• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Who's that Pokemon? It's Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
This is both a discussion and writing thread. Such articles will be co-written by anyone interested, and hence need to be in this section to be accessible by all.

This thread is for writing up the second article on our series of spotlight articles on the featured Pokemon; this time around it's Solosis and its evolutions. (The following set of articles will be on an Eeveelution, then another line, etc). See this thread for more details and to discuss other article ideas. This article will be an overview about Solosis, introducing what it is, some general facts, trivia, etc. It's also written from the perspective of Professor Oak! (But we could consider using the professor of the region the Pokemon comes from instead...?)

The OP will be continually updated with the additions. In replies, you can volunteer to write parts, post written parts and make edits and suggestions for this article. Images are also welcome.

For now, the general outline! While the headings and sections here are based on what we used in the first article, we can always add on to this as well.

Credits list
Will be included as a contributor within the article

---------------------

Cover image: ??? (Maybe another ala last article's - we have the base Photoshop file for it too. However... this article has 3 Pokemon in it, so open to other ideas on this.
Excerpt: Previous one was "Learn the basic facts and trivia from Professor Oak about the cute Normal-type Pokémon with a small mutation problem."

Intro ala Professor Oak/etc about the article.

What's in a name? - discuss the names of all three Pokemon.

In the real world - discuss what the three pokemon are based upon
Etherion has written!

Weight/Size - discuss how heavy/light/big/small/etc they are!

Abilities/The Power Inside - discuss abilities, how they relate to the Pokemon, etc!

Battling Advice - few short paragraphs on how viable (or not) each Pokemon is
Dragon is covering this.

Where's the nearest Solosis - where can you get them in the games?

Did you know? - other trivia on the Pokemon not covered by above sections

Last edited:

Etherion

umm, for the "In The Real World" segment, maybe?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
umm, for the "In The Real World" segment, maybe?
Looks good! I have some suggestions for changes, but the bulk looks good to me!

All that and more in this week's Pokemon Analogy.
I'd remove this as this feels out of place within a section of an article by a different name.
Take of example, their dark green, gel-like substance surrounding their bodies, resembling a cytoplasm, a thick solution that fills each cell and is enclosed by the cell membrane.
I'd add in a comma after 'Take'.
Lastly, those little growths inside their bodies correspond to organelles, literally, the term means "little organs".
I'd replace the bolded comma with a hyphen or colon. As the cell body is composed of various organs, Solosis and the rest of its evolutionary line, too, has "little organs" inside of them.

Let's move on, see that line down its head?
Similarly, I'd start a new sentence around that comma ("Let's move on. See that...")
It's actually a groove formed from the cell membrane in a dividing cell – called the "cleavage furrow", the appearance of such on the outer surface indicates that two new cells are forming, meaning the cell is undergoing cytokinesis.
Similarly in the middle ('...furrow". The appearance...'). May also need to explain what 'cytokinesis' is.

We also need a supporting image to go with this section, probably something that labels real-life counterparts so people can easier see the resemblances you describe.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Bump! Now we have a larger team again, I'd like to revive this series. We can pick off where we left off with this, and I'm keen to write parts other people don't want with this.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I think it's okay to keep Professor Oak. They all study different things, right? Elm studies breeding and eggs, Rowan studies evolution, Kukui studies attacks. But I'm pretty sure Oak just studies the Pokemon themselves.

I can help out with the "Where's the nearest?" section. I can write something up in a bit once I'm done editing my other one ^_^

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
You know the drill. TCG is mine :)

Oh, it's not even in the list? ADD IT!

I can probably do at least some of the Ability section too.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I think it's okay to keep Professor Oak. They all study different things, right? Elm studies breeding and eggs, Rowan studies evolution, Kukui studies attacks. But I'm pretty sure Oak just studies the Pokemon themselves.

I can help out with the "Where's the nearest?" section. I can write something up in a bit once I'm done editing my other one ^_^
Fair enough reasoning there with the Oak persona. I'm inclined to agree.
You know the drill. TCG is mine :)

Oh, it's not even in the list? ADD IT!

I can probably do at least some of the Ability section too.
Note that any TCG section here will be short and sweet - more in-depth analysis can be reserved for a separate article in the series. Fine with adding a TCG segment here at any rate! (On that note, any other sections to add? Notable merchandise, say?)

Years
Gonna bump this again!

Basically I was thinking of trying to gather fanworks from around here again for something for another article, and...hey, this is still a thing, so why not try to see if we could gather a little fan-made stuff to put into this article?

Also I bring something of my own that could be used:
Spoiler:

Not a cover image, but a graphic that could be inserted into there somewhere. Once it's sized down again.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Gonna bump this again!

Basically I was thinking of trying to gather fanworks from around here again for something for another article, and...hey, this is still a thing, so why not try to see if we could gather a little fan-made stuff to put into this article?

Also I bring something of my own that could be used:
Spoiler:

Not a cover image, but a graphic that could be inserted into there somewhere. Once it's sized down again.
I feel that we could include your cute graphic in this specific article and then have a follow-up article for fanworks using Solosis on PC, like we did with Eevee.

Back