• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Mono-Color Challenge

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
I was fairly certain I had already written updates/notes for my playthrough of White on Y that I started over a year ago, but I proved myself wrong. No screenshots of gym leader victories or things of the like exist, either. Due to this, I don't recall many details, but I do know that I caught a Caterpie (which evolved into Butterfree) to help me early on, but it was later ditched in favor of other Pok?mon that I wanted to use.

Anyway, I'll continue this from where I left off...
Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
Moon Blue Mono-Color - Update #4
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

And likewise...

Username: Swagroar (formerly Stargazer/Pendraflare)
Color: Blue
Game: Blue, Soul Silver, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum, Black 2, X, Moon (Disclaimer: I've already beaten the game in Moon, but will save that for the next post)
Ultimate?: Yes

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Since it's been two weeks I can finally post the last part of this one.

Moon Blue Mono-Color - Update #5 / Final Update
Spoiler:

The Final Team!
Spoiler:

That leaves two games left. And on that note...

Soul Silver Blue Mono-Color - Update #2
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
I'm planning my teams for future Monocolor runs (hopefully starting soon), and I have a question about what color(s) Minior counts as. Before its ability activates, it counts as a brown Pok?mon, but its cores vary in color. Would it be eligible for a brown monocolor run (regardless of its core) as well as a purple monocolor run, for instance? Provided that the core is purple, obviously.

I guess it's a similar situation to the Cherrim case from the link in the OP, but I just wanted to be sure.

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023

I think you've got the right of it. You can use it for a brown run or for whatever run matches its core according to the Bulbapedia page.

I've decided that when playing Sun and Moon, the in-game Pokedex color is what you use to guide your team, especially when in comes to Alolan Forms.

Jd made that decision when the games were pretty new and before the Color page on Bulbapedia was updated, but after I personally pushed them a bit they updated it :)

From my understanding of it, the Alolan dex is actually quite dynamic in that there's only one entry for each pokemon, but if you've seen different variants it will show up in different searches (color, height, etc.)

Last edited:
Years
Soul Silver Blue Mono-Color - Update #3

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
Feeling like I'm the only one who still cares about this )=

Soul Silver Blue Mono-Color - Update #4 - Final Johto Update

Spoiler:

Champion Team:

Spoiler:

Final playing time for Johto: 30:41

Years
And yet again...

Soul Silver Blue Mono-Color - Update #5
Spoiler:

Team:

Spoiler:

And as a bonus to try to liven this place up a bit...

Black 2 Blue Mono-Color - Update #7 (Post-Game update #1)

Spoiler:

Team:

Spoiler:

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
Feeling like I'm the only one who still cares about this )=

This thread is 5 years old and has yet to die out completely. Just because it's currently in a lull doesn't mean you should feel sad about being the only one currently posting updates. Definitely don't think it's anything to triple post over : /

Anyway:

Finally put in the time to finish up this run. Another Ultimate (through Gen V) complete!

Ultimate Blue Monocolor Challenge (Black 2) - Second and FINAL Update

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
"Don't think it's anything to triple post over"... Well, what else am I supposed to do? I do remember that the double posting rule was two weeks, at least that was the case before 2015. I know I could have edited the posts but I didn't want to make one enormous post for both of these.

And with that...

Soul Silver Blue Mono-Color - Update #6
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Current playing time: 38:21. I had 30:41 upon beating Lance. So, less than eight hours for all eight badges. Let's see how long it takes to get to Red. But I'm determined to do it without items. I've managed to come this far without using a single item in any battle, so let's see if I can take Red's team of Level 80s without them! (Well, I have, you guys haven't seen it yet.)

Black 2 Blue Mono-Color - Update #8 (Post-Game update #2)
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

I also have Blue to do, I'll probably just speed through that and make a long list of the important fights.

Last edited:

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
EDIT: Added a second update to the bottom
EDIT2: Another one!

Ultimate Red Monocolor Challenge (X) - Second and FINAL Update

Spoiler:

Ultimate Green Monocolor Challenge (AlphaSapphire) - First Update

Spoiler:

Ultimate Red Monocolor Challenge (Moon) - First Update

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Can't believe I somehow almost forgot to post this. x_x

Soul Silver Blue Mono-Color Update #7 - Final Update
Spoiler:

The Final Team!
Spoiler:

Finished training and started going for Heart Scales: 48:59
Found first Heart Scale: 49:38 (not counting 27 or so minutes that I reset after)
Found second Heart Scale: I don't remember exactly, but I know it was around 50 hours
Final playing time: 50:49 or something

Now I just have to force myself to do Blue or Leaf Green, and the Elite Four rematches in Black 2 and I'll have this all wrapped up.

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
Ultimate Green Monocolor Challenge (AlphaSapphire) - Second Update

Spoiler:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Don't have a proper update because it's 1 AM and I don't feel like typing, but I finished my 6-month-old Mono-Yellow on Sun. This is good, because it means I can reset the thing and do another challenge now. Preferably one that gives me an answer to Rock types, because Kukui's Lycanroc messed my team up.

Years
UPDATE ONE PLATINUM
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 25, 2023
@jdthebud

Your posts are broken due to Photobucket, and I can't read the OP.

Years
UPDATE TWO PLATINUM
Spoiler:

TEAM
Spoiler:

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
EDIT: New update on bottom

Ultimate Red Monocolor Challenge (Moon) - Second Update