary's Mod (Beta 2 Released!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Hoo-ee, I'm looking forward to the full release of this hack! FireRed hacks ("Vanilla" or with custom tiles) always have a certain feeling to them, which I can't describe, but it's a good feeling.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Checking in to say I'm still looking forward to Beta 3! Been waiting soooo long.

Kartana

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 25, 2017
Is the next release is the completed version because the hack looks good and want to download it already. It is realy nice to play as gary or blue or anyone else just to beat red hahaha so yeah is it will be 100% download next update?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 23, 2023
hi i had two quick questions one this may be a stupid question but is there like a guide on where to find the mega evolution items and number two will you change Gary's outfit or like will there be an option to change it if possible no worries if the outfit wont change just curious

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
Small question, I went around and replayed the game a second time, I skipped getting key stone, to see how the game plays out without it, however I'm wondering is it possible to get it turned into a mega bracelet now? I can't find Mr. Fuji anywhere for him to do it after the fact.

Also another question, seeing as in the main games you could upgrade your trainer card for "100%" by doing tasks in the game, would it be possible to add things that upgrade it as well in this hack? Not sure if you had plans for post game content after completion, but it'd give good incentive to keep playing it.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
And I bet you guys thought I was dead. ;)

Hello Teh Blazer I have two questions: I wanted to know to what extent was your fantastic hack (you managed to make me love more your creation that my NBA 17 and is not insignificant): D and then wanted to ask if there's a way fast "reverse" the red characters with Blue on red fire with overworld program, since it is the only program that i can not make good use Thank you for your creation :)

The hack goes up to Fuschia City right before you're allowed access into Saffron City.
Hmm, not entirely sure of your second question, but since I'm painfully slow at answering I hope you have found an answer by now. :)

Its totally awsome.Hey i Create Pokemon Aurura Blue Soon.

I can't wait to see the thread haha

Why do I feel like the third screenshot might include some type of battle with a 'partner' of sorts and pressing two or three different 'switches' to get the door to unlock?

Good progress here TehBlazer, I'm excited as always to see a finished project and more updates, keep us posted! :)

Haha you can't trick me into releasing classified information unless you're Russian.

Hoo-ee, I'm looking forward to the full release of this hack! FireRed hacks ("Vanilla" or with custom tiles) always have a certain feeling to them, which I can't describe, but it's a good feeling.

The greatest feeling is not having to insert a million new tiles haha

Checking in to say I'm still looking forward to Beta 3! Been waiting soooo long.

I'm looking forward to it too, hopefully it'll live up to its hype!

Is the next release is the completed version because the hack looks good and want to download it already. It is realy nice to play as gary or blue or anyone else just to beat red hahaha so yeah is it will be 100% download next update?

The next release goes all the way up to the elite four so it can be considered the complete version, but beta 4 aka the final version will have some post game content to play with.

WHEN DAT BETA 3 COMIN OUT

HOPEFULLY BEFORE I DIE

you should give gary the Pokemon Crono protagonist costume as a second outfit that would be cool too see.

That would be an extremely cool outfit, but I'd have to talk to Dante to use it first haha

hi i had two quick questions one this may be a stupid question but is there like a guide on where to find the mega evolution items and number two will you change Gary's outfit or like will there be an option to change it if possible no worries if the outfit wont change just curious

I don't think anyone has posted a guide for the items, but there is a list I posted some time ago that says what mega evolutions are available in the current beta.
I hadn't planned on changing the outfit personally, but nothing is set in stone just yet haha.

Small question, I went around and replayed the game a second time, I skipped getting key stone, to see how the game plays out without it, however I'm wondering is it possible to get it turned into a mega bracelet now? I can't find Mr. Fuji anywhere for him to do it after the fact.

Also another question, seeing as in the main games you could upgrade your trainer card for "100%" by doing tasks in the game, would it be possible to add things that upgrade it as well in this hack? Not sure if you had plans for post game content after completion, but it'd give good incentive to keep playing it.

Unless my scripting is complete trash (which there is always a chance), Mr. Fuji should appear back in Lavender Town in his usual vanilla spot after you finish the Lax Mountain events. If you talk to him in Lavender Town, he should give you the Mega Bracelet then.
I've had post game contents planned, but I completely forgot about the trainer card. There's a lot of possibilities with that trainer card haha.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off I'd just like to say I'm sorry about not posting with updates in awhile, I got into an accident and have been recovering for some time now. Of course this recovery time allows me to work on the hack more and get my ideas in order to ensure beta 3 is the best beta yet. Rather than a bunch of images like I usually do to show progress, I'd like to explain a little bit about why I'm taking so long in mapping the Kanjoh and Kannen Isles.

NePaAyl.png

Just wait until you see the tape about you

I'm sure you're familiar with the edgiest Netflix series about teenagers and terrible choices, 13 Reason Why. Well imagine that, but instead of cassette tapes its VHS tapes and instead of edgy teenagers it's a 10 year old and a bunch of adult team rocket members. Just like the diaries of Cinnabar Mansion, there are security video tapes that show you recordings of a past time. Collect all 8 tapes and play them on the computer in the screenshot and discover the truth of what happened 10 years ago. Note that collecting or even watching the tapes isn't mandatory and you can complete the game without touching them, it's only for the curious minded that actually like a story being told. Don't worry, you're not gonna find a tape with your name on it.

6Eu9LkA.png

Making the hack great again, one minigame at a time

And of course, because I'm not some monster that leaves you with one screenshot, another screenshot of an all too familiar sounding house... dude.

Years
Just started playing. I've found a couple small glitches.

1. In the beginning, when Professor Oak asks for Red's name, there are a bunch of weird letters after the sentence.
  2. Eevee has no "Lv" before it's level.
  3. My Eevee got poisoned, but when I was walking back to the Pok?mon center, it said "Eevee survived the poisoning!" and then something about Mr. Fuji's journal. A weird glitch.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Where is the first place I find a Sandshrew? I'm currently at Pewter City.

There's a new area in Mt. Moon which has Sandshrew in there.

Also, I'm aware of those bugs you listed. Fixed the first and last, I think the no "Lv" on Eevee comes from Touched's Mega Evolution thing which I'm way to unknowledged to try and fix haha.

Years
I have a few questions:

• Where is HM02 Fly?
  • Can I catch a Kadabra somewhere, or will I have to train an Abra?
  • Where is the first place I can catch a Shellder?
  • Where is the coin case?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 23, 2020
Fly- I think is in the Underground Tunnel when you do something for a certain someone
Train an Abra
Not sure about Shellder
Coin Case- get from a certain person when you do what needs to be done for them

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 20, 2017
i cant get past oaks lab i have interacted with everything like 10 times each
Edit~
Nvm tried it on a fresh file and it worked ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 2, 2019
Just revived on Pok?Community again. I'm so happy that this is yet undeceased. I shall hopefully continue my fanfiction of your exemplary ROM hack, although my writing flair has changed slightly over the many moons that I was absent.

Looking forward to Beta 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back