• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What version of the game are you playing?

What version do you have?

• Black 2

Votes: 71 43.3%
  • White 2

Votes: 67 40.9%
  • Black 2 and White 2

Votes: 26 15.9%

• Total voters

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I bought Black 2 the day it came out. My friends and I had to a bet to see who'd have the strongest Pokemon by the end of the week, and of course I won! My brother wanted to buy White 2 but he never did.

I've logged about 60 hours on Black 2. I've beaten the game and have caught most of the Pokemon for my Unova deck. I also have all of the legendaries! :)

BeausaHD

The Beau In HD
Years
Im playing White 2 at the moment, thinking of getting Black 2 when I complete White 2.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I bought all four Gen V games, but so far both Black versions remain untouched (I plan on recording the playthroughs of those when I'll find how to do it) .

DahDexy

Way Too Freakin' Random
Years
I'm playing Pokémon White 2. I bought Pokémon Black, so I decided to buy White 2. I really like, I started playing the game rather late, like... a week ago. ( :P ) So I'm only half way done with the game. I'm playing slowly so I can enjoy it. :)

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I haven't bought either yet but I am planning on getting White 2 since White Kyurem is so cool. and now the stuff from White is in White 2, the White Treehollow seems better than Black Tower to me.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
At first I got White 2, but later I got Black 2, which I am playing through now. Now that I think of it, this is the same as the previous games, first White, then I got Black. I guess I always just liked White Forest.

Years
I'm playing Black 2, since Black was my main version of the original pair.

Also, I liked Black 2's features over White 2's, such as Gothitelle line, Heracross, tech-looking Opelucid City, Black City and also the watery Reversal Mountain. Yeah I'm so biased lol

Last edited:

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
I got White 2 In Japanese and Black 2 in English. White 2 is my main one, Assist mode is way too easy so I got Black 2 for challenge mode.
Black 2 mainly for nuzlocke purposes, pretty good so far, 2 pokémon have died so far.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I perfer Black/Black 2 over White/White 2. It's just due to my preference of the color Black over the color White. Plus playing both as Black gets you both Reshiram and Zekrom anyways. And no, I'm not racist :P

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I got the original Black, so I thought the story might flow better if I got Black 2. Plus, I could get Zekrom without having through White 2, which is really boring.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
My main game was white 1, so I beat black 2 first before getting White 2.
Black 2 is just my storage and passerby file now.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I have both of them, but so far, White 2 is my main game. I'm not very far in either game, though; I'm in Castelia City in White 2, and in Black 2, I still need to pick my starter (actually, I can't remember whether I started and saved any sort of a file or not, though I did download a wifi event onto it). I would love to have more time to make progress on both games, but so far, it hasn't happened.

Yoshihiko

Moved back to SNOR(es)LAX
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 30, 2013
I've White 2, I chose White cos I had White 1, and I was like, 'why not buy White 2?'

EricOuellet

Crazynerdypeople
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 11, 2013
I've bought both of them started in my black first but stopped playing for a while and started in my white after and I'm at the 7th gym. I think these games are way better than the original B/W.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Because I bought Black 1, I decided to buy Black 2 upon the recommendation of GameFreak. I usually buy both versions when they come out, but I decided not to this time as I didn't really see a need for it.

Vei

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
I got White 2 because I got White [1] initially, and I really took a shine to Reshiram after I bought White [1]. On my second run of the game now, and it is great. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2013
i got black 2 and i'm done with the main game but i'm now getting the legendaries and lving up my pokemon and working on completing my pokedex.

Back