• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Are people in Johto too trusting?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay it seems to me that in these games, more than ever, more people seem to trust you with their precious Pokemon. Nobody knows who you are, yet hey, hello, please have my Pokemon forever.

It all starts with Togepi. You get given a Togepi egg. You could have easily befriended Silver and decided to run off with it... but yet you're given it.

Then there's the Odd Egg. Who said I wanted ANOTHER egg to carry, hmmm??

Then less than 15 minutes later, boom, why don't you look after my trusted messenger Spearow?

Not long after that you get given an Eevee. What if you were an awful trainer?! Bill never knew you!

And the saddest thing of all. Shuckle. Nobody ever gave Shuckle back, did they? That guy has probably been sad for the last ten years wanting his precious Shuckle back. Not only did he lose Sneasel, he also lost Shuckle too... because he was so naive! I mean this is the region where the villians aim to steal Pokemon and your own RIVAL steals Pokemon.

What do you guys think? Are people in Johto too trusting? What would you do in their shoes? Wouldn't you... y'know... rather trust someone respected?

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
Well, when you put it like that... I've kept Spearow a lot and I hardly ever get Shuckle. Maybe the people of Johto are a little too trusting.

Years
Sorry but the entire Poke world is too trusting. I mean c'mon people just walk into your house and look around all the time. This is a universal thing too. Not to mention that it seems the majority of couples are naive in thinking they found the right person. I mean c'mon now....think of all the trainers of the various games with dead beat daddies. :P

Also in Kanto....who leaves their Eevee on the desk? XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
But Johto though is hilarious in this. Shuckle. A stranger steals your previous prize winning Pokemon so you give your last one left to... the next stranger that just walks into your home. I worry for the people of Johto.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Hahaha this is a great thread. I definitely never gave Shuckle back, although I did make it a point to give back Spearow. I guess they were living in the honeymoon period post-Team Rocket (or so they thought) so had flipped from being scared and conservative three years ago, to being far too trusting now that TR had supposedly been defeated.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
lol I transferred shuckle so I couldn't give it back if I wanted to. I suppose if I restarted I might give it back just because I already have one.

Back